Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vitesse Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 05-28-2013, 05:06 PM   #1
benji1997

Drives: 2013 IOM 2LT/RS M6
Send a message via Skype™ to benji1997
Bugz.....

I despise them. I had an easier time keeping the front end surfaces of my car cleaner in the wintertime. Now I find myself running outside with my mf towel in hand and some anti-bug juice my detailer sold to me, everytime I come back from a ride. And if the bugs aren't enough, that darn over-night pollen attack drives me crazy. I don't have a garage. I'm at the mercy of mother nature. At least there are no wires or tree limbs over my parking spot.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:19 PM   #2
xRedsox
Night Fury

Drives: 2014 2LT RS
At least you don't live in Florida and have to deal with the "Love Bugs" If you leave them on your car, the acid in their blood eats paint up. They just ruin that post-carwash look.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:21 PM   #3
Hitman84

Drives: 2013 IOM 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by benji1997 View Post
I despise them. I had an easier time keeping the front end surfaces of my car cleaner in the wintertime. Now I find myself running outside with my mf towel in hand and some anti-bug juice my detailer sold to me, everytime I come back from a ride. And if the bugs aren't enough, that darn over-night pollen attack drives me crazy. I don't have a garage. I'm at the mercy of mother nature. At least there are no wires or tree limbs over my parking spot.
I know the feeling. I drive twenty minutes one way to work, first thing I do is get bug cleaner from my trunk and clean the front. I think our rides kill more bugs then Mac trucks
Hitman84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:30 PM   #4
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
I have been known to take hard evasive maneuvers while driving in order to avoid a collision with an airborne insect... this is done out of love for the car, not the damn bug.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:36 PM   #5
RJT-SS

Drives: '11 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by benji1997 View Post
They will actually keep me from driving my car at times. It is really bad down south ("love bugs", gnats, mosquitoes, etc.). I use dryer sheets dipped in a bucket of water. Removes them like magic (even after a few days). I rinse the car down with water and all is well again.

....and no, the dryer sheets do not affect the paint. Been doing this for years.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:52 PM   #6
DefianceDan
VroomVroom

Drives: 2012 45th RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by xRedsox View Post
At least you don't live in Florida and have to deal with the "Love Bugs" If you leave them on your car, the acid in their blood eats paint up. They just ruin that post-carwash look.
OMG! I forgot about those buggers! So glad I don't live in Florida anymore....

Wait....but you get to drive your Camaro year around.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:33 PM   #7
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Another darn good reason for a clear bra........
2013 2SS/RS LS3 M6 ,CRT, 500rwhp 460 torque mustang dyno,dual mode ,sunroof ,heritage grill clear bra, TSP cam, Stainless power headers HFC, CAI induction, Vmax PTD,Fluidampr25% udp, LPW diff cover, BMR strut brace,trailing arms, toes, bushings, Rocket racing wheels, catch can, separate clutch reservoir, under dash/body lights/scanner LED, DRL lights/halos rewire, Dash kit, Custom striping and Sparks badges and Engine badge, Corvette Stainless engine cover, mild to wild, coming soon Eaton true trac and 3.91's
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:35 PM   #8
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
Another darn good reason for a clear bra........
What clear bra do you have?

Sorry not trying to hijack....I friggin hate to clean bugs off too!
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:48 PM   #9
xRedsox
Night Fury

Drives: 2014 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefianceDan View Post
OMG! I forgot about those buggers! So glad I don't live in Florida anymore....

Wait....but you get to drive your Camaro year around.
I do, its a benefit of livin' in da south.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:12 PM   #10
Forte

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS CGM W/ Black Stripes
Summer nights are just horrible for bugs coming home from work. I have to drive through a bunch of backroads surrounded by nothing but agriculture (grapes, oranges, etc) and the bugs are CRAZY at night. Soooo many of them
Forte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:45 PM   #11
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: people crazy.
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Get that stretch bra from Ohio speed. It's freakin' amazing and makes your car look like a ninja when it's on.

Rock chips/bugs are a thing of the past for me. I don't put it on when I'm city driving... generally, if you're going under 45 miles an hour, you're not going fast enough to really hit bugs and kill them or get rock chips.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:53 PM   #12
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
one word......BRA.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote