Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Classic Design Concepts
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Chevy Camaro vs... Comparison of Chevy Camaro versus its competition. *NO STREET RACING STORIES*

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2013, 12:44 AM   #51
BlaqWhole

 
BlaqWhole's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,598
OP, as established already, you basically won't have a chance. Even if he makes an error or isn't a good driver he will still beat you. However, you might have a better shot with a roll-on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBM camaro View Post
There is a v6 twin turbo on this forum that made just over 600rwtq running 11s. Look at the FI dyno list and read his build Gretchen
Yea, and he probably needed about 20 lbs of boost to do that. A twin turbo LS3 can make that much hp with less than 10 lbs. And the LS3 will make a crapload more torque!! In fact, one company on here made 700 RWHP with 10 lbs. Add other mods and the difference becomes more and more astronomical, lol!!
__________________
Nadia (2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3) - Vararam CAI - SLP Underdrive Pulley - V-Max TB and Power Wedge - OBX 1-7/8 LTs with HF Cats - OBX 3" Cat-Back - Custom Predator Tune - BER Ported Intake Manifold!!

Esmeralda (03 GT) - UDP, CAI, PP intake manifold/upper plenum/75mm TB, 4.10s, fully rebuilt/upgraded trans w/ Transpak, 2400 stall converter, full O/R exhaust, 04 Cobra tank/dual 255 LPH pumps, Sniper Tune!!

Saving the world...1 hp at a time!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:10 AM   #52
08-G35s/6MT

 
08-G35s/6MT's Avatar
 
Drives: racecars
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: BMN
Posts: 1,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt View Post
I almost agree with this. JEEZUS what am I saying. But it's more like comparing a mid 13 second car to a mid 14 second car on average. Throw out the glory runs from both.
I beat a Camaro ss on a highway in venezuala, lol autobots crap all over it and flashing blue lights in the grille.

I recorded a quick video after

08-G35s/6MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:54 AM   #53
BlaqWhole

 
BlaqWhole's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,598
I don't understand what you were getting at with that statement.
__________________
Nadia (2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3) - Vararam CAI - SLP Underdrive Pulley - V-Max TB and Power Wedge - OBX 1-7/8 LTs with HF Cats - OBX 3" Cat-Back - Custom Predator Tune - BER Ported Intake Manifold!!

Esmeralda (03 GT) - UDP, CAI, PP intake manifold/upper plenum/75mm TB, 4.10s, fully rebuilt/upgraded trans w/ Transpak, 2400 stall converter, full O/R exhaust, 04 Cobra tank/dual 255 LPH pumps, Sniper Tune!!

Saving the world...1 hp at a time!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:36 AM   #54
Deki

 
Deki's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Mustang GT
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I don't understand what you were getting at with that statement.
Same thing that I'm getting at with this statement:

-I was on my high school soccer team and we beat one of our rivals.


same relevance.
__________________
2011 GT Premium//Performance White...a little modded
Deki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:15 AM   #55
FaytalsCamaro
Distributor of Liquor
 
FaytalsCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: My Wife Crazy
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
Same thing that I'm getting at with this statement:

-I was on my high school soccer team and we beat one of our rivals.


same relevance.
LMAO epic post
FaytalsCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:05 AM   #56
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 5,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
OP, as established already, you basically won't have a chance. Even if he makes an error or isn't a good driver he will still beat you. However, you might have a better shot with a roll-on.



Yea, and he probably needed about 20 lbs of boost to do that. A twin turbo LS3 can make that much hp with less than 10 lbs. And the LS3 will make a crapload more torque!! In fact, one company on here made 700 RWHP with 10 lbs. Add other mods and the difference becomes more and more astronomical, lol!!
Can't compare boost numbers across platforms. It is quantity of air and fuel that make power. Different turbos flow different mounts of air for a given amount of boost. So does the piping, intercooler, heads, etc...
__________________
EFR Twin Turbo LFX-GPI Tune-ZL1 fuel pump-10:1 CR forged pistons-3.45 gear-Meth Injection-BMR Trailing Arms, Bushings & Sway Bars-CircleD 4000 Stall-GPI Fuel Enrichment System
647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ @18.5 psi on 93 Octane (locked converter)
1/8 mile -- 7.158 @ 102.10 (20psi); old build
Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:48 AM   #57
BlaqWhole

 
BlaqWhole's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Can't compare boost numbers across platforms. It is quantity of air and fuel that make power. Different turbos flow different mounts of air for a given amount of boost. So does the piping, intercooler, heads, etc...
Yes of course you can compare them. If you throw numbers out the, then they can be compared to other numbers. Boost is what is making the power. The fact is that an engine with boost will make X amount of power. A more efficient engine will make more power with less boost. At some point tho an engine will reach it's limit as to efficiency and more boost will be needed. So you can compare how much boost it would take an engine of smaller size to make the same amount of power as an engine of a larger size. And given similar boost and engine efficiency (head flow, cam specs, etc) a larger engine will always make more power than a smaller engine with the same amount of boost. Those Evo guys making 500 hp in their engines, they need 15 lbs of boost. And that's with modded cars. LS3 engines can make close to 600 hp with less than half that with an otherwise bone stock car. Give a Viper the same boost as an LS3 and it will make even more power (obviously).
__________________
Nadia (2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3) - Vararam CAI - SLP Underdrive Pulley - V-Max TB and Power Wedge - OBX 1-7/8 LTs with HF Cats - OBX 3" Cat-Back - Custom Predator Tune - BER Ported Intake Manifold!!

Esmeralda (03 GT) - UDP, CAI, PP intake manifold/upper plenum/75mm TB, 4.10s, fully rebuilt/upgraded trans w/ Transpak, 2400 stall converter, full O/R exhaust, 04 Cobra tank/dual 255 LPH pumps, Sniper Tune!!

Saving the world...1 hp at a time!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:34 PM   #58
bowtieguyvegas
 
bowtieguyvegas's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 RS/SS and 2012 2LT/RS
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Las Vegas Nevada
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
Same thing that I'm getting at with this statement:

-I was on my high school soccer team and we beat one of our rivals.


same relevance.
oh ya we bet you to the soccor field in our g35 mt6 or 7 or whatever
bowtieguyvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:53 PM   #59
chicagobulls
one car wolfpack
 
chicagobulls's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro V6
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Yes of course you can compare them. If you throw numbers out the, then they can be compared to other numbers. Boost is what is making the power. The fact is that an engine with boost will make X amount of power. A more efficient engine will make more power with less boost. At some point tho an engine will reach it's limit as to efficiency and more boost will be needed. So you can compare how much boost it would take an engine of smaller size to make the same amount of power as an engine of a larger size. And given similar boost and engine efficiency (head flow, cam specs, etc) a larger engine will always make more power than a smaller engine with the same amount of boost. Those Evo guys making 500 hp in their engines, they need 15 lbs of boost. And that's with modded cars. LS3 engines can make close to 600 hp with less than half that with an otherwise bone stock car. Give a Viper the same boost as an LS3 and it will make even more power (obviously).
Well the v6 is only 3.6 liters while the SS is 6.2. Lol

A v6 3.6 with 20 psi boost is more efficient than a 6.2 v8 with 10 psi boost IMO.

Which car is more efficient?
chicagobulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:59 PM   #60
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 5,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Yes of course you can compare them. If you throw numbers out the, then they can be compared to other numbers. Boost is what is making the power. The fact is that an engine with boost will make X amount of power. A more efficient engine will make more power with less boost. At some point tho an engine will reach it's limit as to efficiency and more boost will be needed. So you can compare how much boost it would take an engine of smaller size to make the same amount of power as an engine of a larger size. And given similar boost and engine efficiency (head flow, cam specs, etc) a larger engine will always make more power than a smaller engine with the same amount of boost. Those Evo guys making 500 hp in their engines, they need 15 lbs of boost. And that's with modded cars. LS3 engines can make close to 600 hp with less than half that with an otherwise bone stock car. Give a Viper the same boost as an LS3 and it will make even more power (obviously).
You are ignoring that an LS3 flows more air before it gets boosted. Once both cars are boosted, adding the same amount of air and fuel will result is a similar amount of HP gain. But is the amount of air flowing, not the boost, that is making the difference. The turbo I have is the smallest in the EFR line. It maxes out at 23 psi. I can go up one step in turbo size and make more power but that turbo still maxes out at 23 psi. Same boost, more power. What's the difference? The larger turbo flows more air for given boost.

If a LS3 motor was equipped with two of my turbos I very seriously doubt it would make any more power than mine does. It would probably make less because it would have to run richer to handle the higher cylinder temps. They have to run a pretty big turbo to make 600 HP on just 9-10 psi.
__________________
EFR Twin Turbo LFX-GPI Tune-ZL1 fuel pump-10:1 CR forged pistons-3.45 gear-Meth Injection-BMR Trailing Arms, Bushings & Sway Bars-CircleD 4000 Stall-GPI Fuel Enrichment System
647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ @18.5 psi on 93 Octane (locked converter)
1/8 mile -- 7.158 @ 102.10 (20psi); old build
Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:08 PM   #61
BlaqWhole

 
BlaqWhole's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagobulls View Post
Well the v6 is only 3.6 liters while the SS is 6.2. Lol

A v6 3.6 with 20 psi boost is more efficient than a 6.2 v8 with 10 psi boost IMO.

Which car is more efficient?
How do you figure that? And don't dare say hp per cubic inches. If a 3.6 at 20 lbs of boost makes the same hp as a V8 with half the boost then obviously the V8 engine is more efficient. Because it is using less positive pressure but making the same hp. I don't think you quite understand the concept of efficient hp.
__________________
Nadia (2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3) - Vararam CAI - SLP Underdrive Pulley - V-Max TB and Power Wedge - OBX 1-7/8 LTs with HF Cats - OBX 3" Cat-Back - Custom Predator Tune - BER Ported Intake Manifold!!

Esmeralda (03 GT) - UDP, CAI, PP intake manifold/upper plenum/75mm TB, 4.10s, fully rebuilt/upgraded trans w/ Transpak, 2400 stall converter, full O/R exhaust, 04 Cobra tank/dual 255 LPH pumps, Sniper Tune!!

Saving the world...1 hp at a time!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:12 PM   #62
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 5,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
How do you figure that? And don't dare say hp per cubic inches. If a 3.6 at 20 lbs of boost makes the same hp as a V8 with half the boost then obviously the V8 engine is more efficient. Because it is using less positive pressure but making the same hp. I don't think you quite understand the concept of efficient hp.
You seem to be unfamiliar with forced induction and the concepts of volumetric effeciency and effective displacement.
__________________
EFR Twin Turbo LFX-GPI Tune-ZL1 fuel pump-10:1 CR forged pistons-3.45 gear-Meth Injection-BMR Trailing Arms, Bushings & Sway Bars-CircleD 4000 Stall-GPI Fuel Enrichment System
647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ @18.5 psi on 93 Octane (locked converter)
1/8 mile -- 7.158 @ 102.10 (20psi); old build
Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:29 PM   #63
BlaqWhole

 
BlaqWhole's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
You are ignoring that an LS3 flows more air before it gets boosted. Once both cars are boosted, adding the same amount of air and fuel will result is a similar amount of HP gain. But is the amount of air flowing, not the boost, that is making the difference. The turbo I have is the smallest in the EFR line. It maxes out at 23 psi. I can go up one step in turbo size and make more power but that turbo still maxes out at 23 psi. Same boost, more power. What's the difference? The larger turbo flows more air for given boost.

If a LS3 motor was equipped with two of my turbos I very seriously doubt it would make any more power than mine does. It would probably make less because it would have to run richer to handle the higher cylinder temps. They have to run a pretty big turbo to make 600 HP on just 9-10 psi.
Ok I think I see your point. Yes it is about how much air is moved into and out of an engine. But that amount of air is moving because of positive pressure. Without the boost, that engine would never flow that amount of air. So yes, bigger turbos will make more hp for the same amount of boost because it will move more air. And that is the same thing as a bigger engine making more power with the same amount of boost. Because the engine can flow more air. So your car with X turbo will make X hp. Increase the turbo size and you can make the same hp with less boost or you can make more hp with the same boost. An LS3 will do the same given properly sized turbos. Your two turbos would likely be too small for a 6.2 to be efficient. And heat would be a major issue. And on the other hand, two turbos sized for a 6.2 would not be an efficient set-up for your engine because they are too big. But give both engines properly sized turbos and the 6.2 will make more with less boost. I think we are basically saying the same thing in different ways.
__________________
Nadia (2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3) - Vararam CAI - SLP Underdrive Pulley - V-Max TB and Power Wedge - OBX 1-7/8 LTs with HF Cats - OBX 3" Cat-Back - Custom Predator Tune - BER Ported Intake Manifold!!

Esmeralda (03 GT) - UDP, CAI, PP intake manifold/upper plenum/75mm TB, 4.10s, fully rebuilt/upgraded trans w/ Transpak, 2400 stall converter, full O/R exhaust, 04 Cobra tank/dual 255 LPH pumps, Sniper Tune!!

Saving the world...1 hp at a time!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:38 PM   #64
BlaqWhole

 
BlaqWhole's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
You seem to be unfamiliar with forced induction and the concepts of volumetric effeciency and effective displacement.
No I know what I'm talking about. But if you're soo confident, how about you explain yourself without quoting an article or book or something from a Google search. Because if you think an engine making 600 hp at 20 lbs of boost is more efficient than an engine making 600 hp at 10 lbs of boost...then you are very wrong.
__________________
Nadia (2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3) - Vararam CAI - SLP Underdrive Pulley - V-Max TB and Power Wedge - OBX 1-7/8 LTs with HF Cats - OBX 3" Cat-Back - Custom Predator Tune - BER Ported Intake Manifold!!

Esmeralda (03 GT) - UDP, CAI, PP intake manifold/upper plenum/75mm TB, 4.10s, fully rebuilt/upgraded trans w/ Transpak, 2400 stall converter, full O/R exhaust, 04 Cobra tank/dual 255 LPH pumps, Sniper Tune!!

Saving the world...1 hp at a time!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:40 PM   #65
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 5,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Ok I think I see your point. Yes it is about how much air is moved into and out of an engine. But that amount of air is moving because of positive pressure. Without the boost, that engine would never flow that amount of air. So yes, bigger turbos will make more hp for the same amount of boost because it will move more air. And that is the same thing as a bigger engine making more power with the same amount of boost. Because the engine can flow more air. So your car with X turbo will make X hp. Increase the turbo size and you can make the same hp with less boost or you can make more hp with the same boost. An LS3 will do the same given properly sized turbos. Your two turbos would likely be too small for a 6.2 to be efficient. And heat would be a major issue. And on the other hand, two turbos sized for a 6.2 would not be an efficient set-up for your engine because they are too big. But give both engines properly sized turbos and the 6.2 will make more with less boost. I think we are basically saying the same thing in different ways.
Okay, but the limit is turbo size is really a limit on the exhaust gasses. I could run the same turbo size as the 6.2L and probably make the same peak power (up to the point where I can't turn them over), but low-end power would be nothing. Boost only lets you push more air into the motor than it can "draw" naturally. After that is is simply a mater of volume. Two motors with the same effective displacement will make similar power. NA displacement is not important from that point until you go so big on the turbos that the small engine can't spool the turbo anymore.

Given the same volume of air going into a port injection engine and a direct inject engine, the DI engie will make more power because it can run leaner without detonation. Watch what kind of power the LT1 makes when people start going FI on them. I wouldn't be suprised if they make over 80 HP/eL and 190+ HP/L.
__________________
EFR Twin Turbo LFX-GPI Tune-ZL1 fuel pump-10:1 CR forged pistons-3.45 gear-Meth Injection-BMR Trailing Arms, Bushings & Sway Bars-CircleD 4000 Stall-GPI Fuel Enrichment System
647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ @18.5 psi on 93 Octane (locked converter)
1/8 mile -- 7.158 @ 102.10 (20psi); old build
Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:58 PM   #66
BlaqWhole

 
BlaqWhole's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,598
Ok I get what you're saying (you can disregard my previous post BTW). We are on the same page. You could make the same power if you could move the same volume of air. And that is what displacement, boost, higher flowing heads, compression, etc is all about...moving a larger volume of air.
__________________
Nadia (2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3) - Vararam CAI - SLP Underdrive Pulley - V-Max TB and Power Wedge - OBX 1-7/8 LTs with HF Cats - OBX 3" Cat-Back - Custom Predator Tune - BER Ported Intake Manifold!!

Esmeralda (03 GT) - UDP, CAI, PP intake manifold/upper plenum/75mm TB, 4.10s, fully rebuilt/upgraded trans w/ Transpak, 2400 stall converter, full O/R exhaust, 04 Cobra tank/dual 255 LPH pumps, Sniper Tune!!

Saving the world...1 hp at a time!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:59 PM   #67
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 5,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Ok I get what you're saying (you can disregard my previous post BTW). We are on the same page. You could make the same power if you could move the same volume of air. And that is what displacement, boost, higher flowing heads, compression, etc is all about...moving a larger volume of air.
Yeap, we are on the same page.
__________________
EFR Twin Turbo LFX-GPI Tune-ZL1 fuel pump-10:1 CR forged pistons-3.45 gear-Meth Injection-BMR Trailing Arms, Bushings & Sway Bars-CircleD 4000 Stall-GPI Fuel Enrichment System
647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ @18.5 psi on 93 Octane (locked converter)
1/8 mile -- 7.158 @ 102.10 (20psi); old build
Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:46 PM   #68
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 5,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt View Post
You keep talking about boost pressure but it's the amount of air a turbo can supply which is more important than how much pressure it'll make. For example. I had a SRT-4 that came stock with a Tdo4 turbo. It was capable of moving 32 pounds of air per minute MAX in stock configuration. It didn't matter if it was at 18 PSI or 20 PSI. It was only going to flow 32 PPM. because of compressor wheel size, turbine wheel size, etc. I then up graded to a Tdo5 that was capable of flowing 38 pounds per minute of air. The TDo4 turbo was capable of 300whp max on the 2.4 liter SRT-4 motor with supporting mods. The Tdo5 was capable of 400whp. Both turbos were capable of making 20 pounds of boost. Think about this. Would you rather have the tiny turbo off a Mini Cooper making 20 pounds of boost or a much larger turbo only making 10 PSI but flowing twice as much air?






























































































































































































































































































































Look at his posts after that and I think you will see the point he was trying to make.
__________________
EFR Twin Turbo LFX-GPI Tune-ZL1 fuel pump-10:1 CR forged pistons-3.45 gear-Meth Injection-BMR Trailing Arms, Bushings & Sway Bars-CircleD 4000 Stall-GPI Fuel Enrichment System
647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ @18.5 psi on 93 Octane (locked converter)
1/8 mile -- 7.158 @ 102.10 (20psi); old build
Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:21 PM   #69
KMPrenger


 
KMPrenger's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jefferson City, Missouri
Posts: 9,216
Yep....its all about the amount of air moved, and not the boost.

Hell...with cam phasing on the V6 you can change that and cause an increase of boost pressure (b/c of less air getting in) and make less power.
__________________
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:22 PM   #70
KMPrenger


 
KMPrenger's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jefferson City, Missouri
Posts: 9,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08-G35s/6MT View Post
I beat a Camaro ss on a highway in venezuala, lol autobots crap all over it and flashing blue lights in the grille.

I recorded a quick video after
So that video is of you drving an older Camaro Z28, and you just beat another Camaro before that video.

Thanks for sharing!!






__________________
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:26 PM   #71
KMPrenger


 
KMPrenger's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jefferson City, Missouri
Posts: 9,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
... Watch what kind of power the LT1 makes when people start going FI on them. I wouldn't be suprised if they make over 80 HP/eL and 190+ HP/L.
Agree.

Only takes 8 - 9 lbs to make 475 - 500 crank HP on the DI V6.

That same efficency applied to 6.2L would be over 850 HP.
__________________
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:06 PM   #72
BlaqWhole

 
BlaqWhole's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt View Post
You keep talking about boost pressure but it's the amount of air a turbo can supply which is more important than how much pressure it'll make. For example. I had a SRT-4 that came stock with a Tdo4 turbo. It was capable of moving 32 pounds of air per minute MAX in stock configuration. It didn't matter if it was at 18 PSI or 20 PSI. It was only going to flow 32 PPM. because of compressor wheel size, turbine wheel size, etc. I then up graded to a Tdo5 that was capable of flowing 38 pounds per minute of air. The TDo4 turbo was capable of 300whp max on the 2.4 liter SRT-4 motor with supporting mods. The Tdo5 was capable of 400whp. Both turbos were capable of making 20 pounds of boost. Think about this. Would you rather have the tiny turbo off a Mini Cooper making 20 pounds of boost or a much larger turbo only making 10 PSI but flowing twice as much air?
And that is what I was saying...just in a different way. My bad on the confusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Look at his posts after that and I think you will see the point he was trying to make.
Thanks dude. Again, my bad...
__________________
Nadia (2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3) - Vararam CAI - SLP Underdrive Pulley - V-Max TB and Power Wedge - OBX 1-7/8 LTs with HF Cats - OBX 3" Cat-Back - Custom Predator Tune - BER Ported Intake Manifold!!

Esmeralda (03 GT) - UDP, CAI, PP intake manifold/upper plenum/75mm TB, 4.10s, fully rebuilt/upgraded trans w/ Transpak, 2400 stall converter, full O/R exhaust, 04 Cobra tank/dual 255 LPH pumps, Sniper Tune!!

Saving the world...1 hp at a time!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:50 PM   #73
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 5,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post

Thanks dude. Again, my bad...
No problem. Just took a while to see where each other was coming from. Happens all the time on this forum.
__________________
EFR Twin Turbo LFX-GPI Tune-ZL1 fuel pump-10:1 CR forged pistons-3.45 gear-Meth Injection-BMR Trailing Arms, Bushings & Sway Bars-CircleD 4000 Stall-GPI Fuel Enrichment System
647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ @18.5 psi on 93 Octane (locked converter)
1/8 mile -- 7.158 @ 102.10 (20psi); old build
Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.