Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2013, 08:28 PM   #1
GreaseMonkey
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Austin,Texas
Posts: 70
Went to the dealership today.....

So i'm looking around for a 2011 + camaro with HUD of course and this, I assume new sales guy comes out and ask what Im looking for I proceed to tell him (2LT RS,2SS RS). I then ask him to show me what the payments would be like on a general apr figure . We talk for a little bit he prints out the paper and I say thanks and walk out later on I look at the paper and saw they wanted 35K for a new 2LT I've been doing some intense car shopping and found that I can get a 2SS RS for about 27K Used . Talk about a dealership that overpriced their stuff ....

I apologize if in wrong section .
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:30 PM   #2
MARINE1991


 
MARINE1991's Avatar
 
Drives: COTW 8/29/11 2010 CAMARO
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: hickville NC USA
Posts: 9,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
So i'm looking around for a 2011 + camaro with HUD of course and this, I assume new sales guy comes out and ask what Im looking for I proceed to tell him (2LT RS,2SS RS). I then ask him to show me what the payments would be like on a general apr figure . We talk for a little bit he prints out the paper and I say thanks and walk out later on I look at the paper and saw they wanted 35K for a new 2LT I've been doing some intense car shopping and found that I can get a 2SS RS for about 27K . Talk about a dealership that overpriced their stuff ....

I apologize if in wrong section .
Yea used
MARINE1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:31 PM   #3
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
menendez1293's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tallahassee FL
Posts: 9,014
Was the number on a new 2LT/RS? Because For a brand new 2013 fully loaded 2LT/RS 35K is about MSRP when you add in taxes, dealer fees, and title/registration. There is No way you can find a new 2SS/RS for 27K. If the numbers on that 2LT/RS were for used they really have lost it.
__________________
Proud owner of litho #179 Click Picture for Build Thread
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:36 PM   #4
GreaseMonkey
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Austin,Texas
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
Was the number on a new 2LT/RS? Because For a brand new 2013 fully loaded 2LT/RS 35K is about MSRP when you add in taxes, dealer fees, and title/registration. There is No way you can find a new 2SS/RS for 27K. If the numbers on that 2LT/RS were for used they really have lost it.
The 27K is for a used 2SS with about 16K miles on it , I've seen the same exact car with everything in it for less (2LT)
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:36 PM   #5
Jalberdi99

 
Jalberdi99's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2LT/RS AGM
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: @ ur moms house in VA
Posts: 1,107
I got mine for 32k with taxes and all. I would not pay 35k if I were you
__________________
Jalberdi99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:43 PM   #6
Bonanza7
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 2,364
Sounds like my dealer. He wanted $500 for air in the tires, $900 for a wax job and, $900 for an advertising fee. Not to mention a $400 for neon sign replacement.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:50 PM   #7
GreaseMonkey
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Austin,Texas
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza7 View Post
Sounds like my dealer. He wanted $500 for air in the tires, $900 for a wax job and, $900 for an advertising fee. Not to mention a $400 for neon sign replacement.
You tell him he can go fly a kite ?
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:04 PM   #8
2nd/5th Gen
 
2nd/5th Gen's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: In Hiding.....
Posts: 305
I bought 2010 2ss/rs with 22k miles for 25k even on Christmas last year.
Caught the dealership at the right time. Second owner, full certified car. There is not a single issue with car. Previous owner was a 68 yr old man.
__________________
1971 Cottonwood Green Camaro Z28 Tribute
2010 Cyber Grey 2SS/RS

"If there's a new way, I'd be the first in line, but it better work this time"
2nd/5th Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:41 PM   #9
Glen e

 
Drives: Cyber/Red C7
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 1,914
i don't mind it when a salesperson starts high..after all, sometimes with idiots it works. It where we end up that matters.....
__________________
Glen
2LT C7 Cyber/Red
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:06 PM   #10
solo40oz
 
solo40oz's Avatar
 
Drives: My wife crazy
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Austin
Posts: 701
My advice....shop around in San Antonio, Dallas or Houston.....I have not had pleasant experiences with most of the Austin dealers
solo40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:34 PM   #11
GreaseMonkey
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Austin,Texas
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by solo40oz View Post
My advice....shop around in San Antonio, Dallas or Houston.....I have not had pleasant experiences with most of the Austin dealers
Well thats where I am right now and went to go look at the AutoNation chevy close to clear lake I believe
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:39 PM   #12
RoadieWingZ
 
RoadieWingZ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Black Camaro 1LS
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
So i'm looking around for a 2011 + camaro with HUD of course and this, I assume new sales guy comes out and ask what Im looking for I proceed to tell him (2LT RS,2SS RS). I then ask him to show me what the payments would be like on a general apr figure . We talk for a little bit he prints out the paper and I say thanks and walk out later on I look at the paper and saw they wanted 35K for a new 2LT I've been doing some intense car shopping and found that I can get a 2SS RS for about 27K Used . Talk about a dealership that overpriced their stuff ....

I apologize if in wrong section .
Capitol, Henna or Auto Nation? Auto Nation was way overstocked on Camaros last time I was there, so should be ready to unload '13's since 14's arriving.... Suggest you call also Covert in Bastrop before pulling trigger as I believe they will significantly beat any Austin price. My son bought a truck there a few months back and got a killer deal. We were dealing directly with Chance Covert via a family friend who's a friend of the Covert family so got really sweet pricing, though he made it clear he'd do whatever it takes to beat Austin dealerships for any deal through his company.
__________________


2013 Camaro LS
RoadieWingZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:41 PM   #13
Pluto
 
Pluto's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South Texas
Posts: 383
AutoNation in Corpus Christi gave me a pretty good deal on mine. Before the trade in I went from $40,200 to $36,800. I even got a 1.9% apr. After trade in, TTL, I paid $21,620 out the door. $318.66/Month.
__________________
2013 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3

Small, but effective mod list:

Roto-Fab Intake, Muffler Delete, Elite Catch Can, APEX washer relocation and scoop, VMAX throttle body, and a JacFab license plate bracket.
Pluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:56 PM   #14
GreaseMonkey
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Austin,Texas
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadieWingZ View Post
Capitol, Henna or Auto Nation? Auto Nation was way overstocked on Camaros last time I was there, so should be ready to unload '13's since 14's arriving.... Suggest you call also Covert in Bastrop before pulling trigger as I believe they will significantly beat any Austin price. My son bought a truck there a few months back and got a killer deal. We were dealing directly with Chance Covert via a family friend who's a friend of the Covert family so got really sweet pricing, though he made it clear he'd do whatever it takes to beat Austin dealerships for any deal through his company.
Wonder if that extends out to people that arent some what of a friend .
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:07 PM   #15
wakespeak
 
Drives: 2013 2SS LS3/NPP
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 586
Trade in is high 20s for 2013 2ss. New don't pay more than mid 30s. Just go to cars.com.
wakespeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:31 PM   #16
RoadieWingZ
 
RoadieWingZ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Black Camaro 1LS
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
Wonder if that extends out to people that arent some what of a friend .
It should as far as beating any Austin price. If you have seen something you like, give them a call and compare. Even if not actual "friends and family" pricing, I think you'll still trim off $1000 - $2000 or more off the Austin price for upper $20's into the mid-$30's range. I definitely plan to work with them on my next vehicle as they don't play the games you see in other dealers.
__________________


2013 Camaro LS
RoadieWingZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:42 AM   #17
Q'smuscle
life with muscle
 
Q'smuscle's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Riverside,ca
Posts: 3,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd/5th Gen View Post
I bought 2010 2ss/rs with 22k miles for 25k even on Christmas last year.
Caught the dealership at the right time. Second owner, full certified car. There is not a single issue with car. Previous owner was a 68 yr old man.
man, that's unbelievable! they just gave you the car you're the lucky one
__________________
Chevy's nothing Else matters
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:03 AM   #18
lurker
 
Drives: 2013 Challenger SXT Redline
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: South Texas
Posts: 230
When you go in there and immediately talk about 'payments and APR', you're just asking them to bend you over right from the start. Get the pricing agreed to FIRST, then it's easier to see how they're trying to screw you over on the financing.
lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:21 AM   #19
SeriouslySinning
 
SeriouslySinning's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro 2LT 3.6 V6
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalberdi99 View Post
I got mine for 32k with taxes and all. I would not pay 35k if I were you
Yeah I think I was around 31 or 32 for my 2LT
__________________

Seriously Sinning - "Veronica"
Commandment 11 - Thou shall not travel slowly.
SeriouslySinning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:32 PM   #20
jkchambless
Austin LT
 
jkchambless's Avatar
 
Drives: 1LT - Airaid,JBA Axleback,VMax PTB
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
When you go in there and immediately talk about 'payments and APR', you're just asking them to bend you over right from the start. Get the pricing agreed to FIRST, then it's easier to see how they're trying to screw you over on the financing.
Absolutely correct....line up your financing first at your bank or credit union and then go in talking CASH TODAY....money talks.....
jkchambless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:05 PM   #21
Frank in MD
Raining Blood
 
Frank in MD's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: facebook
Posts: 2,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
i don't mind it when a salesperson starts high..after all, sometimes with idiots it works. It where we end up that matters.....
There goes Glen using logic and reason again.... you're going to get in to trouble eventually w/ that.
__________________
Ordered 1/9/12 - Born 2/3/12 - Delivered 2/21/12 - '12 1SS/RS Summit White - TRADED.

2014 SS Performance Sedan - Red Hot 2 - Black Leather. S/R. Full size spare.
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:09 PM   #22
Wabbit

 
Wabbit's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2LT/RS SIM/Grey lnt/Sun/Nav
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: In my car as much as I can
Posts: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
You tell him he can go fly a kite ?
There was an extra fee for that.
__________________
Rally Stripes - Check
Hockey Stripes - Check
Gills - Check
Ambient Lighting - Saving my $$$ now
Wabbit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:17 PM   #23
Est.July.4.1776
The pride of the CN
 
Est.July.4.1776's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 AGM 2SS/RS M6 & '70 Chevelle SS
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Genesee County, Michigan
Posts: 583
Uh... I paid 39 flat, taxes and everything, for my 2SS/RS with sunroof, stripes, polished wheels, NPP, lighted cupholders, embroidered center console, and a short throw Hurst... Apparently they found some really good drugs and aren't sharing with you.
__________________
"I've been working on the railroad, all mother f###ing day." ...and yeah, we hauled your Camaro.

Class 1 Freight Rail Conductor - Master Mason - NRA Life Member - Tennessee Squire - Firefighter I & II Certified

My other ride has 4,400+hp and corners like it's on rails... because it is.
Est.July.4.1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 01:47 AM   #24
SinisSick
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 ss
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: NorCal
Posts: 635
lol i walked into my dealership to look at a 10' SS Convertible with 30K miles they wanted 35K for it and it wasnt in good condition at all.....lmfao, I just walked right out.

I picked up a 10' SS with 10K miles with some aftermarket goodies for 27K
SinisSick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:45 AM   #25
BluePhoenix

 
BluePhoenix's Avatar
 
Drives: 5th gen Camaro again in few months
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 1,295
MSRP on new 2LT's really are in the $34k-$35k range, ridiculous but truth. That's where people really have to decide if they rather have creature comforts or 1SS V8 power for the same price. For anyone that would prefer the V8 you're better off buying the 1SS, then settling for a 2LT. Drives me nuts that people make the buying a new 2LT V6 choice then live to regret not getting a new SS instead two months later. The smartest decision one could make is to not settle on a car.
BluePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.