Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Anthony @ LG Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Off-topic Discussions Discuss any off-topic subjects with other members.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2013, 08:40 AM   #651
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.
 
ihaveacamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: #198
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Posts: 4,601
aww thanks guys

Chris, I was happy to help you and it was fun to see you take your paint from swirl to swirl free!

I had a ton of fun polishing your car and getting to know you!

And yes, Rupes is king

__________________
Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:03 AM   #652
GTAHVIT
Blessed
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIM3 View Post
You learned from one of the best on this forum.
After the wealth of knowledge i got yesterday. I have No doubt
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:31 PM   #653
charlietuna

 
charlietuna's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,262
What did you guys do for fun today? I had what my kids affectionately call " pajama day "

Didn't get out of my Jammie's cooked breakfast lunch and dinner and just hung out with my three girls(wife included in the three).

Sometimes the best days are when you have nothing to do and just do that!

Hope you all enjoyed your Sunday.
__________________
Laus Deo
charlietuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:35 PM   #654
LIM3
it's mind bottling..
 
LIM3's Avatar
 
Drives: I drive the green one
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: I live where you vacation. Miami FL
Posts: 5,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlietuna View Post
What did you guys do for fun today? I had what my kids affectionately call " pajama day "

Didn't get out of my Jammie's cooked breakfast lunch and dinner and just hung out with my three girls(wife included in the three).

Sometimes the best days are when you have nothing to do and just do that!

Hope you all enjoyed your Sunday.
Well that sounds like a good family time!

I spent the day doing yard work.
(5 acres worth of yard work)
__________________
LIM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:43 PM   #655
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows
 
nUcLeArEnVoY's Avatar
 
Drives: people crazy.
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 3,334
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Washed the car. It takes long enough to make a suitable answer for your question, lol.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:52 PM   #656
charlietuna

 
charlietuna's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,262
Quote:
Originally Posted by nUcLeArEnVoY View Post
Washed the car. It takes long enough to make a suitable answer for your question, lol.
__________________
Laus Deo
charlietuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:53 PM   #657
charlietuna

 
charlietuna's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,262
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIM3 View Post
Well that sounds like a good family time!

I spent the day doing yard work.
(5 acres worth of yard work)
That's a lot of land my man!
__________________
Laus Deo
charlietuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:53 PM   #658
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.
 
ihaveacamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: #198
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Posts: 4,601
This is GTAVIT's camaro that we tag teamed yesterday, more to come later:




Process was only 3 passes with Rupes 21 using Optimum Hyper Polish on Rupes Yellow Pad
__________________
Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:07 PM   #659
charlietuna

 
charlietuna's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,262
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
This is GTAVIT's camaro that we tag teamed yesterday, more to come later:




Process was only 3 passes with Rupes 21 using Optimum Hyper Polish on Rupes Yellow Pad
If only you lived in Chicago nice work my man.
__________________
Laus Deo
charlietuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:29 PM   #660
azw131
Team LLT
 
azw131's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 WRX (Stage 2)
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Newton, MA
Posts: 525
Wash and ZAINO. I'm up to four coats of Z5 now. Hope to hit twenty five by the end of the summer
__________________


Mods: Bolt On's and Such, Some Cosmetic Stuff Too
azw131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:31 PM   #661
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.
 
ihaveacamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: #198
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Posts: 4,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlietuna View Post
If only you lived in Chicago nice work my man.
Thanks

Come down to Florida! It's too cold up there for my Floridian blood
__________________
Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:37 PM   #662
camaro2ssblack
 
camaro2ssblack's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS - Black on Black
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Jackson, TN
Posts: 729
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
This is GTAVIT's camaro that we tag teamed yesterday, more to come later:




Process was only 3 passes with Rupes 21 using Optimum Hyper Polish on Rupes Yellow Pad
Nice, love OHP!
__________________
camaro2ssblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:16 PM   #663
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.
 
ihaveacamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: #198
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Posts: 4,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro2ssblack View Post
Nice, love OHP!
__________________
Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:20 PM   #664
GTAHVIT
Blessed
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
This is GTAVIT's camaro that we tag teamed yesterday, more to come later:

Process was only 3 passes with Rupes 21 using Optimum Hyper Polish on Rupes Yellow Pad


Here's a couple more images... Not sure if these tell the whole story. But hopefully they'll give you an idea of how good the car looks up close.

When we started I thought my paint was much worse off that it really was....

Roshan thought the paint wasn't all that bad so once he figured out how much work was needed to get the paint near perfect (I think he said it was about 90% - 95% corrected) we were off and running.

I will say this... 3 passes with the Rupes = at least 5 or 6 passes, and much more pressure, with anything else. My guess is if I fall into a regular routine with keeping the car polished, I may end up with the Rupes and keep the my PC for more details work... INMVHO The Griots is certainly better than the PC. and the bigger pads on the PC do make it harder to manage on anything other than a flat surface and be consistent with the technique.

I'll take more time and do a total newb review of each machine that I used. for guys like me who are trying to make a choice as to what to start with...

I'll probably run my thoughts by Roshan before I post them, to be sure I have all the fact straight.

More to follow.
Attached Images
    
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:24 PM   #665
LIM3
it's mind bottling..
 
LIM3's Avatar
 
Drives: I drive the green one
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: I live where you vacation. Miami FL
Posts: 5,244
Very nice ^
__________________
LIM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:29 PM   #666
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.
 
ihaveacamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: #198
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Posts: 4,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post


Here's a couple more images... Not sure if these tell the whole story. But hopefully they'll give you an idea of how good the car looks up close.

When we started I thought my paint was much worse off that it really was....

Roshan thought the paint wasn't all that bad so once he figured out how much work was needed to get the paint near perfect (I think he said it was about 90% - 95% corrected) we were off and running.

I will say this... 3 passes with the Rupes = at least 5 or 6 passes, and much more pressure, with anything else. My guess is if I fall into a regular routine with keeping the car polished, I may end up with the Rupes and keep the my PC for more details work... INMVHO The Griots is certainly better than the PC. and the bigger pads on the PC do make it harder to manage on anything other than a flat surface and be consistent with the technique.

I'll take more time and do a total newb review of each machine that I used. for guys like me who are trying to make a choice as to what to start with...

I'll probably run my thoughts by Roshan before I post them, to be sure I have all the fact straight.

More to follow.

Wow, that looks awesome! It's sad that it was night when we got done, I wish I was there to see it with the sun up mid day!

You don't need to run anything by me, if you're going to do an honest review on the machines, I'd prefer myself not to edit any of your feelings out

As far as specs go or something non-subjective like that, if you post something incorrect, someone will politely correct you
__________________
Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:29 PM   #667
charlietuna

 
charlietuna's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,262
HAWKS Win !!!
__________________
Laus Deo
charlietuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:43 PM   #668
jokerkojack
 
jokerkojack's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012
Join Date: May 2012
Location: New Lenox, IL
Posts: 276
Hawks win
__________________
"Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity, all it takes is a little push."

jokerkojack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:52 AM   #669
LIM3
it's mind bottling..
 
LIM3's Avatar
 
Drives: I drive the green one
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: I live where you vacation. Miami FL
Posts: 5,244
Gonna bump this thread. Been awhile

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372578732.049659.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  226.7 KB
__________________
LIM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:49 PM   #670
charlietuna

 
charlietuna's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,262
Washed my car today. Why is it every time I get it clean. I pull it out into the sun and manage to fixate on every swirl RID and blemish. Sorry to rant I think it's time to make the plunge and buy a polisher. Hope all you guys have a safe and relaxing 4th of July.

God bless America.
__________________
Laus Deo
charlietuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:56 AM   #671
tramtwo


 
tramtwo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: N'Awlinz
Posts: 6,561
It only gets worse when you have a polisher.... trust me.
__________________
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:16 AM   #672
LIM3
it's mind bottling..
 
LIM3's Avatar
 
Drives: I drive the green one
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: I live where you vacation. Miami FL
Posts: 5,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlietuna View Post
Washed my car today. Why is it every time I get it clean. I pull it out into the sun and manage to fixate on every swirl RID and blemish. Sorry to rant I think it's time to make the plunge and buy a polisher. Hope all you guys have a safe and relaxing 4th of July.

God bless America.
You will not regret a polisher.
__________________
LIM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:19 AM   #673
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur
 
Dznts's Avatar
 
Drives: Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3-2007 Tahoe
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 25,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIM3 View Post
You will not regret a polisher.
__________________
Dznts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:45 AM   #674
LIM3
it's mind bottling..
 
LIM3's Avatar
 
Drives: I drive the green one
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: I live where you vacation. Miami FL
Posts: 5,244
So get this guys. I finally washed my car after 5 weeks if sitting out side in the rain/sun.
The top of the car was completely
stripped of my lsp.
__________________
LIM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:58 PM   #675
tramtwo


 
tramtwo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: N'Awlinz
Posts: 6,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIM3 View Post
So get this guys. I finally washed my car after 5 weeks if sitting out side in the rain/sun.
The top of the car was completely
stripped of my lsp.
Why is that a surprise?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
__________________
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.