Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Fabberge
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Forced Induction - V8 V8 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Old 11-06-2013, 12:16 PM   #1
dookie454

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3
LS3 Whipple Supplied Siemens 63lb Deka Injectors - What's the proper Flow Rate?

So since day one I've wondered what the "proper" set of data for these injectors are... I've heard two stories:

1) Whipple supplied data is spot on
2) Whipple supplied data is about 7% off

So when I originally loaded the Whipple tune it started up great, no problems, then I decided to switch to the "correct" injector flow rate info and I've run that ever since. The instant I switched the injector data, my MAF tables had to be reduced by about 7% across the board which I though was a clear sign the injector data was wrong...

Things are fine since, except a very small dip in rpm after startup occasionally.. It seems to start fine, then rev to say 1400rpm, then often comes down to about 500rpm then back up to 1200rpm and smooths out... it seemed to start later on in my tuning session after changing to the "correct" injector flow data... now Im playing with startup airflow and it's helping alot... startup is just about normal but doesnt seem as smooth as say a completely stock LS3.

So then I started wondering... I see the whipple kits state they flow 63lb/hr at 43.5psi. If I build a curve and equation for both flow rates and plug in 43.5psi... I get these flow rates just so see what set of data is closest to the advertised flow rate:

----------------PSI-------Flow
Whipple-----43.5------64.58
"Correct"----43.5------60.23

Neither matches the Whipple advertised flow rate, however the Whipple supplied settings seem to be closer, and I would think whatever one is closer here would also have more accurate data for all of the other injector settings?

Here is a shot of the two side by side:

What would you run?
Attached Images

dookie454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:24 AM   #2
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookie454 View Post
So since day one I've wondered what the "proper" set of data for these injectors are... I've heard two stories:

1) Whipple supplied data is spot on
2) Whipple supplied data is about 7% off

So when I originally loaded the Whipple tune it started up great, no problems, then I decided to switch to the "correct" injector flow rate info and I've run that ever since. The instant I switched the injector data, my MAF tables had to be reduced by about 7% across the board which I though was a clear sign the injector data was wrong...

Things are fine since, except a very small dip in rpm after startup occasionally.. It seems to start fine, then rev to say 1400rpm, then often comes down to about 500rpm then back up to 1200rpm and smooths out... it seemed to start later on in my tuning session after changing to the "correct" injector flow data... now Im playing with startup airflow and it's helping alot... startup is just about normal but doesnt seem as smooth as say a completely stock LS3.

So then I started wondering... I see the whipple kits state they flow 63lb/hr at 43.5psi. If I build a curve and equation for both flow rates and plug in 43.5psi... I get these flow rates just so see what set of data is closest to the advertised flow rate:

----------------PSI-------Flow
Whipple-----43.5------64.58
"Correct"----43.5------60.23

Neither matches the Whipple advertised flow rate, however the Whipple supplied settings seem to be closer, and I would think whatever one is closer here would also have more accurate data for all of the other injector settings?

Here is a shot of the two side by side:

What would you run?
The Answer is No One Really knows because Semens Deka does not provide all the data needed to build a Proper calibration.

The only thing we have to work with on these injectors is the Data Provided by Greg Banish, Where he took a set and tested them with OEM testing equipment, then provided the data from that particular set.

Keep in mind these are Production injectors, not matched sets so you may have to start with the data we have and fudge it a little to compensate for Production + or - tolerances which could be as high as 7%.

The only way we know of to get injectors with accurate data to load in your tune is with Injector Dynamics because they are Held to the tightest tolerances in the Industry.

Ted.
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
www.turboaddictionparts.com
Performance Parts
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:33 AM   #3
Slowhawk
LSX specialty shop

Drives: 1999 Trans Am
The MAF readings do not indicate injector data. That's not how you look at it.
If you want to see how far off they are you have to put the car in open loop. No MAF, no 02's.

Bridgewater, Ma
(508)659-4454
Slowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote