Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

River City Camaro Customs
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 06-04-2013, 11:41 AM   #1
CamaroMike13

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible
Convertible Amp and Sub Replacement Help

I will be replacing the factory BA system amp and sub in my 2013 BA equipped 2SS convertible soon. I've ordered a JL XD700/5 amp and 10" sub and will be getting the Subthump vert box and Fark. My question to those that have done this upgrade is what additional wiring should I buy to be able to complete the installation myself? Also, do I need the Subthump amp install plate (I believe the JL XD700/5 should fit in the factory amp spot)?

I've done a few installs over the years but recently they have been full kit purchases which came with all wiring, hardware, etc. This will be the first time putting it all together myself from several sources. Thanks for the assist.
CamaroMike13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:27 PM   #2
darkrider01
Aural Assault Vehicle

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS, 2014 Cruze 1LT/RS
I'd say yes to the SubThump install plate for the amp. As far as additional wiring, check out Amazon or order directly from KnuKonceptz. I would recommend a 4 channel 4 gauge kit. That should have everything you need.

Best of luck.
Power Mods * K&N Typhoon CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder cat-back exhaust, Hurst Short Throw Shifter Visual Mods * Black Phantom Grille * 22" T.I.S. 537MS wheels w/ Nitto INVO rubber Suspension Mods * BC Racing Coilovers * Lakewood Strut Tower Brace Audio Mods * Stinger SPP 2250 Battery * Pioneer DEX-P99RS * Pioneer AVH-X7500BT * Scosche Dash Kit * 2 - Mosconi AS200.4 * 2 - JL Audio 13W6v2 * Focal 165KRX2 Power (active) * Mosconi Gladen One 240.2 * Rockford Fosgate Power T1692
darkrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:39 PM   #3
CamaroMike13

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrider01 View Post
I'd say yes to the SubThump install plate for the amp. As far as additional wiring, check out Amazon or order directly from KnuKonceptz. I would recommend a 4 channel 4 gauge kit. That should have everything you need.

Best of luck.
Thank you. I'll look into that. I appreciate the quick response.
CamaroMike13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amp, convertible, install, subthump