Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2013, 11:19 AM   #197
CamaroDreams07


 
CamaroDreams07's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow V6
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: East Lansing, MI
Posts: 9,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by ec1990 View Post
Yep, definitely true, it's sad but a good business model so I can't fault Adam's. I was less than pleased once I actually educated myself and realized there were quite a few better (not to mention cheaper) products.

Other than that anyone ever live in an extremely windy dusty environment with no garage? Got so sick of constant 20mph winds and dust fog in the air today I quit washing, by the time I washed a panel and went to dry it immediately after there was already a layer of dust making any sealant impossible and wasting half of it as it got blown in the air.
Go to a pay and spray bay. They're pretty well blocked from the wind. That's what I used to do

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
__________________
[B]
CamaroDreams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:00 PM   #198
67RS2010SS

 
67RS2010SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Maroon 67 rs and CRT 2012 ZL-1
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,953
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
They probably werent seeing enough return from taking the time to post here. At least 90% of members here don't know how to spell anything but Adam's so it's hard to fault them for writing us off. Just sucks for the rest of us actual enthusiasts who could benefit from it and enjoy learning.

Let's be honest , most of the people wouldn't switch from Adams even if somebody else invented a coating that was impervious to scratches, repelled dents, washed itself, and changed color on command. Heads firmly buried in sand.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
I guess I am a defector now. I have been using Adams for some time probably about 2004, well I got my optimum polish , micro fiber pads, chemical guys black light and black fire sealant. Holy Sh$t the polish is great and I can say I can't find a swirl on my car. The other two go on and off like a dream. I'll apply a second coat of blackfire tomorrow and cap it with Americana on Tuesday night. Pics to come but my black paint looks like you can step into it!
__________________
" No matter how tough you are when a 2 year old hands you a toy phone you answer it"
67RS2010SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:43 PM   #199
Glen e


 
Glen e's Avatar
 
Drives: Garnet 2LT RS, PCX 150
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Retired from Car Biz/Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 4,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIM3 View Post
Florida native !
Are you new to the CAMARO forum ?
yes - coming over from driveaccord.net - I have a few posts of my recent clean up of my new 2SS that delivered friday. I have been detailing for 5-7 years, and a following of Autopia and know Todd pretty well. I think he is helpful. If I am aligned with any brand, it's probably blackfire although my closet has vittually every brand in it...

nice place here:

my thread on my clean up with people's help here:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297657
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:02 PM   #200
ec1990

 
Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,407
So I went back out and saw some bird stuff on my car (whatever sealant I have on was awesome it barely stuck leaving an awesome streak as it dripped all the way down the fender), but I decided to try out V7 as a quick detailer almost waterless wash. HOLY CRAP this stuff is amazing, it's the first product I've tried where I seriously think I should pick up by the gallon.

On another note

I found some cheap 12oz Yorker bottles at Walmart so I picked up 6 for less than $5. So if anyone wants to trade I have M101 (16oz)/FG400 (8 oz) /Eraser (8oz) / Poorboys Spray and Rinse (12oz) I can send out. I'm looking for IronX/Crystal Seal/MF Towels (looking for 2-3 460/530/600 g/m buffing towels) or a glass sealant (GTechniq G1/Flyby30/etc...)

Also I don't know if anyone's used Sonax Glass Cleaner but it kinda sucks, leaves streaks like crazy that you have to go back and wipe off pretty aggressively. I'm almost tempted to dump the product just to keep the spray bottle, so if anyone wants that just pay shipping and I'll give you the remaining ~12ish oz.

Last edited by ec1990; 05-26-2013 at 07:26 PM.
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:37 PM   #201
rich3fan
What's this button do?
 
rich3fan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SIM 2SS/RS L99
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Wylie, Texas
Posts: 1,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
They probably werent seeing enough return from taking the time to post here. At least 90% of members here don't know how to spell anything but Adam's so it's hard to fault them for writing us off. Just sucks for the rest of us actual enthusiasts who could benefit from it and enjoy learning.

Let's be honest , most of the people wouldn't switch from Adams even if somebody else invented a coating that was impervious to scratches, repelled dents, washed itself, and changed color on command. Heads firmly buried in sand.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
I know how to spell Zaino. Z-A-I-N-O.
rich3fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:44 PM   #202
ec1990

 
Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsBroke View Post
I know how to spell Zaino. Z-A-I-N-O.


I haven't used Zaino products personally so I can't comment. But they just seem like they're stuck 10 years ago and with a very regimented system of how-to. I mean come on here's an excerpt from their site "I prefer high quality name brand 100% Cotton Towels Large White Bath Size for washing, drying and polishing. I don't like sponges natural or synthetic or any wash mitts, since they all can scratch."

But I guess they do good business, not to mention the Junkman flock that beg for borderless blondes and sell them out in no time for months.
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:45 PM   #203
LIM3
it's mind bottling..
 
LIM3's Avatar
 
Drives: SGM
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: miami floirda.
Posts: 5,395
Quote:
Originally Posted by ec1990 View Post
So I went back out and saw some bird stuff on my car (whatever sealant I have on was awesome it barely stuck leaving an awesome streak as it dripped all the way down the fender), but I decided to try out V7 as a quick detailer almost waterless wash. HOLY CRAP this stuff is amazing, it's the first product I've tried where I seriously think I should pick up by the gallon.

On another note

I found some cheap 12oz Yorker bottles at Walmart so I picked up 6 for less than $5. So if anyone wants to trade I have M101 (16oz)/FG400 (8 oz) /Eraser (8oz) / Poorboys Spray and Rinse (12oz) I can send out. I'm looking for IronX/Crystal Seal/MF Towels (looking for 2-3 460/530/600 g/m buffing towels) or a glass sealant (GTechniq C1/Flyby30/etc...)

Also I don't know if anyone's used Sonax Glass Cleaner but it kinda sucks, leaves streaks like crazy that you have to go back and wipe off pretty aggressively. I'm almost tempted to dump the product just to keep the spray bottle, so if anyone wants that just pay shipping and I'll give you the remaining ~12ish oz.
I enjoy using v7. I used it as a QD in a car show and boy my car was super glossy afterwards.
__________________
LIM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:47 PM   #204
ec1990

 
Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIM3 View Post
I enjoy using v7. I used it as a QD in a car show and boy my car was super glossy afterwards.
It's pretty awesome on glass too.
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:12 PM   #205
CamaroDreams07


 
CamaroDreams07's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow V6
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: East Lansing, MI
Posts: 9,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsBroke View Post
I know how to spell Zaino. Z-A-I-N-O.
Look at you. Now if they could only learn how to properly label their products.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
__________________
[B]
CamaroDreams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:24 PM   #206
rich3fan
What's this button do?
 
rich3fan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SIM 2SS/RS L99
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Wylie, Texas
Posts: 1,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by ec1990 View Post


I haven't used Zaino products personally so I can't comment. But they just seem like they're stuck 10 years ago and with a very regimented system of how-to. I mean come on here's an excerpt from their site "I prefer high quality name brand 100% Cotton Towels Large White Bath Size for washing, drying and polishing. I don't like sponges natural or synthetic or any wash mitts, since they all can scratch."

But I guess they do good business, not to mention the Junkman flock that beg for borderless blondes and sell them out in no time for months.
Agreed. That's why I stopped using it... 10 years ago.

I had a discussion with Dylan at Adams when I was an admin on a G8 message board and he said essentially the same thing. I tried Tropicare products in the past as well, so now it's Adams turn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07
Look at you. Now if they could only learn how to properly label their products.
Yeah, and only if Autopia could screw their caps on tight.
rich3fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:29 PM   #207
CamaroDreams07


 
CamaroDreams07's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow V6
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: East Lansing, MI
Posts: 9,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsBroke View Post
Agreed. That's why I stopped using it... 10 years ago.

I had a discussion with Dylan at Adams when I was an admin on a G8 message board and he said essentially the same thing. I tried Tropicare products in the past as well, so now it's Adams turn.


Yeah, and only if Autopia could screw their caps on tight.
That would be like a dream come true.
__________________
[B]
CamaroDreams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:49 PM   #208
camaro2ssblack
 
camaro2ssblack's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS - Black on Black
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Jackson, TN
Posts: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67RS2010SS View Post
I guess I am a defector now. I have been using Adams for some time probably about 2004, well I got my optimum polish , micro fiber pads, chemical guys black light and black fire sealant. Holy Sh$t the polish is great and I can say I can't find a swirl on my car. The other two go on and off like a dream. I'll apply a second coat of blackfire tomorrow and cap it with Americana on Tuesday night. Pics to come but my black paint looks like you can step into it!
I agree, all those products are great, especially the polishes.
__________________
camaro2ssblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:05 PM   #209
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE
 
CHMSC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 4,845
What is the best leather conditioner for our cars? Or what ever the hell are seats are made out of lol
__________________
CHMSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:10 PM   #210
CamaroDreams07


 
CamaroDreams07's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow V6
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: East Lansing, MI
Posts: 9,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMSC View Post
What is the best leather conditioner for our cars? Or what ever the hell are seats are made out of lol
Doesn't really matter on this godawful urethane coated leather. You're conditioning the plastic on top, not the leather. I like Werkstat Satin Prot for all interior surfaces. Ultima Interior Guard Plus is a great one too.
__________________
[B]
CamaroDreams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.