Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Off-topic Discussions Discuss any off-topic subjects with other members.

Old 06-16-2013, 08:17 PM   #26
Rico
Flying da helicopter

Drives: Black SS
I watched it yesterday, it's pretty badass!
Rico is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:47 AM   #27
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: ZL1#206 (Sold) 6th Gen!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by keving2873 View Post
At times it seemed like they overdid the destruction, but I think it was a good movie. I would love to see a Justice League vs Avengers movie some day.
I think the amount of destruction was perfect. What did you per pose they do when he fights? Play slap hands?

Last edited by FINALLYSATISFIED; 06-17-2013 at 05:24 PM.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:49 AM   #28
JimiBlaze

Drives: 2013 BRM LS M6
Saw it yesterday with the kids for Father's Day...I thought it was really good. I really liked the backstory and everything with Krypton bad guys
JimiBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:08 AM   #29
BigBlock69RS
Ed

Drives: 2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimiBlaze View Post
Saw it yesterday with the kids for Father's Day...I thought it was really good. I really liked the backstory and everything with Krypton bad guys
Same here, very good, definately the best Superman, and ranks up there with Avengers, and Dark Knight trilogy in my book.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:08 AM   #30
Jay_LHD3

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS LS3
Awesome !! Good story, good action !!

Old 06-17-2013, 10:00 AM   #31
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
I thought the movie was absolutely bad ass. Was it the best superhero movie ever? Maybe, maybe not, but it ranks right up there. Was it the best Superman movie ever? Absolutely, and I really like the original.

Henry Cavill did an amazing job as the new Man of Steel, and I thought Michael Shannon did a great job portraying General Zod.

Side note: Anyone else think it was interesting how they completely left Kryptonite rocks out of the entire story?

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:03 AM   #32
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
I thought the movie was absolutely bad ass. Was it the best superhero movie ever? Maybe, maybe not, but it ranks right up there. Was it the best Superman movie ever? Absolutely, and I really like the original.

Henry Cavill did an amazing job as the new Man of Steel, and I thought Michael Shannon did a great job portraying General Zod.

Side note: Anyone else think it was interesting how they completely left Kryptonite rocks out of the entire story?
Think that will happen in the next one with Lex Luther.
2013 2SS, GM Strut Tower Brace, CAI Intake Black, VMAX TB, Elite Catch Can, Hotchkis Chassis Brace, Hurst Shifter, 3.91 1LE Complete Rear End, NPP, 1LE Track Pack,Factory Reproductions Style 41 ZL1 Fitment Wheels 10" on all 4 corners
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:16 PM   #33
Jay_LHD3

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS LS3
Please no Lex.
Old 06-17-2013, 01:41 PM   #34
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
My personal review, no spoilers here!

The movie as a whole is pretty epic IMHO! I know I will be buying this one on BR so I can watch it again and again. The back-story was superb and the things that were done differently actually make sense. When weighing the parts I like against the ones I disagree with, the outcome is the same, it's a great movie.
Old 06-17-2013, 01:41 PM   #35
PoorMansCamaro
n00b

Drives: Really Slow
METALLO
Old 06-17-2013, 05:25 PM   #36
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: ZL1#206 (Sold) 6th Gen!?
The next Superman is already in production supposedly...
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:27 PM   #37
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
The next Superman is already in production supposedly...
I believe it, and can't wait for it!
Old 06-17-2013, 07:36 PM   #38
2010SSRSM6
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Watched it last night and my God that was SLOOOOOOWWWW.

It was by no means a bad movie, but it was no where near the best superhero movie ever.

I think it was better than the original Superman 1-3 movies, the back ground fill in was great, but the CGI was over done. I like action sequences that are more than the damn Transformers Blur. Unfortunately, they waited until the end to break out the action.

I think my favorite part was the logging truck pretzel. I have to take my daughter to see it so maybe the second time will be better.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-17-2013, 07:51 PM   #39
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 14 Spark
Sorry, but I can't get into these new Superman movies, I just don't like the digital animation.
The only ones I like were hokey and with primitive special effects but that's what made them enjoyable, the Superman TV series with George Reeves and the Superman movies with Christopher Reeve will be the only two real Supermen to me. RIP guys

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:08 PM   #40
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
Put *spoiler Alert* on the top please.
AmericanMuscleCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:06 PM   #41
YellowCammy

Drives: 2012 2LS
Loved Man of Steel! the actor was hot too so that gives it bonus points. Anyway, I liked the way he was portrayed. today superman can't be seen as much of a goodie, boy scout kind of man. it worked in the 50's but wouldn't fly today. So of course it takes the man that made 300 to come up with the badass-ness of Man of Steel! Just wish he was real
Old 06-17-2013, 11:11 PM   #42
RCKrypton

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Summit white M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowCammy View Post
Loved Man of Steel! the actor was hot too so that gives it bonus points. Anyway, I liked the way he was portrayed. today superman can't be seen as much of a goodie, boy scout kind of man. it worked in the 50's but wouldn't fly today. So of course it takes the man that made 300 to come up with the badass-ness of Man of Steel! Just wish he was real
Agreed, I thought it was awesome! Certainly didn't hurt that Henry Cavill was so hot that I didn't miss Tom Welling not having the role
Old 06-18-2013, 03:19 AM   #43
trademaster

Drives: 06 Maserati gran sport, 12 z06
I thought it was good. I was a little disappointed with the score, but I had really high expectations. A few little Easter eggs I noticed

--SPOILER ALERT--
When Superman and Zod are fighting, you see a LexCorp truck and the LexCorp headquarters building. Less obvious is the brand on the satellite they hit while fighting: Wayne Enterprises. I assume this means a Justice League movie is coming and considering Chrisopher Nolan was the producer of Man of Steel, that really shouldn't be a surprise.
trademaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:46 AM   #44
25thanniversary

Drives: 92 Camaro Convt RS,2011 Camaro RS
Wife and kids took me to see it on Father's Day awesome movie.

TEAM LLT

1992 Camaro Rs Convertible
2011 Camaro 1lt Rs
25thanniversary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:07 AM   #45
PoorMansCamaro
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by trademaster View Post
I thought it was good. I was a little disappointed with the score, but I had really high expectations. A few little Easter eggs I noticed

--SPOILER ALERT--
When Superman and Zod are fighting, you see a LexCorp truck and the LexCorp headquarters building. Less obvious is the brand on the satellite they hit while fighting: Wayne Enterprises. I assume this means a Justice League movie is coming and considering Chrisopher Nolan was the producer of Man of Steel, that really shouldn't be a surprise.
I now how another reason to watch this movie again.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:38 AM   #46
AZCamaroFan
Coming Soon

Drives: Camaros
I read the other day that if Justice League happens the Batman in that movie will not be connected to The Dark Knight Trilogy.
so
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:47 AM   #47
PoorMansCamaro
n00b

that would be like not using Robert downey for iron man, in the avengers.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:54 AM   #48
AZCamaroFan
Coming Soon

Drives: Camaros
it would be...weird. for a long time I read maybe joseph Gordon - levitt takes over, but now apparently they might just ignore TDK back story and just have a new Bruce Wayne show up .
I really doubt justice league is going to end up anywhere near as good as Avengers. Green Lantern fizzled. Think they're going to do an Aquaman movie? haha
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:17 AM   #49
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by trademaster View Post

--SPOILER ALERT--
I noticed those too. I also noticed a couple characters who were also involved in some part on the Smallville TV show:

Alessandro Juliani, who played Professor Emil Hamilton on Smallville, played a military scientist (credited as Officer Sekowsky) in Man of Steel (he was in the Arctic military investigation camp).

David Paetku, who played two different roles on Smallville (Trevor Chapell, a football player who gets a handprint burn in Season 1, Episode 3 "Hothead" & then as a young Dan Turpin in Season 8, Episode 12 "Bulletproof"), played a military analyst (credited as Threat Analyst) down in the bullpen of the situation room advising the top brass in Man of Steel.

I kind of want to go see the movie again to see if I missed anyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
I read the other day that if Justice League happens the Batman in that movie will not be connected to The Dark Knight Trilogy.
so
They've already confirmed that Zack Snyder (director), David S. Goyer (screenwriter), and Christopher Nolan (producer) will be returning for the sequel. And Goyer already signed a three film deal which included Man of Steel, its sequel and a Justice League film that included Superman.

It does seem weird to me that they wouldn't have Christian Bale reprise his version of Batman in the Justice League movie, though. It sounds like Warner Brothers wants to keep the two worlds separate even though they admit that technically they're existing in the same comic universe. It just seems like they're handicapping themselves...

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:26 AM   #50
YellowCammy

Drives: 2012 2LS
It will be a hard movie to make if they want to do Justice League that's for sure. The avengers was fun because of Tony Stark and his personality... and the hulk for smashing Loki hehe. But the JL doesn't have a tony stark personality I don't think. plus what AZ said. Green lantern blew, I say no to aqua man. and IF they put in Wonder Woman they need to find the right woman! tall, little bit muscular who can be taken seriously a.k.a not meg fox! She need to be a new face..... Wish Lucy Lawless was younger...

Anyway it would be a bit harder to make JL and have it be as great as the Avengers, but if they can pull it off that would be wonderful!