Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 05-24-2013, 05:47 PM   #1
Uggss

Drives: Black with silver stripes 2011 2ss
Gm dealership service is horrible!

I've had my car in 3 times for rear end noise and finally it was fixed... So I thought. Today I took my car in to have a axle back installed and within 30 seconds the mechanic showed me this. Oh and by the way the service manager told me that if they weren't responsible they would charge me for the tow. Well the changed the clutch packs like 2 months ago and this is the result

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Attached Images

Uggss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:48 PM   #2
Uggss

Attached Images

Old 05-24-2013, 05:49 PM   #3
Demon 1LE
Cool Story, Bro !

Drives: The Scarecrow
Uh oh.
Old 05-24-2013, 05:55 PM   #4
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLOW 1 of Only 28
WOW :(
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:07 PM   #5
RoadMonkey
that's how we do it

Drives: '02 Camaro SS /6spd
That is not good! ...not to be playing Captain Obvious But, at least you caught it before the bolt fell completely out.
'86 Buick Grand National...mine since '99..a few mod's and never "finished"but I love her...
'13 ZL1/A6 - SOLD.. but miss her often
..currently looking at a '15 ZL1
RoadMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:13 PM   #6
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Old 05-24-2013, 06:20 PM   #7
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uggss View Post
I've had my car in 3 times for rear end noise and finally it was fixed... So I thought. Today I took my car in to have a axle back installed and within 30 seconds the mechanic showed me this. Oh and by the way the service manager told me that if they weren't responsible they would charge me for the tow. Well the changed the clutch packs like 2 months ago and this is the result

Hello Uggss,

My sincere apologies for this unfortunate situation here. Thankfully you caught this now. Is the dealer taking care of this issue for you? Please keep me informed of the progress here, I am very interested in this issue. Here to help.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:23 PM   #8
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Went to my local dealership for a difficult starting issue. 4 times I took my car to them and they couldn't figure out what was wrong. Twice they put a new battery in my car. and it didn't correct the problem at all.

Finally I took my car to a small shop down the street, and the owner put in a new starter and now my car starts perfectly every time.

I went back to my dealership and told them how disappointed I was with their lack on knowledge diagnosing my problem.
Their response was "our top mechanic was working on your car."

Very scary the lack of knowledge at some dealerships around the country.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:48 PM   #9
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Don't judge all dealers from yours.....most are excellent and would not give you a line of BS like this one.

This where having Reggie and his team helping out is a great benefit here and the other forums.

I also suggest to out this dealer if they don't make it right...and give props to the good ones you see praised here. Boils my blood being a GM tech for as many years as I was to see these practices...this is what gives GM a bad name, and it is just the dealer, not GM that does these things.

SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:50 PM   #10
Witchdoctor92

Drives: 2012 1SS Black with white rally str
That Sucks. Obviously not a great dealer experience. I have had mine in for warantee work 4 times with 2 dealers and my experiences were night and day difference. One was not very knowledgeable or helpful with service. The one I have now is great. I guess what I am saying is you might try a different dealership.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:52 PM   #11
SPCBA
Blake

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
got to find the right dealer, service writer and tech. took me a few tries but all m dealerships arent bad. heck we have 2 that i know of as sponsers here. one of which i think is in michigan.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:54 PM   #12
benji1997

Drives: 2013 IOM 2LT/RS M6
Send a message via Skype™ to benji1997
I'm having issues with my Mylink touchscreen that the dealer has not been able to correct going on over a month now. But in all fairness, the service manager has been in constant contact with the factory, and they are the ones that haven't produced a fix yet. So I can't really complain about my local dealer. I guess this technology is just as new to the service staff as it is to the general public.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:17 PM   #13
Uggss

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
Don't judge all dealers from yours.....most are excellent and would not give you a line of BS like this one.

This where having Reggie and his team helping out is a great benefit here and the other forums.

I also suggest to out this dealer if they don't make it right...and give props to the good ones you see praised here. Boils my blood being a GM tech for as many years as I was to see these practices...this is what gives GM a bad name, and it is just the dealer, not GM that does these things.

They are a Gm dealership and they not only have the dealership name to uphold they have GM's to uphold also. I'm pretty sure all GM's dealers practice a form of standard operating procedure and re checking all work is most likely one of them. It is totally unacceptable (great dealership or not) to miss either tightening a nut or not putting it on all together. This dealership made an error that put my safety and life in jeopardy with this mistake. Had that bolt fell off that whole wheel would have come of with it.

Old 05-24-2013, 07:27 PM   #14
pannhead51

Drives: 2SS convertible
Yup, that's a freakin scary pic !!
pannhead51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:49 PM   #15
20131LS

Drives: '14 1LT/RS
I've had several bad experiences with 2 different Chevy dealer's service departments. I had a front end vibration at highway speed in my 2008 Malibu that they couldn't find. They kept blaming the tires, but I put 4 sets of tires on the car and still had problems. Finally lemon lawed the car. Replaced the Malibu with a 2011 Equinox and tried another dealership for service and they were horrible too. I finally found a service dept. I liked at a dealer that is not really convenient for me, but they do a great job. So not only did I take my equinox there for service, but I bought my Camaro from them as well. I drive past the dealer that gave me the runaround with the Malibu on my way to the other dealer and I just laugh every time I pass by. Like someone already said, you have to find the right one.

2013 1LS SW Hugger Orange Rally stripes
Elite catch can
Emblempros LS emblems and gill stripes: Traded 5/20/14
20131LS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:30 PM   #16
Uggss

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20131LS View Post
I've had several bad experiences with 2 different Chevy dealer's service departments. I had a front end vibration at highway speed in my 2008 Malibu that they couldn't find. They kept blaming the tires, but I put 4 sets of tires on the car and still had problems. Finally lemon lawed the car. Replaced the Malibu with a 2011 Equinox and tried another dealership for service and they were horrible too. I finally found a service dept. I liked at a dealer that is not really convenient for me, but they do a great job. So not only did I take my equinox there for service, but I bought my Camaro from them as well. I drive past the dealer that gave me the runaround with the Malibu on my way to the other dealer and I just laugh every time I pass by. Like someone already said, you have to find the right one.
I have a Question about the lemon law, here in Michigan it's 4 repairs for the same problem. While this is not the problem I had at the start it's a direct result of the 3rd repair so would this be considered a 4th?
Old 05-24-2013, 11:05 PM   #17
angryv6
Lake Erie Monster

Drives: 02 Hyundai Sonata and Santa Fe
Quote:

You're absolutely right some of these dealers just don't care.
angryv6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:21 PM   #18
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
They are a Gm dealership and they not only have the dealership name to uphold they have GM's to uphold also. I'm pretty sure all GM's dealers practice a form of standard operating procedure and re checking all work is most likely one of them. It is totally unacceptable (great dealership or not) to miss either tightening a nut or not putting it on all together. This dealership made an error that put my safety and life in jeopardy with this mistake. Had that bolt fell off that whole wheel would have come of with it.

dealerships are privately owned. the owners decide who runs the service department, and how they'll be run. GM has very little control over the day to day operations of one. just like with any other business, some owners are focused on service and quality, and other on the bottom line. not to mention there is most likely a fair amount of nepotism out there too. I'm sure there are plenty of service managers and general managers who have their job because dad owns the dealership.

their no different than any other franchise.

Last edited by jd10013; 05-25-2013 at 06:37 AM.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 12:28 AM   #19
sspolo

Drives: None at the moment :'(
Quote:

I was thinking that all dealers were bad until I read the above post. Bad service does travel a lot faster than good service. So most likely most dealerships are good. Sucks when you live next to a bad one though.
sspolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 12:34 AM   #20
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Dang man...good thing that got caught in time. My god..
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:41 PM   #21
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Rodgers Chevrolet in MI is a good service center, and around the country there are great ones....we just need a sticky thread to help members steer to the good ones, and away from the bad ones. I have seen first hand some so dishonest I could go on for days, but they ARE the minority. Find the good ones and they deserve your business.

SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 02:13 PM   #22
Chevyman2

Drives: 2014 C7(awaiting delivery)
Quote:
Rodgers Chevrolet in MI is a good service center, and around the country there are great ones....we just need a sticky thread to help members steer to the good ones, and away from the bad ones. I have seen first hand some so dishonest I could go on for days, but they ARE the minority. Find the good ones and they deserve your business.

That's good idea sticky would be great.
Chevyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 02:28 PM   #23
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
Damn that's scary. Personally I'd just go buy a nut and put it on myself and never go back there.
Old 05-25-2013, 03:30 PM   #24
20131LS

Drives: '14 1LT/RS
Quote:
I have a Question about the lemon law, here in Michigan it's 4 repairs for the same problem. While this is not the problem I had at the start it's a direct result of the 3rd repair so would this be considered a 4th?
I hired a lemon law attorney to represent me. The attorney's fee was part of the settlement. So no money out of pocket for me. I would suggest you look for one.

2013 1LS SW Hugger Orange Rally stripes
Elite catch can
Emblempros LS emblems and gill stripes: Traded 5/20/14
20131LS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 03:44 PM   #25
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyman2 View Post
That's good idea sticky would be great.
Started one - just need members to give input now.