Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Jason 98 TA
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 07-09-2009, 12:13 PM   #76
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Muchmark View Post
I've done a couple of burns now but in a different way. I'm too afraid to stomp on the gas and drop the clutch, so instead I am just quickly but smoothly release the clutch as I smoothly but quickly step on the gas. I tried this in a mall parking lot a few times until I got the hang of it and then tried it on the street. I've beat everyone I've used it on except once, and spun the tires just enough to make a really pleasing sound.
My favourite thing to do clowning around wise is I set the car to full competition mode (hold the skid control button down for 6 seconds until the ABS and anti skid lights come on) and then when the light turns green, I leave with a bit of load on the clutch and then when I am at 3500 RPM, I mash on the gas pedal and the rear tires break lose. You should see the faces on the guys who are behind you when they realize you can break traction.
Old 07-09-2009, 01:33 PM   #77
KimPossible

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/2RS Orange
Angry 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS

Last 5 digits of VIN #14226

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarorick View Post
IT WILL BE COVERED !! I wouldn't worry about that !!!

What is your VIN# ( last 5 digits ) ???
KimPossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:36 PM   #78
KimPossible

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/2RS Orange
Does anyone know where I can find the bulletin #PIP4666A referencing the problem with the output shaft? After reading all the posts I want a new tranny and don't want the dealer attempting to just "fix" the problem.
KimPossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 03:37 PM   #79
camaroguy
MJ is finally home!

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS Camaro M6
Don't worry about that. GM will be sending a new unit and it should only take them a couple of days to get it. They expeditite that stuff Fedex.

I'm thinking a recall is going to be coming soon due to all these tranny's breaking. Tremec is going down the shitter as far as I'm concerned...
camaroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:11 PM   #80
qbert48

Drives: 2SS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowerthanu View Post
Wow, you took this from a discussion on the strength of the Tremec to a discussion on the morals and responsibility of the new auto owner.

They put launch control on the car, I'm sure as hell gonna try it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroguy View Post
Uh... Why do you care so much about me getting on it? Am I somehow related to you? Are you my long lost Uncle that supposedly died in Vietnam? So, what if i was to say that I have 2600 miles on the car and the engine oil and rear end oil was changed already? How do you know what the mileage on my car is and if its broken in? Either way, the unit would of failed... I don't see being rough on my Camaro when Launch Control is a feature of the damn car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Why are you still here? Really.....

Quote:
Don't worry about that. GM will be sending a new unit and it should only take them a couple of days to get it. They expeditite that stuff Fedex.

I'm thinking a recall is going to be coming soon due to all these tranny's breaking. Tremec is going down the shitter as far as I'm concerned...
built in Mexico fail

welcome home
1100 4-27-09
6000 6-27-09

yes i got to the dance late don't hate me
qbert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 03:43 PM   #81
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:

So what is the final word on this regarding a bulletin for this item that is breaking?
Old 07-13-2009, 03:01 AM   #82
McGruff

Drives: 98 Saturn
Instead of having my tranny break on a future date, I would prefer a recall to replace the tranny now.
McGruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 04:13 AM   #83
tom_vilsack

Drives: fast
BREAKING: Early Camaro SS manual transmission failures reported, factory hold issued..................

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/07/13/b...ures-reported/
tom_vilsack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:07 AM   #84
Unfair
Banned

Drives: 2001 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_vilsack View Post
BREAKING: Early Camaro SS manual transmission failures reported, factory hold issued..................

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/07/13/b...ures-reported/
So much for lengthy quality control holds.
Unfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 01:10 PM   #85
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
Anyone know the earliest vin to be found with this tranny problem???
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 01:31 PM   #86
Embalmer
2G1FT1EWXA9103351

Drives: 2SS RS, SIM, 6pd, 20"Alum
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 SS's View Post
Anyone know the earliest vin to be found with this tranny problem???
I thought I saw one around 5000??? Could be completely wrong though.

I'm interested on this one as well for obvious reasons (3351).
Embalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 08:17 PM   #87
carguy
Carguy

Drives: 57Chevy,67,80,2@10's camaro's,04SSR
Just lost my tranny today just shifting into second...VIN 18254

2010 SS/RS LS3, 21" Rims, SLP lowering Kit & sway bars, TVS2300, Hennesy CAI, Kooks LT Headrers & Cats, Corsa Exhaust, RIP Shift ST shifter, SLP Hood & Spoiler, Slp Black out package - Grill SS & Rear SS Emblems, ADM Dual Fuel Pump , 3.6 upper Pulley, 10% overdriven Innovators West Crank Pulley& Pin Kit.

.................................................. ..............................
carguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:14 PM   #88
Krazy and old

Drives: 2007 Shelby GT 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy View Post
Just lost my tranny today just shifting into second...VIN 18254
What happened????
Krazy and old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:10 PM   #89
carguy
Carguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy and old View Post
What happened????
She Just Blew as I was grabing second gear. No mis shift. Launch control off.

Shifting at 4500 so wasn't into it that hard. ( Disclaimer...Does have a blower on it. I have been getting flamed for not mentioning that.)

but it should have held what I have given it so far.

I have been pretty easy on it waiting to get some more miles before I hammer it to hard.

Haven't done not a one burn out or Hard launch.

Comes a part tomorrow will find out then.

I will test her good when I get it back...if the tranny doesn't hold I will have to look for a plan B for a tranny !

No Worries Pay to play..

2010 SS/RS LS3, 21" Rims, SLP lowering Kit & sway bars, TVS2300, Hennesy CAI, Kooks LT Headrers & Cats, Corsa Exhaust, RIP Shift ST shifter, SLP Hood & Spoiler, Slp Black out package - Grill SS & Rear SS Emblems, ADM Dual Fuel Pump , 3.6 upper Pulley, 10% overdriven Innovators West Crank Pulley& Pin Kit.

.................................................. ..............................
Old 07-31-2009, 09:54 AM   #90
Unfair
Banned

Drives: 2001 Camaro SS
Quote:

Shifting at 4500 so wasn't into it that hard. ( Disclaimer...Does have a blower on it. I have been getting flamed for not mentioning that.)

I have been pretty easy on it waiting to get some more miles before I hammer it to hard.

I will test her good when I get it back...if the tranny doesn't hold I will have to look for a plan B for a tranny !

No Worries Pay to play..

should have beld up to that, how much are you putting to the ground these trannys cant be that weak.
Unfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:59 AM   #91
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unfair View Post
should have beld up to that, how much are you putting to the ground these trannys cant be that weak.
Not if he created a hairline crack in a previous run.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:57 AM   #92
carguy
Carguy

Here is the latest Guys along with GMs latest Memo....

From service Manager....

SNAPPED OFF TAIL SHAFT CALLING GM TO SEE WHAT THERE RECOMMENDED REPAIR IS AND I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHAT WE WILL BE DOING TO FIX YOUR CAR AND HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE.

-JJ

GM Posting to Sevice Dept....

Service Information

Camaro (VIN F)Service Manual | Document ID: 2295976

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#PIP4666A: Vehicle Will Not Move In Any Gear - (Jun 26, 2009)

Subject:
Vehicle Will Not Move In Any Gear

Models:
2010 Chevrolet Camaro

Equipped With The Tremec 6-Speed Manual Transmission RPO M10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This PI was superseded to change conditions and recommendations. Please discard PIP4666.

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:

Customer may comment that the vehicle will not move in any gear. Technicians may find the transmission output shaft broken.

Recommendation/Instructions:

If a vehicle comes into the dealer with the concern described above please contact the General Motors Technical Assistance Center at 1-877-446-8227 (USA) or 1-800-263-7740 (Canada) and follow the prompts to Camaro Action Center and set a TAC case.

Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.

WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION

Same problem everyone else is having. Even without blower. They are going to have trouble proving the blower was the cause when there are so many tailshafts broken out there.

Hylton Seems to want to blame me...

What ever but I didn't break the other 89 that have already been posted on this forum.

Like I said If its my fault I will pay but doesn't look that way according to dealer.

By Law warranty must stand unless They can prove it was the mod that caused the problem and with so many out there busted That is going to be difficult to do....

Just MHO

I still stand by my car and dealer and don't have one bad word to say.

So Hylton, Cut me some slack.

Its my car, my issue, and between me and GM what you have against me or my posts I don't know but I know how to drive and I know cars very well...This ain't my first rodeo.....

Maybe you just want a huffer on yours .....

Old 07-31-2009, 11:11 AM   #93
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:
Here is the latest Guys along with GMs latest Memo....

From service Manager....

SNAPPED OFF TAIL SHAFT CALLING GM TO SEE WHAT THERE RECOMMENDED REPAIR IS AND I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHAT WE WILL BE DOING TO FIX YOUR CAR AND HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE.

-JJ

GM Posting to Sevice Dept....

Service Information

Camaro (VIN F)Service Manual | Document ID: 2295976

#PIP4666A: Vehicle Will Not Move In Any Gear - (Jun 26, 2009)

Subject:
Vehicle Will Not Move In Any Gear

Models:
2010 Chevrolet Camaro

Equipped With The Tremec 6-Speed Manual Transmission RPO M10

This PI was superseded to change conditions and recommendations. Please discard PIP4666.

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:

Customer may comment that the vehicle will not move in any gear. Technicians may find the transmission output shaft broken.

Recommendation/Instructions:

If a vehicle comes into the dealer with the concern described above please contact the General Motors Technical Assistance Center at 1-877-446-8227 (USA) or 1-800-263-7740 (Canada) and follow the prompts to Camaro Action Center and set a TAC case.

Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.

WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION

Same problem everyone else is having. Even without blower. They are going to have trouble proving the blower was the cause when there are so many tailshafts broken out there.

Hylton Seems to want to blame me...

What ever but I didn't break the other 89 that have already been posted on this forum.

Like I said If its my fault I will pay but doesn't look that way according to dealer.

By Law warranty must stand unless They can prove it was the mod that caused the problem and with so many out there busted That is going to be difficult to do....

Just MHO

I still stand by my car and dealer and don't have one bad word to say.

So Hylton, Cut me some slack.

Its my car, my issue, and between me and GM what you have against me or my posts I don't know but I know how to drive and I know cars very well...This ain't my first rodeo.....

Maybe you just want a huffer on yours .....
Dude, not real sure about this. I am real sorry for your car, and I believe GM will fix it, but to try and Doh Hylton isn't the coolest thing to do. From Experience he has helped many many many people on this forum and has alot of knowledge about GM and their workings. I am sure he was not dogging you personally but just trying to relay things he has seen in the past. JMHO
Old 07-31-2009, 11:33 AM   #94
ssump29
LOL at most people here.

Drives: 2005 GTO,2006 M6, 2007 300 Touring
Quote:

No Worries Pay to play..
I have such a hard time with this, you say you have been easy on it and haven't done one hard launch or burnout. To me I find the temptation to much not to not get on it after having a blower installed. I mean come on taking it up to 4500 rpms is pretty high and hard, given the car redlines at 6250. At 4500 this engine screams so how is 4500 considered not hard? It sounds like you aren't giving the whole story and just want to add fuel to the fire that the tranny sucks, because it broke and I wasn't driving hard.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:36 AM   #95
carguy
Carguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jekel View Post
Dude, not real sure about this. I am real sorry for your car, and I believe GM will fix it, but to try and Doh Hylton isn't the coolest thing to do. From Experience he has helped many many many people on this forum and has alot of knowledge about GM and their workings. I am sure he was not dogging you personally but just trying to relay things he has seen in the past. JMHO
Not trying To Dis anybody...I to Have enjoyed his posts but he keeps comming back at me...Nothing personal but there is a output shaft Problem.

It is well documented and I have been real upfront with dealer and am willing to except responsability if it is my issue.

I am just trying to keep everyone informed and it seems he wants to sling some mud at me for some reason.

I am not trying to or inintending on offending anyone and if I did I am very sorry. I just asked for a little slack until I get the facts.

Hyton I appoligize if that came off wrong...I am just seeing a lot of the same problems that are un related to the supercharger.

Again I respect Hylton and his help on the forum....that I appriciate.

Sorry if I affended anyone...My Bad....

Old 07-31-2009, 11:41 AM   #96
carguy
Carguy

The final Word.....

GM IS SENDING US A TRANS ASSEMBLY (W/UPDATED COMPONENTS) THAT WE SHOULD RECEIVE MON. OR TUES. I WILL TREAT THIS AS A WARRANTY REPAIR DUE TO THIS BEING A KNOWN DEFECT. WE WILL HAVE YOU BACK ON THE ROAD SOON!

Old 07-31-2009, 11:58 AM   #97
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:
The final Word.....

GM IS SENDING US A TRANS ASSEMBLY (W/UPDATED COMPONENTS) THAT WE SHOULD RECEIVE MON. OR TUES. I WILL TREAT THIS AS A WARRANTY REPAIR DUE TO THIS BEING A KNOWN DEFECT. WE WILL HAVE YOU BACK ON THE ROAD SOON!
That is great news, I knew GM would take care of it or felt they would anyway, and they did.

As for the other stuff water under the bridge. Just better to be safe than sorry. While I truly understand GM's issue with mods, I really believe if they have a problem that they know about that they will take care of it, but if the can prove abuse then your SOL. To me it's crazy to yhink you can floor any car and dump the clutch and think it will hold up over a perios of time.

For me I will not launch my car until they identify the range of transmissions that are affected, and still may not after that.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:30 PM   #98
carguy
Carguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssump29 View Post
I have such a hard time with this, you say you have been easy on it and haven't done one hard launch or burnout. To me I find the temptation to much not to not get on it after having a blower installed. I mean come on taking it up to 4500 rpms is pretty high and hard, given the car redlines at 6250. At 4500 this engine screams so how is 4500 considered not hard? It sounds like you aren't giving the whole story and just want to add fuel to the fire that the tranny sucks, because it broke and I wasn't driving hard.
I have repeatedly said if its my deal I will pay. I have never blamed anyone and I have spoken very highly ( still do ) of the car and GM.

It wasn't a 45oo rpm launch It was a shift into second and IMHO That ain't nothing. As I said in all the other posts same problem with other non blown cars and if it can't take the launch ( Which I didn't do) why does competitive mode Launch control allow you to launch at 4300 or what ever it is( Don't Know cause I haven't tried it) if it can't take it.

So Mine has a blower all the others didn't Doesn't someone see the light on this deal thet have an output shaft problem ( Tremec)...They have admitted it even by there own bulletins.

Yes, I agree I got a blower on there and if Second gear would have blown or syncro's or rear end...Hey My bad, I write the check. That is not the case it was the output shaft that now over 89 posts on this very forum have had the same issue.

This is a tremec problem not a GM problem. GM runs in my veins.

I love my car, I recomend it to anybody who asks and that hasn't changed.

Just one of those things...If this one doesn't hold up( Tranny) I will find one that does... simple as that. I guarantee you the car hasn't even begun to see the flogging it will see...Thats the bottom line.

I bought it to play with, its not a daily driver so, I will Drive like all my other cars HARD but I honnestly have been pretty easy on it compared to what I could have been... I wanted to get things seated a little better before I went Crazy.

Anyway...Flame me all you want.

I stand by my dealer...I stand BY GM and always will.

My bad I pay...no problem with that at all.

I personally believe...But what do I Know...That there is just a simple heat treat problem with the output shaft.

Stuff happens...I am not blaming GM on this one at all. New car, this stuff just happens.

Bottom Line I never said tranny sucks, I never said car sucks, never said GM sucks...Read the posts...

Not looking to blame anyone those are your words not mine.

If I was going to try and blame someone I wouldn't beat around the bush I would just say it " They Suck" No where have I ever complained.

Just trying to help others make informed decisions based on my experience.

Why would I let someone else spend 8 grand on a blower if the tranny won't hold, that is the reason for the post. Not to complain. I am not a whinner or a cry baby just trying to help others as they have helped me by posting their experiences on this forum.

Hopefully I have done just that....I have no reason to not tell the truth.

I also have no reason to post any of this If I wasn't trying to help inform others. Why would I subject myself to all this scrutiny otherwise.

I don't need all this crap...I can get it from my wife without all the typing.

Just trying to be helpful.

Old 07-31-2009, 01:03 PM   #99
carguy
Carguy

I really believe if they have a problem that they know about that they will take care of it, but if the can prove abuse then your SOL.

That is the way it should be...I don't expect them to pay for my abuse nor should they.

I am a buisness person and own several of my own buisnesses myself. I understand completey. I want to keep GM in Buisness not put them out.

I already have my name in the hat for an 2011 Convertible and will Most likely buy a Z28 if and when they build them.

My reason for posting is purely for informative purposes only.

The end result has shown the GM is standing up for what they and I believe is a faulty part KUDOS to them for that.

They have done right and had it been from my abuse...something other than what has been happening to everyone else I would gladly pay the bill.

I Told the service manager that right up front....

I am not a free loader I don't want what I don't deserve and actually found the whole thing rather amusing even before I knew whether or not GM was picking up the tab. Never said one harsh word to anyone and never blamed anyone...Check my posts.

I accept full responsibility for my actions...I am a stamd up guy just trying to have a little fun in life While the rest of the world is in termoil.

life is to short to get all upset over stuff like this. Just nuts and Bolts.

As long as I am alive and healthy enough to play with my toys I am a happy Camper!

Old 07-31-2009, 01:25 PM   #100
carguy
Carguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyaFord View Post
carguy

I must be having deja'vu or posts are being deleted from this thread.

Last night as I'm reading this, the next post after you indicated that your trans
was history, was by someone that said " isn't your Camaro supercharged "
and now thats gone along with 2-3 other posts with your 'waranty concern' about
the transmission even thought the Dealership is who did the blower install.

Further I now see you have a 'disclaimer' concerning the above.

Whats the deal. Let the flames begin.

Art
Dealer did do install..and they did me right in the end.
No gripes here.