Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2013, 02:37 PM   #1
Nutro


 
Nutro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 3,332
L99 lifter tick service bulletin? *Updated*

Anyone have that TSB for that?
__________________
2011 L99 W/ Kooks Long Tubes, Ported TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Apex Catch can, Stainless Works 3" ZL-1 Catback, Overdriven Maggie @10 Pounds boost putting down 501/535 on a conservative tune. Oh and Forgestar 20's

Last edited by Nutro; 06-11-2013 at 12:56 PM.
Nutro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:30 PM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutro View Post
Anyone have that TSB for that?
Greetings Nutro,

Are you currently experiencing the lifter tick concern? I would be happy to research any open recalls for you if you private message me your VIN!

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:53 PM   #3
Nutro


 
Nutro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Greetings Nutro,

Are you currently experiencing the lifter tick concern? I would be happy to research any open recalls for you if you private message me your VIN!

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
VIN sent.
__________________
2011 L99 W/ Kooks Long Tubes, Ported TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Apex Catch can, Stainless Works 3" ZL-1 Catback, Overdriven Maggie @10 Pounds boost putting down 501/535 on a conservative tune. Oh and Forgestar 20's
Nutro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:11 PM   #4
RaiderSS
 
RaiderSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2 DeadBLK
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 461
I started hearing a rattle as well... worse during cold start, but diapears after 4 or 5 seconds
__________________
RaiderSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:31 PM   #5
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutro View Post
VIN sent.
Appreciate it!

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:33 PM   #6
Nutro


 
Nutro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 3,332
Well, as usual, the dealer is worthless. After this Camaro, I am done with Chevy. I hate to say it but yeah. We have only ever owned GM cars and currently own 4 of them. Of those 4, 3 of them have a lifter tick (All LS based motors) and the Camaro is the newest.

The dealer just called and said "Well, we can't hear it so there is nothing we can do for you"

Awesome! So now I have a POS sounding vehicle on startup. GREAT advertising, morons.
__________________
2011 L99 W/ Kooks Long Tubes, Ported TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Apex Catch can, Stainless Works 3" ZL-1 Catback, Overdriven Maggie @10 Pounds boost putting down 501/535 on a conservative tune. Oh and Forgestar 20's

Last edited by Nutro; 06-05-2013 at 07:48 PM.
Nutro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:42 PM   #7
bw26ss
Banned
 
Drives: ss camaro
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: usa
Posts: 876
i have never owned an ls based engine that didn't have some lifter noise, the l99 in my camaro is by far the quietest ls engine i have owned, i remember the ls1 nightmares with piston slap
bw26ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:48 PM   #8
Nutro


 
Nutro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by bw26ss View Post
i have never owned an ls based engine that didn't have some lifter noise, the l99 in my camaro is by far the quietest ls engine i have owned, i remember the ls1 nightmares with piston slap
Oh I remember that too haha. Admittedly the Camaro is the quietest but you'd think they work that out by now.
__________________
2011 L99 W/ Kooks Long Tubes, Ported TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Apex Catch can, Stainless Works 3" ZL-1 Catback, Overdriven Maggie @10 Pounds boost putting down 501/535 on a conservative tune. Oh and Forgestar 20's
Nutro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:02 PM   #9
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutro View Post
Well, as usual, the dealer is worthless. After this Camaro, I am done with Chevy. I hate to say it but yeah. We have only ever owned GM cars and currently own 4 of them. Of those 4, 3 of them have a lifter tick (All LS based motors) and the Camaro is the newest.

The dealer just called and said "Well, we can't hear it so there is nothing we can do for you"

Awesome! So now I have a POS sounding vehicle on startup. GREAT advertising, morons.
I'll see what I can do Nutro. Appreciate the message!

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:18 PM   #10
376LS3
Eh, that'll happen
 
376LS3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Posts: 1,843
Its normal man. Every LS engine Ive ever had does it. These engines run significantly bigger cams than the engines back in the day. Gotta have a valvetrain that can support it. With more performance, luxury takes a back burner. Gotta figure, 400hp was a WELL built engine before these engines came out. Now its low on the spectrum. Gotta pay to play.
__________________
2010 Camaro SS LS3 - No Modz
376LS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:26 PM   #11
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2
 
litle88's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 Ws6
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Burbank,IL
Posts: 6,337
I agree, its always been there. I think you'll be ok nutro.
__________________
2001 ws6, 40k miles, Ls3 416 stroker, short block built by PER the rest by me. LPE Ls3 heads milled to 12-1 comp, FAST 102, NW 102, kooks 2", dual DMH cutouts, Magnaflow C/B, BTR cam + springs. Full UMI suspension.
litle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:40 PM   #12
Nutro


 
Nutro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by 376LS3 View Post
Its normal man. Every LS engine Ive ever had does it. These engines run significantly bigger cams than the engines back in the day. Gotta have a valvetrain that can support it. With more performance, luxury takes a back burner. Gotta figure, 400hp was a WELL built engine before these engines came out. Now its low on the spectrum. Gotta pay to play.
I figure I Might as well tune it, convert to an LS3 and put a cam in it anyway.

We still on for Saturday?
__________________
2011 L99 W/ Kooks Long Tubes, Ported TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Apex Catch can, Stainless Works 3" ZL-1 Catback, Overdriven Maggie @10 Pounds boost putting down 501/535 on a conservative tune. Oh and Forgestar 20's
Nutro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:42 PM   #13
NipTuckTaxi
 
NipTuckTaxi's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Columbia, MS
Posts: 126
Same troubles with my dealer. More concerned on where igot the TSB than tending to the lifters. Ls3 conversion got it taken care of. :-)
NipTuckTaxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:13 PM   #14
Smkn600CTD
 
Smkn600CTD's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro SS and 1995 Camaro V6
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 265
Mine heard it, but wasn't long enough so therefore it's normal......right lol
__________________
2013 Camaro 2SS/RS.
2009 Dodge Daytona Charger #332/400
1995 Camaro 3.4
Smkn600CTD is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.