Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery All Camaro related pictures, videos and other assorted media.

Old 03-02-2008, 02:00 PM   #201
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2013 Acadia Denali
^^^^there is a passageway from the "nostril" to the air box and it is open. however the covers over the nostril,that looks like honeycomb, are closed off. you would need to cut them out to open it up. its not that hard to understand. closed - open, closed- open. get it.

2012 Porsche Panamera 4
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 04:34 PM   #202
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
I can not even begin to tell you guys how freaking nice it is to see this car on even more pics from here in Sweden. And DAMN that cars' looking nice and low!
Old 03-02-2008, 06:08 PM   #203
ihc95

Drives: 2007 Lexus RX350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfox217 View Post
anyone notice the slotted rotors on the rear
Yeah, it looks like it is going to share brakes with the Corvette. Oh, and I think that rear trailer hitch is to see how much stress to rear bumper can take.
ihc95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:14 PM   #204
Omega94

Drives: 1994 Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen View Post
^^^^there is a passageway from the "nostril" to the air box and it is open. however the covers over the nostril,that looks like honeycomb, are closed off. you would need to cut them out to open it up. its not that hard to understand. closed - open, closed- open. get it.
that would defeat the purpose of a passage way from the "nostrils" to the airbox , wouldn't it...Why would GM produce a ram air hood...with a "passage way" to the open slits in the airbox...if no air could actually come through the hood. THAT is what I don't understand. Did you own a '96-'97 Trans Am that would lead you to believe this? Because WS6 Trans Ams came with the "nostrils" open...so maybe you just came in contact with a non-functional aftermarket WS6 hood. And for your information's sake I'll dig up one owner's post confirming what I'm saying...or you can keep believing what you want.

1994 Camaro 3.4l V6, 5-speed, SLP Loudmouth I cat-back exhaust.
It's loud, slow as all get out, but loud
No more money going into this one...everything's being saved for my 5th Gen.
2010 Camaro SS 6-speed, Black/Black
Omega94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:16 PM   #205
Omega94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not The Real Headlights! View Post
Yeah, just looked to double check before I posted and my Ram Air vents on my 1996 WS6 are open. It looks like the air is routed up and over a partition of some sort that is all molded into the hood and then the air flows into the airbox. Maybe it's like that because of rain or something I don't know, but the Ram Air is open regardless.
2010_5thgen, there you go...

And...the '96-'97 Camaro SS hood scoops were open and fully functional, so why would the Camaro's sister car be any different??

Old 03-03-2008, 12:39 AM   #206
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: THRSS #2 / CGM#1
Okie dokie, you guys...regarding the "nostrils"...how's about some pictures to clear up the discussion. Then we'll get back to this spyshots thread!!!

Thanks!
The build of THRSS #2
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 05:51 AM   #207
camero

Drives: IOM V6 RS 38808
Looks like it's both open and closed
camero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:55 PM   #208
bandit38

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS - 1977 Trans Am S.E.
They are open on back in the nostils too...you can't tell from that picture but there is a black mesh wire in the opening...then there is a splash shield to keep water from going in the engine...and the air travels around that shield and straight to the air filter and intake

I remember it well...I had a 94 and 96 T/A both with Ram air and had to ADD it to the 94.....so I remember it better than I normally would

Quote:
Originally Posted by camero View Post
Looks like it's both open and closed
bandit38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 03:21 PM   #209
Omega94

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit38 View Post
They are open on back in the nostils too...you can't tell from that picture but there is a black mesh wire in the opening...then there is a splash shield to keep water from going in the engine...and the air travels around that shield and straight to the air filter and intake

I remember it well...I had a 94 and 96 T/A both with Ram air and had to ADD it to the 94.....so I remember it better than I normally would
Thanks for the confirmation...and thanks for speaking up. A good friend of mine who did work on my Camaro owned a BEAUTIFUL, mint '97 Trans Am WS6 and I actually toyed with buying one before we knew how close the new Camaro was to production. I've always wanted an SS but if the price was right I wasn't going to pass up a WS6 Trans Am. Anyway, I knew I wasn't cracking up.....::open::

sorry for the whole thing, Tag

NOW back to your regularly scheduled topic...

Old 03-03-2008, 05:48 PM   #210
yourbassist

Drives: '96 Intrepid
There still seems to be a large group "ignoring" of Camero's vent statement. Any stipulation on other vents? Maybe another 4th gen SS hood or something similar?
yourbassist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 05:58 PM   #211
Omega94

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourbassist View Post
There still seems to be a large group "ignoring" of Camero's vent statement. Any stipulation on other vents? Maybe another 4th gen SS hood or something similar?
The vent dispute is what got us (ME) off topic to begin with But sure...the vents. I completely agree with you...in fact, one of my FAVORITE drawings of the Camaro concept is this one (it's in one member's signature)(ignore the LS7 on the fender...I didn't put it there)

I LOVE this look!! And...I'll get one as soon as it's available, if it's not already available from the factory! I'm hoping this scoop/vent IS part of what Camero is talking about!

Old 03-03-2008, 06:18 PM   #212
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 1999 GMC Envoy
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
im definately gonna try to get a hood like that, along with the whole front facia (sp?) because that is, by far, my favorite rendering of the camaro, too! i love that grill piece, the hide away lights, the awesome chin spoiler, those cool mirrors, and that scoop! oh and those rims are gorgeous. if those dont come from factory, ill get some, somehow! also throw in the ls7!

ok my mind is getting away from me, back on topic (sorta). camero is giving us hints (ones that are making my brain EXPLODE from waiting) that are helpful, but not many people notice them cause he throws then in right in the middle of a lot of hoop-lah, so if he were to give a big hint right now ::cough:: engine choices ::cough:: hp rating ::cough:: all engine specs ::cough:: then it might get noticed, cause its kind of cooled down a little around here
Old 03-03-2008, 06:33 PM   #213
bandit38

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS - 1977 Trans Am S.E.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega94 View Post
Thanks for the confirmation...and thanks for speaking up. A good friend of mine who did work on my Camaro owned a BEAUTIFUL, mint '97 Trans Am WS6 and I actually toyed with buying one before we knew how close the new Camaro was to production. I've always wanted an SS but if the price was right I wasn't going to pass up a WS6 Trans Am. Anyway, I knew I wasn't cracking up.....::open::

sorry for the whole thing, Tag

NOW back to your regularly scheduled topic...

Anytime, glad I could help out...Once I saw that picture, it looks exactly like mine did...I knew I had to get in this
bandit38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 08:54 PM   #214
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
The vent dispute is what got us (ME) off topic to begin with But sure...the vents. I completely agree with you...in fact, one of my FAVORITE drawings of the Camaro concept is this one (it's in one member's signature)(ignore the LS7 on the fender...I didn't put it there)

I LOVE this look!! And...I'll get one as soon as it's available, if it's not already available from the factory! I'm hoping this scoop/vent IS part of what Camero is talking about!

Yeah, that has been my favorite rendition of the Camaro since I first saw it quite some time ago.

I just hope GM saw it too and take some cues from it for the hood and lower chin spoiler... I'd definitely add that hood as an option.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 09:11 PM   #215
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Does anyone know if the small concept wing/splitter thing is going to be standard, or atleast an option on the upcoming Camaro...sorry if it has been stated!
Kyle2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:20 AM   #216
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: THRSS #2 / CGM#1
Quote:

I've seen it before, but THAT is THE, THE, THE hood I'll take! I don't know why, but it just kinda hit me...

Now...if someone could only do a chop of that! PUH LEEEZ!
The build of THRSS #2
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 02:14 AM   #217
yourbassist

Drives: '96 Intrepid
Still not a fan of the hockey sticks but do enjoy the Z06 modeled wheels, the idea of badging there, and the hood.
yourbassist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 07:30 AM   #218
GTAHVIT
One Lucky Guy.

Drives: #22 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post

I've seen it before, but THAT is THE, THE, THE hood I'll take! I don't know why, but it just kinda hit me...

Now...if someone could only do a chop of that! PUH LEEEZ!
+1

That one takes the cake.

The best rendering of the Camaro yet.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 07:41 AM   #219
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
If someone could answer my previous question I would appreciate it, but I also have another... Back in the day like that rendering, did the lights sit behind the grill or did people just completely remove the headlights from the car, because that rendering does look viscious, sorry for bringing up headlights hahah
Kyle2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 07:54 AM   #220
GTAHVIT
One Lucky Guy.

Drives: #22 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
Does anyone know if the small concept wing/splitter thing is going to be standard, or atleast an option on the upcoming Camaro...sorry if it has been stated!
No one really knows for sure. I think the general feeling is that the wing (on the trunk/back of the car) will be on the V8's and maybe not on the V6. I can't remember what the recent pics have shown. I'd have to look at the recent spy shots. If I see something before someone else beats me to it I will post here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
If someone could answer my previous question I would appreciate it, but I also have another... Back in the day like that rendering, did the lights sit behind the grill or did people just completely remove the headlights from the car, because that rendering does look viscious, sorry for bringing up headlights hahah
look for a pic of the 69 camaro rs. The headlights were covered with a door that opened when the lights were turned on. So this image above is a view of the doors closed. Retro style.

take a look. RS/SS

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:19 PM   #221
Kershaw

Drives: Red 2007 Sierra classic on 20s
I know what that trailer hitch is for.....HAULING BUTT!!!!!
Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 09:44 AM   #222
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
I know what that trailer hitch is for.....HAULING BUTT!!!!!
Amen brother!!!!

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 08:07 AM   #223
wlvrine

Drives: 2013 HW Edition
Too many lights

I still can't get enough pics of the Camaro! But, I just hope the front end does not look like that. Does it really need all of those lights!
Still looks cool as *%#@ !!
Yeah, baby!
wlvrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 09:16 AM   #224
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlvrine View Post
Does it really need all of those lights!
:notheadlights:

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 09:44 AM   #225
cz

Drives: black lincoln ls 02
Location: in Iraq at the moment stationed in WA. state but from montgomery al
just wondering does anyone know what the real headlight are gonna look like?
cz is offline   Reply With Quote