Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Anthony @ LG Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 04-30-2015, 05:06 PM   #1
ZL W0N

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Dashlogic issues

I got my dashlogic the other day and I noticed a few things.

1. How do you use the configuration program if you have a Mac? I can only find a Windows version.

2. I plugged it in my car, straight out of the box. First thing I noticed was a glitchy turn signal. It seemed my exterior lights were working and in time, but the interior lights and sound kept glitching out of time. It's really annoying sitting at a traffic light.

3. I switched the page to the HP/TQ display and got on the highway WOT to see how much it's making. I spun the tires and the back end swung around a little causing the Active Handling to engage. It came up on my display screen and the Dashlogic stopped working after that. Tried switching pages, switching display categories...nothing. I had to turn the car off and on again to get it to start working. Yes, it was plugged in all the way.

4. I had issues with my entire Infotainment System. It kept losing Bluetooth connection with my phone. When it was connected and I used hands free calling, I couldn't hear it ringing, I couldn't hear the other person, and they couldn't hear me. Then I'd hang up, and it would switch from Bluetooth audio to FM Radio.

Has anyone else had these problems?? If this is normal, I'm returning it. I like my Infotainment hands free calling and the turn signal thing is annoying. I was going to use it for the NPP too and put my fuse back in, but not if this is how they are.
Old 04-30-2015, 05:14 PM   #2
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Sounds like you have a bad unit...

I'd return and get another one.

Mine works just fine. It does block the NAV from being used but I hardly use NAV so no big deal to me. I'm headed to Fontana Speedway this Saturday and I plan on using it a lot.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Reservoir kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 5% Under drive Pulley, Dash-Logic controller, 3m Clear Bra, ZL1 Mirror inserts, GM Interior Ambient lighting, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, Carbon Fiber Bow ties front & rear, ZL1 DRL lighting harness.

KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 06:24 PM   #3
Bigtime53

Drives: 2015 Black Z/28 #61- 2013 Black ZL1
I have had one for over a year and no problems. The one you have is bad it sounds like. Send it back for a replacement. Once you get a good one you will really like it.At least I do mine.
Bigtime53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 09:28 PM   #4
ZL W0N

What do I do about plugging it into my computer? I'd like to set up some profiles, but I have a Mac.
Old 05-01-2015, 01:48 AM   #5
angryBits

Drives: Nimbus 2000
Mine blocks the NAV. Other than that, it reports that I have 750hp even though I'm stock -- so I'm pretty sure that's working perfectly

Dr.Z: 2015 Douchey Red ZL1 6MT Stock w/ 100 Octane Gas
angryBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 08:20 AM   #6
hawk02
Convertible Three-peat

Drives: 2013 Victory Red ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL W0N View Post
What do I do about plugging it into my computer? I'd like to set up some profiles, but I have a Mac.
The configuration utility runs on Windows only. One way or the other you'll need a copy of Windows. You have a choice to run Wndows under Apple's Boot Camp or one of the virtual machines (VM Ware, Parallels, or Virtual Box).

As a long time Mac user, I didn't feel like messing around with Boot Camp or any of the VM's so I ended up purchasing a refurbished HP laptop with Win 7 Home Premium for $200. It has turned out to be the perfect solution to run HP Tuners and the Dashlogic config utility.
Old 05-01-2015, 11:25 AM   #7
ZL W0N

If I can find a PC to configure it on, it might be worth it, but if it continues having these problems and glitches, I'm returning it. I'd rather everything function right, than monitor my knock and temps. I couldn't even get the 0-60 feature to work.