Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 10-21-2015, 10:56 AM   #1
Rumbumbees$ponsor

Drives: Autobot
NOS questions

Can some off yall explain how to use the system once installed? For example the arming system? Shut down procedure? ect..

I'm sure I'm wrong but, I would assume if I was going out for the night I would...

Open the trunk open bottler or have a remote bottle opener....

Then purge it..

Start car and go mustang hunting..

1. Would it be ready to go even if I didn't use it til 3 hrs later?
2. Can it be set like at 90 percent throttle with out hitting a trigger?
3. Is it safe?

Get home turn bottle off then repurge?

I'm just guessing here... just wanted to see how easy or pain it is to use especially if you hadn't even planned on using in a you got caught with your pants down.. (I.E. somebuddy rolled up to ya how long do you have to get set?) or would it take to use it?
Old 10-21-2015, 11:44 AM   #2
Bildo

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Start your car, turn on bottle heater
when you are thinking about playing around go ahead and arm your system, hit your remote bottle opener, purge just before a run, then shut the bottle opener. Disarm the system when you are finished. You can set up an RPM window switch that will activate the juice only within a specified RPM range, you can also do a WOT switch that will only fire when the pedal is floored.... I run both in my car from 3500 rpm to 6750rpm @ WOT my system will be active.
Bildo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 11:59 AM   #3
Rumbumbees$ponsor

Drives: Autobot
Thank you, Once you arm and purge how long do you have to use it? And how frequent do you purge?

So I turn car on then the warmer.. arm, open bottle, then purge.. I see a car on hwy race it.. then 10 min later go through same process or just purge or is it good to go?
Old 10-21-2015, 12:02 PM   #4
Bildo

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
10 min I would say you are still good to go, but I don't drive around with mine open for any real length of time the juice gets costly.
Bildo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 12:18 PM   #5
IneedAZ

Drives: 2012 2LT RS
after you use it, its a good idea to close the bottle and purge the line so pressure isnt built up against the noids. Also, instead of a window switch spend a little more money and get either a mini controller or regular controller. It will help you alot on the street so your not just spinning. It will allow you to progressively bring the nitrous in. Lastly, you want WOT, not 90%. You can use the controller to say what RPM you want it to start flowing, but it should only be used at WOT.

I use a Nitrous Outlet remote bottle opener and Nytrex bottle heater. I found them to be very good at what they do.
2012: e85, 80mm TBody, CAI w/scoop, Solo HFC, ZL1 FP, Magnaflow TruX, Dynomax VT, Elite catch can, HP Tune, Throttle Contoller, BMR; Springs, Sways, Trailing Arms, Toe Ends, & Safety Loop, Koni str.t, Pioneer Z150bh, Phoenix Gold Sub, Hertz speakers & 5ch Amp, SS rear with 3.91 gears w/Eaton TrueTrac, and BMR bushings, Baer Decela Rotors, Goodridge brake lines, Brembo(GM) 4 piston calipers, Hawk Ceramic pads, N.O. Nitrous, JacFab 3/4" intake spacer, and ported intake, Circle D 5c. 12.3@112 old setup
IneedAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 11:51 PM   #6
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd

Drives: WRX STI, EB Expy, 2010 2SS/RS M6
I have 2 switches that supply power for various functions. The "Master Switch" controls the purge button & relay operation, the bottle opener/closer switch, the switch for bottle heater function & relay operation and the "Arm Switch". The "Arm Switch" strictly controls power to the window switch for when I'm ready to spray.
My method:
1) Start car with bottle closed.
2) Activate "Master Switch".
3A) Bottle pressure below set point. Turn bottle heater on and check the bottle pressure. On my pillar pod, I have a led in parallel with the heater relay, when the light goes out, I know the bottle is at the right pressure. Therefore I do not check my gauge. There is a pressure switch at the bottle that drops out the heater relay at the desired pressure. If you do not have a led indicator, you would need to check the bottle pressure. The pressure switch would still drop the heater relay at and above the desired pressure, but you wouldn't know when your bottle is at the correct pressure without checking the guage.
Or
3B) Bottle pressure above set point. Turn on bottle heater. Check guage. If in a warmer climate, the ambient temperature may heat the bottle above the desired bottle pressure. Open the bottle and purge it using the purge solenoid till it drops to the correct pressure. Yes, it is wasting N2O. Or you could remove the bottle and cool it. Ice bath, cool wet towel, refrigerator, etc.
4) Open bottle and purge, unless previously done to lower pressure.
5) Turn on "Arm Switch" and let the window swich take control of the N2O function.
6) Turn "Arm Switch" off
7) Turn heater off.
8) Shut bottle.
9) Purge.
10) Turn "Master Switch" off.

I usually do not leave pressure against the N2O solenoid until I know I want to spray. If I know I'll be spraying soon, I'll have the bottle already at the correct pressure, open it, quick purge and then arm it. Takes about 10 sec if the bottle is at the right pressure with remote opener. Also, shut the bottle and purge the line before making any quick stops to get out of the car. If the car is off and there is a small piece of debris in the nitrous solenoid valve seat or if it is worn, it will allow N2O to fill your intake while your picking up your carryout or whatever. Bad things could happen when attempting to start it.
Nitrous Outlet Plate (progressive, fuel hose upgrade, remote opener, heater, filter, console switches), LNC2000, ARH 1 7/8" LTs/gutted cats/X pipe/mufflers, Jet Hot coated LTs, JRE SCT Tune, CAI, Scoop, Rx Catch Can, Gates heater hose relocation, Remote clutch & auto brake res, Metco loop, Momentum Tunnel Brace, TSW Nurb 18" 555 & 555R, Pfadt trailing arms & toe rods, Autometer wideband, Fesler Pillar Pod, LED strips (int), Lloyds floor & trunk mats, LED DRL/front turn & license plate, DRL harness, VLEDs tail lights, Plasticoat Bowties. Ord: Oct 5, 2009 Rec: Nov 19, 2009 13.17 @ 112.6 stock
Badbubba is offline   Reply With Quote