Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 06-29-2009, 05:59 PM   #1
usmcjlp

Drives: 2SS/RS LS3 RJT
GM Performance Packs?

Does anyone have any info on if GM will offer real performance upgrades through their performance division? I mean will GM offer performance packs like Ford does for the mustang. I'm sure we've all read the review of the mustang with the track pack and how close it was to the SS. Am I the only one that was disturbed by those numbers?

I intend to heavily modify my camaro power train and suspension. It would be great if I could purchase a kit specifically designed by the vehicle's engineers. No slight to the aftermarket, but a well known brand name is no guarantee of a quality product. I have modified several vehicles and I know what a nightmare it is when you get poorly matched suspension components.
usmcjlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:03 PM   #2
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
That would be nice. I'd be willing to pay a little extra to keep my factory warrenty.
I know they're planning on an intake, shorty headers, and rear section exhaust, but I'm not sure what else.

I like to see some cam or head/cam combo's + tune upgrades, but that might be asking too much.
A supercharger upgrade would also be sweet.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:10 PM   #3
usmcjlp

Drives: 2SS/RS LS3 RJT
I would really like to see different stages of suspension packages. From street to track.

I have researched the pedders option, but have no personal experience. I never go on manufacturer's claims alone. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't hennessey use pedder components? Their car received a poor review for handling.

Not trying to bash, but someone who has firsthand experience
please give the pros and cons.

I'm hoping there will be a GM insider that can give some insight here.
usmcjlp is offline   Reply With Quote