Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

DJ Grilles
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 06-08-2013, 09:05 PM   #1
Nighthawk89

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2Ss
Kooks high flow cats installed

I deff like the sound a lot better with the high flows over the offroad catless mids. Sounds perfect with the SLP 1 axle backs. Now its just time to install that X pipe and be done with the exhaust. If your looking for a good person to install your stuff in the ventura county area my guy is bar none the best at what he does. Has his own lift and is very tedious with his work.
Nighthawk89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:39 PM   #2
BlaqWhole

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Yea I recently went from an offroad X-pipe on my 03 Mustang GT to a catted X-pipe. It sounds better. Catted systems sound better, they aren't as annoyingly tinny, they are better for the environment, and they don't smell anywhere near as bad as non-catted systems. I will never go with an off-road system again. My SS has HF cats and it will have them as long as I keep her.

Esmeralda (03 GT) - UDP, CAI, PP intake manifold/upper plenum/75mm TB, 4.10s, fully rebuilt/upgraded trans w/ Transpak, 2400 stall converter, full O/R exhaust, 04 Cobra tank/dual 255 LPH pumps, Sniper Tune!!

Saving the world...1 hp at a time!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:30 PM   #3
MarylandSpeed

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
The cats do keep the sound down some. With an aggressive exhaust like you have, we would definatly recommend.

MarylandSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:29 PM   #4
Nighthawk89

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post
The cats do keep the sound down some. With an aggressive exhaust like you have, we would definatly recommend.
I didnt realize it at the time I ordered my noncatted mids. But im glad I habe both mid setups now for when I supercharge it. But I ordered my HF's and long tubes thru you guys and have referred a handful of people to you guys as well! Great products and the best prices thats forsure.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:30 PM   #5
Nighthawk89

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Yea I recently went from an offroad X-pipe on my 03 Mustang GT to a catted X-pipe. It sounds better. Catted systems sound better, they aren't as annoyingly tinny, they are better for the environment, and they don't smell anywhere near as bad as non-catted systems. I will never go with an off-road system again. My SS has HF cats and it will have them as long as I keep her.

What X pipe are you running? Im looking at the magnaflows
Old 06-08-2013, 11:34 PM   #6
ForgedReality
Envy

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS - Black hood/hockey
Yeah get the Maganflow.
ForgedReality is offline   Reply With Quote