Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery All Camaro related pictures, videos and other assorted media.

Old 02-28-2008, 12:02 PM   #176
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: THRSS #2 / CGM#1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTurtle View Post
I do not believe that the Concept's front opening is as functional as some would believe... notice that the air snorkle goes from the throttle body and blooms out to cover the entire front radiator area? the reason it looks functional is because you want it to look functional... I'm quite positive that the Concept is a bottom breather, just like all LS1 4th gens... the neat coverings on the Concept just make it look different.

honestly, I dont expect that the production car will have a front scoop that feeds the air box directly... more likely, it will be a way for air to enter the front of the engine bay and channel air over the engine and out the back of the cowl hood... this would benefit the engine's cooling ability and give a certain functionality to the scoop, but I would much rather the air come from down low where the air is cooler and denser.

while I'm talking about hoods and scoops, I want to also address that the LS1 SS hood wasn't that great at getting air to the intake... there are folks that have plugged the SS hood opening and still had the car run just as fast as it did with it open... the LS1's ability to suck air in was FAR greater than what the hood could have ever hoped to keep up with... so most of the air was from down low with just a touch of added air from the scoop.
Which is exactly why I cut that big rectangular peice outta the bottom of the air box and tossed in the cold air intake...much better for breathing.
The build of THRSS #2
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 12:37 PM   #177
z28camaro2471
C5 Member #227

Drives: Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen View Post
do i see vette style dual mufflers under there?
and whats with the trailer hitch?????
The trailer hitch will be optional for people who have friends that drive Mustangs. This way the Mustang friend can keep up with his Camaro friend (if the Camaro friend decides to tow his Mustang friend) while at the same time staying right where he belongs and will always stay, behind a Camaro.

Without the attachment, the Mustang friend will never be able to keep pace.
z28camaro2471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 01:51 PM   #178
GTAHVIT
One Lucky Guy.

Drives: #22 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K05GT View Post
The Slit in the nose is not ram air, it is the same design as the Z06, it supplies cold air to the engine bay and forces the hot air out through the vents under the windshield.

If you look under the slit on the Z06 you will see the actual air intake just above the radiator.
The camaro will most likely be on the front corner of the engine bay behind the headlights simular to the V6 Camaro Spy Pics.

Don't count on a Pontiac version, I think the G8 maybe it and you may see a future GTO but no more Firebirds, sorry to say
I agree "RAM" Air is not a a real performance application. I'm really approaching my argument form a cold air perspective. And the fiberglass hood isn't central to routing the air into the intake. That's a function of the duct from the cowl or vent to the air cleaner. And I admit some glass hoods have molded ducts in the hood designed to mate to the existing airbox.

I'm sure Volant will have a cold air intake for the Camaro. So that's what I'll get. No biggie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Hmmm...interesting conversation to say the least. Especially about that cowl hood intake thing. I have to say; I have heard of those -but filed them in the 'dumb' folder.

Why put restrictive, ultra-curvey ducting for your intake air right over a hot engine block?

Anyways. I think the vent out front, and the ones in the back will serve ONE purpose. further beautification. Say what you will about functionality and whatnot - but I like'em.
Yes, the ducts are in the engine bay. But when the air flow is captured outside that engine bay and routed to the intake the temperature is much cooler. The same theory (sort of) as inercoolers. So I really don't care which of the two (cowl or front clip) vents are functional. I think one of them should be.

And I agree they look great and want them on the car whether they work or not. I concede they do look great.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 02:17 PM   #179
Omega94

Drives: 1994 Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
no, but they can be made. they have a air flow area in the hood if you actually look at the bottom of the hood. but no they had the plastic grill in the nostrils that was blocked.
Well, the '96 and '97 Trans Am WS6 did, in fact, have a funtional hood scoop. I'm pretty sure it was the same case for the '98-02...I don't know why they would change something like that.

This is a '97 Trans Am WS6...it shows where the hoods scoops feeds the airbox.

And Tag, thanks for the pictures of your hood!

1994 Camaro 3.4l V6, 5-speed, SLP Loudmouth I cat-back exhaust.
It's loud, slow as all get out, but loud
No more money going into this one...everything's being saved for my 5th Gen.
2010 Camaro SS 6-speed, Black/Black
Omega94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 03:03 PM   #180
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by camero View Post
Well you haven't necessarily seen ALL the vents yet!
Is it just me or did everyone just ignore/not see this comment. Any speculations of what this could be, or would you mind telling us camero?
Kyle2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 03:06 PM   #181
17ac

Drives: none yet
dual exhaust means maybe...a v8 we see?

i really want to see that B pillar
17ac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 05:08 PM   #182
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 14 Spark
Whenever posting new spy photos with those non-production headlights I suggest putting into the title "NOT PRODUCTION HEADLIGHTS"
People do read the title of the thread first so maybe that will stop all the headlight comments...

The trailer hitch is for when you beat the socks off of a Mustang on "Pinks" you can tow their car home with ya!

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 08:03 PM   #183
Not The Real Headlights!
Helping the cause

Drives: 2000 NBM SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega94 View Post
Well, the '96 and '97 Trans Am WS6 did, in fact, have a funtional hood scoop. I'm pretty sure it was the same case for the '98-02...I don't know why they would change something like that.

Yeah, just looked to double check before I posted and my Ram Air vents on my 1996 WS6 are open. It looks like the air is routed up and over a partition of some sort that is all molded into the hood and then the air flows into the airbox. Maybe it's like that because of rain or something I don't know, but the Ram Air is open regardless.
Not The Real Headlights! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 08:16 PM   #184
2K05GT
Muscle Car Fanatic

Drives: 2005 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
Whenever posting new spy photos with those non-production headlights I suggest putting into the title "NOT PRODUCTION HEADLIGHTS"
People do read the title of the thread first so maybe that will stop all the headlight comments...

Headlights
Fix the dam things already we are tired of hearing "NOT PRODUCTION HEADLIGHTS"
Old 02-28-2008, 09:09 PM   #185
camaro10

Drives: 2012 45TH Anniversary SS
Quote:
I think the vent out front, and the ones in the back will serve ONE purpose. further beautification. Say what you will about functionality and whatnot - but I like'em.
I must agree!!

Quote:

Excellent find on that angle on the concept, too. I never even thought of that.
Funny, that pic has been my background on my computer for the last two years or so if not longer.

Quote:
Well you haven't necessarily seen ALL the vents yet!
Camero, you're such a tease! If you were a girl, I'd put you out of the car since you don't ever really give it up!

My newest edition, Chevy V8 Power!
camaro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 09:39 PM   #186
AirGoya

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Quote:
I know the angles are slightly different...but does anybody get the impression that the "top" of the grille (where the 'intake' vent is) is somewhat slanted downward more than the concept?
I totally thought that too! I think it looks better like that then on the concept.
In another thread i said earlier...
Quote:
The front comes to such a point/angle. It sends shivers down my spine.
You can get a better look at it here:
Attached Images

AirGoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 11:30 PM   #187
Georgianne

Drives: chevys
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro10 View Post
Camero, you're such a tease! If you were a girl, I'd put you out of the car since you don't ever really give it up!
funny!
Georgianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 11:34 PM   #188
CaptianSam
Car Garage

Drives: 350z,A4,SRT8...see sig
the rotors look dinky there

On My Ipad
Xbox McLovin1515
Ps3 McLovin1555
Current Autos:68z28,03viperSRT10,04escalade,05RangeRoverSport SC
Project Autos:80corvette350-500hp 6speed,06charger S'C 6-speed posi,74Firebird400blue,69chevelle572 707
New Autos:2012CamaroSSRS,09ChallengerSRT8
Past Autos:....too many to list

"i told you it was gettin' an LS3"
Go down deep enough into anything and you will find mathematics. Dean Schlicter
B.Sc. Hons. Mathematics
CaptianSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:40 AM   #189
HampsterToast
Junior Member = New Guy

Drives: 87 Camaro blew up! Now 91 RS
Location: Sunny San Diego - Worlds most Camaro friendly climate
I may be assasinated for saying this ---> We must be getting closer to reality -----> because that ONSTAR antenna on the rear sure looks friggin real :^}
HampsterToast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 07:50 AM   #190
neo2227

Drives: 2007 Chevy Tahoe sittin on 22'
Yeah but I dont mind the anntena at all. Remember it is also the radio anntena as well. Speaking of radios. Alot of my local stations are switching to the HD format, do you think that GM might have that as an option?
Old 02-29-2008, 09:31 AM   #191
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
I don't mind the antenna...It's really not that big of a deal. Plus it's kinda cool lookin' I think it's neat that we can have one antenna for everything.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:18 AM   #192
CaptianSam
Car Garage

Drives: 350z,A4,SRT8...see sig
i love functional hood scoops... i hope that front scoop and that huge air dam do something other then just look good it would be amazing if those rear slits were functional... id rather have no slits then non functional slits... and that front scoop pretty much eliminates any idea of aftermarket hood...

On My Ipad
Xbox McLovin1515
Ps3 McLovin1555
Current Autos:68z28,03viperSRT10,04escalade,05RangeRoverSport SC
Project Autos:80corvette350-500hp 6speed,06charger S'C 6-speed posi,74Firebird400blue,69chevelle572 707
New Autos:2012CamaroSSRS,09ChallengerSRT8
Past Autos:....too many to list

"i told you it was gettin' an LS3"
Go down deep enough into anything and you will find mathematics. Dean Schlicter
B.Sc. Hons. Mathematics
CaptianSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 05:00 AM   #193
Camaroman_99

Drives: 2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I'm glad were getting more and more "sneak" peaks
Camaroman_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 07:08 AM   #194
camero

Drives: IOM V6 RS 38808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaroman_99 View Post
I'm glad were getting more and more "sneak" peaks
You've seen they type of sneak previews that GM gives dude! The super clean, super sharp, super hi-res, glossy white car whipping around the track in two carefully chosen views. I really don't think GM releases something like that that show's 90% of everything first, and then fill in details with crummy, blurry shots of older, dirty, half disguised, beat up, test cars on the backs of trucks. Test cars are actually out there being tested. Photographers see them sometimes and now with camera-phones everyone's a photographer. (except GM employees that can't have camera-phones).
camero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 09:21 AM   #195
Gatecrasher
User

Drives: 1994 Stealth R/T Turbo
Let's be honest about the pics of the white car for a second.

Did Lutz make that order due to "aerodynamic and thermal needs" or did he do it to stick a thumb in the eye of the spy photographers who had repeatedly taken advantage of his car like it were a drunken prom date? Or did he also maybe do it to make the job easier on the engineering staff, since nearly the whole car had been exposed anyway?
Old 03-01-2008, 11:15 AM   #196
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2013 Acadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega94 View Post

yeah it feed to the air box but the vents were closed in the nostrils of the hood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by z28camaro2471 View Post
The trailer hitch will be optional for people who have friends that drive Mustangs. This way the Mustang friend can keep up with his Camaro friend (if the Camaro friend decides to tow his Mustang friend) while at the same time staying right where he belongs and will always stay, behind a Camaro.

Without the attachment, the Mustang friend will never be able to keep pace.
thats what i planned on using it for. or if my buddy gets the challanger, ill probably have to use it to tow him too. or at least give him a pull to get his 4100lb ass movin.

2012 Porsche Panamera 4
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 12:08 PM   #197
jhitson

Drives: 88 Camaro, 01 S-10, 06 G6 GTP
The scoop/opening/slit/hole or whatever it is kinda looks like a throwback to the third gen berlinettas if you ask me.
jhitson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 12:41 PM   #198
camero

Drives: IOM V6 RS 38808
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhitson View Post
The scoop/opening/slit/hole or whatever it is kinda looks like a throwback to the third gen berlinettas if you ask me.
Very true! I loved that car with the three slits!
camero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 08:24 PM   #199
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Very true! I loved that car with the three slits!
Funny, I'd actually forgotten my '82 Berlinetta had 3 slits in the front. I wish I could find the pics of that car...
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 08:46 PM   #200
Omega94

Drives: 1994 Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
yeah it feed to the air box but the vents were closed in the nostrils of the hood.
I'm not sure what you're talking about... If the vents do feed the airbox then how are the vents closed?? That statement contradicts itself. I've had the pleasure of driving and examining a few different examples of the '97 Trans Am WS6...and I can ASSURE you that the "nostrils" were open (they were not modified by the owners) and fed directly into the airbox...thus the opened slits in the top of the airbox.

1994 Camaro 3.4l V6, 5-speed, SLP Loudmouth I cat-back exhaust.
It's loud, slow as all get out, but loud
No more money going into this one...everything's being saved for my 5th Gen.
2010 Camaro SS 6-speed, Black/Black
Omega94 is offline   Reply With Quote