Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 05-27-2013, 09:45 AM   #1
partymn

Drives: 2014 1ss 1LE
Oil cooler problem

On the way to the track this weekend my turbo y-pipe shifted, it was completely my fault because I didn't re-torque it after a few heat cycles.

Anyway, when it shifted it rubbed a hole in my oil cooler and it started leaking water. I noticed it leaking while at a gas station so the car never got hot and I wasn't going to let it get that way. I pulled some old school tricks out of my hat and poured half a tin of pepper in the radiator and the leak stopped. I took the car to my mother-in-laws house and pulled it apart, JB Welded where the leak was coming from, and did a flush on the cooling system. There were no leaks during my track time or the 250 miles home.

Anyone have any idea where I can pick one up or have one that they would like to part with for a reasonable price?

Thanks
Old 05-27-2013, 10:04 AM   #2
Nathan Moreno

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by partymn View Post
On the way to the track this weekend my turbo y-pipe shifted, it was completely my fault because I didn't re-torque it after a few heat cycles.

Anyway, when it shifted it rubbed a hole in my oil cooler and it started leaking water. I noticed it leaking while at a gas station so the car never got hot and I wasn't going to let it get that way. I pulled some old school tricks out of my hat and poured half a tin of pepper in the radiator and the leak stopped. I took the car to my mother-in-laws house and pulled it apart, JB Welded where the leak was coming from, and did a flush on the cooling system. There were no leaks during my track time or the 250 miles home.

Anyone have any idea where I can pick one up or have one that they would like to part with for a reasonable price?

Thanks
I have one that been completely details. Look at my thread for details.

$100 and it's yours. Includes ARP bolts , new seals and gasket, new polished fittings, housing was grounded smooth and powder coated, etc, etc, etc,
Nathan Moreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:08 AM   #3
partymn

Drives: 2014 1ss 1LE
Oh I have seen it and read your thread. I have great admiration for the amount of work that you have put into your car. And yes, I would love to have it. Can you PM me your information please?