Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 07-04-2013, 08:46 PM   #783
tonymac

Drives: '14 Blk SS 2SS/RS 1LE - SOLD :-(
I am not going to wire the switches until I have the controller hooked up. I figure they will be doing a lot of other wiring at that time. I am still waiting for the pressure gauge anyway...so no point since I would have to pull out panel to install it.
tonymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:08 PM   #784
IneedAZ

Drives: 2012 2LT RS
I still haven't made up my mind which gauge to get...either the dynotunenitrous rectangle or the glow shift round...will dedide once I have the switches hooked up
2012: Vmax TBody, CAI w/scoop, Solo HFC, ZL1 FP, Magnaflow TruX, Dynomax VT, Elite catch can, HP Tune, Throttle Contoller, BMR; Springs, Sways, Trailing Arms, Toe Ends, & Safety Loop, Koni str.t, Pioneer Z150bh, Phoenix Gold Sub, Hertz speakers & 5ch Amp, SS rear with 3.91 gears w/Eaton TrueTrac, and BMR bushings, Baer Decela Rotors, Goodridge brake lines, Brembo(GM) 4 piston calipers, Hawk Ceramic pads, and Michelin PSS tires, N.O. Nitrous, JacFab 3/4" intake spacer, and ported intake, Circle D 5c. 12.3@112
IneedAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:36 PM   #785
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
You need the wot switch too. A window switch only accounts for spraying at certain rpms whether it be wot or not. A wot pedal switch will make sure your at wot. If you don't wire the wot switch, the system will spray at the rpms even if your not wot which is not good at all

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:01 PM   #786
tonymac

I updated the pdf file. Included a couple other pics (one of yours IneedAZ - TB assembly one).
There is a lot more I want to add or change, but I need to send it to Dan and see what he thinks. Right now it is 98% DEI with only minor tweaks and formatting.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:35 AM   #787
mc_acoustic

Drives: 2010 1LT Limited Edition Camaro A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonymac View Post
I updated the pdf file. Included a couple other pics (one of yours IneedAZ - TB assembly one).
There is a lot more I want to add or change, but I need to send it to Dan and see what he thinks. Right now it is 98% DEI with only minor tweaks and formatting.
How long did it take you to install?
mc_acoustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:45 AM   #788
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
You need the wot switch too. A window switch only accounts for spraying at certain rpms whether it be wot or not. A wot pedal switch will make sure your at wot. If you don't wire the wot switch, the system will spray at the rpms even if your not wot which is not good at all
The WOT switch is built into the system, I believe.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:51 AM   #789
etmx183

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT RS, 04 Turbo Busa
Your bottle needs to have the nozzle pointing down not sideways for best results. It looks like the taller bracket is at the back of the bottle it must be at the front. The bottle uses a siphon tube to suck the liquid nitrous from the bottom, ( where the line connects ) if the front is lower than the back the tube will not be sitting in the liquid to suck it up. Same principle for the not sideways mounting. See the link below for details.

Quote:
I didn't get any boom mat, but I had already had some vibration/sound dampener and added insulation to the carpet & side of the trunk, when I had my audio system installed. Here is a pic of the tank mounted - very similar to your. Notice the back of the sub box is only a couple inches from tank.
CAI intake, RX catch can, Nitrous Outlet Plate system, RX Ported Throttle body, APEX air scoop, SOLO HFCs, JacFab ported manifold and upper intake isolator, Solo cat back Mach X system, 3.91 gears, Weld RT-S, 1 piece DSS driveshaft Stall convertor by:CIRCLE D

TUNING BY:MagnumForce / HP Tuners
13.407@101.72 N/A 11/21/2015
HP Tuners /MATT@FSP
12.03@115.69 nitrous
etmx183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:08 AM   #790
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray Z51-Ho-Vette
The bottle also needs to be facing for and aft, with the pickup in the rear accounting for acceleration, the NOS will be forced to the back of the bottle during acceleration

2015 Corvette Stingray Z51, 7 Speed, Competition Seats, Red Calipers, Carbon Flash Badges and Trim, Adrenaline Red Interior, Custom Stripes, Tint, Lowered on stock bolts, Z06 Grill, Z06 Splitter, Borla Exhaust (soon)
sycraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:35 AM   #791
tonymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by etmx183 View Post
Your bottle needs to have the nozzle pointing down not sideways for best results. It looks like the taller bracket is at the back of the bottle it must be at the front. The bottle uses a siphon tube to suck the liquid nitrous from the bottom, ( where the line connects ) if the front is lower than the back the tube will not be sitting in the liquid to suck it up. Same principle for the not sideways mounting. See the link below for details.
The NYTrex bottle has a "Up" stamped at the top on the neck. So I was assuming that needed to be facing up. So I need to rotate the bottle? I don't think the remote opener will fit if I turned it to face down. Will need to check if that is what needs to be done.
The taller bracket is at the front - the bottle leans down towards the back. I have a 2" thick insulation under the carpet so it is deceiving looking.

Not really sure how long it took me as I did a little bit on Wednesday night, some Thursday morning and some Thursday night. Maybe 3 - 4 hours total, but I have not wired the switches yet.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:19 PM   #792
IneedAZ

Well, just got home from a 7 hour road trip and UPS still hasn't delivered my switches...Hopefully soon as that's my project tomorrow.

I hope you guys remembered to clean your TB and MAS while you had it off. Apparently DEI was closed today so I don't have a definite on the opener wiring.
2012: Vmax TBody, CAI w/scoop, Solo HFC, ZL1 FP, Magnaflow TruX, Dynomax VT, Elite catch can, HP Tune, Throttle Contoller, BMR; Springs, Sways, Trailing Arms, Toe Ends, & Safety Loop, Koni str.t, Pioneer Z150bh, Phoenix Gold Sub, Hertz speakers & 5ch Amp, SS rear with 3.91 gears w/Eaton TrueTrac, and BMR bushings, Baer Decela Rotors, Goodridge brake lines, Brembo(GM) 4 piston calipers, Hawk Ceramic pads, and Michelin PSS tires, N.O. Nitrous, JacFab 3/4" intake spacer, and ported intake, Circle D 5c. 12.3@112
Old 07-05-2013, 06:24 PM   #793
IneedAZ

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231100

link provided by Ny-Trex shows the bottle same way we have it. They did mark the bottle with a sticker that says up
Old 07-05-2013, 07:03 PM   #794
IneedAZ

Well, momentary excitement now depression...UPS brought the Nitrous Outlet switch plate but I noticed when I took it out of the package it has 2 nicks in the metal. Guess Monday I will be calling them for a replacement. Still plan to finish wiring tomorrow anyway - the switches.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:20 PM   #795
tonymac

I emailed them as well about the opener wiring along with the formatted pdf file. Maybe we will know on Monday.
Are those nicks bad, beyond repair - or is it just a matter of being new and like me, you don't want it to be damaged from the get-go? Sux though...
If it makes you feel better, the guy I bought the gauge from printed/paid for a label, but it does not look like he delivered to PO. Date of 7/2 when label was printed (Priority Mail) and nothing, not even an acknowledgement from PO. I think I will buy the Glow Shift in the meantime and then just get my money back on the other.
I might work on the switch wiring tomorrow, even without the gauge. Getting brakes upgraded in the morning, so we shall see...
GL with the switch panel!
Old 07-05-2013, 09:28 PM   #796
IneedAZ

Thanks...will be challenging wiring everything to these switches and to include the window switch without much in the way of directions.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:25 PM   #797
tonymac

If the toggle switches are just generic like what I have...see if this diagram helps you.
Attached Images

Old 07-06-2013, 03:47 AM   #798
mc_acoustic

Drives: 2010 1LT Limited Edition Camaro A6
Quote:
I think what was said for the most part is a couple people want to have a Wideband Air/Fuel ratio gauge (where the bung came into play) and a remote pressure gauge. There are a ton of choices out there...

I really want to make sure I do things right, my kit will be here monday.

The wideband air/fuel ratio gauge, what does this do with the kit?

And a remote pressure gauge, what does this do aswell?
mc_acoustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:44 AM   #799
IneedAZ

I did find online instructions for the NOS brand bottle opener and it says 12v switched source...that sucks as the battery is right there near the bottle..now I have to run a line back to the front.