Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Anthony @ LG Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing Discussions on mechanical maintenance and servicing of your Camaro

Old 05-31-2013, 06:52 PM   #1
Glen e

Drives: Cyber/Red C7
resetting the car?

touching the batt cables together when disconnected, is a way many cars reset (like a PC does ctrl-alt-del)...does that hold true for our 5th gen?

see here:

http://rl.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=847010
Old 06-13-2013, 11:27 PM   #2
Midlife conVert

Drives: Black 2LT Convertible
I don't know about resetting the car?????
Shorting the pos+ and neg - cable will just accelerate the bleed off of the stored energy of any of the capacitors in the system.

Would I do it? NO, sending current to ground too fast could damage something. Should it hurt anything? NO, I would think not and that would be basically engineered into the circuitry. If you wanted to get rid of all stored power from battery powered system. Pull the cables and let the capacitors bleed in their own time.

This will not reset devises with lithium batteries powering them or any non volatile memory.

IMHO