Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2013, 03:48 PM   #141
Go big or Go home
 
Go big or Go home's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: South Miami, FL
Posts: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behic2320 View Post
Love the new pics, this is probably got to be one of the most amazing camaros iven seen it just proves that both v6 and v8 can be equally as stunning im sure it doesnt hurt having a beautiful girl in the pic haha
Thank you so much! I must say, it always feels like having a V6 creates more of a challenge… it's hard to beat a V8 at car shows etc. But all the positive comments my car has received here lets me know some people can see past engine size
__________________
Go big or Go home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 03:49 PM   #142
Go big or Go home
 
Go big or Go home's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: South Miami, FL
Posts: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewskie View Post
Amazing camaro, very well done! What kind of splitter is that?
Thank you so much!
It's an ACS Composite splitter
__________________
Go big or Go home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 03:47 PM   #143
the barber
 
the barber's Avatar
 
Drives: 13' Sw 2ss Ls3
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: porterville ca
Posts: 544
Very tastefully done, clean and simple with very good attention to detail which is the key features of this whole car awesome sub setup...!!
the barber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:30 PM   #144
Go big or Go home
 
Go big or Go home's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: South Miami, FL
Posts: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by the barber View Post
Very tastefully done, clean and simple with very good attention to detail which is the key features of this whole car awesome sub setup...!!
Thank you so much! Honestly, I love when the car receives compliments that include your chosen adjectives! That's really what my car is about; clean, (hopefully) tasteful mods.. haha! And I am always honored when the details are noticed Thank you!
__________________
Go big or Go home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 07:15 PM   #145
Go big or Go home
 
Go big or Go home's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: South Miami, FL
Posts: 388

A little update for those of you following my build process...
I attended SpeedFest at Palm Beach International Raceway on Saturday. I was honored to be asked to do an interview for Car Show Television! I was extremely nervous so I can only imagine the video will be embarrassing but I will post a link as soon as it airs haha!
To top off the night, my car took home the award for Best Display!


Great night!








__________________
Go big or Go home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:49 AM   #146
james347
 
Drives: 2006 Crownline
Join Date: May 2012
Location: .
Posts: 706
Well done. Congratulations.
james347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:57 AM   #147
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013
 
sycraft's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray Z51-Ho-Vette
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Katy, Texas
Posts: 3,155
It was because of the banner....

Congrats...
__________________

2015 Corvette Stingray Z51, 7 Speed, Competition Seats, Red Calipers, Carbon Flash Badges and Trim, Adrenaline Red Interior, Custom Stripes, Tint, Lowered on stock bolts, Z06 Grill, Z06 Splitter, Borla Exhaust (soon)
sycraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:17 AM   #148
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13
 
kjkjr27's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Syracuse
Posts: 10,068
Congratz on the interview car is looking good!
__________________
kjkjr27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:38 PM   #149
Go big or Go home
 
Go big or Go home's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: South Miami, FL
Posts: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by james347 View Post
Well done. Congratulations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
Congratz on the interview car is looking good!
Thank you both!


Quote:
Originally Posted by sycraft View Post
It was because of the banner....

Congrats...
… Can't remember where it came from though.. haha!
__________________
Go big or Go home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:02 PM   #150
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop
 
V6owner's Avatar
 
Drives: One Badass 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rosenberg, TX
Posts: 2,229
That is a killer V6!
__________________
2014 Black 2SS/RS 1LE
V6owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 01:49 PM   #151
jlugo
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2014 1LE 'Summit White'
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Temple, Texas
Posts: 2,351
Awesome photo work and awesome ride!

jlugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:54 PM   #152
Go big or Go home
 
Go big or Go home's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: South Miami, FL
Posts: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6owner View Post
That is a killer V6!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlugo View Post
Awesome photo work and awesome ride!

Thank you both! It means a lot!
__________________
Go big or Go home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:42 PM   #153
chrisv213
 
Drives: 2013 Murdered Out 2LT
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 7
Paige:
I have had my 2013 LT for a couple of months and since it is the first Gen 5 I have ever owned, when it came time to do the system, I was checking out all of the build logs for some visuals to verify if the ideas I had were legit. When I came across your thread, I was floored. It was everything I wanted to do, but better! I have been doing my own audio systems (and systems for a few other people as well) and it seems that every time I get a new car I tell myself that I am not going to do such an elaborate install this time, and of course, as soon as I start that goes out the window. Long story short, I didn't even make it to the start of my build before my plans were toast, thanks to the awesome job you and your dad have done with everything in your car.
If you do not mind, I am going to use some of the inspiration that your build has given me and combine that with my original plans, to complete what is no doubt, going to be one of the biggest projects I have ever attempted by myself. I do have a few questions for you, if that is cool.
1.) As far as the MDF floor, walls, and ceiling in the trunk, did you guys bolt the angle iron frame to the car and then attach the wood to the frame, or did you put each section together outside the car and then slide each one in and connect them? If you did bolt the frame, how did you determine the spots to attach them and did you just drive a lag bolt in or use threaded inserts? (I know that is more than one question. Sorry )
2.)I see you used two Optima batteries. I am using two Kinetiks and keeping the OEM battery for the car functions. I am actually installing my amps in the spare tire well and am going to have the batteries on either side, behind the false wall. My question (finally!) is what did you do as far as the electrical system, to handle such a large set up? Did you install a beefed up alternator? Do you use an isolator or capacitors? Did you run another 0 gauge cable from the alternator or did you splice the factory 0 gauge?
3.) Lastly, for now any way, because I am sure I will have more questions as this build progresses, where did you ground the various components? I know there are quite a few large bolts throughout the interior and I am leaning towards utilizing some of those, but I have had issues in the past where they were not always solidly connected under the surface of the sheet metal, and tracking down a ground fault in a complicated, completed install, is a nightmare.
Thanks again for letting me ramble and pick your brain. I have included a few pics of my black LT and where I am in my install. For now, I am keeping the factory Mylink head unit and using a signal processor with an LOC to integrate my amps. I have already installed my Infinity Kappa component speakers in the doors, sound proofed every inch I could (including the floorpan and the ceiling/top), and have started on the wiring. You have given me a lofty ideal to aspire to, so I had better get back to work!

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 300
Size:  68.0 KB

Name:  Capture1.JPG
Views: 300
Size:  97.0 KB

Name:  Capture3.JPG
Views: 284
Size:  99.4 KB
chrisv213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 09:54 PM   #154
Go big or Go home
 
Go big or Go home's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: South Miami, FL
Posts: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisv213 View Post
Paige:
I have had my 2013 LT for a couple of months and since it is the first Gen 5 I have ever owned, when it came time to do the system, I was checking out all of the build logs for some visuals to verify if the ideas I had were legit. When I came across your thread, I was floored. It was everything I wanted to do, but better! I have been doing my own audio systems (and systems for a few other people as well) and it seems that every time I get a new car I tell myself that I am not going to do such an elaborate install this time, and of course, as soon as I start that goes out the window. Long story short, I didn't even make it to the start of my build before my plans were toast, thanks to the awesome job you and your dad have done with everything in your car.
If you do not mind, I am going to use some of the inspiration that your build has given me and combine that with my original plans, to complete what is no doubt, going to be one of the biggest projects I have ever attempted by myself. I do have a few questions for you, if that is cool.
Thank you so much! Never thought my build would inspire someone, that's awesome! Im sorry it took so long for me to respond, I haven't been on much the past week or so. I'd be happy to answer whatever questions you have I know what you're saying about originally wanting to keep things simple. I think I say that every time and somehow end up doing something more elaborate every time, it never fails haha!


Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisv213 View Post
1.) As far as the MDF floor, walls, and ceiling in the trunk, did you guys bolt the angle iron frame to the car and then attach the wood to the frame, or did you put each section together outside the car and then slide each one in and connect them? If you did bolt the frame, how did you determine the spots to attach them and did you just drive a lag bolt in or use threaded inserts?
The MDF floor, front wall (where the subs mount) and under the rear deck was placed first then the angle iron was mounted to that MDF. I fit the angle iron piece by piece inside the trunk, held it together with tack welds then removed it, welded it fully and installed it. The MDF sidewalls were then mounted to the angle iron and fully sealed.



Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisv213 View Post
2.)I see you used two Optima batteries. I am using two Kinetiks and keeping the OEM battery for the car functions. I am actually installing my amps in the spare tire well and am going to have the batteries on either side, behind the false wall. My question (finally!) is what did you do as far as the electrical system, to handle such a large set up? Did you install a beefed up alternator? Do you use an isolator or capacitors? Did you run another 0 gauge cable from the alternator or did you splice the factory 0 gauge?
A beefed up alternator is the best way to go; however as far as I know, there is not a direct replacement for the V6 (at least there wasn’t when I did my build). I’ve been contemplating doing custom fabrication to make another alternator work but haven’t tackled that yet. So for now, the best thing available is the extra battery. I have one Optima replacing the stock battery and the second running the stereo etc. I do have a second 0 gauge from the alternator to the second battery. And the ignition wire from fuse box is tied to an isolator that connects the two batteries when the car is turned on. There’s really no need for a capacitor with this set up.



Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisv213 View Post
3.) Lastly, for now any way, because I am sure I will have more questions as this build progresses, where did you ground the various components? I know there are quite a few large bolts throughout the interior and I am leaning towards utilizing some of those, but I have had issues in the past where they were not always solidly connected under the surface of the sheet metal, and tracking down a ground fault in a complicated, completed install, is a nightmare.
Yeah tracking down a bad ground really is a nightmare. With this build I wanted to make sure everything was still very accessible because you just never know what you’ll want to access later. That’s why I have all the access panels… etc. but back to your question… close to where the factory battery is grounded, there are threaded holes; I cleaned the area up really good, ran a bolt through and used that for the ground. The battery is grounded close to there also so figured there was no better spot.

As for your question about the suede, I didn't cover any original plastic panels. There is A LOT of suede in the car but everything was originally fabric (like the headliner), custom built pieces (such as the portion of the ports inside the cabin of the car) or wood.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask. I'd love to see pictures as your build processes! Did you start a build thread?
__________________
Go big or Go home is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.