Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vitesse Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Motorsports Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2013, 09:54 PM   #29
NerdWerx
 
NerdWerx's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 ZL1
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: St. Joe, Michigan
Posts: 51
South Haven is only twenty minutes from me at most. I'll probably be there.
__________________

-NerdWerx
NerdWerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:03 PM   #30
Mgizzle

 
Mgizzle's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
You modded much?
My 1LE is stock aside of superblue brake fluid and an alignment (-1.1 camber front, -0.8 camber rear).
__________________
I work for General Motors and am not an official spokes person for General Motors. My views and opinions are my own and not those of General Motors.
Mgizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:25 PM   #31
Camaro_Corvette
36.833283,-76.021958
 
Camaro_Corvette's Avatar
 
Drives: Team 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 23,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgizzle View Post
My 1LE is stock aside of superblue brake fluid and an alignment (-1.1 camber front, -0.8 camber rear).
Wow, great! Thanks for the vid
__________________
I am seriously never serious vv V vv Next order of business
Camaro_Corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:53 AM   #32
ken53007

 
ken53007's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: acworth ga
Posts: 1,708
I would like to do this but it is way to close to camaro5 fest
ken53007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:23 AM   #33
ssmike
Missing Big Red
 
ssmike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Corvette DSOM, '13 Equinox CRT
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 6,543
I just got time off approved, spouse approved, and signed up for the Novice group! Can't wait! This will be my first event of this type! Only track time I've had is at Watkins Glen behind a pace car with our Upstate C5 group. It was fun but this is gonna be a blast!
__________________

Not a Camaro but it works for now!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:21 AM   #34
stand-al0ne
Rev Couture
 
stand-al0ne's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 LS Camaro & 2013 Rav4 Ltd
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Jamlando, FL
Posts: 1,112
This is JUST the thing I have been looking for! I would love to do this! Maybe I still can - but if only there was more notice!

What I great idea! I hope this catches on and becomes more frequent. Maybe at other tracks too???? Sebring, Barber Motorsports park, Road Atlanta, etc...

Just the thing I have been setting my Camaro up for!!
__________________
EBC Brakes| DOT 4|Bigworm| SickSpeed| BMR | IPF | Vararam| MRT |MGW | Nitto | Rx |
Iggee |ZL-1 Sways| Hurst | Apex Racing|Past: Srt-4| 6.0L GTO- RIP | '98 Integra
stand-al0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:22 AM   #35
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1LE...Drove: 2012 ZL1
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 28,068
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by crangie View Post
I am in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
Put me in for it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMachineZL1 View Post
Hell yeah, i'm in. Novice.
Awesome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Great track. Great opportunity. I wish i could join you. Too bad Dragoneye disappeared. He could come to Gingerman and get beat again my THE Becky.
It is too bad he's gone...if he were still around - THE Becky might never show her face at a performance event again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph4r View Post
What are the vehicle Tech Requirements? Are Convertibles allowed with Mods but no roll-bar / roll-cage?
http://www.cgimotorsports.com If you click on the Q & A section, they address this. We'll allow convertibles to participate, with the recommendation you leave the top up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
I'm in! Novice class.

Probably drive the ZL1


Gotta practice to beat Mr Wydham
You'll try......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgizzle View Post
I just got back from Gingerman this Sunday from a Shelby event! Dang, need to sign up for this bad..... SIGNED UP!!!! Hopefully we will get a nice 70F day with clouds but no rain!!

By the way, magazines didn't give it to you, but I will. 1LE vs. 302 LS.... see last lap, last turn (LS had 6 piston front and rear brakes with Corsa exhaust). The Ford guys at the track were really cool though and brought out some nice cars. That LS sounded really mean with that Corsa exhaust and in the previous session I passed him as well but on the straights under full throttle he was pulling away.

http://youtu.be/5kp6KMBJfkY
Awesome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdWerx View Post
South Haven is only twenty minutes from me at most. I'll probably be there.
I'll add you to the list - if you can't make it, let me know and I'll take your name down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken53007 View Post
I would like to do this but it is way to close to camaro5 fest
It is pretty close...the intent was to be a pretty regional, local event...I wouldn't want to drive across country to put my car through a road course, anyways...*just in case*.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
I just got time off approved, spouse approved, and signed up for the Novice group! Can't wait! This will be my first event of this type! Only track time I've had is at Watkins Glen behind a pace car with our Upstate C5 group. It was fun but this is gonna be a blast!
Great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stand-al0ne View Post
This is JUST the thing I have been looking for! I would love to do this! Maybe I still can - but if only there was more notice!

What I great idea! I hope this catches on and becomes more frequent. Maybe at other tracks too???? Sebring, Barber Motorsports park, Road Atlanta, etc...

Just the thing I have been setting my Camaro up for!!
With luck and interest.....stress the "interest"....we might be able to organize a few more across the country. This sort of thing, IMO, is what the Camaro was BUILT FOR. So we'd like to facilitate track events for those enthusiasts who want to use their cars the way they were designed to be used.

Unfortunately, everyone on the staff is volunteer, and so these efforts are at the whim of our free time. We'll see what the future brings!
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Twice Before You Post.
...Anxiously waiting to order a silver "Z"...

Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:25 AM   #36
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1LE...Drove: 2012 ZL1
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 28,068
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
FYI! Updated the original post with hotel information!
HOTELS

A special group rate has been established for participants in CGI's events...please contact the hotel below for reservations! Just mention that you're "driving with CGI" to get the special rate.

Holiday Inn Express
1741 Phoenix Road
South Haven, Mi. 49090
(269)637-8800
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Twice Before You Post.
...Anxiously waiting to order a silver "Z"...

Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:05 PM   #37
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28
 
Dropspeed's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Suburbs of Detroit, MI
Posts: 2,370
HMMM that is the day before my vacation starts...I might just have to make the drive over there!
__________________
Dropspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:14 PM   #38
gajagfan


 
gajagfan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Brunswick, GA
Posts: 3,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgizzle View Post
I just got back from Gingerman this Sunday from a Shelby event! Dang, need to sign up for this bad..... SIGNED UP!!!! Hopefully we will get a nice 70F day with clouds but no rain!!

By the way, magazines didn't give it to you, but I will. 1LE vs. 302 LS.... see last lap, last turn (LS had 6 piston front and rear brakes with Corsa exhaust). The Ford guys at the track were really cool though and brought out some nice cars. That LS sounded really mean with that Corsa exhaust and in the previous session I passed him as well but on the straights under full throttle he was pulling away.

http://youtu.be/5kp6KMBJfkY
That video just made my day......way to get that Mustang at the end. Seriously, thanks, and good job!
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:18 PM   #39
Doc
Dances With Mustangs
 
Doc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Join Date: May 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 3,628
I'd love to see much more of this as "official" C5 events rather than one big monster event each year that half the country can't attend because of the time and cost, and eats up a year of volunteer time planning and doing. Smaller official Camaro5 HPDE events of 50-100 people could be organized much easier all over the country and IMHO would be more fun and enjoyable to participate in.

I just wish I lived closer to Gingerman; I know you guys are going to have a blast!
__________________

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:20 PM   #40
gajagfan


 
gajagfan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Brunswick, GA
Posts: 3,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgizzle View Post
My 1LE is stock aside of superblue brake fluid and an alignment (-1.1 camber front, -0.8 camber rear).
Do you have any pics of your car on this site? What color is it? Our 1SS is black, but is caught in that quality hold. As a GM employee, find out whats going on, and help a brother out......just kidding!
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:10 PM   #41
stand-al0ne
Rev Couture
 
stand-al0ne's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 LS Camaro & 2013 Rav4 Ltd
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Jamlando, FL
Posts: 1,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
I'd love to see much more of this as "official" C5 events rather than one big monster event each year that half the country can't attend because of the time and cost, and eats up a year of volunteer time planning and doing. Smaller official Camaro5 HPDE events of 50-100 people could be organized much easier all over the country and IMHO would be more fun and enjoyable to participate in.

I just wish I lived closer to Gingerman; I know you guys are going to have a blast!
I def agree with all of that. I think these regional things would be just the ticket. We have so many members on here (34k+) that I'm sure we could scavenge up 50-100 members per regional event. We all love driving our cars...could be on to something here!
__________________
EBC Brakes| DOT 4|Bigworm| SickSpeed| BMR | IPF | Vararam| MRT |MGW | Nitto | Rx |
Iggee |ZL-1 Sways| Hurst | Apex Racing|Past: Srt-4| 6.0L GTO- RIP | '98 Integra
stand-al0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:15 PM   #42
Mgizzle

 
Mgizzle's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 913
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
Do you have any pics of your car on this site? What color is it? Our 1SS is black, but is caught in that quality hold. As a GM employee, find out whats going on, and help a brother out......just kidding!
Go in the 1LE section of the forum under the video and picture thread that Suxost created, you will see a bunch of pictures of mine, even some next to a red Boss 302.

Be patient, the car is worth it, I waited 6 months for mine. Mine is a 1SS, black as well with NPP.
__________________
I work for General Motors and am not an official spokes person for General Motors. My views and opinions are my own and not those of General Motors.
Mgizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
aimless cant drive.., road course action in mi, ssmike can't get enough

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.