Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2013, 10:20 AM   #127
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: Z06, GS or ZL1?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody6.2 View Post
And you still fail to realize that no one else other than the same people have replied in here. Out of those same people there are the senior citizens, guys who think GM knows what they're doing and you. With that being said you all fit into a category of folks that will never think they're wrong.

When you have to stretch a tire for handling characteristics you've failed in chassis design, unless you're drifting. A 285 tire has no place on a 11" rim, period. The complete failure of even one or two tires says enough to back this up. A few folks thinking otherwise means nothing as these are facts.
I've only been here recently. I'm neither old or young. And a 285/35/20 wheel fits either a 10" or 11" wheel, and is not considered stretched at 11". Your arguments are of your own imagination, they are assumptions and not based on facts.
__________________
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:20 AM   #128
racerx1214
 
Drives: 2013 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Akron, Ohio
Posts: 201
:fart:
racerx1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:30 AM   #129
BigBlock69RS
Ed
 
BigBlock69RS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody6.2 View Post
It makes me laugh when people get their panties so tightly wadded thet they need to single people out and call them a troll. My reply was based on the OP's question and so far is a more ligit answer than anything else. Regardless of what a few "wanna be" experts in here think stretching the rear tire is a piss poor way of tuning handling. If this chassis was the God send people thought it was they'd be tuning understeer out with swaybar, damper or spring changes.

Does one need any more proof than threads about the sidewalls ripping on tires to re-consider stretching? Like I just said if you experts were just that we'd be talking about chassis tuning and the same tire/wheel combo on all four corners.
You might want to Look at thy own panties first sir, you will find them nicely wadded.

Case in Point, now many posts do you have in this thread? How many calling people out for being stupid?

Maybe if you know so much, you should go apply at Chevy and replace all those dumb engineers you claim they have there. I'm sure Chevy wouldn't mind saving all that money and hiring you, with all your great ideas, that prove everyone wrong!

Shit or get off the pot dude. Grow some maturity and sack first then come back. But we both know you are incapable of that, and so will continue to troll this board.
__________________
BigBlock69RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:32 AM   #130
Cody6.2
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post
Kid. I do believe I am older than you. I will also take that bet on number of cars owned, I just don't feel the need to try to share to impress anyone here. We could actually go W2s, bank accounts, investments, deeds to property owned or any other means of feeling self worth? OR do you just want to whip "them" out and lay them on the table and be done with the internet games?

I will say I have read some of your other post including the air filter (LS3 vs ZL1) and found them interesting as I know what you are trying to do and I like the thought process behind it. But your attitude and lack of ability control to the diarrhea you spout from you mouth when you don't like or agree with something really shows your true colors as a bitter person.

Let also clarify since you seem to be a stickler for being correct. I did not say "add power", I stated they had proven power increases. CAI have two functions; Remove restriction and pick up cooler air. By removing restrictions (primarily designed to conform to NVH requirements) allows more air (cfm) into the intake and then combustion cambers. Cooler air is also more dense than hot hair so by adding larger or additional pick up points or sealing off heat from the engine cooler air can be ingested at the inlet. Combine these two (cool air and less restrictions) and this additional metered air "informs" the ECU that more fuel is needed. This frees up or allows the engine to "make" more power. They have been beneficial on a stock motor without tuning, hence the proven power increases I stated.

I will now return to my Kid job in my Kid office, you can go back to playing on the internet from the seat of your fully automated corn or soybean picking combine in Nebraska......(New Combines are way more impressive and pricey than all of your cars you have had in the last five years....Did I mention I own couple hundred acres of farm land in North Dakota...oh wait "Kids" don't own property or do any of that adult type investing stuff)

If you track your car on a road course stock leave the 285s on the back because they work as designed (per my personal experience) The car turns in, rotates as needed and puts the stock power down just fine when the tires are up to temp.....If you add more power and put the 305s on. (I have not done this yet but plan to later)

Good day sir!

Had I been in your position I'd be more worried why someone would assume I was a kid. Kind of like how you call finances internet games yet are the one who brought them up. Trust me you don't want me to make you look bad so I'll just pretend you didn't.

As for CAI kits you read way too much into things but hey someone needs to buy the shit. As I previously stated once and engine is able to pull in enough air and at a proper flow rate there will be no more gains, period. There's nothing else to debate or argue as that's just how it works regardless of what either of us say. On that note actual air intake temps mean very little as most issues stem from a IAT being heat soaked.

There isn't even a need to respond to your attempts at insulting the state I choose to reside in. It's downright funny to watch you sit here and tell me how ignorant I am yet look at this crap.
Cody6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:34 AM   #131
Cody6.2
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
I've only been here recently. I'm neither old or young. And a 285/35/20 wheel fits either a 10" or 11" wheel, and is not considered stretched at 11". Your arguments are of your own imagination, they are assumptions and not based on facts.
This whole thread is about the stretched rear tires on the 1LE. The word stretched has been used more than 20 times by everyone. Yet somehow a 285/35/20 isn't what you consider stretched on a 11" wide wheel?

Are you ****ing blind?
Cody6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:35 AM   #132
racerx1214
 
Drives: 2013 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Akron, Ohio
Posts: 201
Dude.
racerx1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:40 AM   #133
Cody6.2
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerx1214 View Post
Dude.
Come on I expected more completely off topic bullshit about Nebraska like I give a ****.
Cody6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:46 AM   #134
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: Z06, GS or ZL1?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody6.2 View Post
If this chassis was the God send people thought it was they'd be tuning understeer out with swaybar, damper or spring changes.

Does one need any more proof than threads about the sidewalls ripping on tires to re-consider stretching? Like I just said if you experts were just that we'd be talking about chassis tuning and the same tire/wheel combo on all four corners.
The sedan chassis the Camaro is based on is extremely rigid. Unfortunately adding to its weight (along with the IRS). However this very rigid structure is the perfect starting point for building a great suspension from, since it allows the suspension to work to its fullest. On the 1LE they used light weight forged wheels. Changed to heavier duty sways, and added mono-tube shocks to the rear of the car. After all these changes and many hours of tuning they played with tire sizes to have the best control possible (with factory safety in mind). The final outcome is that it bested the "best" Ford hase ever done (their words). And all this is available for $37K.
__________________
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:49 AM   #135
Bauer2
 
Bauer2's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE and 2009 R1
Join Date: May 2013
Location: DFW
Posts: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
The sedan chassis the Camaro is based on is extremely rigid. Unfortunately adding to its weight (along with the IRS). However this very rigid structure is the perfect starting point for building a great suspension from, since it allows the suspension to work to its fullest. On the 1LE they used light weight forged wheels. Changed to heavier duty sways, and added mono-tube shocks to the rear of the car. After all these changes and many hours of tuning they played with tire sizes to have the best control possible (with factory safety in mind). The final outcome is that it bested the "best" Ford hase ever done (their words). And all this is available for $37K.
I saw that on mythbusters too
Bauer2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:52 AM   #136
Arodr395
 
Arodr395's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Black Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 406
I'm learning a lot out of this thread .
Arodr395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:52 AM   #137
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: Z06, GS or ZL1?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody6.2 View Post
This whole thread is about the stretched rear tires on the 1LE. The word stretched has been used more than 20 times by everyone. Yet somehow a 285/35/20 isn't what you consider stretched on a 11" wide wheel?

Are you ****ing blind?
So you get angry when you have no facts. The thread was an inquiry into using a larger tire on the rear.

Yes some are calling it stretched, however according to the tire charts an 11" wheel is not considered stretching for this tire size.

I've stated enough "facts". Some people just cannot be enlightened.
__________________
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:58 AM   #138
Bauer2
 
Bauer2's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE and 2009 R1
Join Date: May 2013
Location: DFW
Posts: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
So you get angry when you have no facts. The thread was an inquiry into using a larger tire on the rear.

Yes some are calling it stretched, however according to the tire charts an 11" wheel is not considered stretching for this tire size.

I've stated enough "facts". Some people just cannot be enlightened.
Its because ignorance is bliss and learning is hard.
Apparently being able to see something besides your own point of view is hard to do as well especially when facts get in the way.
Bauer2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:12 AM   #139
Ajdin@A2BMotorsport
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Waterloo
Posts: 609
http://www.caranddriver.com/features...o-2013-page-10

I think the point that the 1LE is in front of the Viper SRT10 and the Porsche 911 GT3 and other much more expensive kinda leads me to believe that the engineers did some testing and were on to something.

Also it beat the Boss 302 Laguna Seca and the 2011 GT500 as well... goes to show even if Ford throw handling and more power at a car it still cant handle worth a shit.
Ajdin@A2BMotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:31 PM   #140
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28
 
Dropspeed's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Suburbs of Detroit, MI
Posts: 2,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody6.2 View Post
Had I been in your position I'd be more worried why someone would assume I was a kid. Kind of like how you call finances internet games yet are the one who brought them up. Trust me you don't want me to make you look bad so I'll just pretend you didn't.
Pretty sure you stated you owned more cars than me to prove a self worth of some sort or a sign of knowledge???....I just retorted with my twisted sense of humor. So sorry it stung a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody6.2 View Post
As for CAI kits you read way too much into things but hey someone needs to buy the shit. As I previously stated once and engine is able to pull in enough air and at a proper flow rate there will be no more gains, period. There's nothing else to debate or argue as that's just how it works regardless of what either of us say. On that note actual air intake temps mean very little as most issues stem from a IAT being heat soaked.
I don't read anything and believe it. I look at data on a road course acquired in my personal vehicles because that is the only thing that matters to me as the street and dyno will yield different results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody6.2 View Post
There isn't even a need to respond to your attempts at insulting the state I choose to reside in. It's downright funny to watch you sit here and tell me how ignorant I am yet look at this crap.
Oh you got me!...If I say you win will you leave? PS: I never said you were ignorant....I said you were bitter, which I stand behind.


We can skip past all of the above and go straight for some good old fashion facts.

Have you owned a 1LE?
Have you driven a 1LE on a track?

I will assume no to both as you stated you owned a 45th and then tried to build or were going to build something using factory parts and then pulled the plug.

You (and I) both know that no matter how many engineers or sales people say something will work on paper or in theory that it does not always translate into the real world. In this case, the 285 tire set-up works on the 1LE in stock form. There is not much left to argue if it works.
__________________
Dropspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.