Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vector Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Off-topic Discussions Discuss any off-topic subjects with other members.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2013, 09:38 PM   #1
RubyCamaro
SSlayer
 
RubyCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Springfield, TN
Posts: 13,681
Calling all techies, a little help please

First of all, my att/yahoo email has stopped working when it comes to doing anything with pictures. I don't know why and don't know how to fix it. Secondly, The only way I knew to get pics from my Iphone to C5 was to send them to my email one at a time, then save them to my computer & then put them from my computer onto C5. There has to be a better way. I asked one of my Camaro comrads today & he said he sends his to photobucket which I also have never done & don't know how. I know, I am a mess. Help please.
__________________
RubyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:40 PM   #2
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur
 
Dznts's Avatar
 
Drives: Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3-2007 Tahoe
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 25,689
plug your iphone into your pc and will be able to remove pics much easier.
__________________
Dznts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:44 PM   #3
mikeyg36
The GT Troll Hundred
 
mikeyg36's Avatar
 
Drives: Cammed '12 2SS/RS LS3,'15 Z/28 #533
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Garden City, NY/Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 8,255
Make a photobucket account and download the photobucket app. Then launch the app, and upload all the photos you want. Then just hit the little photo button on C5 and paste the .jpg link to the picture on photobucket.
__________________
Click For Build Thread ***CAI Intake, ARH LTs, FSP Big NA Cam, Tuned By Matt@FSP***
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:45 PM   #4
RubyCamaro
SSlayer
 
RubyCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Springfield, TN
Posts: 13,681
Okay, I can do that I think. I'll try. Thanks.
__________________
RubyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:50 PM   #5
RubyCamaro
SSlayer
 
RubyCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Springfield, TN
Posts: 13,681
Nevermind. I figured it out. But now how do I fix my email??????????????????
__________________

Last edited by RubyCamaro; 06-08-2013 at 10:34 PM.
RubyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:56 PM   #6
mikeyg36
The GT Troll Hundred
 
mikeyg36's Avatar
 
Drives: Cammed '12 2SS/RS LS3,'15 Z/28 #533
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Garden City, NY/Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 8,255
Do what I said above
__________________
Click For Build Thread ***CAI Intake, ARH LTs, FSP Big NA Cam, Tuned By Matt@FSP***
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:13 PM   #7
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime
 
Steve Dallas's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 Stingray Z51 NPP MRC, AudiQ53.0T
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 8,719
No need to make a photobucket account. No need to give out personal information.

The better option is to use Imgur. http://www.imgur.com

You can upload a picture from a file on your computer, or from a web location.

Once you upload the file, make sure you copy down the URL (web address) of the image. Then, point to that image from Camaro5, and your set.

You will still need to get the files from your phone to the computer somehow. E-mailing them works, however if you plug most phones into the computer, it will show up as a hard drive, which you can open. It's a little tricky, but there is usually a folder called DCIM that will hold the images. If you can't figure that out, continue to just e-mail them.

I understand the photobucket account can work from mobile, however I hate having people sign up and give personal information when it's unnecessary.
__________________
2014 LBT Stingray Z51, Mag Ride, Perf Exhst, Comp Seats
I fire up the willing engine, responding with a roar. Tires spitting gravel I commit my weekly crime.
Steve Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:19 PM   #8
mikeyg36
The GT Troll Hundred
 
mikeyg36's Avatar
 
Drives: Cammed '12 2SS/RS LS3,'15 Z/28 #533
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Garden City, NY/Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 8,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
No need to make a photobucket account. No need to give out personal information.

The better option is to use Imgur. http://www.imgur.com

You can upload a picture from a file on your computer, or from a web location.

Once you upload the file, make sure you copy down the URL (web address) of the image. Then, point to that image from Camaro5, and your set.

You will still need to get the files from your phone to the computer somehow. E-mailing them works, however if you plug most phones into the computer, it will show up as a hard drive, which you can open. It's a little tricky, but there is usually a folder called DCIM that will hold the images. If you can't figure that out, continue to just e-mail them.

I understand the photobucket account can work from mobile, however I hate having people sign up and give personal information when it's unnecessary.
I don't consider my email "personal information"
__________________
Click For Build Thread ***CAI Intake, ARH LTs, FSP Big NA Cam, Tuned By Matt@FSP***
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:07 PM   #9
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime
 
Steve Dallas's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 Stingray Z51 NPP MRC, AudiQ53.0T
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 8,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
I don't consider my email "personal information"
Well...an e-mail address is used these days for many other programs. For example, software can be bought...and is tied to an e-mail address. If you give a company an e-mail address and a password, they can use that to perhaps go to other sites and see if that e-mail address and password works there too. Or, online gaming uses the e-mail address. WoW accounts have been hacked this way.

So, yes...giving an e-mail address can be used in harmful ways. There are other ways as well, if you want me to go into all of them...

And, you can say "photobucket wouldn't give away the e-mail address, however MANY sites have been hacked for this information and credit card information, etc. Why give ANY information when you don't have to?
__________________
2014 LBT Stingray Z51, Mag Ride, Perf Exhst, Comp Seats
I fire up the willing engine, responding with a roar. Tires spitting gravel I commit my weekly crime.
Steve Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:11 PM   #10
RubyCamaro
SSlayer
 
RubyCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Springfield, TN
Posts: 13,681
I got the transfer of pics from iphone figured out now but I still need to be able to send, recieve & upload/download pics to/from my e-mail. Any thoughts on why it stopped working or how to fix it?????????????
__________________
RubyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:15 PM   #11
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime
 
Steve Dallas's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 Stingray Z51 NPP MRC, AudiQ53.0T
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 8,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
I got the transfer of pics from iphone figured out now but I still need to be able to send, recieve & upload/download pics to/from my e-mail. Any thoughts on why it stopped working or how to fix it?????????????
The e-mail you said was ATT/Yahoo? Are you trying to do the e-mail on a phone or a computer? What e-mail program are you using?
__________________
2014 LBT Stingray Z51, Mag Ride, Perf Exhst, Comp Seats
I fire up the willing engine, responding with a roar. Tires spitting gravel I commit my weekly crime.
Steve Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:46 PM   #12
RubyCamaro
SSlayer
 
RubyCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Springfield, TN
Posts: 13,681
From my laptop. Not sure what you mean by email program. Mostly use internet explorer because I need it for my work stuff but also have Foxfire & Google Chrome.
__________________
RubyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:51 PM   #13
mikeyg36
The GT Troll Hundred
 
mikeyg36's Avatar
 
Drives: Cammed '12 2SS/RS LS3,'15 Z/28 #533
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Garden City, NY/Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 8,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
Well...an e-mail address is used these days for many other programs. For example, software can be bought...and is tied to an e-mail address. If you give a company an e-mail address and a password, they can use that to perhaps go to other sites and see if that e-mail address and password works there too. Or, online gaming uses the e-mail address. WoW accounts have been hacked this way.

So, yes...giving an e-mail address can be used in harmful ways. There are other ways as well, if you want me to go into all of them...

And, you can say "photobucket wouldn't give away the e-mail address, however MANY sites have been hacked for this information and credit card information, etc. Why give ANY information when you don't have to?
That's why you have one "junk" email and one "legit" email.
__________________
Click For Build Thread ***CAI Intake, ARH LTs, FSP Big NA Cam, Tuned By Matt@FSP***
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:51 PM   #14
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime
 
Steve Dallas's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 Stingray Z51 NPP MRC, AudiQ53.0T
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 8,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
From my laptop. Not sure what you mean by email program. Mostly use internet explorer because I need it for my work stuff but also have Foxfire & Google Chrome.
OK, so you're using your browser to go to Yahoo or AT&T's email account they have for you.

It could be a compatibility problem with the browser, so the first thing I'd do is try it in a different browser. Try Chrome, and see if that makes a difference.

If that's not it...it may be something that your provider (AT&T or Yahoo) has changed the functionality of it's browser based e-mail. You could call them to find out what's up as well.

Be aware that a lot of people use programs like Outlook to connect to their service provider and those programs might be able to do the attachments the browser based program can't.

Anyways, try a different browser and let us know what happens.
__________________
2014 LBT Stingray Z51, Mag Ride, Perf Exhst, Comp Seats
I fire up the willing engine, responding with a roar. Tires spitting gravel I commit my weekly crime.
Steve Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:55 PM   #15
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime
 
Steve Dallas's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 Stingray Z51 NPP MRC, AudiQ53.0T
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 8,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
That's why you have one "junk" email and one "legit" email.
I actually have 3 address' I use. One is for people I know that I use only with people I trust. A friends wife signed me up for a scheduling/event site using that address, and since then I get about 1-2 junk e-mails a month with that account.

A lot of people don't do that though, and that is why some people get tons of spam.

My main point is why give any information when you don't have to. Imgur is as anonymous as you're going to get for hosting images, and there aren't download caps like Photobucket.
__________________
2014 LBT Stingray Z51, Mag Ride, Perf Exhst, Comp Seats
I fire up the willing engine, responding with a roar. Tires spitting gravel I commit my weekly crime.
Steve Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:56 PM   #16
mikeyg36
The GT Troll Hundred
 
mikeyg36's Avatar
 
Drives: Cammed '12 2SS/RS LS3,'15 Z/28 #533
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Garden City, NY/Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 8,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
I actually have 3 address' I use. One is for people I know that I use only with people I trust. A friends wife signed me up for a scheduling/event site using that address, and since then I get about 1-2 junk e-mails a month with that account.

A lot of people don't do that though, and that is why some people get tons of spam.

My main point is why give any information when you don't have to. Imgur is as anonymous as you're going to get for hosting images, and there aren't download caps like Photobucket.
I just like it because I can organize them, store them, and make them private, ad well as share between all of my devices.
__________________
Click For Build Thread ***CAI Intake, ARH LTs, FSP Big NA Cam, Tuned By Matt@FSP***
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:05 AM   #17
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime
 
Steve Dallas's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 Stingray Z51 NPP MRC, AudiQ53.0T
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 8,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
I just like it because I can organize them, store them, and make them private, ad well as share between all of my devices.
Fair enough. I do use my ISP's storage for hosting. I also have a server I run that can host stuff as well, though I don't use that often. I tend to use Filezilla to FTP...just much easier to manage directories that way.

A lot of people don't realize their ISP can host files for them...many give a lot of space just because you are using them as your ISP.
__________________
2014 LBT Stingray Z51, Mag Ride, Perf Exhst, Comp Seats
I fire up the willing engine, responding with a roar. Tires spitting gravel I commit my weekly crime.
Steve Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:07 AM   #18
mikeyg36
The GT Troll Hundred
 
mikeyg36's Avatar
 
Drives: Cammed '12 2SS/RS LS3,'15 Z/28 #533
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Garden City, NY/Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 8,255
I didn't know that
__________________
Click For Build Thread ***CAI Intake, ARH LTs, FSP Big NA Cam, Tuned By Matt@FSP***
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:20 AM   #19
RubyCamaro
SSlayer
 
RubyCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Springfield, TN
Posts: 13,681
It would appear that internet explorer may be the culprit (again) I had to get the other brousers because Facebook & my Camaro Club emails would not work on internet explorer. I'll check into it more when I'm not exhausted. Thanks for your help.
__________________
RubyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:16 AM   #20
Decibel JJ
Car nut
 
Decibel JJ's Avatar
 
Drives: Tahoe Z71, Race cars
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 690
Umm, I can bang two rocks together ..
__________________
Quote: Don't you just hate it when Satan steals your ride and does all these weird ass mods to it?

R.I.P. Evan .. A true Friend
Decibel JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:40 PM   #21
moserbe
 
moserbe's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wellsboro, Pa
Posts: 747
Hell, email isn't private, the government has all of them on file.
__________________
moserbe is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.