Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

autoguy
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old 06-27-2009, 01:42 AM   #1
Jericho
Come see me.

Drives: Chevrolet Line-up
Send a message via Yahoo to Jericho
A boy and his Camaro (comments welcome!)

03 Apr 2009 - Found Dealer in So Cali. I have family out there so not bad for me.

27 Apr 2009 - Made Workbench order deposit on V6 2LT, black on black, manuel, ground effects, and still holding out for the Hurst Shifter. (My baby)

23 May 2009 - Verified with insurance company how much insurance will go up. 100bucks

04 Jun 2009 - Found Credit Union Discount deal on GM's website. Applied for it and was granted and authroization number good till 04Dec09.

12 Jun 2009 - Put my rims on order from Dayton Wire Wheel.

16 Jun 2009 - Found tires to go on rims and ordered a set.

16 Jun 2009 - Searching for shop to modify hood.
Attached Images

Jericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 01:45 AM   #2
Jericho
Come see me.

Hood

19 Jun 2009 - Talked to the guy's over at Spektor Werks and there working on a Heat extractor hood. Probably be similar to the Baldwin Motion hood but I will see if they can slightly modify that for me.
Old 06-27-2009, 01:46 AM   #3
Rockytophummer

Drives: 2006 Hummer H2 2010 2SS Camaro
Nice ride and congrats.This car will officially make you a man or at least a ladys man!
Rockytophummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 04:05 AM   #4
Jericho
Come see me.

Well, I'm already a man. But, I deffinately wouldn't mind being a ladies man (again). Used to have an '87 Berlinetta, light duki brown with gold micro flakes, auto, and t-tops. Didn't have it fixed up or anything. Just straight factory and clean. Pulled so much wiht that car.
Old 06-27-2009, 04:52 AM   #5
Jericho
Come see me.

Daytons

This is the Dayton Wheel I selected. The guy's over at Dayton Wire Wheel are great too. Gary Buckles has been a big help in selecting my rim, size and finish. You can also request custome paint with your rims. I've ordered Black spokes, center hub and rim with gold spear tips and nipples(Those hold the spokes to the rim). You can even get larger sizes, I've ordered 20's to allow for good lefts and rights under high Speed. These are gonna to be fly.
Attached Images

Old 06-27-2009, 05:57 AM   #6
Jericho
Come see me.

Grill me

I'm really feeling that T-rex billet grill (the Phantom) and I can get it in black. But, still on the fence as to when I'll get this. Maybe sooner if I can get that bow tie removed and have a defferent one placed on there instead. Probably have to do this myself. An that might be bad.
Attached Images

Old 06-27-2009, 06:23 AM   #7
Jericho
Come see me.

Shoes

I have to say that finding these tires in the sizes I needed felt like winning a race or and award. I didn't really do anything special but it just made me happy to know that I could get these awsome shoes for my ride in the correct sizing.
Besides the fact that they offer extremely excellent wet and dry handeling performance. Which you can check easily enough without knowing a lot about tires on Nitto's website. It's in a graphic format. Would you believe I'm also a Engineering student. I understand more and more now how people just don't get what you do but make what they do look like magic. An have them look at you pretty much the same way.
Crap!!!! I'm growing up.

Anyway, here's a 3/4 pic of the tires. I also really like the tread pattern.
Attached Images

Old 06-29-2009, 01:36 PM   #8
Jericho
Come see me.

Just heard from Brian at Defender Worx and he has told me that I can get the Phantom Grill and gas cap in Galaxy Black or Black Chrome. Sweet. Now to coordinate with Dayton to see if I can get a match.
Vin#30271
Old 06-29-2009, 01:37 PM   #9
Jericho
Come see me.

Also, found something called a magic touch sensor to lock and unlock my doors after haveing the handles shaved off. Looking more into this.
Vin#30271
Old 07-02-2009, 05:07 AM   #10
Jericho
Come see me.

Jun 25th

Talked to Brian from DefenderWorx and Gary over at Dayton Wire. Galaxy Black it shall be for Wheels, Grill, Bowties and Gas Cap. Still ordering the Door sills in Powder Coat Black. Now all I have to do is get Brian's attention again as push my order through. The Dealer say's they will hold all items for me till I get back, have also asked how much they will charge to install for me and put originals in box in trunk.. Never leave the originals behind.
Vin#30271
Old 07-02-2009, 05:22 AM   #11
Jericho
Come see me.

Jun 28th

Shot the guy's over at Spector Werkes a message again to find out what progress has been made. There still working out the particulars on the hood and haven't made it to clay modeling yet. But, it looks good I guess. No pics as of yet but this pic of the Baldwin Motion car should give an idea.
Attached Images

Vin#30271
Old 07-02-2009, 05:28 AM   #12
Jericho
Come see me.

Some day's I sit here in my sandbox with the opressive heat that's like a convectional oven with sand and dust thrown around inside. Sometimes I think I look at this forum way to much (everyday), dreaming about the car I am ordering and looking at everyone else's. Is it sad that my kids and here are my only links to reality in the real world? I don't know.

PS - I totally suck at Photoshop, even after going through a tutorial or two. Can I get a hook up with someone and have them edit my signature with the Phantom grill please?
Vin#30271
Old 07-02-2009, 05:34 AM   #13
Jericho
Come see me.

Jun 30th

Found out that Nitto doesn't make the tires I want in 22's, small delima about changing the sizes. While Dayton can support this change it is however now applicable to what I want overall. So, 8x20 and 10x20 it is and shall stay with Nittos. Now to pay these guy's for there hard work.
Why is spending money, no matter how much you want something or need something, so painful at times? On the up side I am getting what I want, in good quality from some guy's many trust thanks to everyone here for all inputs positive and negative. I am happy with my decision. I talk to much.
Vin#30271
Old 07-02-2009, 05:37 AM   #14
Jericho
Come see me.

I need a vacation
Vin#30271
Old 07-02-2009, 06:53 AM   #15
Jericho
Come see me.

Jul 02nd

Shot my dealer a message today to find out where I am in the ordering process and so forth. Asked about the Hurst shifter again but not really worring about it. Requested the badging delete except bowties and there all good with doing that, said they'd even hold some of my parts for me there with the car till I get back.

This quote is what hooked me here:
"Thomas
2lt- with the rs 28780 + t/l & doc fees
2ss-36380 +t/l & doc fees

and the deposit is $500 and we take your order as you want it not how we build it."

Lori Rios (loririos@qualitychevy.com)
Quality Chevrolet
Escondido, Ca.
http://www.qualitychevy.com/
Tell her Thomas from Iraq sent you. Wont say you'll get a better deal and no I won't get a discount. But, she'd appreciate it.

She's good peoples. An my order form didn't came out around MSRP, haven't put down payment yet or discount but happy.

Also, shot a message putting my tire and wheel guy's together to figure out the particulars. Waiting on that too.

Discovered that I need to sell my Ford Explorer E.B. ed. Not sad as it was the Wifey's but not happy with all I've heard about he economy either. This should be fun. Maybe I should find an Explorer forum.
Vin#30271
Old 07-02-2009, 07:35 AM   #16
Jericho
Come see me.

This is a friend (Shibby426)'s '69 Camaro SS from Cardomain and she has allowed me the use of a pic of her car to help explain what I really want from the people over at Spector Werkes.
Attached Images

Vin#30271
Old 07-02-2009, 01:14 PM   #17
Jericho
Come see me.

Jul 02nd

Defender Werxes has Tim getting with my my saleswoman Lori for shipping and then back with me later for payment. An invited Lori to check out this journel and our site. Cool. More to follow.
Vin#30271
Old 07-06-2009, 10:18 AM   #18
Jericho
Come see me.

Jul 06th

Well, heard back from Dealer about status of Camaro. Unfortunately all I got were the dredded red x's and then it was also holiday weekend. By the way, I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday.
But, on the other hand also I have not heard back about the fabled Defender and Dealer hook up for confirmation of delivery (not that I really needed to know) but, you know. Attempting to contact Brian again.

So, I can get a quote and pass on a big

Peace bit****..... Well, you know the rest.
Vin#30271
Old 07-06-2009, 11:09 AM   #19
efpardo
Deep6

Drives: 2010 Camaro# 8212 | 2LT | RS | CGM
Send a message via Skype™ to efpardo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
I have to say that finding these tires in the sizes I needed felt like winning a race or and award. I didn't really do anything special but it just made me happy to know that I could get these awsome shoes for my ride in the correct sizing.
Besides the fact that they offer extremely excellent wet and dry handeling performance. Which you can check easily enough without knowing a lot about tires on Nitto's website. It's in a graphic format. Would you believe I'm also a Engineering student. I understand more and more now how people just don't get what you do but make what they do look like magic. An have them look at you pretty much the same way.
Crap!!!! I'm growing up.

Anyway, here's a 3/4 pic of the tires. I also really like the tread pattern.
What tire brand is this - Any specs?

#8212 | 2LT | RS | CGM | Litho #165 |

My Journal: Erick’s Mistress
efpardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 06:40 AM   #20
Jericho
Come see me.

Specs

Yes actually I do have specs. These are the tires here, I could get more exact but I'd have to dig through about two months of emails back and forth with the shop I'm getting them from. A Tire Discount in Dayton, OH. Down the street from Dayton Wire Wheel. I started with 18x8's and 20.9.5 but moved to 20x8's and 20x10's in the end.

Nitto's
front-245/45R20 99W (Nitto model & stock number: INVO / 203-140)
rear-275/40R20 106W (Nitto model & stock number: INVO / 203-180)

The Invo's are considered a Luxery Sport High Performance an they have execellent wet/dry performance as well as good road noise levels. There line up is here: www.nittotire.com
You can also find a dealer near you through this site too. The website say they only have ZR's but the dealer told me they have R's as well in my size. You may find a bit off because we didn't dicker over the exact sizing as I already have wheels selected and they really need to fit that so I put them with a Gary over at Dayton Wire Wheel and there getting the final particulars straightened out. Usually the best choice.

An you just reminded me to shoot them another message too. Thanks. Hope this was helpful.
Vin#30271
Old 07-08-2009, 06:58 AM   #21
Jericho
Come see me.

07th Jul

I'm spilling the beans because I got a real deal and these guy's deserve more customers reguardless.
Talked to Timmy from Addicted Auto Accessories and confirmed the Defender Werxes parts for paint and delivery. This guy was very helpful and patient, because all my dealings are through the WWW only at the moment, an I had to modify my order some too. It would seem that the Grill I wanted done in Galaxy Black can only be done in Chrome and Black Powder Coat. So, I've ordered:

Grill - Phantom (upper&lower) in Black Powder Coat
Sills - Door Sills in Black Powder Coat
G Cap - The Cap is now Black Powder Coat
Bowties - These are still coming in Galaxy Black for a slight difference in depth and texture.

They broke me off all this for real close to $1000 with shipping and handeling. An the Half grill would have been around $850 with S/H. This is also with 10% off across the board. So some will be that much off roughly. Now I think I should have asked about flat black for the gas cap. If anyone does this I'd love to see pics.
Vin#30271
Old 07-08-2009, 07:25 AM   #22
LS3 Machine

Drives: 2009 Z06, 2011 1SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
Discovered that I need to sell my Ford Explorer E.B. ed. Not sad as it was the Wifey's but not happy with all I've heard about he economy either. This should be fun. Maybe I should find an Explorer forum.
Is the explorer a V8 with 4WD? Is it old and worn out? If so, you might be eligible for one of the Cash for clunker Obama rebates if you trade it in. Check out ALL the rules on:

http://www.cars.gov/index.php/faq

and: http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/sbs.htm

You might be lucky if the Explorer qualifies. Just remember if you do, it id the government giving you the rebate, not the dealer, and Im sure dealers will try and act like they are giving this rebate out. I normally do not reccoment trading in, but 3500-4500 dollar rebate is pretty decent, and if your vehicle qualifies, it may be worth it. Just be carefull and read all the fine print... you are dealing with the Gub-Ment!
LS3 Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:27 AM   #23
Jericho
Come see me.

Explorer

Thanks LS3, but no. It's actually in real good shape minus the Wifes very recent collision which she say's only busted the tail light. I'll see when I get home. It's a 2007 Eddie B. with V6 and two-tone paint job. An it's also a 2WD with manual third row seating. An I just want to get rid of it. If I can get that rebait that'd rock but not planning on it or looking for it. Now if they give me cash for this thing I'll take it, as long as it covers what I owe.
Vin#30271
Old 07-09-2009, 07:44 AM   #24
Jericho
Come see me.

09th Jul

Latest update and change to the original plans. The wheels are still being made by Dayton Wire, but have now adjusted again to have them be Galaxy Black and Chrome. Same look, spear tips and nipples. Signing the order form today and getting that project off the ground. We'll see how this turns out for real.
Vin#30271
Old 07-09-2009, 08:10 AM   #25
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Be Careful, and Thanks for your service