Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hurst Shifters
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 05-28-2013, 05:00 PM   #1
Cali_Camaro_SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS (BLACK)
Red face Headers quality

Hey, was just wondering if there's a link or if anyone can write a list of LT headers from best to worst
Just so when I'm ready to buy them I know which ones are good and also
If some one can make a list to put a good price you would pay for them used

Sorry if this is in the wrong section or just asking to much
1SS: Dnyatech LT Headers | Dynamaxx CatBack | Diablo Tune | Intake | Pfatds Springs | Heritage Grill | Blacked out Bezels | Black Chevy Sign | Blacked out Wheels | Tint | HIDs w/Error code Eliminator | Green Dome/Trunk Light |

Cali_Camaro_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:05 PM   #2
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Give the thread below a look. It explains what to look for.

Choosing The Right Long Tube Headers
Old 05-28-2013, 05:10 PM   #3
Dynamite

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS XD
Let me save you some time.

Most headers function the same in regards to HP gains. The big differences-which vary the amount of money you will spend- is the type of metal used and where the headers are made in US or overseas.

US cost more than over seas, but are not necessarily "better."
Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:29 PM   #4
mikeyg36
The GT Troll Hundred

Drives: Cammed '12 2SS/RS LS3 '15 Z/28
Buy Long Tubes from Stainless Works, Kooks, ARH, TSP, or Stainless Power. I wouldn't bother with anything else.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:13 PM   #5
Cali_Camaro_SS

Cool thanks guys ill look at that thread to
1SS: Dnyatech LT Headers | Dynamaxx CatBack | Diablo Tune | Intake | Pfatds Springs | Heritage Grill | Blacked out Bezels | Black Chevy Sign | Blacked out Wheels | Tint | HIDs w/Error code Eliminator | Green Dome/Trunk Light |

Old 05-28-2013, 10:13 PM   #6
ronniels3

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali_Camaro_SS View Post
Hey, was just wondering if there's a link or if anyone can write a list of LT headers from best to worst
Just so when I'm ready to buy them I know which ones are good and also
If some one can make a list to put a good price you would pay for them used

Sorry if this is in the wrong section or just asking to much
Hands down ARH.
ronniels3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:27 PM   #7
BlaqWhole

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
As far as quality relating to longevity, at this point you can only speculate. There are people who bought cheaper headers made with the same materials as the more expensive headers. And they have lasted just as long. Some have lasted over 20,000 miles and 2 years so far. So nobody can really say that spending more money for a specific brand will give you better quality as far as longevity for now. Maybe after several more years.

However there are several differences in the overall finish between cheaper and more expensive brands. Although none of this has been proven to equate to better performance, the more expensive brands do have a better and cleaner look cosmetically...despite the fact that once the headers are installed you really can't see those differences.

In any case, there is no "best" because each person is looking for different things. If you care about cosmetics and where a header is said to be made, then you might want a specific brand. If you don't care about those things and just want a set of headers, then you might want a different brand. This had been debated on here many times. And it always comes down to preference...just like with cold air intakes and exhausts.

Esmeralda (03 GT) - UDP, CAI, PP intake manifold/upper plenum/75mm TB, 4.10s, fully rebuilt/upgraded trans w/ Transpak, 2400 stall converter, full O/R exhaust, 04 Cobra tank/dual 255 LPH pumps, Sniper Tune!!

Saving the world...1 hp at a time!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:32 PM   #8
Cali_Camaro_SS

hey you guys think that $490 shipped for XS power LT headers and catted connection pipes is a good deal or just an ok deal? Used

Old 05-30-2013, 12:53 AM   #9
BlaqWhole

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali_Camaro_SS View Post
hey you guys think that $490 shipped for XS power LT headers and catted connection pipes is a good deal or just an ok deal? Used
I wouldn't buy used headers. For less than $200 more you can get some brand new catted OBX headers. And the O/R OBX headers are cheaper than $490. I would pass on that deal.

Esmeralda (03 GT) - UDP, CAI, PP intake manifold/upper plenum/75mm TB, 4.10s, fully rebuilt/upgraded trans w/ Transpak, 2400 stall converter, full O/R exhaust, 04 Cobra tank/dual 255 LPH pumps, Sniper Tune!!

Saving the world...1 hp at a time!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 04:37 AM   #10
woolf

Drives: 2011 SLP SS
Yeah, that's too much for a used set. If you can get it for $350-$400, the. It will look a bit more attractive with the cats of course.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ezqXXgAnUus
woolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:57 PM   #11
tkjohn25

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
I bought stainless power and the driver side is rubbing on the steering shaft. Needless to say, it seems like SW doesnt want to do anything about it. Im pretty frustrated and i would not recommend these headers.
tkjohn25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 05:34 PM   #12
Quick

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th
Almost two years and 25k miles my OBX headers look like they did the day i installed them and not a single
issue with them....just my 02 cents worth.

Something wicked this way cometh...
Quick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:14 PM   #13
Outlaw77

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS I.O.M. Camaro 6MT
i just bought kooks and they are money!

Maggie TVS 2300 SC / Kooks headers / Hi Flow Cats / Magnaflow CB / Roto Fab CAI / Dyno Tuned by Davenport Motorsports / BMR 1" lowering springs

Wheels: Rohana RC7 Metallic Gunmetal 20x10 f, 20x11 r, Super Deep Concave + 275/40, 315/35 Nitto Invos
Outlaw77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:31 PM   #14
tkjohn25

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw77 View Post
i just bought kooks and they are money!
Wish i would have dobe the same!!
tkjohn25 is offline   Reply With Quote