Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

sjm autoprod
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 06-03-2013, 03:39 PM   #113
Walker_1LE

Drives: VR, 1SS/1LE, NPP, Camera, 1 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by white1LE View Post
I don't road race so I installed the 305's for looks and grip in a straight line. Someone already said it, wider body needs a fatter tire as far as appearance goes.
Completely agree with white1LE. Had the 305's put on before I picked mine up. Gives the car a better look!
Walker_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:58 PM   #114
Arodr395

Drives: 2014 Black Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker_1LE View Post
Completely agree with white1LE. Had the 305's put on before I picked mine up. Gives the car a better look!
I think I might do the same. How much was it to change the rear tires to 305's?
Arodr395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:09 PM   #115
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Z06, GS or ZL1?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody6.2 View Post
11 vs 11.5 with a 305 tire isn't near the stretch if any at all compared to the 10 vs 11 with a 285 on the 1LE.

And...

Point is the Z/28 (with newly designed rims) rides on staggered rims as well...meaning it must be desired.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:03 PM   #116
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
The reasons for the tire selection have been proven to enhance handling. Read the suspension forum, as it's been covered there as well.

In any case, you guys are arguing with the guy that won't use a CAI because it "looks stupid".

Don't feed the Trolls.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:44 PM   #117
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Too funny. A guy buys a Mustang but hangs out on the Camaro forum. It is clearly not for the friends he has here.

Now I will say that in kneebraska he probably has a choice of shoveling cow poo or running his buddies modified diesal truck down highway 211 so a Mustang is a great choice.

He may have purchased it to pick up some corn feed females. And of course we all know chicks love Mustangs (because that is who drives most of them) .

Seriously Cody. The above added about as much value to this thread as you!

Back to tires, suspension, 1LE set-up ect. I have tracked my 1LE and then spoke with Aaron Link and Al Oppenheisur this past weekend about. I was happy with all of the responses and Insite I received as they where forthcoming about the why and why nots to do certain things to the car. I am confident in speaking with them and having my own background in roadracing and car prep that they are more than engineers but also enthusiasts.

The 1LE performs very well in stock form with the 285 all the way around. Add more power and toss on the 305. (If you are going to track it).

I will only agree with you on one point. I am not a fan of the way the clear cover intake looks even with its proven power increases :(

-Matt
Old 06-03-2013, 10:12 PM   #118
Cody6.2

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlock69RS View Post
You guys are wasting your time by feeding the troll. He is obviously just here to prove everyone wrong and how much smarter he is than everyone else.

This is with his obviously superior Bench-racing Internet experience, that he got from something someone said on a rustang board once, so it much be true. And he knows in his deepest most inner-secret place, that if we just listened, our eyes would be opened to how true everything he says is. Then we would all bow down and give him the worship, he obviously thinks he justly deserves.

It makes me laugh when people get their panties so tightly wadded thet they need to single people out and call them a troll. My reply was based on the OP's question and so far is a more ligit answer than anything else. Regardless of what a few "wanna be" experts in here think stretching the rear tire is a piss poor way of tuning handling. If this chassis was the God send people thought it was they'd be tuning understeer out with swaybar, damper or spring changes.

Does one need any more proof than threads about the sidewalls ripping on tires to re-consider stretching? Like I just said if you experts were just that we'd be talking about chassis tuning and the same tire/wheel combo on all four corners.
Cody6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:22 PM   #119
Cody6.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post
Too funny. A guy buys a Mustang but hangs out on the Camaro forum. It is clearly not for the friends he has here.

Now I will say that in kneebraska he probably has a choice of shoveling cow poo or running his buddies modified diesal truck down highway 211 so a Mustang is a great choice.

He may have purchased it to pick up some corn feed females. And of course we all know chicks love Mustangs (because that is who drives most of them) .

Seriously Cody. The above added about as much value to this thread as you!

Back to tires, suspension, 1LE set-up ect. I have tracked my 1LE and then spoke with Aaron Link and Al Oppenheisur this past weekend about. I was happy with all of the responses and Insite I received as they where forthcoming about the why and why nots to do certain things to the car. I am confident in speaking with them and having my own background in roadracing and car prep that they are more than engineers but also enthusiasts.

The 1LE performs very well in stock form with the 285 all the way around. Add more power and toss on the 305. (If you are going to track it).

I will only agree with you on one point. I am not a fan of the way the clear cover intake looks even with its proven power increases :(

-Matt
Kid I've had more cars in the last five years than you've had period. Most recently a 2006 GTO, 2007 C6 Z51 and 2012 Camaro SS 45th AE. I got rid of my Camaro purly because the styling just never grew on me. It was a good from far, far from good car in my opinion. As for the designers/engineers of the Camaro you're giving them way too much credit.

As for intakes most that "add power" do so because of the tune accompaning it. But lets say they really did add massive power they still don't need to look stupid to do so.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:23 PM   #120
racerx1214

Drives: 2013 1LE
Bro.

The hole you have dug just keeps getting deeper. I don't think anyone takes you seriously anymore.
racerx1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:26 PM   #121
racerx1214

Drives: 2013 1LE
Quote:
As for the designers/engineers of the Camaro you're giving them way too much credit.

Yes.

Next time lets have some dumb hillbilly from Nebraska design the camaro.

Maybe it will come factory with 15" cragar SS's
racerx1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:44 PM   #122
DeeBlayer

Drives: 2013 ZL1 coupe manual victory red
I'd like to see a big plywood spoiler and a tow hitch.
DeeBlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:25 AM   #123
Cody6.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerx1214 View Post
Bro.

The hole you have dug just keeps getting deeper. I don't think anyone takes you seriously anymore.
And you still fail to realize that no one else other than the same people have replied in here. Out of those same people there are the senior citizens, guys who think GM knows what they're doing and you. With that being said you all fit into a category of folks that will never think they're wrong.

When you have to stretch a tire for handling characteristics you've failed in chassis design, unless you're drifting. A 285 tire has no place on a 11" rim, period. The complete failure of even one or two tires says enough to back this up. A few folks thinking otherwise means nothing as these are facts.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:26 AM   #124
Cody6.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerx1214 View Post
Yes.

Next time lets have some dumb hillbilly from Nebraska design the camaro.

Maybe it will come factory with 15" cragar SS's
I just realized someone from Ohio was making fun of people in Nebraska.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:39 AM   #125
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Kid I've had more cars in the last five years than you've had period. Most recently a 2006 GTO, 2007 C6 Z51 and 2012 Camaro SS 45th AE. I got rid of my Camaro purly because the styling just never grew on me. It was a good from far, far from good car in my opinion. As for the designers/engineers of the Camaro you're giving them way too much credit.

As for intakes most that "add power" do so because of the tune accompaning it. But lets say they really did add massive power they still don't need to look stupid to do so.

Kid. I do believe I am older than you. I will also take that bet on number of cars owned, I just don't feel the need to try to share to impress anyone here. We could actually go W2s, bank accounts, investments, deeds to property owned or any other means of feeling self worth? OR do you just want to whip "them" out and lay them on the table and be done with the internet games?

I will say I have read some of your other post including the air filter (LS3 vs ZL1) and found them interesting as I know what you are trying to do and I like the thought process behind it. But your attitude and lack of ability control to the diarrhea you spout from you mouth when you don't like or agree with something really shows your true colors as a bitter person.

Let also clarify since you seem to be a stickler for being correct. I did not say "add power", I stated they had proven power increases. CAI have two functions; Remove restriction and pick up cooler air. By removing restrictions (primarily designed to conform to NVH requirements) allows more air (cfm) into the intake and then combustion cambers. Cooler air is also more dense than hot hair so by adding larger or additional pick up points or sealing off heat from the engine cooler air can be ingested at the inlet. Combine these two (cool air and less restrictions) and this additional metered air "informs" the ECU that more fuel is needed. This frees up or allows the engine to "make" more power. They have been beneficial on a stock motor without tuning, hence the proven power increases I stated.

I will now return to my Kid job in my Kid office, you can go back to playing on the internet from the seat of your fully automated corn or soybean picking combine in Nebraska......(New Combines are way more impressive and pricey than all of your cars you have had in the last five years....Did I mention I own couple hundred acres of farm land in North Dakota...oh wait "Kids" don't own property or do any of that adult type investing stuff)

If you track your car on a road course stock leave the 285s on the back because they work as designed (per my personal experience) The car turns in, rotates as needed and puts the stock power down just fine when the tires are up to temp.....If you add more power and put the 305s on. (I have not done this yet but plan to later)

Good day sir!
Old 06-04-2013, 10:01 AM   #126
Bauer2

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE and 2009 R1
Quote:
And you still fail to realize that no one else other than the same people have replied in here. Out of those same people there are the senior citizens, guys who think GM knows what they're doing and you. With that being said you all fit into a category of folks that will never think they're wrong.

When you have to stretch a tire for handling characteristics you've failed in chassis design, unless you're drifting. A 285 tire has no place on a 11" rim, period. The complete failure of even one or two tires says enough to back this up. A few folks thinking otherwise means nothing as these are facts.

See what you fail to relize is sometimes we find out things work better when used in a fashion that was never even thought of in the first place.
Just because you design something a certain way doesn't mean you can't find out later it works even better than intended in a diffrent application. How do you think progress is made in most cases. (saw it on mythbusters so its gotta be true!!)

None of this says design flaw to me but then again I'm smart enough to understand when someone has more knowledge about a subject than myself. However I do enjoy reading your post because it reminds me how lucky I am to not be a mental midget!!
Bauer2 is offline   Reply With Quote