Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

SNL Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons For all LFX related parts

Old 06-05-2013, 07:57 PM   #1
Buschman

Drives: 2013 1LT VR RS
Sputtering at idle

Hey guys just noticed something today and wondered if it is normal or not. I started up my 13 RS, had to run inside to grab something. When I came back out I noticed a sputtering sound. You can't hear it from the rear of the car or inside just by the driver front tire. Is this normal or should I get it looked at

Buschman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:02 PM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buschman View Post
Hey guys just noticed something today and wondered if it is normal or not. I started up my 13 RS, had to run inside to grab something. When I came back out I noticed a sputtering sound. You can't hear it from the rear of the car or inside just by the driver front tire. Is this normal or should I get it looked at
Greetings Buschman,

Truly sorry to hear about the sputtering sound you're experiencing. I would be more than happy to schedule an appointment for you to have this diagnosed at a certified GM dealer near you. Feel free to send me a private message and reference this thread so that I may be of assistance!

Best regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:07 AM   #3
Buschman

Drives: 2013 1LT VR RS
Took the Camaro in for an oil change yesterday, asked the tech to check over the noise I have been hearing. He says it's nothing, but could be coming from my K&N intake. Just by that I have lost all faith in my dealership. I went thru a drive thru last night and you can really hear it.
Does anyone else have more noise coming from the cat's (area) on the drivers side than on the passengers side?
If it's normal then sorry for the post, but I really don't like the sound of it.

Buschman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:53 AM   #4
speedygonzales

Drives: 99 z71, 2012 LT
could it be a leaking exhaust?

Either check it yourself or have it looked at by an exhaust shop. Use a piece of paper if you can't see anything.
speedygonzales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:17 PM   #5
tonymac

Drives: '12 VR LT/RS
I just listened to my engine, but I don't think I would call the 'noise' I heard sputtering though. Nothing seemed out of whack to me. I will listen again tomorrow with the helpful ear of a cousin of mine (car guy), he should be able to give a description and maybe that will help you out.
tonymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:19 PM   #6
JasonHert

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Still breaking in?
JasonHert is offline   Reply With Quote