Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 05-22-2013, 11:00 PM   #1
CamaroDIYking

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Music to my ears

I want my car to sound EXACTLY like this. From the look on the back of the car he has stock mufflers. Can anyone tell from listening if he has long tubes/shortys...he says he has DMH cutouts in the comments. He said he put them right after the collection of headers. Does that mean he put them before the cat?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kpuCqzAK-7g This is a just watch/ listen to.

Any info would be appreciated

Lighting- LED footwell, grille, trunk, and engine lights done via DIY. LED dome, DRL, and tag lights.
Paint- Painted engine cover, steering wheel bezel, speedometer bezel, front bowtie, tail light bezels, wheel center caps.
Exterior lights- tinted tail lights and sidemarker lights.
Wheels- powdercoated stock RS 20' wheels black
Exhaust- Cat-back Dynomax Bullet Exhaust system with bullet muffler delete.
Misc- rear blackout kit from Big Worm Graphix, black side Camaro lettering from Emblem Pros, and rear Camaro lettering from Emblem Pros.
CamaroDIYking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:01 PM   #2
CamaroDIYking

The idle is what I'm looking to achieve.

Lighting- LED footwell, grille, trunk, and engine lights done via DIY. LED dome, DRL, and tag lights.
Paint- Painted engine cover, steering wheel bezel, speedometer bezel, front bowtie, tail light bezels, wheel center caps.
Misc- rear blackout kit from Big Worm Graphix, black side Camaro lettering from Emblem Pros, and rear Camaro lettering from Emblem Pros.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:06 PM   #3
Harry.S

Drives: 2011 2lt black Camaro
I'm guessing he has longtubes with cutouts. Most commonly used longtubes I've seen around here are 1 7/8"
Harry.S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:08 PM   #4
CamaroDIYking

I've been looking to get cutouts for a awhile. But I only want to have the so called "NASCAR" sound at idle. Not just the deep truck sounding exhaust like I have heard with other cutouts

Old 05-22-2013, 11:10 PM   #5
Harry.S

Look at the QTP electric cutouts I believe you don't have to open it all the way. you can open a little bit halfway or all the way depending on what kind of sound you prefer.
I don't think you'll get that deep truck sounding idle since with longtubes and cutouts camaros just sound loud like a nascar haha

look up other cars with headers and cut outs they're similar

I think cutouts are what you're looking for with that kind of idle
Old 05-22-2013, 11:17 PM   #6
CamaroDIYking

Yeah I know cutouts are the only way I can get that idle sound. I just don't know what size headers and if they used cats or not...and if they had an intake. Just little things like that.

Old 05-22-2013, 11:28 PM   #7
Harry.S

hmm, I would say the 1 7/8" headers, with any popular cai, and high flo cats would get you that kind of sound
Look at this video: it has cutouts headers and an exhaust. (I don't think it would make much a difference with an exhaust or stock exhaust if you put the cutouts after the cats)
I'm guessing that car has stock cats. If you put on high flo it'll only get louder

Old 05-22-2013, 11:35 PM   #8
CamaroDIYking

I like that too...but it seems like the car in the video is cammed but it's not. And it seems like it sounds like a boat engine out of water. Like this video...http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TpMtDpwMQRs do you see what I'm saying?

Old 05-22-2013, 11:37 PM   #9
CamaroDIYking

The out of water boat motor sound is what I'm looking for..hell I might just throw my Yamaha 300 4 stroke in the engine bay and see how she runs

Old 05-23-2013, 12:30 AM   #10
Harry.S

Yeah i get what your saying haha I would suggest just getting some 1 7/8" longtubes like the kooks ones first and some cutouts only if you want the option to turn the volume down whenever you want.

Put the cutouts right after the headers only if you don't run cats otherwise i don't think its possible. Most people put them right after the cats in order to get the most sound

headers
cutouts
and optional high flo cats or no cats if you want even louder
and a cai would probably add a little more sound but not much if any
or you can always get a big cam haha
Old 05-23-2013, 11:44 PM   #11
CamaroDIYking

Could I get the same sound with 1 3/4" headers?

Tags
cutouts, loud exhaust