Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Anthony @ LG Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2013, 04:54 PM   #188
Zapote21
Tampa Bay Camaros
 
Zapote21's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 DSOM Stingray
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish-man View Post
Hope you're leaving the Camaro in Florida!
Yes...LOL Both of them
__________________
Zapote21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:18 AM   #189
wlvrine
 
wlvrine's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 HW Edition
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 341
Black stripes

Anybody have a certain way that they clean or "freshen up" the black matte stripes on their HW?
wlvrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 07:17 AM   #190
mhoskins76
HTWEELZ
 
mhoskins76's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS Hot Wheels Edition
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta
Posts: 994
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlvrine View Post
Anybody have a certain way that they clean or "freshen up" the black matte stripes on their HW?
All I used was soap and water and they always came out clean. But the best way from what I have been reading on keeping the stripes looking good is with this way from Adam's:

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/134...vinyl-stripes/

I'm definitely going to be doing this with mine next spring/summer!
__________________
2013 2SS Hot Wheels Edition 727 of 1524
w/ Dual Mode Performance Exhaust, Nav, and
Performance Shifter.
DELIVERED APRIL 22nd, 2013 and enjoying every minute since!

Mods:
Cold Air Inductions CAI, CNC Ported Throttle Body, Elite Engineering Oil Catch Can, Smoked Spyder LED Tail Lights, 12" JBL Sub, JBL Amp, Stealth Sub Box, American Racing LT headers and hi-flo cats, Tuned by Davenport, Custom painted interior pieces, Custom painted hood liner, Niche Targa M-130 wheels, LED side markers

More mods to come!
mhoskins76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 07:21 AM   #191
mhoskins76
HTWEELZ
 
mhoskins76's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS Hot Wheels Edition
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta
Posts: 994
On a different topic...back in August I had the LT headers, hi-flow cats, and a tune done to the car. When they did the baseline dyno for the car I already had a CAI and the ported TB on the car, so as you will see below on the graph my baseline numbers are higher then an OEM car. But after the headers, cats, and tune I ended up with 418hp, 408lb/ft. Also you can see on the final dyno run (the red line) that around 3100rpm there is a jump, that is from the flaps opening on the NPP exhaust.



The car drives completely different after the tune. Much better throttle response! And honestly I thought the speedo was not working properly at first because it would get up to 60km/h REALLY fast! LOL Turns out it was just me!
__________________
2013 2SS Hot Wheels Edition 727 of 1524
w/ Dual Mode Performance Exhaust, Nav, and
Performance Shifter.
DELIVERED APRIL 22nd, 2013 and enjoying every minute since!

Mods:
Cold Air Inductions CAI, CNC Ported Throttle Body, Elite Engineering Oil Catch Can, Smoked Spyder LED Tail Lights, 12" JBL Sub, JBL Amp, Stealth Sub Box, American Racing LT headers and hi-flo cats, Tuned by Davenport, Custom painted interior pieces, Custom painted hood liner, Niche Targa M-130 wheels, LED side markers

More mods to come!
mhoskins76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 08:05 PM   #192
wlvrine
 
wlvrine's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 HW Edition
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhoskins76 View Post
All I used was soap and water and they always came out clean. But the best way from what I have been reading on keeping the stripes looking good is with this way from Adam's:

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/134...vinyl-stripes/

I'm definitely going to be doing this with mine next spring/summer!
That is definitely the way to go! Thanks for the video!
wlvrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 08:06 PM   #193
wlvrine
 
wlvrine's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 HW Edition
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhoskins76 View Post
On a different topic...back in August I had the LT headers, hi-flow cats, and a tune done to the car. When they did the baseline dyno for the car I already had a CAI and the ported TB on the car, so as you will see below on the graph my baseline numbers are higher then an OEM car. But after the headers, cats, and tune I ended up with 418hp, 408lb/ft. Also you can see on the final dyno run (the red line) that around 3100rpm there is a jump, that is from the flaps opening on the NPP exhaust.



The car drives completely different after the tune. Much better throttle response! And honestly I thought the speedo was not working properly at first because it would get up to 60km/h REALLY fast! LOL Turns out it was just me!
Nice work!
wlvrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 10:06 PM   #194
13hotwheels
 
13hotwheels's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Hot Wheels Special Edition
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 25
Strut tower cleanup

New strut tower caps for our hot wheels car, very talented guy in our club milled these which press fit over the rubber.
Attached Images
 
13hotwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 10:08 PM   #195
13hotwheels
 
13hotwheels's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Hot Wheels Special Edition
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13hotwheels View Post
New strut tower caps for our hot wheels car, very talented guy in our club milled these which press fit over the rubber.
This is our engine compartment to go with the strut caps...think too much hot wheels logo?
Attached Images
 
13hotwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 12:03 AM   #196
wlvrine
 
wlvrine's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 HW Edition
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13hotwheels View Post
New strut tower caps for our hot wheels car, very talented guy in our club milled these which press fit over the rubber.
Those are sweet! Got prices or ordering info?
wlvrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 12:30 PM   #197
13hotwheels
 
13hotwheels's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Hot Wheels Special Edition
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlvrine View Post
Those are sweet! Got prices or ordering info?
Stay tuned the guy who made these is not sure he will make more, rightly concerned about infringement.
13hotwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 02:03 PM   #198
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101
 
rtcat600man's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Clarkston, Michigan
Posts: 8,791
AWESOME looking caps for sure, can't wait to post some more of his work.
__________________
rtcat600man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 07:18 PM   #199
Fish-man
SS HWSE
 
Fish-man's Avatar
 
Drives: too many to say!
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: S.E. Michigan
Posts: 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13hotwheels View Post
Stay tuned the guy who made these is not sure he will make more, rightly concerned about infringement.

__________________
Fish-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 08:05 PM   #200
13hotwheels
 
13hotwheels's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Hot Wheels Special Edition
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish-man View Post
sorry Chad!
13hotwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:32 PM   #201
Fish-man
SS HWSE
 
Fish-man's Avatar
 
Drives: too many to say!
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: S.E. Michigan
Posts: 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13hotwheels View Post
sorry Chad!
Sell them to me
__________________
Fish-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 01:00 PM   #202
cactuseater

 
Drives: .
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 858
Hi Folks! I just found one of these in a 2013 with 4K on the ODO at a price I cannot shake at. Was a GM owned car..... I take it you guys like this thing. I was taken by surprise how beautiful it was in person. Great drive too, much better than the 2010-2011's I had owned.
cactuseater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 01:22 PM   #203
Blue-J
 
Blue-J's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2LT HWSE
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Eden Prairie MN
Posts: 528
Good luck with your future purchase. I bought mine for the color. You are familiar with multiple Camaros so have already found answers to your questions. This might be of assistance if you haven't run across it before. http://buydropstop.com/ Enjoy. I've had over 200 kids have their pictures taken in the drivers seat with their permagrins. Until it got parked in the garage I was still running into those that were unaware of the Hot Wheels Edition Camaro. Can't wait for spring!
Blue-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 06:21 PM   #204
HWDV
 
HWDV's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro Hot Wheels SS
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: LaVernia, Texas (near SA)
Posts: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beard View Post
New hat to go with the new car
I want one.
__________________
Hot Wheels
Herb Williams

CAI Induction, Cat Back Exhaust & Xpel Clear Bra

HWDV is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
blue, hot, hotwheels, kinetic

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.