Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Apex Paul
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2013, 12:27 PM   #1
Drew NOel
Drew Noel
 
Drew NOel's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 1SS 1LE AGM
Join Date: May 2013
Location: NJ
Posts: 157
Been reading threads for weeks now! Just ordered my camaro.

I just ordered my 2013 Camaro SS 1LE in Ashen Grey!

When I went to the dealer he had actually told me originally that Chevy had stopped production on custom fabs on the 2013 and was gearing up for the 2014. Not liking the new front end - I told him I guess I wasn't getting one unless he could find me the 1LE ashen Grey 1ss. After searching the comps and coming up dry - called up GM and they pushed one through!

After sitting down for an hour or so telling him what I wanted:
1SS 1LE - backup cam - sunroof - Upgraded stereo and NPP. I Said I wanted the car for 41 OTD.

Ended up getting it for 42 OTD - including taxes / tags / 5 year reg / delivery / surcharge NJ / etc.

So I figure actual car cost was about 37500.

And if it comes in before July 1st - I get another 1,000 off - so I'll get the car for 36.5.

I'm stoked and I can't wait to start posting on this forum some photos of my new baby. I don't remember being this excited since I was a kid opening presents at the tree.

-Drew
Drew NOel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:39 PM   #2
2010 SSRS



 
2010 SSRS's Avatar
 
Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Ocean State
Posts: 111,215
Congrats Drew, the 1LE is a bad azz Camaro
__________________
Jannetty Racing JRE Street Package
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:44 PM   #3
Earthshaker6
 
Earthshaker6's Avatar
 
Drives: 45th Anniversary HPE650
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Posts: 487
CONGRATS!!!! Congrats on the new ride...and first post! Welcome to the Camaro5 Family!!!!
__________________
HPE650 in 45th Anniversary beauty
Earthshaker6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:51 PM   #4
Apex Motorsports

 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 25,202
CONGRATS!!! And...

__________________
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:01 PM   #5
Drew NOel
Drew Noel
 
Drew NOel's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 1SS 1LE AGM
Join Date: May 2013
Location: NJ
Posts: 157
Thanks!

I've been researching what to get for it when it comes in. I've been looking at getting some new headlights - Possibly the Anzo - with an HID upgrade since I didn't get the RS package (didn't make sense to pay for rims when I get it with the 1LE package) Waiting till after the first oil change to put int he CAI filter and scoop in. Anyone have any thoughts on the Anzos or Anything else I should be looking at for it?

-Drew
Drew NOel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:05 PM   #6
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
menendez1293's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tallahassee FL
Posts: 9,662
Congrats on the camaro. I love those 1LEs
__________________
Proud owner of litho #179 Click Picture for Build Thread
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:10 PM   #7
ravensjeff
100% Chevy & Harley Man
 
ravensjeff's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS: Blown LSX 376-B15
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Eldersburg,MD
Posts: 2,198
Everytime someone from NJ asks this I always say Gorilla wheel locks (Get em from Chase above) since a previous NJ poster had all of his wheels stolen (in NJ) in a guarded environment.

But without a doubt, the #1 1st thing to mod is the exhaust. Car is too dam quiet- couldn't even tell it was running. You'll get plenty of advice of what to get. I love my Borla Catback exhaust system.

Congrats on the car. Ashen Grey looks great.
__________________
LSX 376-B15, TVS2300 SC, Harland Sharp Rockers with Trunion Bearing, ATI Balancer/keyed, AR Headers/Borla Catback Exhaust, DSS 1400 HP Axles, 3.70, Hotchkis Springs/Sway bars, Forgeline SO3P Aluminum Wheels (20x9.5 F/20x11 R)with Hidden Lightweight Titanium Hardware, Nitto NT05 Tires (27540ZR20 F/31535ZR20 R), Billet LPE brake/gas pedals, Escort 9500ci Radar Detector Laser Jammer, Roto Fab CAI with Ice Silver box, Carbon fiber tube/MAF Housing Assy, LPE Aluminum coil covers, SS9 Sleeper Fiber Glass Hood (ACS), Carbotech 1521 ceramic brake pads, Elite catch can.
ravensjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:13 PM   #8
Drew NOel
Drew Noel
 
Drew NOel's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 1SS 1LE AGM
Join Date: May 2013
Location: NJ
Posts: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensjeff View Post

But without a doubt, the #1 1st thing to mod is the exhaust. Car is too dam quiet- couldn't even tell it was running. You'll get plenty of advice of what to get. I love my Borla Catback exhaust system.

Congrats on the car. Ashen Grey looks great.

I ordered the NPP exhaust and I'm just hooking up a switch in the cockpit so I can turn them on and off. I'm south Jersey area more farmland than anything else - but I'll definitely look at the locks now either way! Thanks!

-Drew
Drew NOel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:14 PM   #9
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew NOel View Post
I just ordered my 2013 Camaro SS 1LE in Ashen Grey!

When I went to the dealer he had actually told me originally that Chevy had stopped production on custom fabs on the 2013 and was gearing up for the 2014. Not liking the new front end - I told him I guess I wasn't getting one unless he could find me the 1LE ashen Grey 1ss. After searching the comps and coming up dry - called up GM and they pushed one through!

After sitting down for an hour or so telling him what I wanted:
1SS 1LE - backup cam - sunroof - Upgraded stereo and NPP. I Said I wanted the car for 41 OTD.

Ended up getting it for 42 OTD - including taxes / tags / 5 year reg / delivery / surcharge NJ / etc.

So I figure actual car cost was about 37500.

And if it comes in before July 1st - I get another 1,000 off - so I'll get the car for 36.5.

I'm stoked and I can't wait to start posting on this forum some photos of my new baby. I don't remember being this excited since I was a kid opening presents at the tree.

-Drew
Great news Drew NOel, congratulations! It is sure to be an excellent experience for you. Be sure to post some pictures for us. If there are any questions you may have in the future, we here for you also. Have fun!

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:17 PM   #10
LSXaddict
 
LSXaddict's Avatar
 
Drives: 1ss in Blue Ray Metallic
Join Date: May 2013
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 384
Congrats! I got mine a month ago and really wish I could have kicked that extra 3500 for the 1LE! Oh well I guess some lowering spring and sway bars will do for now...
__________________
2013 1SS M6 with Flowmaster Pro 10 axle back and CAGS shift skip eliminator
LSXaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:19 PM   #11
Hurst
Camaros Of Northwest Ohio
 
Hurst's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SIM 2SS/RS, LS3
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Perrysburg, Ohio
Posts: 827
Congrats Drew! Patiently awaiting my ordered Camaro as well...
Hurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:24 PM   #12
Drew NOel
Drew Noel
 
Drew NOel's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 1SS 1LE AGM
Join Date: May 2013
Location: NJ
Posts: 157
Thanks - I put my order in on May 7th - Any idea on how long it's been taking recently?
Drew NOel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:50 PM   #13
Hurst
Camaros Of Northwest Ohio
 
Hurst's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SIM 2SS/RS, LS3
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Perrysburg, Ohio
Posts: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew NOel View Post
Thanks - I put my order in on May 7th - Any idea on how long it's been taking recently?
Placed my order on the 17th... Not sure. Have an Order Number yet?
Hurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:52 PM   #14
Drew NOel
Drew Noel
 
Drew NOel's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 1SS 1LE AGM
Join Date: May 2013
Location: NJ
Posts: 157
Yeah Its RBGXHD - says it's que'd for production
Drew NOel is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.