Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2013, 04:12 PM   #15
JLE58

 
Drives: CGM,twin turbo, cam 2010 SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ROCKMART, GA
Posts: 2,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS45th View Post
I didn't want to go over 700 with 4 bolt heads, that's the real weak point on the LS3.
700 isn't to much for 4 bolt heads. You stopped at 700 because that's all it would make...... I got some 6 bolt heads you can throw on that hull

Last edited by JLE58; 06-04-2013 at 04:25 PM.
JLE58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:27 PM   #16
Rdunn
9.2@147mph
 
Rdunn's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: St.Louis,Mo
Posts: 637
Quote:
Originally Posted by realcanuk View Post
You need at least 1000 RWHP for internet racing.

well i dont know about internet racing... but i took this car to the track with only 650whp and was pretty sure i could knit a sweater while watching youtube clips it took so long to get to the end of the 1/4 mile. im not a fan of high 10 sec passes.

thats why i ordered the squash fuel system,nitrous kit, smaller whipple pulley, meth kit, 4l80e, 4" dss driveshaft, 1000hp converter, 17" bigs and skinnies for the car.

and this winter its getting a ecs ysi kit and an lsx 427! already order the block i was just wondering how far i could push this one this summer if i threw in some forged parts.
__________________
Procharger F1X, 4L80E, E85, CBI Street Cars, DSX Tuning
Rdunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:32 PM   #17
Rdunn
9.2@147mph
 
Rdunn's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: St.Louis,Mo
Posts: 637
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE View Post
We stop at 1000hp.

thank you.
__________________
Procharger F1X, 4L80E, E85, CBI Street Cars, DSX Tuning
Rdunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:44 PM   #18
ADM PERFORMANCE

 
Drives: 2016 CAMARO SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: DfW - Texas
Posts: 4,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by old motorhead View Post
Andy, do you use a forged crank at the level? If so, how far do you push the stock crank?
We have had multiple GM CRATE LSX 376 B-8 engines to 800 hp.They use a stock LS3 crank and no failures yet.

The new LSX 376 B-15 uses the LSA FORGED CRANK ,We will be testing it to well over 1000 rwhp in our Twin Turbo ADM/AGP/LPE shop car.

Note:On cars over 750 hp we change the rod bolts to Katech.
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:40 PM   #19
JLE58

 
Drives: CGM,twin turbo, cam 2010 SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ROCKMART, GA
Posts: 2,189
I would be much more worried about the rods before I would the crank. If your staying stock cubes I see no reason to change the crank even more so on a turbo build.
JLE58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:09 PM   #20
Rdunn
9.2@147mph
 
Rdunn's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: St.Louis,Mo
Posts: 637
I was just planning on some forged pistons, rods and upgraded rod bolts....car already has arp headstuds
__________________
Procharger F1X, 4L80E, E85, CBI Street Cars, DSX Tuning
Rdunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:39 AM   #21
2SS45th


 
2SS45th's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 Seconds or Faster
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Arvada, Colorado
Posts: 2,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLE58 View Post
700 isn't to much for 4 bolt heads. You stopped at 700 because that's all it would make...... I got some 6 bolt heads you can throw on that hull
I have 6 bolt heads, a full LSX actually. And I'm not stopping at 700, so don't know where that came from
__________________
I Ain't About That Stock Life.

2SS45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:50 AM   #22
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,484
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
I lifted a stock cast LS3 head at 18 lbs and a 150 shot with APR studs... I now have LSA heads with oversized ARP studs, still the four bolt heads, and run 25 lbs of boost without pushing any water... In Oct I'll be adding the shot back in with the 25 lbs of boost... She'll go or blow... Time will tell...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:47 AM   #23
Rdunn
9.2@147mph
 
Rdunn's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: St.Louis,Mo
Posts: 637
I like your style
__________________
Procharger F1X, 4L80E, E85, CBI Street Cars, DSX Tuning
Rdunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:50 AM   #24
Rdunn
9.2@147mph
 
Rdunn's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: St.Louis,Mo
Posts: 637
How long did you make it before lifting the head? I'm planning on running 15psi with a 75 shot within the next few weeks.
__________________
Procharger F1X, 4L80E, E85, CBI Street Cars, DSX Tuning
Rdunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:51 AM   #25
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 11,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdunn View Post
well i dont know about internet racing... but i took this car to the track with only 650whp and was pretty sure i could knit a sweater while watching youtube clips it took so long to get to the end of the 1/4 mile. im not a fan of high 10 sec passes.

thats why i ordered the squash fuel system,nitrous kit, smaller whipple pulley, meth kit, 4l80e, 4" dss driveshaft, 1000hp converter, 17" bigs and skinnies for the car.

and this winter its getting a ecs ysi kit and an lsx 427! already order the block i was just wondering how far i could push this one this summer if i threw in some forged parts.
When did this car go high tens?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=1#post6631238
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:53 AM   #26
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 11,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdunn View Post
How long did you make it before lifting the head? I'm planning on running 15psi with a 75 shot within the next few weeks.
I don't know who your tuner is but I've been at or over 15psi for two years plus. No problems. Since Oct of 2012 it's been at 15 psi with a 55 shot. Still no problems so it can be done.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:56 AM   #27
Rdunn
9.2@147mph
 
Rdunn's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: St.Louis,Mo
Posts: 637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
I was using a conversion table. The car went 7.0@100mph. Said that would be a 10.9

Either way it was a boring 1/8th mile so it's not like the last half was going to be any more exciting.

The 11.39 was from my first time to the track and I didn't have time to let the car cool down.... The next time I went they were only running 1/8th mile but I was able to let the car cool off before making a run....huge improvement. But still pretty boring
__________________
Procharger F1X, 4L80E, E85, CBI Street Cars, DSX Tuning
Rdunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:47 AM   #28
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 11,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdunn View Post
I was using a conversion table. The car went 7.0@100mph. Said that would be a 10.9

Either way it was a boring 1/8th mile so it's not like the last half was going to be any more exciting.

The 11.39 was from my first time to the track and I didn't have time to let the car cool down.... The next time I went they were only running 1/8th mile but I was able to let the car cool off before making a run....huge improvement. But still pretty boring
That is a very impressive pickup. The 60' was most of that but come on with the conversion crap. A lot can happen over the next 1/8th. There's no guarantee a 10 second pass was at the end. I've seen it a thousand times where guys think they have a 9,10,11 on the bag and it just doesn't happen. Hell I went fast enough for a 9.99 for a year in the 1/8th before I got it.

Regardless that's a great start and I agree that dragging these cars is very boring.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.