Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hurst Shifters
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 06-04-2013, 10:11 PM   #351
Random

Drives: 300hp RWD, only costs $3.25 a ride
If anything they killed the front not the back, would of been nice to see more corvette like tails.
Random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:47 PM   #352
AZCamaroFan
Coming Soon

Drives: Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Here are a few pictures of a 2014 Camaro LS -- note there are no options shown on this car - replacing the steel wheels are the 18 inch aluminum wheels....

Reaction to the car was overwhelmingly positive at the Delaware River Valley Camaro Club's Annual Camaro/Firebird show in Wilmington....people seem to really like the base grille.
I like the new trunk lid, and I liked the steel wheels were dropped. the LS looks good .
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:17 PM   #353
King Sun
Casual Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Black LS V6
Quote:
Here are a few pictures of a 2014 Camaro LS -- note there are no options shown on this car - replacing the steel wheels are the 18 inch aluminum wheels....

Reaction to the car was overwhelmingly positive at the Delaware River Valley Camaro Club's Annual Camaro/Firebird show in Wilmington....people seem to really like the base grille.
King Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:54 AM   #354
ltrcola

Drives: SIM 2LT/RS
Quote:
.......do we see a pattern here?
I feel like I need to put my own two cents in here. I understand what you're saying, and I'm sure that an awful lot of that kind of stuff goes on. People hate change, and people love to complain about stupid things. But I think it's really easy to fall into the trap of looking at everything through that lens and ignoring valid criticism.

This immediately came to mind with me because you used the steering wheel as an example and I don't think it's a good one. The 2010 steering wheel has a lot of issues. I personally think it looks cool, but it's not so easy on the hands and I drive with it every day. The ergonomic issues were a valid complaint. So you went about fixing it, which is good. But you just replaced one problem with another by swapping in an almost bog standard wheel. So now it feels fine but it doesn't look as nice. That wouldn't have stopped me from buying a new model, but it would bother me every time I looked at it. So both complaints were and are still valid even though people have moved on.

Now as for the styling of the refresh, I am in the camp that doesn't like it. My personal opinion is that the original designer did such a great job that there wasn't much that could be done for a major refresh to improve it. But, like with the steering wheel being out of the parts bin, the business dictated that the styling had to change. I get that. But it still makes me question the taste of the company that let it through and I don't think I could bring myself to buy one again. Just doesn't hit me in the heart the way it used to.

That just goes to show you that a group of perfectly competent people can still turn out a product that has issues. It happens for a lot of reasons. But please, please listen to your customers and evaluate each complaint objectively. Otherwise it can become a slow spiral down. And it has happened before to GM and the other American car companies and it wasn't pretty.
Old 06-09-2013, 05:43 AM   #355
JR3

Drives: Vette, Camaro

That god awful tacky chrome strip has got to go...

It KILLS the looks of the front end.

JR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:04 AM   #356
JR3

Drives: Vette, Camaro

The white car on the left looks ok (WITHOUT the awful chrome stuff)...

But to be honest the Camaro in the middle with the chrome "stuff" is just horrible looking...

It looks so "out of place" and kinda makes no sense of why it's there... It kinda looks like a head brace or something, like the car is injured.
JR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:05 AM   #357
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: Black 2SS/RS 2014; JK Wrangler 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR3 View Post

That god awful tacky chrome strip has got to go...

It KILLS the looks of the front end.

You make me
Old 06-09-2013, 02:51 PM   #358
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2014 Camaro 1LT
The chrome strip isn't as obvious when you see the car in person. :shrug:

meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:40 PM   #359
hcoll003
Proven Wicked Suspension

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Guys, the cars look great! Let's not hate. The chrome front piece is an easy fix, either paint it, plasti-dip, or vinyl. I'm sure the new front bumper is better aerodynamically than our current one.
hcoll003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:53 PM   #360
Cheveey57

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcoll003 View Post
Guys, the cars look great! Let's not hate. The chrome front piece is an easy fix, either paint it, plasti-dip, or vinyl. I'm sure the new front bumper is better aerodynamically than our current one.
That Maybe true but, there is not a lot you can do about the ugly rearend.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:03 AM   #361
GroundhogSS

Drives: '08 Envoy Denali, '06 G35 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheveey57 View Post
That Maybe true but, there is not a lot you can do about the ugly rearend.
I'll bet that the aftermarket will have lots of options available not long after we start seeing 2014's on the street.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:54 AM   #362
BlackMamba88

Drives: 2010 Challenger 345 R/T
If I had my way I'll get a Black 2013 1ss/Rs, Add Recaro Seats with a ZL1 Bodykit & Z28 Wheels I wouldn't change anything on the New Z28, It's PERFECT but I'll have to throw in a Component 6 Speaker Set.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:06 PM   #363
Warpaint69

Drives: 2013 VR 2SS RS
Glad I ran out an ordered a 2013 and its sitting in my garage. The 2014 just isn't for me because I wanted the heritage Grille, the old style SS Emblems, and the concept convertible stripes.

Warpaint69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:39 PM   #364
hcoll003
Proven Wicked Suspension

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I'm gonna start a new thread for those who are interested in retro-fitting 2014 Camaro parts on the early 5th gen Camaros (2010-2013), if it is possible. This thread will be to inform one another.
hcoll003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:26 PM   #365
JAustin

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS auto, SW/tan top/beige
Nice to see that they finally removed the high-mounted / 3rd brake light from the rear deck lid of the convertibles, and integrated it into the rear spoiler (where it should have been all along!). This is one of the few things I dislike about my '11 vert.
JAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:05 PM   #366
velocity149

Drives: 2014 2SS RS LS3
I just bought a Canon Rebel t3i DSLR so i will have better pics of the new colors as SOON as they are off the line!
Old 06-11-2013, 11:10 PM   #367
Cookie Monster
kiss my 14 Tailassghts

Drives: 2014 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity149 View Post
I just bought a Canon Rebel t3i DSLR so i will have better pics of the new colors as SOON as they are off the line!
Last I heard, the new colors were being delaying production until early to mid August. So you could be waiting a minute

Credit to xVengeancex28
Cookie Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:29 AM   #368
moserbe

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Great pics!
Old 06-12-2013, 12:48 AM   #369
tom231

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
I don't understand all the hate about the taillights? The new one's certainly resemble the '69 better than the last one's. They just modernized them a little.

tom231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:37 AM   #370
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom231 View Post
I don't understand all the hate about the taillights? The new one's certainly resemble the '69 better than the last one's. They just modernized them a little.

I cant understand why many fans love old Camaros but still buy the new ones, whenever Chevy posts a survey on Facebook.

Do you want the car to stay old forever ??
Old 06-12-2013, 08:22 AM   #371
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Gray View Post
I cant understand why many fans love old Camaros but still buy the new ones, whenever Chevy posts a survey on Facebook.

Do you want the car to stay old forever ??
That's because when they do the poll all you have to do is "like" for the old school Camaro. You have to share if you vote for new school. People are less likely to do that.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:52 AM   #372
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
That's because when they do the poll all you have to do is "like" for the old school Camaro. You have to share if you vote for new school. People are less likely to do that.
Well thats the point, if they are all in favor of the old one, do they want chevy to think same as dodge and intorduce the old camaro body as the challenger did ???

The 5th generation is awsome !!
Old 06-12-2013, 02:29 PM   #373
tom231

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Gray View Post
Well thats the point, if they are all in favor of the old one, do they want chevy to think same as dodge and intorduce the old camaro body as the challenger did ???

The 5th generation is awsome !!
The 5th generation is based on the 69. Undoubtedly, the most desired of the old school Camaro. It has obviously worked well in terms of sales.
My earlier post about the taillights was based on the fact that this gen.was based on the 69, it only makes sense to bring the taillights closer to that look for the remaining years of this body style. I like them!
tom231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:11 PM   #374
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2014 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom231 View Post

Wait wait wait -- there were Camaros produced PRIOR to 2009?!?!?!?!?!??!

(that's your answer on why all the hate)

meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:58 PM   #375
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrcola View Post
I feel like I need to put my own two cents in here. I understand what you're saying, and I'm sure that an awful lot of that kind of stuff goes on. People hate change, and people love to complain about stupid things. But I think it's really easy to fall into the trap of looking at everything through that lens and ignoring valid criticism.

This immediately came to mind with me because you used the steering wheel as an example and I don't think it's a good one. The 2010 steering wheel has a lot of issues. I personally think it looks cool, but it's not so easy on the hands and I drive with it every day. The ergonomic issues were a valid complaint. So you went about fixing it, which is good. But you just replaced one problem with another by swapping in an almost bog standard wheel. So now it feels fine but it doesn't look as nice. That wouldn't have stopped me from buying a new model, but it would bother me every time I looked at it. So both complaints were and are still valid even though people have moved on.

Now as for the styling of the refresh, I am in the camp that doesn't like it. My personal opinion is that the original designer did such a great job that there wasn't much that could be done for a major refresh to improve it. But, like with the steering wheel being out of the parts bin, the business dictated that the styling had to change. I get that. But it still makes me question the taste of the company that let it through and I don't think I could bring myself to buy one again. Just doesn't hit me in the heart the way it used to.

That just goes to show you that a group of perfectly competent people can still turn out a product that has issues. It happens for a lot of reasons. But please, please listen to your customers and evaluate each complaint objectively. Otherwise it can become a slow spiral down. And it has happened before to GM and the other American car companies and it wasn't pretty.
and I understand what you're saying.

Question: Have you seen the car IN PERSON?

I ask you this because I think you miss the point....ANY TIME you change something on Camaro (or Corvette) you get a lot of negative responses.

I've been at several shows now where we have them on display - and people who didn't like the pics are suddenly liking what they see.

And as to evaluating complaints - I believe we do that. That said, I also think it's appropriate to sometimes bring people 'back to earth' so to speak....and thus my remarks.