Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
PFYC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences Share review & feedback on vendors and sellers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2013, 11:11 AM   #1
The Stig



 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: out of the ashes
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 26,649
Thumbs up Tim at T&T Performance

Tim was nice enough to open his shop up for me Saturday morning and install my Racing Brake rotors, Hawk HPS brake pads, and a set of Goodridge stainless steel brake lines. Due to my work schedule I'm not really able to make it up to Fredrick during the week, so it was a huge help for me when Tim said he could come in on Saturday and install these parts for me.





Tim did an amazing job with the install, and was totally cool with me hanging around during the install. Even got to play some video games with his son.

Honestly though - the best part was getting to see Tim's COPO camaro, he picked it up the night before, didn't even get it off of the trailer yet.










Needless to say, I'll be going back to T&T Performance - even though they're about an hour or so's drive from me, it's worth it in my opinion.


For anyone in the DMV area - Tim is hosting a dyno day in a couple of weeks, high recommend coming.


Oh, totally forgot to mention - the N/A 427 COPO, ****ing awesome does not even begin to describe it.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:47 PM   #2
dorfmac
SB XLVII CHAMPS
 
dorfmac's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 1,639
I assume other thread deleted?

And I can second the fact that he's worth the trip - between hour and 15 to hour and a half every trip out there for me. Lots of places closer, but would rather inconvenience myself for Tim's charm and humor and good looks.
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:58 PM   #3
The Stig



 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: out of the ashes
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 26,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorfmac View Post
I assume other thread deleted?

And I can second the fact that he's worth the trip - between hour and 15 to hour and a half every trip out there for me. Lots of places closer, but would rather inconvenience myself for Tim's charm and humor and good looks.
Per the OP's request I was told yes.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:08 PM   #4
mikeyg36
The GT Troll Hundred
 
mikeyg36's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 7,771
Hmm I'll have to check that place out!
__________________
Click For Build Thread ***CAI Intake, ARH LTs, Tuned By Matt@FSP***
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:10 PM   #5
GunnyG
Da WHALE
 
GunnyG's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2012 Panamera
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Oceanside, Ca - Originally from KCMO
Posts: 8,763
Be careful...his rep may be affected with a thread like this.
__________________
GunnyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:46 AM   #6
90503


 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Torrance
Posts: 10,075
Those racingbrakes look pretty sweet SPCBA put up a thread in the suspensions/brakes/chassis forum about his...apparently they do an awesome job...
...might go that route one of these days, depending on how the stockers hold up at the big Fontana track....lol
90503 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:16 AM   #7
c_LoW29


 
c_LoW29's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
Join Date: May 2010
Location: DMV
Posts: 2,342
In before the thread lock !!!!!
__________________

DMVC5
c_LoW29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:34 AM   #8
mikeyg36
The GT Troll Hundred
 
mikeyg36's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 7,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_LoW29 View Post
In before the thread lock !!!!!
dafuq? A mod made it...
__________________
Click For Build Thread ***CAI Intake, ARH LTs, Tuned By Matt@FSP***
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:36 AM   #9
c_LoW29


 
c_LoW29's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
Join Date: May 2010
Location: DMV
Posts: 2,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
dafuq? A mod made it...

Was being sarcastic!
__________________

DMVC5
c_LoW29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:44 AM   #10
family man

 
Drives: .
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: .
Posts: 1,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_LoW29 View Post
Was being sarcastic!
I thought I missed something.
family man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:05 PM   #11
The Stig



 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: out of the ashes
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 26,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Those racingbrakes look pretty sweet SPCBA put up a thread in the suspensions/brakes/chassis forum about his...apparently they do an awesome job...
...might go that route one of these days, depending on how the stockers hold up at the big Fontana track....lol
Yep, I decided to go with them after talking to Doc about them. They are literally the lightest 2-piece rotor on the market - each is 6 pounds lighter than the stock rotors.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:19 PM   #12
c_LoW29


 
c_LoW29's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
Join Date: May 2010
Location: DMV
Posts: 2,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
Yep, I decided to go with them after talking to Doc about them. They are literally the lightest 2-piece rotor on the market - each is 6 pounds lighter than the stock rotors.
I wonder if that is the only advantage those things are like $900 from them directly for just the front alone. What other benefits do they have?
__________________

DMVC5
c_LoW29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:27 PM   #13
The Stig



 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: out of the ashes
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 26,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_LoW29 View Post
I wonder if that is the only advantage those things are like $900 from them directly for just the front alone. What other benefits do they have?
http://www.racingbrake.com/v/main/fe...splay=twopiece

This is a pretty good table that compares the RB rotors to other aftermarket rotors.

Basically though, RB rotors are lighter, stronger, better at dissipating heat, cheaper to replace as the rotor hat is reusable, stronger material, etc.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:33 PM   #14
c_LoW29


 
c_LoW29's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
Join Date: May 2010
Location: DMV
Posts: 2,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
http://www.racingbrake.com/v/main/fe...splay=twopiece

This is a pretty good table that compares the RB rotors to other aftermarket rotors.

Basically though, RB rotors are lighter, stronger, better at dissipating heat, cheaper to replace as the rotor hat is reusable, stronger material, etc.

So say you need to change your pads and what not, the process is usually new rotors or turn/shave them. Is this the same case where after a certain amount of shaving you would basically need to spend another 900 to replace.
__________________

DMVC5
c_LoW29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:39 PM   #15
The Stig



 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: out of the ashes
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 26,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_LoW29 View Post
So say you need to change your pads and what not, the process is usually new rotors or turn/shave them. Is this the same case where after a certain amount of shaving you would basically need to spend another 900 to replace.
No, the hat is reusable, you just need to replace the rotor ring. Which I think is like $300 a pair.

But because they're unidirectional you can get more out of them than normal directional rotors.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:50 PM   #16
c_LoW29


 
c_LoW29's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
Join Date: May 2010
Location: DMV
Posts: 2,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
No, the hat is reusable, you just need to replace the rotor ring. Which I think is like $300 a pair.

But because they're unidirectional you can get more out of them than normal directional rotors.
I see, now looking at the pictures closer on there site i see when replacement needed you would just have to unbolt the ring and slap in the new one. Thats a pretty damn good idea and looks a lot easier than taking off the whole rotor.
__________________

DMVC5
c_LoW29 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.