Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Kraft Werks
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons For all LFX related parts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2013, 01:15 PM   #1
12WhiteLS
 
12WhiteLS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LS M6
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NE FL
Posts: 106
"Over the Radiator" Intake

Has anyone seen New Era's OTR (Over the Radiator) intake in the SS forum? Looks like they solved the problem that Vararam couldn't/hasn't. I asked them if they were planning on making a V6 version but they have no plans yet. But man wouldn't that be sweet!?!? http://www.neweraperformanceparts.co...d=19&Itemid=54
__________________
Mods: SLP Blackwing w/ Green Air Filter, Hurst shifter, Dynomax Super Turbos w/ resonator and rear cat delete, Elite Catch can, GTO Reservoir, AR Torq Thrust M's 18x9.
12WhiteLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:30 PM   #2
rsv07
 
rsv07's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Orlando Florida
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12WhiteLS View Post
Has anyone seen New Era's OTR (Over the Radiator) intake in the SS forum? Looks like they solved the problem that Vararam couldn't/hasn't. I asked them if they were planning on making a V6 version but they have no plans yet. But man wouldn't that be sweet!?!? http://www.neweraperformanceparts.co...d=19&Itemid=54
No way in hell for that price. Gains couldn't be that much more over the CAI Inc. product. Not worth it.
rsv07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:48 PM   #3
12WhiteLS
 
12WhiteLS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LS M6
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NE FL
Posts: 106
Yeah..................the price is pretty high. I just wish someone would come out with an intake like this for the LFX. The Vararam is a great performer on LLTs and in the V8 community. I am not conviced by the CAI rhetoric.
__________________
Mods: SLP Blackwing w/ Green Air Filter, Hurst shifter, Dynomax Super Turbos w/ resonator and rear cat delete, Elite Catch can, GTO Reservoir, AR Torq Thrust M's 18x9.
12WhiteLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:19 PM   #4
Sales @ CAI Inc



 
Sales @ CAI Inc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS CAI Inc. CAI, Cam, Tune
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12WhiteLS View Post
Yeah..................the price is pretty high. I just wish someone would come out with an intake like this for the LFX. The Vararam is a great performer on LLTs and in the V8 community. I am not conviced by the CAI rhetoric.
What is not convincing enough for you, if you don't mind my asking? We greatly reduce the restriction and create a smoother path of travel for the intake air. We pull the coolest air available from outside of the car, and then keep it cool in an enclosed and insulated airbox, and we have a thermal coated intake tube to reduce heat soak. Lifetime warranty, 16 rwhp on a stock Camaro shown time and time again on 3rd party dyno testing, no other modifications needed, made in the USA, I guess I'm not understanding what you don't like? Basically our CAI does everything a good CAI should, and you can see the difference when compared to most any other intake out there

If you have any specific questions or concerns I would be happy to try and help. Thanks and take care.
__________________
Call Us: 810.392.9999 (Click Sig Pic for Website)
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:49 PM   #5
12WhiteLS
 
12WhiteLS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LS M6
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NE FL
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
What is not convincing enough for you, if you don't mind my asking? We greatly reduce the restriction and create a smoother path of travel for the intake air. We pull the coolest air available from outside of the car, and then keep it cool in an enclosed and insulated airbox, and we have a thermal coated intake tube to reduce heat soak. Lifetime warranty, 16 rwhp on a stock Camaro shown time and time again on 3rd party dyno testing, no other modifications needed, made in the USA, I guess I'm not understanding what you don't like? Basically our CAI does everything a good CAI should, and you can see the difference when compared to most any other intake out there

If you have any specific questions or concerns I would be happy to try and help. Thanks and take care.
I don't like the fact that you have to interject yourself in a discussion that has NOTHING to do with you. I don't like the fact that you can't just simply sell your products based on their own virtue and let the consumers speak for themselves. I don't like the fact that you and other "vendors" have to HIJACK a forum dedicated to hobbyists who love their Camaros so that you can shove your snake oil down peoples throats.

I'm sorry but I'm not willing to stick a solar oven with a filter under the hood of my car and say it's a performance mod.

http://solarcooking.org/plans/

sweet mod bro
__________________
Mods: SLP Blackwing w/ Green Air Filter, Hurst shifter, Dynomax Super Turbos w/ resonator and rear cat delete, Elite Catch can, GTO Reservoir, AR Torq Thrust M's 18x9.
12WhiteLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:49 PM   #6
Vroom_vroom
The gritos pollo!!!
 
Vroom_vroom's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 camaro m6, '77 T/A m4
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 572
with out a doubt the cai is a great product but personally i would go with the injen long ram, torque is what our cars need. get every last drop of it you can!!
__________________
__________

'12 Camaro; Slp loud mouth I, Injen long ram intake.
'77 T/A 6.6, fully built,kre-d port heads,10.5 compression. well its just bad.
Vroom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:02 PM   #7
AutoAgenda


 
AutoAgenda's Avatar
 
Drives: 69 Camaro, 02 Escalade, 67 Eleanor
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Scottsdale AZ
Posts: 5,150
IMO it's just splitting hairs. Both very fine products. We offer both CAI and New Era and customers feedback have always been flawless. Whatever fits your budget and taste better, go for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12WhiteLS View Post
I'm sorry but I'm not willing to stick a solar oven with a filter under the hood of my car and say it's a performance mod.

http://solarcooking.org/plans/

sweet mod bro
Look at the independent testing done by Jannetty.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...ZNVI5aVE&hl=en

Cold Air Inductions is the ONLY intake that had a "0" Temp Climb. This is because they have the best thermal coating available. CAI with scoop also showed the best gains at the wheels over any competitor. Superior fit and finish.

On the other hand, InJen has a Temp Climb of "9" during one dyno because they are not thermal coated and susceptible to heat soak. Likely much higher IAT's after a day of driving. Power gain is short lived. You get what you pay for.

Other vendors can chip in, we have a number of customers on their 2nd or even 3rd intake. Doing it right from the start is well worth it.

Last edited by AutoAgenda; 06-10-2013 at 07:12 PM.
AutoAgenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:10 PM   #8
skibik
Guest
 
Drives: bbbbbb
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: bfe
Posts: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
What is not convincing enough for you, if you don't mind my asking? We greatly reduce the restriction and create a smoother path of travel for the intake air. We pull the coolest air available from outside of the car, and then keep it cool in an enclosed and insulated airbox, and we have a thermal coated intake tube to reduce heat soak. Lifetime warranty, 16 rwhp on a stock Camaro shown time and time again on 3rd party dyno testing, no other modifications needed, made in the USA, I guess I'm not understanding what you don't like? Basically our CAI does everything a good CAI should, and you can see the difference when compared to most any other intake out there

If you have any specific questions or concerns I would be happy to try and help. Thanks and take care.

Maybe I can help answer your question. I know you were aiming it towards 12WhiteLS. All I can say is that you may have a good product, I don't know, but for some of us on a budget buying these add-ons if I can save over $100(actually I think I saved closer to $150) by buying another brand, made in the USA even, that does the same thing and gets me just about the same gains(brand I bought claims 15 HP) I am going to do it. JMO!

Dean.
skibik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:16 PM   #9
JohnnyBfromPeoria

 
JohnnyBfromPeoria's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 2,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12WhiteLS View Post
I don't like the fact that you have to interject yourself in a discussion that has NOTHING to do with you. I don't like the fact that you can't just simply sell your products based on their own virtue and let the consumers speak for themselves. I don't like the fact that you and other "vendors" have to HIJACK a forum dedicated to hobbyists who love their Camaros so that you can shove your snake oil down peoples throats.
Wow, Guy. YOU brought them up.

John B.
__________________
12 LS M6, IPF S/C, ASA GT-5 wheels, VMax PTB
1995 Mitsubishi Montero SR
1987 Dodge Raider Turbo Project
1986 Mitsubishi Montero 2.4l FI Transplant
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:39 PM   #10
SimpleGreen

 
Drives: 2013 1SS/1LE IOM
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Southeast Louisiana
Posts: 1,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12WhiteLS View Post
I don't like the fact that you have to interject yourself in a discussion that has NOTHING to do with you. I don't like the fact that you can't just simply sell your products based on their own virtue and let the consumers speak for themselves. I don't like the fact that you and other "vendors" have to HIJACK a forum dedicated to hobbyists who love their Camaros so that you can shove your snake oil down peoples throats.

I'm sorry but I'm not willing to stick a solar oven with a filter under the hood of my car and say it's a performance mod.

http://solarcooking.org/plans/

sweet mod bro
You asked. He isn't ramming anything anywhere. Every vendor here pushes their product.

That being said, I bought a CAI because I liked it the most and everyone who sees it loves the plexi lid intake design. I don't understand why Vararam didn't make an intake for the V6 that splits around the radiator neck like the V8 model however.
__________________
'13 1SS/1LE-Inferno Orange-Borla SType-Katzins-RotoFab-Elite Engineering-Michelin AS3-IOM Interior Pack
SimpleGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:50 PM   #11
12WhiteLS
 
12WhiteLS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LS M6
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NE FL
Posts: 106
I actually did not bring them up the previous poster did. I just feel like it's impossible to discuss cold air intakes on this forum without CAI interjecting themselves in the discussion. I agree that they have a high quality product but let people decide for themselves.
__________________
Mods: SLP Blackwing w/ Green Air Filter, Hurst shifter, Dynomax Super Turbos w/ resonator and rear cat delete, Elite Catch can, GTO Reservoir, AR Torq Thrust M's 18x9.
12WhiteLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:07 PM   #12
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody
 
meissen's Avatar
 
Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2014 Camaro 1LT
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chesterfield Twp, MI
Posts: 2,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12WhiteLS View Post
I don't like the fact that you have to interject yourself in a discussion that has NOTHING to do with you. I don't like the fact that you can't just simply sell your products based on their own virtue and let the consumers speak for themselves. I don't like the fact that you and other "vendors" have to HIJACK a forum dedicated to hobbyists who love their Camaros so that you can shove your snake oil down peoples throats.

I'm sorry but I'm not willing to stick a solar oven with a filter under the hood of my car and say it's a performance mod.

http://solarcooking.org/plans/

sweet mod bro
Really? You call it "CAI rhetoric" and then act defensive when CAI comes into the thread. Great attitude "bro"

Is CAI expensive? Yes... very. It's a quality product, and unfortunately to get a quality product you do have to pay. Welcome to having a 2010+ Camaro where everything is $100-$200 more expensive than it should be. My favorite example -- the backlit LED bowtie by Oracle which costs $140+ because it's for a Camaro... Yet people sell a similar product for the Chevy Cruze for $16... damn thing is a different size, though, and won't work on our car.

Anyway - back on topic -- all I've heard is that Vararam is a cheaply made product. CAI is not. CAI is worth the money.
__________________
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb" - Cold Air Inductions CAI, VMAX Ported Throttle Body, MGW Short Throw Shifter
1994 Camaro LT1 A4 - "Red Alert" - v6-to-LT1 Swapped Cruiser; Cammed, Stalled, Enjoyed

meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:27 PM   #13
Brettzel
 
Brettzel's Avatar
 
Drives: #null
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: #null
Posts: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12WhiteLS View Post
I don't like the fact that you have to interject yourself in a discussion that has NOTHING to do with you. I don't like the fact that you can't just simply sell your products based on their own virtue and let the consumers speak for themselves. I don't like the fact that you and other "vendors" have to HIJACK a forum dedicated to hobbyists who love their Camaros so that you can shove your snake oil down peoples throats.

I'm sorry but I'm not willing to stick a solar oven with a filter under the hood of my car and say it's a performance mod.

http://solarcooking.org/plans/

sweet mod bro
Brettzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:10 AM   #14
chevyfan#1
I Love my new Camaro!!
 
chevyfan#1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 259
My comments in Red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12WhiteLS View Post

I don't like the fact that you have to interject yourself in a discussion that has NOTHING to do with you. - You brought them up

I don't like the fact that you can't just simply sell your products based on their own virtue and let the consumers speak for themselves. - Their customers, me included, speak for them all the time. When a consumer says something like you did and a company actually responds in a polite manner to try and answer questions you may have and understand your concerns with their product, I would call that good customer service. They knew you already had another product, they knew you weren't looking to buy their CAI, and they still took the time to try and understand your concerns and provide a response, how many companies do that these days.

I don't like the fact that you and other "vendors" have to HIJACK a forum dedicated to hobbyists who love their Camaros so that you can shove your snake oil down peoples throats. Get a clue Mr. 25 posts, this company was brought here by enthusiasts who wanted them to make a CAI for this vehicle when no one was. They are also HUGE enthusiasts' and have 5th Gens themselves. They sponsor here and help pay for the bandwidth so this forum can be as great at it is. They probably have more blood, sweat and tears into this vehicle platform and forum then you ever will. Snake oil?? Have you ever even looked at all the independent testing done on their products?

I'm sorry but I'm not willing to stick a solar oven with a filter under the hood of my car and say it's a performance mod.

http://solarcooking.org/plans/ - MAJOR FAIL, that's like posting up a link for a rubber ducky and saying, well our cars have rubber on them, so they must be the same product and similar for functionality because they have a common material used.

sweet mod bro - It is a sweet mod, thousands of us feel that way.
Your post towards them
chevyfan#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:37 AM   #15
2Carats
bock-bock-doodle-atta-dee
 
2Carats's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Way down younder near the hico-uh hico-uh, the cottonwo-uh, the eucalyptus tree, crambone...
Posts: 1,114
Subscribed

Mind controlled by Cerebro
__________________
Always shoot for the moon, cuz even if you miss, you'll be among the stars.
2Carats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:26 PM   #16
12WhiteLS
 
12WhiteLS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LS M6
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NE FL
Posts: 106
You brought them up

No RSV07 did.

Their customers, me included, speak for them all the time. When a consumer says something like you did and a company actually responds in a polite manner to try and answer questions you may have and understand your concerns with their product, I would call that good customer service. They knew you already had another product, they knew you weren't looking to buy their CAI, and they still took the time to try and understand your concerns and provide a response, how many companies do that these days.

Their response was hardly friendly, more demeaning that I did not like their product. These guys always get offended just because I dont agree with their data or don't like the application they have to offer.

Get a clue Mr. 25 posts, this company was brought here by enthusiasts who wanted them to make a CAI for this vehicle when no one was. They are also HUGE enthusiasts' and have 5th Gens themselves. They sponsor here and help pay for the bandwidth so this forum can be as great at it is. They probably have more blood, sweat and tears into this vehicle platform and forum then you ever will. Snake oil?? Have you ever even looked at all the independent testing done on their products?


I'm Mr. 26 posts now. I totally understand that they fund this forum and that is why they have so much control here on what people buy. I have looked into the independent testing on this product and although I agree that the CAI design flows very well in a control environment. I disagree with the application on the street. I myself am not going to drive around during a florida summer with windshield sunvisor material in airbox thinking its making it cooler.

http://solarcooking.org/plans/ - MAJOR FAIL, that's like posting up a link for a rubber ducky and saying, well our cars have rubber on them, so they must be the same product and similar for functionality because they have a common material used.


No, it's not like saying that at all. We are not only talking about common material used we are talking about DESIGN as well. Both are boxes with clear windows lined with the same reflective material. One is called a solar oven, the other is designed to keep air cool?!

It is a sweet mod, thousands of us feel that way.

Good for you.
__________________
Mods: SLP Blackwing w/ Green Air Filter, Hurst shifter, Dynomax Super Turbos w/ resonator and rear cat delete, Elite Catch can, GTO Reservoir, AR Torq Thrust M's 18x9.
12WhiteLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:01 PM   #17
chevyfan#1
I Love my new Camaro!!
 
chevyfan#1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 259
No RSV07 did.

No you did when you said "I am not convinced by the CAI rhetoric." That is what you said in response to a comment that specifically made mention of CAI Inc. Everyone on this page who has commented on it agrees that you called them out and were directly referring to them.

Their response was hardly friendly, more demeaning that I did not like their product. These guys always get offended just because I dont agree with their data or don't like the application they have to offer.

I don't think they are too offended by you, they probably just don't want tool bags like you saying things that make noobs question their product when it is clear you don't really know what you are talking about and was trying to get something started with your little link that you posted. Not to mention they ended with "If you have any specific questions or concerns I would be happy to try and help. Thanks and take care." not exactly demeaning.

I'm Mr. 26 posts now. I totally understand that they fund this forum and that is why they have so much control here on what people buy. I have looked into the independent testing on this product and although I agree that the CAI design flows very well in a control environment. I disagree with the application on the street. I myself am not going to drive around during a florida summer with windshield sunvisor material in airbox thinking its making it cooler.

Think about it man, Look at the IAT data. If anything they would do better when driving and having cool air flowing in and around the vehicles engine bay. The tests were done on a dyno with the car sitting, which means it should have had even more heat soak. With the car in motion it would do even better, that's just common sense.

No, it's not like saying that at all. We are not only talking about common material used we are talking about DESIGN as well. Both are boxes with clear windows lined with the same reflective material. One is called a solar oven, the other is designed to keep air cool?!

Again, MAJOR Do you think at all before you type or come up with this stuff? The product you are referencing sits in the sun and has the sun shine right in it to use the reflective properties to heat it up. The CAI is under a closed hood, the sunlight is not shining into it. The fact that the material is reflective isn't worth much because there is no light to reflect. They are not trying to reduce heat from the sun, they are using it as an R value to reduce heat soak from the engine bay air that is hotter then the intake air. The outer finish being reflective has nothing to do with anything in terms of the CAI keeping the air cool. its used as an insulation barrier to reduce heat soak from the engine bay through the airbox. Do you really not understand the fact that the sun is not shining into the CAI when you are driving?

Good for you.

We can agree on that

chevyfan#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:38 PM   #18
Brettzel
 
Brettzel's Avatar
 
Drives: #null
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: #null
Posts: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12WhiteLS View Post
You brought them up

No RSV07 did.

Their customers, me included, speak for them all the time. When a consumer says something like you did and a company actually responds in a polite manner to try and answer questions you may have and understand your concerns with their product, I would call that good customer service. They knew you already had another product, they knew you weren't looking to buy their CAI, and they still took the time to try and understand your concerns and provide a response, how many companies do that these days.

Their response was hardly friendly, more demeaning that I did not like their product. These guys always get offended just because I dont agree with their data or don't like the application they have to offer.

Get a clue Mr. 25 posts, this company was brought here by enthusiasts who wanted them to make a CAI for this vehicle when no one was. They are also HUGE enthusiasts' and have 5th Gens themselves. They sponsor here and help pay for the bandwidth so this forum can be as great at it is. They probably have more blood, sweat and tears into this vehicle platform and forum then you ever will. Snake oil?? Have you ever even looked at all the independent testing done on their products?


I'm Mr. 26 posts now. I totally understand that they fund this forum and that is why they have so much control here on what people buy. I have looked into the independent testing on this product and although I agree that the CAI design flows very well in a control environment. I disagree with the application on the street. I myself am not going to drive around during a florida summer with windshield sunvisor material in airbox thinking its making it cooler.

http://solarcooking.org/plans/ - MAJOR FAIL, that's like posting up a link for a rubber ducky and saying, well our cars have rubber on them, so they must be the same product and similar for functionality because they have a common material used.


No, it's not like saying that at all. We are not only talking about common material used we are talking about DESIGN as well. Both are boxes with clear windows lined with the same reflective material. One is called a solar oven, the other is designed to keep air cool?!

It is a sweet mod, thousands of us feel that way.

Good for you.
Just remember this. The first step to fixing your problem, is admitting you have one. Please admit that you are wrong, in every conceivable way, so that we can get you the help that you need. And just remember, two things with similar design, and shape, can still be used differently. A bottled container may contain motor oil, or iced tea, a tube of metal could be used for an intake, or an exhaust system, and so on.
Brettzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:02 PM   #19
13FastBlkSS
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: So Cal
Posts: 695
I think this thread has run its course.. it will only get worse from here.... IBTL

__________________

2013 Black / Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6 w/NPP Exhaust, Cold Air Inductions CAI w/ Scoop, Elite Engineering Catch Can, VMAX Ported TB, ZL1 Style Front Splitter, Barton Short Throw
Build#24869
13FastBlkSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:12 PM   #20
Brettzel
 
Brettzel's Avatar
 
Drives: #null
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: #null
Posts: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13FastBlkSS View Post
I think this thread has run its course.. it will only get worse from here.... IBTL


Every other thread has people saying "IBTL". wtf. Maybe that is a hint that the moderation is too strict sometimes?
Brettzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:14 PM   #21
13FastBlkSS
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: So Cal
Posts: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettzel View Post
Every other thread has people saying "IBTL". wtf. Maybe that is a hint that the moderation is too strict sometimes?
Not at all... usually threads that have nothing but arguments would get locked or the mods may delete all posts not pertaining to the OP's question...
__________________

2013 Black / Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6 w/NPP Exhaust, Cold Air Inductions CAI w/ Scoop, Elite Engineering Catch Can, VMAX Ported TB, ZL1 Style Front Splitter, Barton Short Throw
Build#24869
13FastBlkSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:41 PM   #22
chevyfan#1
I Love my new Camaro!!
 
chevyfan#1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13FastBlkSS View Post
I think this thread has run its course.. it will only get worse from here.... IBTL

I agree.

With every forum I have ever been on, and every thread that turns into this type of back and forth, I don't think I have ever ONCE seen the person who clearly is in the wrong own up to it and admit it. I have nothing else to say to the guy, if he does not see and understand it by now with all the comments from myself and others then I don't think there's any chance that he will. No one is telling the guy he needs to like or buy a certain CAI, but he clearly does not understand the design differences concerning what he's trying to compare it to, and pretty much has nothing intelligent to say. Or maybe he just won't admit it, it obviously takes a huge pair of you know what to admit you are wrong on an internet forum

Rant over, I'm done with this thread, and I think I'll go out an enjoy my Camaro with the awesome CAI Inc. intake on it!
chevyfan#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:45 PM   #23
vong
 
vong's Avatar
 
Drives: Hazard Yellow Holden VE SV6
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 60
Hey guys,

Although it's not a Camaro, my Commodore with the LFX has got a VCM otr.
vong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:54 PM   #24
SS785
 
SS785's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro SS
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: US
Posts: 352
Having had an OTR intake (Vararam) and 2 underhood intakes (a K&N and a Cai Inc), I have to say the OP has a point in wishing for an LFX OTR option. They are a lot of fun to drive with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vong View Post
Hey guys,

Although it's not a Camaro, my Commodore with the LFX has got a VCM otr.
Nice shot!
SS785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:15 PM   #25
12WhiteLS
 
12WhiteLS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LS M6
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NE FL
Posts: 106
Oh no someone on the Internet is bravely telling me what they think about me!
Awesome looking OTR intake! Exactly the kind of discussion I was looking for!
__________________
Mods: SLP Blackwing w/ Green Air Filter, Hurst shifter, Dynomax Super Turbos w/ resonator and rear cat delete, Elite Catch can, GTO Reservoir, AR Torq Thrust M's 18x9.
12WhiteLS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.