Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 07-20-2009, 10:00 PM   #26
DCJ

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Update

Took it to the dealer this morning. They tested it on GM's new wireless machine. Turned out to be a factory error..... the fuel/fill line was installed wrong.

Here are the exact words off the ticket...

Found PO442 Performed Smoke test found Fill hose not seating. Removed Fill hose and installed correctly.

All is good now. The Vette/Camaro tech had ask me did I smell gasoline when I would fill up. I of course had been noticing this but thought it just maybe the gas station or I may had stepped in gas there. He said this was the reason why. Fill line was not installed properly at the factory.

Problem solved finally
Old 07-20-2009, 10:03 PM   #27
oilman63
rjt ordered 10-15 2ss

Drives: 2010 2SS badass camaro
got mine fixed today .turned out I had a cracked spark plug.alls good .
oilman63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:58 AM   #28
GaryTucker

Drives: 09 Vette GT1, 06 350Z, 82 MSE
Problem is that OnStar isn't allowed to give out "too much" information or can't access that information. Not sure which it is, but you won't get the whole story from them. I can't tell you how many gas caps I've seen cause this problem...Chrysler got it right with a warning light on some of their cars...how hard would it be to do that on all cars since the gas cap sets a code for an unsealed evaporative system if it is loose.

The gas cap is important in the equation because it is the seal for the evaporative emmissions system. If the cap isn't tight, it can't seal.

I'm not sure on the Camaro, but I have seen numerous codes like this set by overfilling the tank also. Suburbans and Tahoes were the worst as the fill neck was much higher than the tank. Stop when the pump clicks off versus keep filling til it runs out the neck...that's the rule everyone should follow. Too much fuel can cause the fuel to leak into the evap cansister and that causes even more issues.

Glad you found your problem.
GaryTucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:59 AM   #29
guppies1

Drives: Toyota
Can't believe why there are so many problems. Wonder GM know how to build car anymore ?
guppies1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 11:07 AM   #30
Chrisrp454

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS M6, 98Z28 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by guppies1 View Post
Can't believe why there are so many problems. Wonder GM know how to build car anymore ?
Yeah beause toyota never has any issues?
http://www.newsinferno.com/archives/2120:)

Ordered 5/23/2009
3400 with TPW of 08/03/09
3800 8/11/2009
Arrived 8/21/2009 2SS/RS/Aqua Blue/Grey Interior
Chrisrp454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 11:08 AM   #31
sheslc4
UTAH CAMAROS

Drives: 2LT RS CGM
Send a message via ICQ to sheslc4 Send a message via Yahoo to sheslc4
I had to take mine in after 150 miles for the check engine light on. They found a defective oxygen sensor. Getting much better gas mileage now.
sheslc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 08:06 PM   #32
smokescreen

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
I'm having some engine problems as well. I already took it to the dealer and they changed out the O2 sensor. Got it back and the light was off. Turned in on this morning and the light is back on. Talked to ONSTAR and they gave me the same error code as before P0056. You should do the same thing that I'm doing and letting the dealership take of it, as it falls under warranty.
smokescreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 10:15 PM   #33
DCJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCJ View Post
Update

Took it to the dealer this morning. They tested it on GM's new wireless machine. Turned out to be a factory error..... the fuel/fill line was installed wrong.

Here are the exact words off the ticket...

Found PO442 Performed Smoke test found Fill hose not seating. Removed Fill hose and installed correctly.

All is good now. The Vette/Camaro tech had ask me did I smell gasoline when I would fill up. I of course had been noticing this but thought it just maybe the gas station or I may had stepped in gas there. He said this was the reason why. Fill line was not installed properly at the factory.

Problem solved finally
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokescreen View Post
I'm having some engine problems as well. I already took it to the dealer and they changed out the O2 sensor. Got it back and the light was off. Turned in on this morning and the light is back on. Talked to ONSTAR and they gave me the same error code as before P0056. You should do the same thing that I'm doing and letting the dealership take of it, as it falls under warranty.

I did do that in the end(see post attached above). The dealership corrected the problem. Something not installed correctly at the factory.

Thanks!
Old 07-28-2009, 11:03 AM   #34
SDF

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Same thing happened to me yesterday. Havent put gas in the car for a week and the cap was tight. I'm taking it in today for a new exhaust and will have them check it out
3800 (alive) – 04/02/09
4B00 (bayed Area 51) – 04/02/09
4200 (shipped after 75 days in Area 51) - 06/17/09
5000 (delivered to dealer) – 06/28/09
6000 (home) – 6/30/09
SDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:42 PM   #35
ckaram

Drives: 2011 2SS RS, 1968 ragtop
Quote:
Originally Posted by guppies1 View Post
Go to any web forum for any make/model of car and you will see problems identified.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:13 AM   #36
2010CamaroWiz

Drives: 2010 2SS Cyber Gray w/sunroof
I just got my new 2SS manual last week. The check engine light came on almost immediately, so I took it to the dealer the next day. They said it was just a sporadic catalytic converter signal, and not to worry. But it started to miss over the weekend, so I took it back in Monday...To make a long story short, the engine apparently got worse at the dealer, the catalytic converter melted out on the right side due to a spread resistor on the right hand bank that was letting raw gas into the converter. Now they say my engine is fried (backpressure blew something in the engine). I am out who knows how long with only 168 miles on the car. Ugh! Three and a half months of waiting, and only three days of driving....
2010CamaroWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:20 AM   #37
2010CamaroWiz

Drives: 2010 2SS Cyber Gray w/sunroof
Glad to report that I got my Camaro back yesterday with a brand new engine. The old engine is going straight back to the GM engineers so they can diagnose what went wrong. No check engine light this time!
2010CamaroWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:19 PM   #38
F8WillW8

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS
Same issue here. Check engine light came on and stayed on. I've been very careful to completely secure the gas cap. However, mine makes 3 or 4 feeble little clicks in close together and then won't turn anymore. Took it to the dealer, they pulled the codes and told me that it was related the system pressure test. Apparently the car performs this test every 15 to 20 drive cycles. They told me that a "drive cycle" had to be at least 5 miles of driving. Anyway, when the light came on I had about 3/4 of a tank of gas. They reset the code and the light was off. A few days later the light came back on and I had not gotten any more gas after the reset. Dealer suggested that they could perform a smoke test to look for leaks.

I'm wondering about the funny raspy clicking on my gas cap. It doesn't sound or act like my other cars. How does yours sound?
F8WillW8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 05:26 PM   #39
DCJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by F8WillW8 View Post
Same issue here. Check engine light came on and stayed on. I've been very careful to completely secure the gas cap. However, mine makes 3 or 4 feeble little clicks in close together and then won't turn anymore. Took it to the dealer, they pulled the codes and told me that it was related the system pressure test. Apparently the car performs this test every 15 to 20 drive cycles. They told me that a "drive cycle" had to be at least 5 miles of driving. Anyway, when the light came on I had about 3/4 of a tank of gas. They reset the code and the light was off. A few days later the light came back on and I had not gotten any more gas after the reset. Dealer suggested that they could perform a smoke test to look for leaks.

I'm wondering about the funny raspy clicking on my gas cap. It doesn't sound or act like my other cars. How does yours sound?

If it's coming back on....take it back to the dealer. As you can see from my posts above, out 2LT V6 light came back on it fill line leading to the gas tank was not installed properly at the factory. It was upsidedown and kinked. When I would feel up, I would get a strong gasoline smell in the cabin and it that was why. This also triggered my engine light to come on too. Run you Onstar diagnostic and see what they are saying. If the code comes up evap then you quite possibly could have the same issue we had with ours. Main thing is take it to a dealer who knows their stuff.