Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 06-02-2013, 09:39 AM   #1
Toms2010

Drives: 2010 2LT
P0430 CEL

I threw this code, along with misfire codes, after doing the seafoam treatment a couple weeks ago. Yesterday got around to clearing them out. Today the O2 sensor code came back on.

Since getting the car in December, I put on a vararam intake and custom exhaust replacing the H pipe with the Res X, 2.5" tubing in place of the 2.25" and mufflers.

I could understand getting the code if I changed exhaust manifolds or cats, but did not touch either.

Any ideas? Car has 31K miles on it. Is my daily driver and I run 93 in her.

I searched the board and it seemed the only time people have problems with it is with LT headers.
Vararam CAI - Modern Muscle Ported Throttle Body - Vmax Black Iceolator - Custom Exhaust - Magnaflow Res X 11386 - 2.5" Pipe from X on Back - Magnaflow Round Mufflers 10416 - Lime Green Hood Spears - Lime Green Gill Stripes - SJM AutoProd Sequential Turn Signals - SJM AutoProd Always On DRL Fog Lights

Last edited by Toms2010; 06-08-2013 at 07:40 AM. Reason: Change Subject line.
Toms2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:36 AM   #2
DarkneSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toms2010 View Post
I threw this code, along with misfire codes, after doing the seafoam treatment a couple weeks ago. Yesterday got around to clearing them out. Today the O2 sensor code came back on.

Since getting the car in December, I put on a vararam intake and custom exhaust replacing the H pipe with the Res X, 2.5" tubing in place of the 2.25" and mufflers.

I could understand getting the code if I changed exhaust manifolds or cats, but did not touch either.

Any ideas? Car has 31K miles on it. Is my daily driver and I run 93 in her.

I searched the board and it seemed the only time people have problems with it is with LT headers.
I've also been having misfires 400 miles after seafoam but one specific cylinder. I'm wondering if all the crap seafoam burns out might mess up spark plugs because one of mine appears to be damaged.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:46 AM   #3
Toms2010

Back on this. Got the CEL again yesterday. Was running the vararam breather previously but since the CEL came on, decided to go ahead and install the RX breather to see if the unmetered breather was messing up anything. That was not the case. I only noticed my gas mileage went back down. Think it was from where I got the gas though. Will have to fill up at my trusted station this weekend and see what the gas mileage does.

A friend of mine said a CAI could cause the O2 to burn out, but could not really explain how it could happen.

Now I am wondering if I caused one to burn out by seafoaming the intake.

Anyway, will keep checking different things, including seeing if the cats have changed color from high temps to make sure they are not plugged soon as I can get it off the ground. Do not think it is the cats being completely bad as there is no rotten egg smell.

If nothing else, will call the dealer and set up an appointment.

If anyone has any ideas, I would love hearing them.
Vararam CAI - Modern Muscle Ported Throttle Body - Vmax Black Iceolator - Custom Exhaust - Magnaflow Res X 11386 - 2.5" Pipe from X on Back - Magnaflow Round Mufflers 10416 - Lime Green Hood Spears - Lime Green Gill Stripes - SJM AutoProd Sequential Turn Signals - SJM AutoProd Always On DRL Fog Lights
Old 06-08-2013, 09:16 AM   #4
TooCool5
Resident Gearhead

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
I would clean the MAF, get a tank of 87 and do a 5 & 20 fuse pull and see what happens.
Old 06-09-2013, 12:38 PM   #5
DarkneSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooCool5 View Post
I would clean the MAF, get a tank of 87 and do a 5 & 20 fuse pull and see what happens.
+1 try that because its possible the seafoam snuck back into your intake when you put it in the manifold. I had my intake off when I seafoamed and I'm glad because a considerable amount poured right back out and would have went right into my vararam.
Old 06-09-2013, 12:53 PM   #6
Toms2010

Cleaned the MAF this AM. Already had full tank, so no getting 87 yet.

If it hits again, will call the dealer and make an appointment.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:29 PM   #7
mulehead7
stubborn as a ...

Drives: '94 TA, 2010 1LT/RS
I was getting some misfire and misfire codes. Never got the P0430 however. I ended up changing the MAF and it solved my problem. I had 35k on my car. New Bosch MAF was $90 shipped from O'Reilly's. I'm not smart enough to know all the solutions to your problem but you asked for suggestions. I was running a Vararam when mine failed. Did any Seafoam get into the Vararam?
Old 06-09-2013, 08:36 PM   #8
Toms2010

Very possible seafoam got into the vararam. Cleaned the MAF today and did the fuse pull. If it comes back will just call the dealer and let them figure it out. About 30K miles on mine. Bought used and for the first time ever, bought the extra warranty they were offering. Thinking I am glad I did now.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:37 PM   #9
ChadG

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulehead7 View Post
I was getting some misfire and misfire codes. Never got the P0430 however. I ended up changing the MAF and it solved my problem. I had 35k on my car. New Bosch MAF was $90 shipped from O'Reilly's. I'm not smart enough to know all the solutions to your problem but you asked for suggestions. I was running a Vararam when mine failed. Did any Seafoam get into the Vararam?
Nice it's good to know a new MAF isn't that expensive . . . I accidentally dropped mine while cleaning it.

Still working fine . . . for the moment.
ChadG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:59 PM   #10
Toms2010

Maf and Fuse Pull did not work. Called the dealer and they want 135.00 just to eval the situation. Time to put the extended warranty to work.
Old 06-17-2013, 03:29 PM   #11
Toms2010

Update: Cat is bad. Covered by warranty and will have the car back tomorrow.
Along with a fixed tire which seem to go flat in the dealers parking lot.

Surprised one went out so soon, but all is possible in this wonderful world of ours.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:34 PM   #12
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toms2010 View Post
Update: Cat is bad. Covered by warranty and will have the car back tomorrow.
Along with a fixed tire which seem to go flat in the dealers parking lot.

Surprised one went out so soon, but all is possible in this wonderful world of ours.
Really appreciate the update Toms2010,

Happy to hear that the repair is nearing completion and you'll be back in your DD tomorrow. You are more than welcome to message us anytime if you experience any other concerns with your vehicle.

All the best,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:48 PM   #13
HopeRidesAlone

Drives: 2010 Camaro Black 2SS/RS
I was in the same boat i had a cat go back around 3400 miles in the V6 when i had it

2010 Black 2SS/RS - Feesler side skirt, Feesler Spoiler, Feesler carbon fiber bowties, H&R Lowering Springs.
HopeRidesAlone is offline   Reply With Quote