Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Nickey Chicago
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 06-16-2013, 03:24 PM   #1
Yellow_Glide

Drives: 2011 1LT "Chakita". 04 Yota
Torque app and Nexus 7 tablet

A couple of months ago I bought a Nexus 7 tablet / ODB2 adapter / torque app and I used these to monitor my sensor ready status along with a Actron ODB2 scanner - yes, I like multiple ways to verify info...

I've sent some logs in for analysis and I'm trying to figure out a couple of things using the Torque app.
  • Is there any way to view the realtime info screens without being in the vehicle as what Can't_C_Me posted: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ht=torque+app?
  • In working on the sensor ready issue, I added several output icons: is there a quick way to remove these from the screen?
  • Regarding the HP, TQ, 1/8th and 1/4 mile output: has anyone done comparisons with Torque and any of the pocket dynos such as Dynolicious?
Curious if the outputs are reasonably close?

Build thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3847083

Yellow_Glide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 03:47 PM   #2
solteroblues

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS IBM
I have both as well. I also have pocket dyno for my iPhone, and I feel like it gives much better results for performance. For example, pocket dyno routinely tells me I have a 5.5-6 sec 0-60 while I've never gotten below a 7 sec time on torque, and that should be pretty close with my mods.

I don't think you can see the real time info when not logging like you can when you are. You can put the logs into excel or something to graph the info, though.
solteroblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:22 PM   #3
KMPrenger

Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Wouldn't trust the hp and torque figures on these too much...but with torque I feel the zero to sixty is not far off if you have it set up right. It uses data to calculate the time instead of an accelerometer. Ive gotten a 5.8, almost 5.7 zero to sixty before. I also use the track recorder to make a video while doing th zero to sixty runs. It puts the data directly into the video and so I can time the video against what the timed run Torque reports and it seems very close.

As for seeing the realtime info when not in the car you have a few options. One, you can take a screen shot of what you are seeing on the screen if you just want a simple snapshot. Otherwise you can set it up to datalog whatever logs you want and view back the information in excel later
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote