Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences Share review & feedback on vendors and sellers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2013, 09:12 PM   #101
JoeyB
 
JoeyB's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 217
Hey slowmo, or can I just call you JR ?
I'm pretty sure not many here believe a word you are saying.
Fact we already know JR has pulled out his Rolodex for support (which is fine , just be upfront about it when you post).
I'm 99% sure you are either JR himself or one of Tom D's car club buddies.
It's pretty clear to me and others that have PM'd me!
Who on this thread or site is going to go thru all the post, name calling and putting their ass on the line for a shop they just got FREE AIR from ??? I'm willing to bet no one. Why would anybody defend someone to the lenghts that you have with ZERO experience with the shop as far as parts ( yes I know you got free air !, me too I'm breathing it in right now !!) and risk looking like a complete A-hole for defending a rip-off artist (in my opinion). Why ?? You have NO IDEA which side is correct ! So a normal, honest person would be neutral until they had all the facts.
And what no more comments about me ?? What happened either you are JR and can't meet me, or if your a Tom D. buddy, did JR fill you in on me tonite and you decided it best to keep your mouth shut. Funny all you loud mouths are quiet once someone wants to meet you face to face !
Go away slomo no one wants to hear you lies !
__________________
60'- 1.699 1/4- 11.086 @ 126.28
JoeyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:13 PM   #102
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,304
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowfofo View Post
Pictures coming shortly - I guess I just missed GMG69. They said he was there right before me with his twin turbo car. I would have like to seen that.

I spoke to J.R. about the twin turbo kit on your car and he has the same story you do. Therefore you are in agreement(not sure if that brings you any comfort) Where you differ is ironically what I said. You purchased a kit from George at Turbo Tech. Granatelli said both he and George spoke to your engine "engineer" and both told him NOT TO RUN JOURNEL BEARING TURBO'S on a large displacement engine. Also you will note when Granatelli was posting on your thread you keep saying you had a Granatelli kit and J.R was responding. It was shortly after when Granatelli saw your install photos on your thread that he realized you purchased a kit from TTi. Even after that he still supported you and when your car's turbo failed he happily sold you the turbos off his own engine. He did not keep your turbos and screw you out of them, he did as you requested and sent them back to Precision (on his own dime) as you requested. You keep saying he charged you 1600 times 2. That is 3200 not $3600. I tried to call BS on J.R. in a nice way and he showed me your invoice. He billed you $3200 and then credited you back $2000. If you look at the Precision website a ball bearing to journal bearing up grade is $980 to $1100 each. $580 was his cost each. So he made $40.00 profit in total but paid shipping so he most likely lost money. He seemed genuinely displeased that you were not happy and said he tried to speak with you by phone back then but you were clearly very mad. He explained to me that you explained to him after the fact that your engine guy could have saved you the $40 bucks but "all due respect" JR's words, He is in business to stay in business and as much as it may be confusing to you - You were Corry’s customer who was Georges customer. The fact that you J.R. posted on your thread and tried to help you before during and after Camaro Fest only goes to show he did what he said he would. You had me believing he stole your turbos - that is clearly not the case and I saw the paperwork.

I do understand your side but it is clear that J.R. Granatelli did his part and tried to make it right by you. I guess you all need to agree to disagree on that one. Call me crazy but I think the guy went out of his way to help. Where you differ in opinion is on the Money side of things. I note no where in here do you ever mention calling Turbo Tech for help or service. Why not.

You say they seemed more engineering like. Why deal with them all the way until you had a problem and then dump on J.R.?

Simple - Because J.R. made himself the target by putting himself out there. I did a search on George at Turbo Tech - He rarely if never comes here and does not appear to have supported the sight either. So like they say no good deed goes unpunished.

I am not blinded one way or the other - you paint the picture your way and he paints it his way but reading and listening to both sides and one can see you agree on most everything but the ball bearing upgrade fees.
Drinking the Kool aid... If I thought it would do any good, I would go back and pull the receipts myself...

My credit card was charged 3600 dollars... and you also have what was credited back to me wrong...

Here's the deal... You have no bearing in this... You're posting the crap being fed to you by a crook... Unless you are actually J.R. posting under some random acct... Why does the ip address appear as City Hall in Philly... J.R., did someone teach you how to use remote addresses...

I recommend you either post your own experiences or leave the thread... We've done that... and little of the B.S. you post as or for J.R. is true...

Why did I not call George... Because J.R. did. I happened to have J.R.'s number when I was out in the middle of West Texas stuck on the side of the highway.. I called him, he called George... hmmmm... funny how that worked out...

As for my builder, you know nothing... And will leave him out of it...

he is not relevant to any of this... I was there when that phone call was made and the mention of ball bearing turbos never came up... How would J.R. be privy to that if he didn't even know we bought the kit until he saw pictures of it being installed... Another shady story and lie by J.R.???

He did not keep your turbos and screw you out of them, he did as you requested and sent them back to Precision (on his own dime) as you requested.

This is absolute horseshit J.R. Yes, J.R. sold me the turbo's off his display motor... with the stipulation that he get my turbo's to put back on the display motor... He offered to send them to precision for me... I told him to make sure they were shipped to me from Precision and that I would pay any repair or upgrade costs...

He failed to do that seeing an additional chance to screw me.. As mentioned, I called Precision to have them shipped to me and pay any costs... I was told they were sent with specific instructions about the repairs, and to be returned to GMS... upon which time I wasn't offered the option of paying the upgrade or repair costs... My acct was credited with an amount of J.R.'s choosing and he turned around and sold them to someone else... I owed money for the upgrade, but wasn't given the opportunity to do so... They were my turbo's still are as far as that goes...

Why can't J.R come onto this or any other forum and defend himself or his schiester company... oh that's right, he can't follow the simple rules of an online forum to stay a member... Do a search... Other than a few guys out of his rolodex, he can't keep much of anyone happy... since he would rather screw people than make things right and develop a strong following...

J.R. J.D. or whomever you are... You're wrong... in business practices and in life... I hope you sleep well..

J.D., if that's whom I am sending this to... Enjoy your new brake rotors I have no doubt you received for free or at a greatly reduced price for this posting... Let J.R. take you to dinner... but tread lightly... Your posting of information so close to the matter makes me think this is J.R. posting on someone else's acct... and J.R. is banned from this site, as a vendor or member... just like most sites he is unable to remain a member of...
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:17 PM   #103
JoeyB
 
JoeyB's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Drinking the Kool aid... If I thought it would do any good, I would go back and pull the receipts myself...

My credit card was charged 3600 dollars... and you also have what was credited back to me wrong...

Here's the deal... You have no bearing in this... You're posting the crap being fed to you by a crook... Unless you are actually J.R. posting under some random acct... Why does the ip address appear as City Hall in Philly... J.R., did someone teach you how to use remote addresses...

I recommend you either post your own experiences or leave the thread... We've done that... and little of the B.S. you post as or for J.R. is true...

Why did I not call George... Because J.R. did. I happened to have J.R.'s number when I was out in the middle of West Texas stuck on the side of the highway.. I called him, he called George... hmmmm... funny how that worked out...

As for my builder, you know nothing... And will leave him out of it...

he is not relevant to any of this... I was there when that phone call was made and the mention of ball bearing turbos never came up... How would J.R. be privy to that if he didn't even know we bought the kit until he saw pictures of it being installed... Another shady story and lie by J.R.???

He did not keep your turbos and screw you out of them, he did as you requested and sent them back to Precision (on his own dime) as you requested.

This is absolute horseshit J.R. Yes, J.R. sold me the turbo's off his display motor... with the stipulation that he get my turbo's to put back on the display motor... He offered to send them to precision for me... I told him to make sure they were shipped to me from Precision and that I would pay any repair or upgrade costs...

He failed to do that seeing an additional chance to screw me.. As mentioned, I called Precision to have them shipped to me and pay any costs... I was told they were sent with specific instructions about the repairs, and to be returned to GMS... upon which time I wasn't offered the option of paying the upgrade or repair costs... My acct was credited with an amount of J.R.'s choosing and he turned around and sold them to someone else... I owed money for the upgrade, but wasn't given the opportunity to do so... They were my turbo's still are as far as that goes...

Why can't J.R come onto this or any other forum and defend himself or his schiester company... oh that's right, he can't follow the simple rules of an online forum to stay a member... Do a search... Other than a few guys out of his rolodex, he can't keep much of anyone happy... since he would rather screw people than make things right and develop a strong following...

J.R. J.D. or whomever you are... You're wrong... in business practices and in life... I hope you sleep well..

J.D., if that's whom I am sending this to... Enjoy your new brake rotors I have no doubt you received for free or at a greatly reduced price for this posting... Let J.R. take you to dinner... but tread lightly... Your posting of information so close to the matter makes me think this is J.R. posting on someone else's acct... and J.R. is banned from this site, as a vendor or member... just like most sites he is unable to remain a member of...
AGREED 10000000% THIS SLOMO IS A JOKE NOT EVEN WORTH RESPONDING TO HIS POST. WHERE I COME FROM AND PRETTY MUCH EVERYWHERE ELSE IN THE COUNTRY EXCEPT CA, YOU BACK UP WHAT YOU SAY. UNTIL HE DOES THAT I'M DONE WITH HIS BS !
__________________
60'- 1.699 1/4- 11.086 @ 126.28
JoeyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:17 PM   #104
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,304
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowfofo View Post
Lastly I would add that 2 guys are feeling let down by JR Granatelli and his company but on the flip side we have biggerNtexas, GMG69 and Tom D that all spent big money and are very happy. I don't even count yet because I am only $425 deep.

SSE 4 2SS - your not even a GMS customer other than purchasing the ball bearing turbo upgrades for what is really only $1200. Which buy the way means he got you a full warranty of $1000 each for your broken turbos. Seems like he did his job - No?
J.R. are you really that thick... Did you not go back and see where you were claiming the kit as yours... right up until it crapped itself... I highlighted it in red... Sorry, can't do any more than that... I don't have access to a crayon and a big chief tablet to draw on here with...

Again, this is being posted by someone obviously more informed than some random "new customer" that got free air and probably some new free rotors...

Feel free to step out.. since if I find out this is J.R. posting under some other members name, I'll ban you from the site....
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:20 PM   #105
rberns


 
rberns's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Posts: 2,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowfofo View Post
I spoke to J.R. about the twin turbo kit on your car and he has the same story you do. Therefore you are in agreement(not sure if that brings you any comfort) Where you differ is ironically what I said. You purchased a kit from George at Turbo Tech. Granatelli said both he and George spoke to your engine "engineer" and both told him NOT TO RUN JOURNEL BEARING TURBO'S on a large displacement engine. Also you will note when Granatelli was posting on your thread you keep saying you had a Granatelli kit and J.R was responding. It was shortly after when Granatelli saw your install photos on your thread that he realized you purchased a kit from TTi. Even after that he still supported you and when your car's turbo failed he happily sold you the turbos off his own engine. He did not keep your turbos and screw you out of them, he did as you requested and sent them back to Precision (on his own dime) as you requested. You keep saying he charged you 1600 times 2. That is 3200 not $3600. I tried to call BS on J.R. in a nice way and he showed me your invoice. He billed you $3200 and then credited you back $2000. If you look at the Precision website a ball bearing to journal bearing up grade is $980 to $1100 each. $580 was his cost each. So he made $40.00 profit in total but paid shipping so he most likely lost money. He seemed genuinely displeased that you were not happy and said he tried to speak with you by phone back then but you were clearly very mad. He explained to me that you explained to him after the fact that your engine guy could have saved you the $40 bucks but "all due respect" JR's words, He is in business to stay in business and as much as it may be confusing to you - You were Corry’s customer who was Georges customer. The fact that you J.R. posted on your thread and tried to help you before during and after Camaro Fest only goes to show he did what he said he would. You had me believing he stole your turbos - that is clearly not the case and I saw the paperwork.
I've been following this post for a bit. Sorry to the guys that got screwed, but I am just not understanding how one customer who got free air is able to get so much detailed information about another customer from Granatelli unless they are his close buddies defending the business or if it is the owner under this alias name. Good luck to the C5 guys on here with the unfortunate circumstances.
__________________
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, GFX, Subs, RX CC, ARH 1 7/8, Cold Air Inductions.
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:25 PM   #106
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,304
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowfofo View Post

SSE 4 2SS - your not even a GMS customer other than purchasing the ball bearing turbo upgrades for what is really only $1200. Which buy the way means he got you a full warranty of $1000 each for your broken turbos. Seems like he did his job - No?
One further comment relative who TTI/GMS is...

This is from the horses mouth himself in another post..

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck1974
I made one last phone call to you guys before making my decision. I actually called TTI who makes your kit. Within an hour, a high pressure salesman from your company called me. He told me he used to work at Hellion and that they make a junior kit compared to everyone else and it is total crap. He then told me that everything IPS has ever done on a car involving turbos was made by you. Every vette setup, etc. He told me that if I went with IPS, I would be going with a company that has proven nothing.

I hung up and sent IPS a cashiers check for the full amount of the kit. I am happy to wait a bit for it. They did not say one bad thing about you.
Quote:
originally posted by granatelli:
Thanks and sorry you had a bad experience. You will note that everyone else the dead opposite - We do not sell our kit based on the others mistakes and we don't need to talk down other kits - If anyone here does that I will fix that immediately - I only have 1 guy that remotely fits your description. He "claims" you said you were not impressed with Hellion or IPS but they had lower prices and you said IPS was $1000 cheaper than Granatelli so you would just fix the parts on their kit you did not like since you were a welder.

Granatelli and TTi are the same. Saying you spoke direct to the guy that make our kits serves no real purpose. We are one in the same like I said.

Again sorry for any mix up. The point make staff member was making is simple...With out system there is no need to "fix" or "change" anything. It is all complete and ready to rock - right out of the box."
The rest of this post was deleted due to crude comments made by J.R... about measuring male anatomy parts...
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:20 PM   #107
JoeyB
 
JoeyB's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by rberns View Post
I've been following this post for a bit. Sorry to the guys that got screwed, but I am just not understanding how one customer who got free air is able to get so much detailed information about another customer from Granatelli unless they are his close buddies defending the business or if it is the owner under this alias name. Good luck to the C5 guys on here with the unfortunate circumstances.
Exactly !
__________________
60'- 1.699 1/4- 11.086 @ 126.28
JoeyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 04:57 PM   #108
slowfofo
 
Drives: slow
Join Date: May 2013
Location: thousand oaks
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by rberns View Post
I've been following this post for a bit. Sorry to the guys that got screwed, but I am just not understanding how one customer who got free air is able to get so much detailed information about another customer from Granatelli unless they are his close buddies defending the business or if it is the owner under this alias name. Good luck to the C5 guys on here with the unfortunate circumstances.
As I explained I went to GMS and asked all the questions. You ask why I am defending this guy. I told you that as well. I started asking questions and then more people came to say they had a good experience. Also add Sweasey as another happy customer. The problem with most forums is its 80% about the complaint and false accusations than it is about the truth. You talk about a rolodex but discount that all these guys are willing to come here and speak up.

That is why I can address what I do. I told you guys I would ask and I did. The fact that J.R. himself addressed all this stuff in detail again to me speaks to what his company is all about. I paid $425 for the rotors and I got no free meals. And If I understand you correctly, SSE 4 2SS, you would have rather paid $3600 for the turbos and then paid another $1200 for the repairs? That does not make sense IMO.

If you wanted your broken turbos back you could have just taken them right there after the show. - right? All the talk about taking credit for the kit no longer makes a difference because he did by your own words try to help you at the show.

You also said in the above post that you called JR not George because you only had JR's number. So even though you purchased the kit from George at Turbo Tech - you did not have his number? Only JR. Again looks like JR was servicing you regardless of where you purchased the kit.

It is not about taking credit for the kit it is about service and you complaint with Granatelli does not stem from his service it’s because you claim he over charged you. He says the end result was you paid $1200 in total for ball bearing upgrades and got $2000 back on a $3200 purchase. Again if he is lying then call him out. But you owe it to us to show it otherwise it’s a false claim. again just IMO. I understand you have tons of posts and your are a mod here so that speaks to some extent but still I read your words and understand your point but it still looks like he did what he could.
slowfofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 05:04 PM   #109
slowfofo
 
Drives: slow
Join Date: May 2013
Location: thousand oaks
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowfofo

SSE 4 2SS - your not even a GMS customer other than purchasing the ball bearing turbo upgrades for what is really only $1200. Which buy the way means he got you a full warranty of $1000 each for your broken turbos. Seems like he did his job - No?
One further comment relative who TTI/GMS is...

This is from the horses mouth himself in another post..

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck1974
I made one last phone call to you guys before making my decision. I actually called TTI who makes your kit. Within an hour, a high pressure salesman from your company called me. He told me he used to work at Hellion and that they make a junior kit compared to everyone else and it is total crap. He then told me that everything IPS has ever done on a car involving turbos was made by you. Every vette setup, etc. He told me that if I went with IPS, I would be going with a company that has proven nothing.

I hung up and sent IPS a cashiers check for the full amount of the kit. I am happy to wait a bit for it. They did not say one bad thing about you.
Quote:
originally posted by granatelli:
Thanks and sorry you had a bad experience. You will note that everyone else the dead opposite - We do not sell our kit based on the others mistakes and we don't need to talk down other kits - If anyone here does that I will fix that immediately - I only have 1 guy that remotely fits your description. He "claims" you said you were not impressed with Hellion or IPS but they had lower prices and you said IPS was $1000 cheaper than Granatelli so you would just fix the parts on their kit you did not like since you were a welder.

Granatelli and TTi are the same. Saying you spoke direct to the guy that make our kits serves no real purpose. We are one in the same like I said.

Again sorry for any mix up. The point make staff member was making is simple...With out system there is no need to "fix" or "change" anything. It is all complete and ready to rock - right out of the box."
The rest of this post was deleted due to crude comments made by J.R... about measuring male anatomy parts...

SO AGAIN YOU ARE PROVING THE POINT GRANATELLI IN FACT TOOK CARE OF YOU EVEN THOUGH YOU PURCHASED THE KIT FROM TURBO TECH. SAYING THEY ARE ONE IN THE SAME GOES BACK TO MY EXAMPLE ABOUT THE VORTECH. IF YOU BUY A VORTECH BLOWER FROM DEALER "A" WHY SHOULD DEALER "B" PAY FOR A FAILURE? GRANATELLI GAVE YOU A FULL REFUND FOR THE JOURNAL TURBOS AND ONLY CHARGED YOU FOR THE BALL BEARING UPGRADE.
slowfofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:31 PM   #110
slowfofo
 
Drives: slow
Join Date: May 2013
Location: thousand oaks
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post

Feel free to step out.. since if I find out this is J.R. posting under some other members name, I'll ban you from the site....
This is Jimmy Day not J.R. - That's a fact. Clearly we share the same passion for the industry. The fact that I am sticking up for J.R. as did GMG69, Texas-, Tom D & Sweasy does not make us all bad. I hope to meet up with GMG69 this weekend at Super Chevy. I want to see his turbo'd car. Then I will decide on what forced induction I purchase. My other choice is Whipple.
slowfofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:46 PM   #111
JoeyB
 
JoeyB's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 217
I'll say again.
Everyone reading this post can decide for themselves to take advice from some joker who just yesterday spent $425. on parts and has ZERO experience with GMS.
Or from someone like me who spent over $30,000. on upgrades and has had nothing but problems with GMS and now has $100,000. lawn ornament since my
"street legal drag car" can't drive down the street let alone run a 1/4mile.
And the "guys" that are sticking up for JR because he called them and asked them to do so, also have had issues with his shady dealings. I posted what Tom D said via PM to me on this thread and also got another PM from someone else that is on JR's side that also said in a PM to me that he had to keep on JR to do the job correctly and if we met he's sure we could exchange some interesting JR stories. Hmmm, looks like even the guys that JR enlisted to post on here have all had issues with him standing behind his work on his own.
So slowmo you can keep posting your BS on here but I'm pretty sure nobody is buying the crap you are selling.
__________________
60'- 1.699 1/4- 11.086 @ 126.28
JoeyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:03 PM   #112
mikeyg36
The GT Troll Hundred
 
mikeyg36's Avatar
 
Drives: Cammed 2012 AGM 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 8,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowfofo View Post
This is Jimmy Day not J.R. - That's a fact. Clearly we share the same passion for the industry. The fact that I am sticking up for J.R. as did GMG69, Texas-, Tom D & Sweasy does not make us all bad. I hope to meet up with GMG69 this weekend at Super Chevy. I want to see his turbo'd car. Then I will decide on what forced induction I purchase. My other choice is Whipple.
Jimmy Day is a great fake name. Steve Jones is a good one as well; you should probably try that when you go troll on other forums that you've been banned from.
__________________
Click For Build Thread ***CAI Intake, ARH LTs, FSP Big NA Cam, Tuned By Matt@FSP***
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:39 PM   #113
slowfofo
 
Drives: slow
Join Date: May 2013
Location: thousand oaks
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
Jimmy Day is a great fake name. Steve Jones is a good one as well; you should probably try that when you go troll on other forums that you've been banned from.
Would James be better? I surrender. I guess I will see at least one of you Tuesday if I am back from Super Chevy. Took next week off from work.
slowfofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:40 PM   #114
mikeyg36
The GT Troll Hundred
 
mikeyg36's Avatar
 
Drives: Cammed 2012 AGM 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 8,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowfofo View Post
Would James be better? I surrender. I guess I will see at least one of you Tuesday if I am back from Super Chevy. Took next week off from work.
No, J.R. would be better
Going to go scam more guys at Super Chevy?
__________________
Click For Build Thread ***CAI Intake, ARH LTs, FSP Big NA Cam, Tuned By Matt@FSP***
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:58 PM   #115
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,304
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowfofo View Post
This is Jimmy Day not J.R. - That's a fact. Clearly we share the same passion for the industry. The fact that I am sticking up for J.R. as did GMG69, Texas-, Tom D & Sweasy does not make us all bad. I hope to meet up with GMG69 this weekend at Super Chevy. I want to see his turbo'd car. Then I will decide on what forced induction I purchase. My other choice is Whipple.
Ok J.R.

Great business man sharing financial information with random customers off the street..

If, and that's a huge IF, this is "Jimmy Day," which I seriously doubt... why would a business man share information about other customers with you...

I could maybe understand if you were a long time trusted customer but someone that had received free air... When you jumped in on this, you hadn't bought your "brake rotors" yet... and yet, J.R. shares all this information with you... an unknown person off the street...

The arguments and typing style so match J.R. when he gets involved in defending his inferior products on other forums as well... Though I gotta give you credit for improving some of the spelling skills.
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:50 PM   #116
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 12,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Ok J.R.

Great business man sharing financial information with random customers off the street..

If, and that's a huge IF, this is "Jimmy Day," which I seriously doubt... why would a business man share information about other customers with you...

I could maybe understand if you were a long time trusted customer but someone that had received free air... When you jumped in on this, you hadn't bought your "brake rotors" yet... and yet, J.R. shares all this information with you... an unknown person off the street...

The arguments and typing style so match J.R. when he gets involved in defending his inferior products on other forums as well... Though I gotta give you credit for improving some of the spelling skills.
This clown types and speaks way better than evilcamaro. Did you get him hooked on Phonics?
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:21 PM   #117
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,304
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
This clown types and speaks way better than evilcamaro. Did you get him hooked on Phonics?
I believe the two of them are sitting J.R.'s office and the new guy is actually typing....

I just don't understand how an unknowing guy that got free air has so much confidence that he is going out this far on a limb, for a banned sponsor (banned on multiple forums)

I need to stop feeding the troll...but the more times he defends this tool, the closer to the top of the page the Granatelli is a crook gets on the internet...
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:24 PM   #118
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 12,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
I believe the two of them are sitting J.R.'s office and the new guy is actually typing....

I just don't understand how an unknowing guy that got free air has so much confidence that he is going out this far on a limb, for a banned sponsor (banned on multiple forums)

I need to stop feeding the troll...
If you have never gotten free air you'll never understand the doors it opens into a companies fiscal information. It's all about free air.

Thanks, thanks a lot. Now I have to go to sleep with thoughts of slowfofo sitting on JR's lap, in his office, trying to put together coherent posts!!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 12:26 AM   #119
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,304
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
If you have never gotten free air you'll never understand the doors it opens into a companies fiscal information. It's all about free air.

Thanks, thanks a lot. Now I have to go to sleep with thoughts of slowfofo sitting on JR's lap, in his office, trying to put together coherent posts!!
ewwww........ lmao...
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 05:34 AM   #120
mikeyg36
The GT Troll Hundred
 
mikeyg36's Avatar
 
Drives: Cammed 2012 AGM 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 8,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
If you have never gotten free air you'll never understand the doors it opens into a companies fiscal information. It's all about free air.

Thanks, thanks a lot. Now I have to go to sleep with thoughts of slowfofo sitting on JR's lap, in his office, trying to put together coherent posts!!
__________________
Click For Build Thread ***CAI Intake, ARH LTs, FSP Big NA Cam, Tuned By Matt@FSP***
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:10 PM   #121
JoeyB
 
JoeyB's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 217
Here's the latest from our friend JR , what a joke ! Via the BBB

MESSAGE FROM BUSINESS:


Sadly we have had to apply for a restraining order. Mr. Basile continues to call and harass us as well as stalk us on the web all the while threatening physical bodily harm to us and our customers. Again, Mr. Basile asked Granatelli to repair his already broken engine when he first came to us June of 2012. It is disingenuous to claim Granatelli Motor Sports should have been able for foresee future problems he “may have experienced”. Furthermore this RACE engine work was performed June 2012, 12 months ago. Granatelli extended the olive branch to Mr. Basile by offering to inspect his vehicle for free. He asked what it would cost to fix and we told him without a visual inspections there was no way to properly ascertain an accurate repair cost. It was Mr. Basile’s speculation that it could be as much as $5000 not Granatelli’s

Can you say Complusive Liar ?!?
#1- my motor was running just fine when I took it to GMS to make it faster.
#2 - restaining order...lol JR whens the last time YOU or your staff has had contact with me ??
#3 - offered to inspect for free ? told me to sue him via email
#4 - I came up with the $5,000 figure ??? Please! Exactly what JR told me otherwise would I be so upset ?? Maybe it couldve cost $20 bucks.
#5 - WHOSE STALKING WHO JR ? or should I say slowmo ??

anyways I have emails to prove everything I have said regarding this POS.
Like the title says "STAY AWAY FROM GMS"
__________________
60'- 1.699 1/4- 11.086 @ 126.28
JoeyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:22 PM   #122
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,304
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Sounds to me like it's time to take him up on his word and lawyer up...

What a tool...
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:29 PM   #123
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 5,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyB View Post
Here's the latest from our friend JR , what a joke ! Via the BBB

MESSAGE FROM BUSINESS:


Sadly we have had to apply for a restraining order. Mr. Basile continues to call and harass us as well as stalk us on the web all the while threatening physical bodily harm to us and our customers. Again, Mr. Basile asked Granatelli to repair his already broken engine when he first came to us June of 2012. It is disingenuous to claim Granatelli Motor Sports should have been able for foresee future problems he “may have experienced”. Furthermore this RACE engine work was performed June 2012, 12 months ago. Granatelli extended the olive branch to Mr. Basile by offering to inspect his vehicle for free. He asked what it would cost to fix and we told him without a visual inspections there was no way to properly ascertain an accurate repair cost. It was Mr. Basile’s speculation that it could be as much as $5000 not Granatelli’s
BBB works great when a company cares about their rating. When they don't, then you get responses like this and the BBB can't do much.
__________________
EFR Twin Turbo LFX-GPI Tune-ZL1 fuel pump-10:1 CR forged pistons-3.45 gear-Meth Injection-BMR Trailing Arms, Bushings & Sway Bars-CircleD 4000 Stall-GPI Fuel Enrichment System
647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ @18.5 psi on 93 Octane (locked converter)
1/8 mile -- 7.158 @ 102.10 (20psi); old build
Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:29 PM   #124
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,700
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Sounds to me like it's time to take him up on his word and lawyer up...

What a tool...
I'd definitely lawyer up at this point. That or just go onto yelp, yahoo, etc. and write a shit-ton of negative reviews. Worked with the body shop that screwed me over.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:02 PM   #125
JLE58

 
Drives: CGM,twin turbo, cam 2010 SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ROCKMART, GA
Posts: 2,191
Sounds alot like chris@Hunters Performance. I went through the same bull**** just lies over lies and then when you call them out on it that make up complete bs when they are to cowardly to talk face to face. People like this will never change they will lie to the end. It will always be someone else fault. Just lawyer up and be done with it.
JLE58 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
gms crooks, granatelli sucks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.