Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Flowmaster Exhaust
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 07-31-2009, 01:01 PM   #101
vinyljunkie
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Here you go.

hope this will make people feel at ease (ME)

http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2009...blem-is-fixed/
vinyljunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:44 PM   #102
equus6

Drives: Jeep Liberty
I have to say, I am just a car guy wife, not a car guy, so I may be missing something or perhaps it makes me more objective, but the lack of information on when my husbands car is going to be delivered, or even what its status is other than general information, amazes me. In a world where I can send a letter and know exactly where it is and who has it any hour on the hour, I can't find out where a $40,000 car is and when we can expect it? What we are waiting on? Bad information is better than no information, if GM really has any interest in customer servce like they say they do, they really need to improve their information flow to customers. They need to read the book "A sense of urgency" if they want to compete in todays market. No offense to the folks who have set up this website and are giving us more information than the dealer, I certainly appreciate that. But seriously, if they don't really make some major changes in this day of instant information they are going to run into trouble. GM better really revamp and rethink their customer service plans, they are not off to a great start...
equus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:51 PM   #103
vinyljunkie
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
well when i got mine my sales guy was on top of it and told me exactly where and when its getting there. knew where the delivery truck was, what stops he made and est time (a day off or so) of arrival. I dont think it's GM but the dealer themselves.

You might want to ask your sales guy. From what i was told by my sales guy - they should know what deliveries are coming and have info on transit. I think the dealers not telling you because they know its not coming in soon and dont want to loose a sale. but thats MHO thats all
vinyljunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:15 PM   #104
carguy
Carguy

Drives: 57Chevy,67,80,2@10's camaro's,04SSR
I think this thread just got hi jacked

2010 SS/RS LS3, 21" Rims, SLP lowering Kit & sway bars, TVS2300, Hennesy CAI, Kooks LT Headrers & Cats, Corsa Exhaust, RIP Shift ST shifter, SLP Hood & Spoiler, Slp Black out package - Grill SS & Rear SS Emblems, ADM Dual Fuel Pump , 3.6 upper Pulley, 10% overdriven Innovators West Crank Pulley& Pin Kit.

.................................................. ..............................
carguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:20 PM   #105
carguy
Carguy

My dealer just told me that he has a customer car that has been built for over a month and hasn't been shipped because they don't have enough cars to load or fill a train car.
Evedently because of all the 6 speeds being held in QC.

Just what he said..They are usually pretty accurate.

Don't shoot the mesenger just repeating what i was told.

2010 SS/RS LS3, 21" Rims, SLP lowering Kit & sway bars, TVS2300, Hennesy CAI, Kooks LT Headrers & Cats, Corsa Exhaust, RIP Shift ST shifter, SLP Hood & Spoiler, Slp Black out package - Grill SS & Rear SS Emblems, ADM Dual Fuel Pump , 3.6 upper Pulley, 10% overdriven Innovators West Crank Pulley& Pin Kit.

.................................................. ..............................
Old 07-31-2009, 11:36 PM   #106
carguy
Carguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by equus6 View Post
I have to say, I am just a car guy wife, not a car guy, so I may be missing something or perhaps it makes me more objective, but the lack of information on when my husbands car is going to be delivered, or even what its status is other than general information, amazes me. In a world where I can send a letter and know exactly where it is and who has it any hour on the hour, I can't find out where a $40,000 car is and when we can expect it? What we are waiting on? Bad information is better than no information, if GM really has any interest in customer servce like they say they do, they really need to improve their information flow to customers. They need to read the book "A sense of urgency" if they want to compete in todays market. No offense to the folks who have set up this website and are giving us more information than the dealer, I certainly appreciate that. But seriously, if they don't really make some major changes in this day of instant information they are going to run into trouble. GM better really revamp and rethink their customer service plans, they are not off to a great start...
You can track your car on this forum almost s well as your dealert in some cases better.Depending on your dealer.

If your dealer is comited to tracking event codes etc you can follow it through the entitre build process and once its shipped you can even track the rail car. All info available on this forum....

If all else fails keep hounding your dealer they can call DBC(dealer business center) and find out exactly where you care is and goive you an etimated TPW( targeted production week)

shipping varies depending on your location...but can be tracked.

first you need your order #

browse this forum and you will find what you need..you can always call the 1 800 useless number. Once in a while they can give you some info but not real reliable. Dealer is your best bet. they can find it if they want to

Old 08-04-2009, 03:31 PM   #107
nuptualnemesis
NuptualNemesis

Drives: Silver 1SS M6 - 480hp 11.57/120.79
Broken Transmission Output Shaft - My thoughts on competition mode

Broke my output shaft Sunday night. Vin 13782. Third or fourth launch in competition mode. Also made three or four with traction control and competition mode turned off between 2500 and 3500 rpm. I am afraid this is not limited to a certain batch of vehicles. 4200 rpm dumps too much energy into the drive train. I don't think ABS kicking in to limit wheel spin can help either. ABS is supposed to be less aggressive in competition mode. ABS may kick in too soon and be part of the problem. I think competition mode will break any drive train sooner or later.

This appears to be similar to the problem they had with the Nissan GT-R last year. They soon said use of launch mode on solid surface voids warranty. They said it was only for getting out of ice or slippery surface. This year they reduced rev limiter from around 4200 to 3200 rpm.

DON'T USE COMPETITION MODE. You don't need it. Turn it and traction control off by holding button down for seven seconds. Launch between 3000 and 3200 rpm by driving out. Don't dump clutch but don't slip it either. CAUTION: slipping the clutch will burn up the clutch. Let clutch out like taking off from a stop and press gas pedal like taking off from a stop, don't stomp it. This should be much easier on entire drive line and will help 60 foot times.

I love my car but I am holding on to my JD Powers new car survey to see how long this takes to be repaired. More than a week is too long. If you haven't returned your survey yet, you may want to hold onto it.

Sorry if you already read this elsewhere but broken transmissions are on three or four different threads. I really think competition mode is a needless mistake.

Last edited by nuptualnemesis; 08-05-2009 at 08:55 AM.
nuptualnemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 04:22 PM   #108
Unfair
Banned

Drives: 2001 Camaro SS
I'm pretty sure all you guys can stop using the "isolated incident" excuse now. people are paying for these things.
Unfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 08:04 PM   #109
Ltdodge

Drives: 2008 Z06
has anyone that has had a broken tranny and replaced it tried to launch it again? maybe they should try and see if it breaks again......
Old 08-05-2009, 06:43 AM   #110
Unfair
Banned

Drives: 2001 Camaro SS
I think after people having it repaired they don't want to even try it, it will takes some balls to try it again lol then wait fotr the repair again etc...
Unfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 07:18 AM   #111
orangeinfernoman

Drives: 2010 camaro ss ls3 iom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unfair View Post
I think after people having it repaired they don't want to even try it, it will takes some balls to try it again lol then wait fotr the repair again etc...
after you my friend
orangeinfernoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 08:45 AM   #112
Van

Drives: 2006 EVO MR - 390 @ wheels
Well...if you're going to launch it, probably best to do it "by-foot" from now on. At least until GM sorts things out. The power doesn't get dumped into the drivetrain and you can launch at a lower RPM.

Then again, why would you be launching at 4500rpm anyplace but the dragstrip ? (The occasional "spirited take-offs" from time to time are understandable but probably not at 4500rpm)?.

FWIW -- the EVO IX's are also known to burn clutches and bust t-cases on the strip. It was engineered so that the folks doing that crap all the time would have to replace clutches (being less expensive than trannies and t-cases). However with the higher HP numbers sometimes the other stuff still goes. Most owners have accepted the fact now that you gotta be prepared to pay if you wanna play.

Regardless of whether or not GM put the "feature" in...its still hard on the vehicle and could in fact be labeled as "abuse". It WILL make the parts break prematurely and that's to be expected. Once however is a problem unless you're pushing through a higher amount of power than the shaft was engineered to take.

So is the culprit still a metallurgy problem? Or has anything else surfaced from an engineering standpoint? What's the output shafts torque rating? Anyone know that?
3000, Order accepted by production control 8/18/2009 TPW 9/07/2009
3300, Order scheduled for production 8/24/2009
3400, Order broadcast 9/1/2009
3800, Order produced 9/11/2009
4200, Shipped 9/11/2009
5000, Delivered to the dealer
Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 06:39 PM   #113
carguy
Carguy

I am going to Check mine out Right in Front of the dealer. Maybe twice with the service manager inthe car.

I live 45 minutes from the dealer and I 'm not to eager to winch that car back in my trailer again.

If it doesn't take it then I am going to find one that will...!

That is one of the reasons I bought the car...to have fun with it. If I got to babby peddle it around I don't want it.

I Do really want it too...I absolutely love the car.

( Disclaimer...I Have a Blower)

Old 08-06-2009, 03:39 PM   #114
carfansince73

Drives: Carefully
GM says the launch control is there for us to use, so we should be able to use it without breaking stuff on any stock car. I know I didn't buy this car to have to worry about babying it for fear of breaking something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy View Post
I am going to Check mine out Right in Front of the dealer. Maybe twice with the service manager inthe car.
That's a good idea.
2010 1SS RS, LS3, SIM/Black, painted rally stripes, AAC sidemarkers, Sunroof, B.A. sound sys; 20x9.5 & 20x11 SV1-C5's; Hotchkis Track Pack; Corsa catback; Kooks 1 7/8"; ADM Street; TVS2300 - 548rwhp/512rwtq
1100- 2/18/09; 3800- 6/15/09 VIN#18308; Delivered 6/29/09!!!!! I wonder if the state would allow this vanity plate---> KISSMYSS
carfansince73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 07:57 PM   #115
domano 68

Drives: 2014 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy View Post
Here is the latest Guys along with GMs latest Memo....

From service Manager....

SNAPPED OFF TAIL SHAFT CALLING GM TO SEE WHAT THERE RECOMMENDED REPAIR IS AND I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHAT WE WILL BE DOING TO FIX YOUR CAR AND HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE.

-JJ

GM Posting to Sevice Dept....

Service Information

Camaro (VIN F)Service Manual | Document ID: 2295976

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#PIP4666A: Vehicle Will Not Move In Any Gear - (Jun 26, 2009)

Subject:
Vehicle Will Not Move In Any Gear

Models:
2010 Chevrolet Camaro

Equipped With The Tremec 6-Speed Manual Transmission RPO M10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This PI was superseded to change conditions and recommendations. Please discard PIP4666.

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:

Customer may comment that the vehicle will not move in any gear. Technicians may find the transmission output shaft broken.

Recommendation/Instructions:

If a vehicle comes into the dealer with the concern described above please contact the General Motors Technical Assistance Center at 1-877-446-8227 (USA) or 1-800-263-7740 (Canada) and follow the prompts to Camaro Action Center and set a TAC case.

Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.

WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION

Same problem everyone else is having. Even without blower. They are going to have trouble proving the blower was the cause when there are so many tailshafts broken out there.

Hylton Seems to want to blame me...

What ever but I didn't break the other 89 that have already been posted on this forum.

Like I said If its my fault I will pay but doesn't look that way according to dealer.

By Law warranty must stand unless They can prove it was the mod that caused the problem and with so many out there busted That is going to be difficult to do....

Just MHO

I still stand by my car and dealer and don't have one bad word to say.

So Hylton, Cut me some slack.

Its my car, my issue, and between me and GM what you have against me or my posts I don't know but I know how to drive and I know cars very well...This ain't my first rodeo.....

Maybe you just want a huffer on yours .....
Old 11-03-2010, 06:37 PM   #116
fast34me

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS
My Camaro just broke a right rear half shaft or u-joint. I hope that's all that's involved. Vin # 49008. Cold tires on old asphalt. Turned on Launch Control and left at 4K and bam. Bad deal was a friend was asking to check mine out because his wife wants one. We were left standing while waiting for the roll back. I've used LC 6 times maybe. My year old 2010 3SS has 3903 miles on it. Only hopeful GM makes it right. Why would the put LC on there and not expect someone to use it. Everything should be strong enough to leave at 6500 or what's the use of having it? Anyone breaking any left sides? Why are only the right sides breaking?
fast34me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:37 AM   #117
nomadicdogg

Drives: '10 2SS/RS Cyber Grey Camaro (sold)
I dont know of too many transmissions that can handle a 4500 rpm clutch dump. I know with competitive mode it says you can,but thats really for a launch and not to do a burnout. easier way on the car is to have it coasting a little bit so theres not as much force appled to the tranny or axle.
426 hp all at one time is alot to handle.....
tremec makes good stuff. glad you are getting it handled.
nomadicdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 07:34 PM   #118
Orange2010SS

Drives: Orange 2010 2SS LS3
Sorry to revive an old thread. I have a 2010 with A VIN under 25K that I purchased 2 months ago with only 1,200 miles on it. I now have 2,400 miles on it and haven't done any burnouts or launches at all. A buddy of mine who swears by the Diablo Predator bought me one as a gift and of course I installed it w/out reading here that it would void my warranty!! I'm now nervous about doing a launch in fear that the tranny is going to explode. I guess there never was a verified listing of VINs affected? I read every thread on this topic (including all the arguing) and it appears there was a delay in processing at the plant around the time mine was manufactured so I'm hoping mine was one of the one's held back and checked over.

Also, I bought the car from CarMax and purchased their extended warranty. Not sure if they check ECMs or not when doing repairs. Do I still have a GM warranty on the powertrain even though I'm not the original owner? I would hope even with a tune if I go out and break the tranny (due to this known defect) it would be covered. Now I'm nervous as hell and would like to kill my helpful friend

Last edited by Orange2010SS; 06-18-2011 at 07:05 PM.
Orange2010SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 02:25 PM   #119
BBQdDude

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS RS
Sorry...pay to play. You knew what you were doing right?
BBQdDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 03:34 PM   #120
Orange2010SS

Drives: Orange 2010 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQdDude View Post
Sorry...pay to play. You knew what you were doing right?
No, that's what I was saying. My buddy got me the diablo and I installed it without reading here first to find out it would void my warranty. It's help with throttle response especially under 3K RPM but not worth voiding my warranty.
Orange2010SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:45 PM   #121
IOM Black Diamond
HT5 COTW 1/21/13

Drives: 2010 Camaro Inferno 2SS RS 6M
Old 06-23-2011, 01:59 PM   #122
toilets

Drives: 2010 camaro
So does anyone know what exact build models or vin #'s were affected. I have a Jan 1/10 build
toilets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 02:03 PM   #123
Moorepheus

Drives: 2013 Dodge Charge R/T Plus AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by toilets View Post
So does anyone know what exact build models or vin #'s were affected. I have a Jan 1/10 build
You car is not in the vin range, you probably about 80K to 90K....what's the last 6 digits of your vin?
Moorepheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 02:08 PM   #124
toilets

Drives: 2010 camaro
ty for the response Moorepheus.. Im at work and car is in the garage. i will post when I get home.. Actually, would I be able to tell by looking at the VIN? how would I be able to read the last 6? is 123456 mean I have the 123,456 car made?
toilets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 02:27 PM   #125
Moorepheus

Drives: 2013 Dodge Charge R/T Plus AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by toilets View Post
ty for the response Moorepheus.. Im at work and car is in the garage. i will post when I get home.. Actually, would I be able to tell by looking at the VIN? how would I be able to read the last 6? is 123456 mean I have the 123,456 car made?

Last 6 digits of your vin is your build number. take the last 6 digits and subtract 100,000 from it. Mine was built on 3/3/2010, Vin # 200595, which made mine 100,595. If yours was built around Jan 2010, then I would say between 80K-90K vin range.
Moorepheus is offline   Reply With Quote