Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Anthony @ LG Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2013, 02:35 AM   #1
wickidywhack
 
Drives: 2013 camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The lone star
Posts: 2
ADM intake this cant be right?

ok guys im really looking for some help im brand new to this site and i know this has propably been asked a million times and there is probably a lot of threads but i need help i need testimonial or info for an ADM race intake i found one thing online saying it lost 3 hp over stock?? this cant be right
wickidywhack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:12 AM   #2
Jason@JacFab

 
Jason@JacFab's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Central Point, OR
Posts: 4,667
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
It's a catch 22... You can read the same thing about almost every aftermarket intake offered. I think I've read more good things about the ADM intake than bad. Actually I can't recall ever really reading anything "bad" about it... Maybe I've just never found the bad though.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:31 AM   #3
ADM PERFORMANCE

 
Drives: 2016 CAMARO SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: DfW - Texas
Posts: 4,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 View Post
It's a catch 22... You can read the same thing about almost every aftermarket intake offered. I think I've read more good things about the ADM intake than bad. Actually I can't recall ever really reading anything "bad" about it... Maybe I've just never found the bad though.
Never seen bad either,we have been building Camaro intakes
As long as anybody.We are still on our initial design with no
Major changes in 4 years.

Back in 2010 gm high tech took it upon them selves
To throw away the instructions prior to install
And put the maf outside the air box.Needless to say we had a few choice words
When the intake comparison came out and we saw pics of how
They threw together the install.
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:40 AM   #4
ADM PERFORMANCE

 
Drives: 2016 CAMARO SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: DfW - Texas
Posts: 4,840
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickidywhack View Post
ok guys im really looking for some help im brand new to this site and i know this has propably been asked a million times and there is probably a lot of threads but i need help i need testimonial or info for an ADM race intake i found one thing online saying it lost 3 hp over stock?? this cant be right
Btw welcome to CAMARO5
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:08 AM   #5
62nalide


 
62nalide's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SS
Join Date: May 2013
Location: DFW
Posts: 3,611
I just installed mine last night. Don't worry what a dyno says, I felt the difference with it on. My car had a nice response to it. Dyno numbers are just numbers, yes we all want numbers up in the sky but once the scoop gets highway air and do a WOT you can tell it works.
__________________
10.45 @ 130mph all motor
GPI everythang!
62nalide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:28 AM   #6
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]
 
vroomapunk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NOLA
Posts: 6,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62nalide View Post
I just installed mine last night. Don't worry what a dyno says, I felt the difference with it on. My car had a nice response to it. Dyno numbers are just numbers, yes we all want numbers up in the sky but once the scoop gets highway air and do a WOT you can tell it works.
Well, you can still rely on the dyno numbers, because they definitively show gains with all major CAI's.

If you lost power with a CAI, then you installed it wrong, or are interpreting dyno results incorrectly.

Either way, a lot of people swear by ADM, and Cold Air Inductions brands CAI.

I dont think you can go wrong with either. I liked the look of the C.A.I. brand more. But through multiple independent tests on this site, they have both proven themselves.

Its a no brainer.
__________________
vroomapunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:34 AM   #7
Camarojt

 
Camarojt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011camaro SS
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Allen, Tx
Posts: 2,189
ADM's CAI is one of THE BEST intakes out for the 5thGen. I have never seen anyone report negative gains after they installed it unless either they installed it improperly, or the car ran into other issues.

I am very happy with mine and it performed over my expectations. I highly recommend it W/ADM scoop!
Plus I think it looks good! Especially if you see 1 painted!
Camarojt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:50 AM   #8
Camaro21


 
Drives: SOLD - 2013 M6 ZL1
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarojt View Post
ADM's CAI is one of THE BEST intakes out for the 5thGen. I have never seen anyone report negative gains after they installed it unless either they installed it improperly, or the car ran into other issues.

I am very happy with mine and it performed over my expectations. I highly recommend it W/ADM scoop!
Plus I think it looks good! Especially if you see 1 painted!
Camaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:00 AM   #9
victoryred1ss
 
victoryred1ss's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS M6 2016 2SS A8
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Utah
Posts: 553
In my opinion its the best intake out there.. thats why is on my car.
__________________
TVS 2300 721RWHP 686RWTQ
Built by Me
Suspension done by JDP
Tune done by JRE
victoryred1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:13 AM   #10
LSX Camaro
Master ASE, GM, LSX Tech.
 
LSX Camaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Irvine, CA.
Posts: 904
The ADM Race Intake and the Race Scoop is a winning combination. The fit and finish is top quality, power increase has been proven by independent testing.
LSX Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:44 PM   #11
1sikRS

 
Drives: chevy
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: cleveland ohio
Posts: 847
recently installed adm race on my car and it dropped my intake air temps down quite a bit I use tk have a cai but to me it wasn't all what ppl cracked it up to be
1sikRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:10 PM   #12
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team
 
VR Baron's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 VR 2SS RS M6
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: SO CAL
Posts: 13,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sikRS View Post
recently installed adm race on my car and it dropped my intake air temps down quite a bit I use tk have a cai but to me it wasn't all what ppl cracked it up to be
They never are. Whether on my old v6 or the SS it was noticable but not great
__________________
#1 car 2010 Black 2LTRS 1/28/10-10/15/11, 17900 miles
#2 car 2012 Red 2SSRS 10/15/11-
Mods: Outlaw Axelback & J Pipes/Heritage&Stillen Grill/Halltech CAI/Apex Scoop,Washer Bottle/OEM Strut Tower Brace/VMax T/B/ G.M. Blade Spoiler/SLP Splitter/ Forgestar cf10 wheels & Michelin Super Sport tires/JBA Shorty Headers,HiFlow cats & tune/Remote Clutch resovoir/ Pedders Supercar coilovers and Pedders 27mm/32mm ZL1 Spec sway bars / Whiteline craddle Inserts & Upper rear arm bushes/ 416/414 RW HP/TQ
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:30 PM   #13
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]
 
vroomapunk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NOLA
Posts: 6,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sikRS View Post
recently installed adm race on my car and it dropped my intake air temps down quite a bit I use tk have a cai but to me it wasn't all what ppl cracked it up to be
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Baron View Post
They never are. Whether on my old v6 or the SS it was noticable but not great
Its not just air temperature that its improving on, its volume.

The filter and tube are less restrictive than stock. And the MAF sensor location helps maximize how the ecm interprets the flow, etc.

Arguing about whether or not CAI's increase power is just silly.
__________________
vroomapunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:54 PM   #14
1sikRS

 
Drives: chevy
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: cleveland ohio
Posts: 847
o I agree all im saying is my ait were noticeably lower w.the adm
1sikRS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.