Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Jason 98 TA
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion Come chat about other cars.

Old 06-09-2013, 04:51 PM   #1
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Looks like Ford has top loyalty.....

Though Chevy is third behind Ford and Toyota I guess not bad....but Ford is way out in front....I would a thought Nissan would be the top, every person I've ever met who bought a Nissan is adamant they will never buy another brand....I think they lace crack into the floor mats or something...may be why they didn't list them, would of blown the rest out of the water....

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/car-buye...220530953.html
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:11 PM   #2
TheReaper

Drives: 2014 Mustang GT
The Mustang owners manual says to make sure that you sniff the floormats every day.
TheReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:12 PM   #3
calebparkin3

Drives: 2012 TF3, 2012 F150, 2013 5.0
I was brought up on fords, but have a love for all American cars. I'm not happy with where Ford is at with it current line up( besides the F150 and Mustang) their cars IMO are ugly over priced turds. I will not be going back to Ford at the moment. Fixing to trade the Camaro and Mustang in on a new terrain or equinox. Thinking about taking my first step into a GM V8 by selling the truck for a G8 GT. can't decide if I should or not.
calebparkin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:07 AM   #4
Deki

Drives: 2011 Mustang GT
I have a love for anything that offers me a great car for a great price. I have no loyalty to any one brand of anything. My dad will not buy anything other then a Toyota, and my mom won't buy anything other then a Nissan. They think they are the most amazing things in the world. I personally don't get it, but whatever.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:29 AM   #5
87GNX

Drives: Alot
Ford is making some great cars and trucks these days. It shows especially in F series and Stangs.
87GNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:33 AM   #6
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
If the latest Mustang refresh didn't look so goofy to me, I'd have bought one
Old 06-11-2013, 04:40 PM   #7
Rhyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
If the latest Mustang refresh didn't look so goofy to me, I'd have bought one
I just cant get on board with the last couple Mustang looks, the front mostly
Old 06-11-2013, 05:21 PM   #8
87GNX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
I just cant get on board with the last couple Mustang looks, the front mostly
This doesn't look good? I like it....

Old 06-11-2013, 05:23 PM   #9
Rhyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87GNX View Post
This doesn't look good? I like it....

its like a fish..the rally style lights in the grill are stupid as well......If I wanted an ugly front like that I would get an Audi.....
Old 06-11-2013, 06:12 PM   #10
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
its like a fish..the rally style lights in the grill are stupid as well......If I wanted an ugly front like that I would get an Audi.....
Really? The lights are homage to the origional GTs/Bosses, there is nothing fishy in that, for fishy you need to look at the 98-02 Camaro catfish (which i actually liked).
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:24 PM   #11
Rhyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
Really? The lights are homage to the origional GTs/Bosses, there is nothing fishy in that, for fishy you need to look at the 98-02 Camaro catfish (which i actually liked).
ya I still don't think the lights belong there, and as to fish, the grill looks like a small mouth bass mouth to me, and the headlights just don't flow.

Maybe if they curved the top of the headlights, maybe flattened out the top grill similar to the bottom one, and didn't put a foot wide divider between them....

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a brand guy, I get, to the best of my ability, a vehicle that meets whatever criteria I have at the time and will last the longest and fits my price point..(though, to be honest, as I've owned Chevy, Dodge and Ford trucks in my past, I do have a huge leaning towards the F150, so I might have a branding in the truck department, not that I wouldn't get something else if it fit better, but I lean heavily towards the F150)..

so I'm not just down playing it cause its a "Ford", I just honestly don't like the front. I was looking at both the Mustang and the Camaro and just think the Camaro is the better looking vehicle.....

I will give points to the Mustang over the Camaro on the rear in some places though. I think the rear though still looking good, is the weak point on the Camaro if I have to be completely technical.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:31 PM   #12
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Quote:
ya I still don't think the lights belong there, and as to fish, the grill looks like a small mouth bass mouth to me, and the headlights just don't flow.

Maybe if they curved the top of the headlights, maybe flattened out the top grill similar to the bottom one, and didn't put a foot wide divider between them....

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a brand guy, I get, to the best of my ability, a vehicle that meets whatever criteria I have at the time and will last the longest and fits my price point..(though, to be honest, as I've owned Chevy, Dodge and Ford trucks in my past, I do have a huge leaning towards the F150, so I might have a branding in the truck department, not that I wouldn't get something else if it fit better, but I lean heavily towards the F150)..

so I'm not just down playing it cause its a "Ford", I just honestly don't like the front. I was looking at both the Mustang and the Camaro and just think the Camaro is the better looking vehicle.....

I will give points to the Mustang over the Camaro on the rear in some places though. I think the rear though still looking good, is the weak point on the Camaro if I have to be completely technical.

Proof we all have our own valid opinions. For me, the pointy plastic grill inside the squared off grill opening looks stupid. Other than that I quite like the Camaro. So for me, the Mustang has a better looking front end, and the '13 is better looking than my '12.

Help make it happen for Fast Myles Racing '15 TRAK Kart Racing Sponsorship http://igg.me/p/fast-myles-racing-15...ship/x/9223957 #indiegogo via @indiegogo
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:57 PM   #13
87GNX

I am with you ^. The front of the Camaro is not that great but the rear end is.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:12 AM   #14
derklug

Drives: 12 Boss 302
I wonder what percentage of Ford loyalty is from trucks. Truck guys don't seem to switch much.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:22 AM   #15
Rock on

Drives: black 2011 2ss
Chevy cars and Ford & Dodge trucks here I like the looks of chevy trucks but I pull every day and Chevy just don't have the suspension
Old 06-13-2013, 12:57 AM   #16
Q'smuscle
life with muscle

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
LOL ... everything that you people don't like about one of these cars are from the original . The lights on the mustang original and the 13s look sweet other years are nice too.. The camaro pointy front grill is original 60's. I have no problem with any of these cars looks . Sweet cars! I would have all three muscle cars if I could. but camaro all the way.

Last edited by Q'smuscle; 06-13-2013 at 01:09 AM.
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:18 PM   #17
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
LOL ... everything that you people don't like about one of these cars are from the original . The lights on the mustang original and the 13s look sweet other years are nice too.. The camaro pointy front grill is original 60's. I have no problem with any of these cars looks . Sweet cars! I would have all three muscle cars if I could. but camaro all the way.
Sorry, but I find the current car's "pointy" front end a caricature of the original.
Attached Images

Help make it happen for Fast Myles Racing '15 TRAK Kart Racing Sponsorship http://igg.me/p/fast-myles-racing-15...ship/x/9223957 #indiegogo via @indiegogo
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:29 PM   #18
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
I just feel like the mustang has no shoulders. Its like an anorexic car!
AmericanMuscleCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:41 PM   #19
Q'smuscle
life with muscle

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
Sorry, but I find the current car's "pointy" front end a caricature of the original.
see, they do look alike. The front of the 60's camaro just look flatter . Well the front end that is. Not the grill . Well yea, we see the same. But a lot of the car is bigger and stands out more than the 60's Camaro