Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Off-topic Discussions Discuss any off-topic subjects with other members.

Old 06-07-2013, 11:39 PM   #76
Nutro

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
Damn, no GAP insurance?
2011 L99 W/ Kooks Long Tubes, Ported TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Apex Catch can, Stainless Works 3" ZL-1 Catback, Overdriven Maggie @10 Pounds boost putting down 501/535 on a conservative tune. Oh and Forgestar 20's
Nutro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:56 PM   #77
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by batman53201 View Post
im sure insurance wont cover performance parts
Then you need another insurance company because mine sure does. All of my mods are documented and listed on an additional rider. The first 5k in mods didn't increase my premium one cent. I have photos before and after along with full receipts for everything.

Performance parts are covered but, may increase your premiums depending on what they are.

That said. What's so wrong with donating to help out a fellow owner? Hell i have given away parts for free to those in need. Isn't that donating too?

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:21 AM   #78
2SSRS@Gen5diy
Salt & Pepper 2014 Z/28

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM ,2014 Z/28, 66 Nova
I meet RJ for the first time last year at CF3, but before that i meat him on C5, I am proud to call him friend, This friend helped me out in many ways, and did so for members on this site when it was not his job to do so, a lot of the newer members dont know that, i remember one of the first time a member on here got scammed on parts (dont remember what the part it was but do remember the member involved), RJ was on the trail of the guy that stole $1200, he did a web Search and found him and all the info for the member that got ripped off.

So the members that asked for help from you did so to pay it forward, I dont know how you fell but to me we the members of C5 are all one big family.

To all that can help thank you, to the members that dont want to to or cant help Thank you too for your good wish's for RJ.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:37 AM   #79
2ss-booya

Drives: 2013 ZL1 CRT 6M
Send a message via Skype™ to 2ss-booya
Donated. best of luck in getting in a new car
2ss-booya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:46 AM   #80
JustRaf
YOU.ONLY.LIVE.ONCE

Drives: Camaro 2LT/RS 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bw26ss View Post
What about the 4 or 5k I lose every time i trade, will someone donate some money to me please.
Burn your car first then I might give you some good donation! Lol
Old 06-08-2013, 01:06 AM   #81
flyer08
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
I haven't read all the way through this..

But let me say, I'm disappointed in some of the responses... I couldn't care less whether any of you donate a dime... It's an individual choice.

We all have the freedom of choice and some of you need to choose to step out of the thread... No one is forcing you in here, and certainly no one is making you stay out... YET...

RJ is a really good person, and gives way more of his time and effort to make this a better site for all of you than most of you will ever know... This is not payment for services rendered... nor it is a pity offering... It is people wanting to do something for a friend that has put thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours into a passion shared by so many on this site... IT's our choice to give or not...

Will I make a donation to the Kaylee fund... That's my business and not any of yours... I make my money, by WORKING... and I spend my money as I wish... Don't like it,.... tough (expletive)...

I donate money to places I desire to donate to, and some of you wouldn't approve or would express your displeasure... Oh well... I absolutely do not care where any others donate their money... It's not my business...

But... I do care about this site, like RJ does... and the hatefull nasty postings and name calling are going to stop...

WE CAN and WILL control that... I've deleted and/or edited a few posts... Any like postings will lead to infractions... Some of you need to go and re-read the rules of posting...

As for donating to other causes, like the OK Tornado victims, or other victims of events... That is a personal choice... Great if you do, ok if you don't... My sister was right in the thick of the tornados... You can bet if she needed it I would help her out... That's my choice... see how it works...

I do not try to control your life or actions anywhere outside of this forum... and as long as you follow the rules we wont have any problem here... Fail to follow the rules and we will control that...

Choice is yours...
So you will donate to everyone on here that had an accident not of their fault and needs help? I had an accident last fall yet asked of nobody to help with my repairs and I've been posting on this. It's since 2008
flyer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 01:16 AM   #82
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyer08 View Post
So you will donate to everyone on here that had an accident not of their fault and needs help? I had an accident last fall yet asked of nobody to help with my repairs and I've been posting on this. It's since 2008
Old 06-08-2013, 01:20 AM   #83
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
I don't believe Stig asked for anything?
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 06:21 AM   #84
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Reading comprehension is your friend...

I do with my money what I want... donate here, not there, etc...

It's a choice... RJ did not ask for anything... Some of his friends set this up....

Run along now...
Old 06-08-2013, 06:55 AM   #85
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike III View Post
I posted up on another page 4 Stig. I haven't posted if I donated or not it's no ones business except mine. I have 1 neighbor 2 doors down I woundn't give a wooden nickel to. Then another 1 I would give a lot to him,but that is my choice. As far as Stig. The man has been a friend of mine since I started on this thread. With just talking to him & helping me with my build. He is the one that got me started w/my buid. I have given a lot of parts on pay forward,& donated more money to charities. And no I'm not rich. Live on fixed income. Can't vent on here how I really feel w/some of these people will get banned.
Do you mean on this thread specifically or the c5 forums in general? Because if it's just this thread which hasn't even been here 24 hours...you really need to make sure he has the same feelings for you before you push him away . Don't be clingy!
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:50 AM   #86
motorhead
bars suck

Drives: ZL1
Sorry about your loss man. That would suck for sure. While I don't believe in a donation of this type, I think it's silly to run down someone who does. If someone feels the need to donate to this cause why piss on their corn flakes?

Good luck to you on getting back in a hot rod.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:40 AM   #87
TooCool5
Resident Gearhead

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKreme15 View Post
Insurance will replace his car. This is not some kind of tragic story. It's unfortunate, but this man will get a check for a new car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
how do you know ? It depends on the facts.
Sorry, I also don't get it.
^ X2 ^he needs to fight the Ins co.
I have done it many times, he could PM me.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:51 AM   #88
jdcvictory11
Sonja

Drives: '11 LT/RS, '95 Camaro Conv.
I am so sorry to hear about your lose. I am not at a point where I could donate, but I hope things get worked out. I have been helped out numerous times with info from Stieger.
jdcvictory11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:26 PM   #89
Envy
Bully Proof

Drives: C5 COTW 1/31/2011
It's called Karma people...you get what you give in this world! So in other words...Stig has given a lot of his time and knowledge to the users on this site because he obviously enjoys helping people...therefore many of the site users are now willing to give back to him...it's just that simple. Maybe those of you who feel shortchanged by all of this should stop and ask yourselves "What have I done for someone else today?"

I do hope that Stig is able to build a new Camaro that he loves as much as he loved Kaylee and that time will be able to erase the bad memory of her demise...GOOD LUCK!!!
Old 06-08-2013, 01:28 PM   #90
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
How did his car catch fire anyways...
Old 06-08-2013, 01:41 PM   #91
2ss-booya

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
Exactly. And there wouldn't be any useless input if people weren't bring jealous trolls. So if you don't like people donating to RJ, GET OUT OF THE THREAD.
problem is though that whenever the word donation gets thrown around, the entitlement crowd shows up and starts complaining that they aren't on the receiving end.
Old 06-08-2013, 01:41 PM   #92
mikeyg36
The GT Troll Hundred

Drives: Cammed '12 2SS/RS LS3 '15 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ss-booya View Post
problem is though that whenever the word donation gets thrown around, the entitlement crowd shows up and starts complaining that they aren't on the receiving end.
Why do you think our country is messed up?
Old 06-08-2013, 01:43 PM   #93
2ss-booya

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
Why do you think our country is messed up?
lol lots of reasons....i dont think the mods want to see this thread turn political though.
Old 06-08-2013, 01:45 PM   #94
mikeyg36
The GT Troll Hundred

Drives: Cammed '12 2SS/RS LS3 '15 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ss-booya View Post
lol lots of reasons....i dont think the mods want to see this thread turn political though.
Not turning it political just making the generalization that its typical for people nowadays to expect handouts for no reason whatsoever.
Old 06-08-2013, 02:11 PM   #95
5th_GEN_SS
Junkie

Drives: SIM 2SS/RS M6
Wow I am sorry man. Hope it all works out :-\
Old 06-08-2013, 02:18 PM   #96
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Geez what's wrong with some of you people!?? This thread is about helping RJ! If you don't want to help don't post in here!

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 04:07 PM   #97
Scooter11

Drives: 2013 SW 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Geez what's wrong with some of you people!?? This thread is about helping RJ! If you don't want to help don't post in here!
Some people feed off of drama like this, they can't help themselves... Truly unfortunate for the good amongst us.
Scooter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 05:17 PM   #98
PoorMansCamaro
n00b

Drives: Really Slow
Just a suggestions to the mods, if you want to keep this thread up for a while, why not sticky it, and close it. So we can stop the pissing contest?
Old 06-08-2013, 06:09 PM   #99

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
All I can add...(and some of the re-actions/responses are truly telling)...is that I have found in my experience, that someone who truly gives never questions, suggests, prioritizes, seeks equal treatment, or advises how others should give or donate to whatever or whomever they choose....And at the very least "Where's mine?"....lol...

The very act of giving or donating is not a liscense or permit to judge the value of who recieves or the motive and reasons of others who donate...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 06:24 PM   #100
Bornluckee13
I fly

Drives: 2010 2SS, Stick, Cyber Gray
Anybody else have problems with the Paypal link?
There are only two options in life. Fight or flight. Most people run. Almost all people run. But not us. The difference between us and everyone else is that we run towards the gunfire. And that makes all the difference.
Bornluckee13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, camaro, donate, haters go away, stieger, stig