Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2013, 05:44 PM   #188
ec1990

 
Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Lately they act like they're doing me a service to respond to an inquiry. With the amount of money I spend there, not to mention the amount of people I've driven there with links in my reviews, they could at least feign some customer service.

The last three orders I've placed they've emailed me and told me something was out of stock or discontinued, when it said in stock on the site. They wouldn't price match Autogeeks sale this last time, and now this. That's just recently.
I hate that the most, that Autogeek and Autopia don't match they need to just go ahead and stock the same products. It makes no difference it's all PBMG. The shipping for small orders is what really keeps me from going to them unless it's a big order or sale going on.
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 05:57 PM   #189
CamaroDreams07


 
CamaroDreams07's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow V6
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: East Lansing, MI
Posts: 9,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by ec1990 View Post
I hate that the most, that Autogeek and Autopia don't match they need to just go ahead and stock the same products. It makes no difference it's all PBMG. The shipping for small orders is what really keeps me from going to them unless it's a big order or sale going on.
Yup. It's ultra annoying that they're the same company but play games when it comes to matching or offering products. I don't get the point.

I used to be able to go through Todd on here but him and Angelo left.
__________________
[B]
CamaroDreams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:46 PM   #190
charlietuna

 
charlietuna's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Golf all weekend.

Btw. looks like somebody was drunk at Autopia this week:

Attachment 514411

Kind of tired of their crap at this point to be honest. Too many mistakes and customer service is pretty horrible lately. I have a call in about this latest screw up, so we'll see what they say.

sucks...... did you open the box to see what ruptured?
__________________
Laus Deo
charlietuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:02 PM   #191
Glen e


 
Glen e's Avatar
 
Drives: Garnet 2LT RS, PCX 150
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Retired/Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 3,198
Been ordering from autopia for a couple years no real problems yet, just down the road in ft laud.........but shipping is really high, IMO

Duragloss website is cheaper shipping, love their stuff....
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:34 PM   #192
LIM3
it's mind bottling..
 
LIM3's Avatar
 
Drives: SGM
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: miami floirda.
Posts: 5,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Been ordering from autopia for a couple years no real problems yet, just down the road in ft laud.........but shipping is really high, IMO

Duragloss website is cheaper shipping, love their stuff....
Florida native !
Are you new to the CAMARO forum ?
__________________
LIM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:34 PM   #193
CamaroDreams07


 
CamaroDreams07's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow V6
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: East Lansing, MI
Posts: 9,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlietuna View Post
sucks...... did you open the box to see what ruptured?
Yep they didn't screw the top on the ultima interior guard. Can't blame that on FedEx. Was only on a couple threads.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
__________________
[B]
CamaroDreams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:31 AM   #194
ChadG

 
ChadG's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 1,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Yup. It's ultra annoying that they're the same company but play games when it comes to matching or offering products. I don't get the point.

I used to be able to go through Todd on here but him and Angelo left.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Yep they didn't screw the top on the ultima interior guard. Can't blame that on FedEx. Was only on a couple threads.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
That sucks I was wondering why Todd never posts here anymore.
ChadG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:00 PM   #195
CamaroDreams07


 
CamaroDreams07's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow V6
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: East Lansing, MI
Posts: 9,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadG View Post
That sucks I was wondering why Todd never posts here anymore.
They probably werent seeing enough return from taking the time to post here. At least 90% of members here don't know how to spell anything but Adam's so it's hard to fault them for writing us off. Just sucks for the rest of us actual enthusiasts who could benefit from it and enjoy learning.

Let's be honest , most of the people wouldn't switch from Adams even if somebody else invented a coating that was impervious to scratches, repelled dents, washed itself, and changed color on command. Heads firmly buried in sand.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
__________________
[B]
CamaroDreams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:06 PM   #196
ec1990

 
Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
They probably werent seeing enough return from taking the time to post here. At least 90% of members here don't know how to spell anything but Adam's so it's hard to fault them for writing us off. Just sucks for the rest of us actual enthusiasts who could benefit from it and enjoy learning.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Yep, definitely true, it's sad but a good business model so I can't fault Adam's. I was less than pleased once I actually educated myself and realized there were quite a few better (not to mention cheaper) products.

Other than that anyone ever live in an extremely windy dusty environment with no garage? Got so sick of constant 20mph winds and dust fog in the air today I quit washing, by the time I washed a panel and went to dry it immediately after there was already a layer of dust making any sealant impossible and wasting half of it as it got blown in the air.
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:19 PM   #197
CamaroDreams07


 
CamaroDreams07's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow V6
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: East Lansing, MI
Posts: 9,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by ec1990 View Post
Yep, definitely true, it's sad but a good business model so I can't fault Adam's. I was less than pleased once I actually educated myself and realized there were quite a few better (not to mention cheaper) products.

Other than that anyone ever live in an extremely windy dusty environment with no garage? Got so sick of constant 20mph winds and dust fog in the air today I quit washing, by the time I washed a panel and went to dry it immediately after there was already a layer of dust making any sealant impossible and wasting half of it as it got blown in the air.
Go to a pay and spray bay. They're pretty well blocked from the wind. That's what I used to do

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
__________________
[B]
CamaroDreams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:00 PM   #198
67RS2010SS

 
67RS2010SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Maroon 67 rs and CRT 2012 ZL-1
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
They probably werent seeing enough return from taking the time to post here. At least 90% of members here don't know how to spell anything but Adam's so it's hard to fault them for writing us off. Just sucks for the rest of us actual enthusiasts who could benefit from it and enjoy learning.

Let's be honest , most of the people wouldn't switch from Adams even if somebody else invented a coating that was impervious to scratches, repelled dents, washed itself, and changed color on command. Heads firmly buried in sand.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
I guess I am a defector now. I have been using Adams for some time probably about 2004, well I got my optimum polish , micro fiber pads, chemical guys black light and black fire sealant. Holy Sh$t the polish is great and I can say I can't find a swirl on my car. The other two go on and off like a dream. I'll apply a second coat of blackfire tomorrow and cap it with Americana on Tuesday night. Pics to come but my black paint looks like you can step into it!
__________________
" No matter how tough you are when a 2 year old hands you a toy phone you answer it"
67RS2010SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:43 PM   #199
Glen e


 
Glen e's Avatar
 
Drives: Garnet 2LT RS, PCX 150
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Retired/Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 3,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIM3 View Post
Florida native !
Are you new to the CAMARO forum ?
yes - coming over from driveaccord.net - I have a few posts of my recent clean up of my new 2SS that delivered friday. I have been detailing for 5-7 years, and a following of Autopia and know Todd pretty well. I think he is helpful. If I am aligned with any brand, it's probably blackfire although my closet has vittually every brand in it...

nice place here:

my thread on my clean up with people's help here:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297657
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:02 PM   #200
ec1990

 
Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,407
So I went back out and saw some bird stuff on my car (whatever sealant I have on was awesome it barely stuck leaving an awesome streak as it dripped all the way down the fender), but I decided to try out V7 as a quick detailer almost waterless wash. HOLY CRAP this stuff is amazing, it's the first product I've tried where I seriously think I should pick up by the gallon.

On another note

I found some cheap 12oz Yorker bottles at Walmart so I picked up 6 for less than $5. So if anyone wants to trade I have M101 (16oz)/FG400 (8 oz) /Eraser (8oz) / Poorboys Spray and Rinse (12oz) I can send out. I'm looking for IronX/Crystal Seal/MF Towels (looking for 2-3 460/530/600 g/m buffing towels) or a glass sealant (GTechniq G1/Flyby30/etc...)

Also I don't know if anyone's used Sonax Glass Cleaner but it kinda sucks, leaves streaks like crazy that you have to go back and wipe off pretty aggressively. I'm almost tempted to dump the product just to keep the spray bottle, so if anyone wants that just pay shipping and I'll give you the remaining ~12ish oz.

Last edited by ec1990; 05-26-2013 at 08:26 PM.
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:37 PM   #201
rich3fan
What's this button do?
 
rich3fan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SIM 2SS/RS L99
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Wylie, Texas
Posts: 1,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
They probably werent seeing enough return from taking the time to post here. At least 90% of members here don't know how to spell anything but Adam's so it's hard to fault them for writing us off. Just sucks for the rest of us actual enthusiasts who could benefit from it and enjoy learning.

Let's be honest , most of the people wouldn't switch from Adams even if somebody else invented a coating that was impervious to scratches, repelled dents, washed itself, and changed color on command. Heads firmly buried in sand.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
I know how to spell Zaino. Z-A-I-N-O.
rich3fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:44 PM   #202
ec1990

 
Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsBroke View Post
I know how to spell Zaino. Z-A-I-N-O.


I haven't used Zaino products personally so I can't comment. But they just seem like they're stuck 10 years ago and with a very regimented system of how-to. I mean come on here's an excerpt from their site "I prefer high quality name brand 100% Cotton Towels Large White Bath Size for washing, drying and polishing. I don't like sponges natural or synthetic or any wash mitts, since they all can scratch."

But I guess they do good business, not to mention the Junkman flock that beg for borderless blondes and sell them out in no time for months.
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:45 PM   #203
LIM3
it's mind bottling..
 
LIM3's Avatar
 
Drives: SGM
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: miami floirda.
Posts: 5,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by ec1990 View Post
So I went back out and saw some bird stuff on my car (whatever sealant I have on was awesome it barely stuck leaving an awesome streak as it dripped all the way down the fender), but I decided to try out V7 as a quick detailer almost waterless wash. HOLY CRAP this stuff is amazing, it's the first product I've tried where I seriously think I should pick up by the gallon.

On another note

I found some cheap 12oz Yorker bottles at Walmart so I picked up 6 for less than $5. So if anyone wants to trade I have M101 (16oz)/FG400 (8 oz) /Eraser (8oz) / Poorboys Spray and Rinse (12oz) I can send out. I'm looking for IronX/Crystal Seal/MF Towels (looking for 2-3 460/530/600 g/m buffing towels) or a glass sealant (GTechniq C1/Flyby30/etc...)

Also I don't know if anyone's used Sonax Glass Cleaner but it kinda sucks, leaves streaks like crazy that you have to go back and wipe off pretty aggressively. I'm almost tempted to dump the product just to keep the spray bottle, so if anyone wants that just pay shipping and I'll give you the remaining ~12ish oz.
I enjoy using v7. I used it as a QD in a car show and boy my car was super glossy afterwards.
__________________
LIM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:47 PM   #204
ec1990

 
Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIM3 View Post
I enjoy using v7. I used it as a QD in a car show and boy my car was super glossy afterwards.
It's pretty awesome on glass too.
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.