Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hines Performance (HPE)
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons For all LFX related parts

Old 05-19-2013, 12:24 AM   #1
TJPittbull

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LS
Misfire?

Occasionally under heavy-ish acceleration, the check engine light will flash, indicating a misfire. The first time it happened, the light stayed on continuously. I called OnStar, who told me that the check engine light was on because a misfire was detected. I took it to my dealership, who reset the code, and could not find anything mechanically wrong with the car. I drove it home, and it was fine. The check engine light will flash occasionally when under acceleration, which according to 5-18 (or about there) in the owner's manual, is stated to warn of a misfire. I called OnStar again, who told me to try different gas. I have emptied and changed the gas since the first occurrence from a different gas station. Any ideas what might be the problem?

Nothing more to say.
TJPittbull is offline   Reply With Quote