Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2013, 10:41 AM   #18
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 14 Chevy Spark 1LT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 20,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
That cut our vacation short when we were west two weeks ago. It was blinding. The weather person termed it torrential. Took the fun out.

I hope there are no problems with your home.
I know about torrential rains, back in 2009 my wife and I drove our Sky down to Daytona Beach, it started raining right after we got there and continued to rain for 4 days, they got 30" of rain in 4 days, we had to stay an extra day because the water was too high to drive through every way out of town. Even the retaining wall at the hotel next door collapsed one night.
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...CAMARO!

The Bird is the word!
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:45 AM   #19
ToolFan66


 
ToolFan66's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,098
It needs some angry wheels, to help give it that angry look..

But awesome nonetheless.. ;-)
__________________


KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:02 AM   #20
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 14 Chevy Spark 1LT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 20,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolFan66 View Post
It needs some angry wheels, to help give it that angry look..

But awesome nonetheless.. ;-)
Thanks, one if the reasons I wanted the 1LT non RS was because I like the wheel design better than the others. I have never been an real aftermarket wheel person either.
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...CAMARO!

The Bird is the word!
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:21 PM   #21
SuperSport2011

 
SuperSport2011's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 camaro 2ss/rs rally yellow L99
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 955
Congrats, going on 2 years july 29th
__________________
- Airaid cold air intake - Kooks 1 7/8 long tube headers
- Kooks high flow cats - Borla atak 2.5" cat back exhaust - Dyno tune - AFM delete - 94 octane tune - Vitesse paddle shifters - Blacked out rims - Costum painted engine cover - T3 stripes - GM locking gas cap
SuperSport2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:25 PM   #22
Ringo64
Forever Pontiac
 
Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Naples, FL
Posts: 1,375
Nice!
__________________
Ringo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:50 PM   #23
Mutant Racer

 
Mutant Racer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 2LT Torch Red C7 Stingray
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,807
Bird you did a fantastic job on that car. My favorite part being the hood. I've always liked the V6's as well. I think of all the modern muscle cars out there Chevy did the best job on the V6 lineup.

On a side note: A few of us at Chicago5thGen are talking about a cruise to the Dragon. If we actually end up going, and there will be a lot of us, I'll send you a PM and hopefully you can join in. It would be really cool to have a local there to give us some pointers on that road.
Mutant Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:25 PM   #24
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 14 Chevy Spark 1LT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 20,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Racer View Post
Bird you did a fantastic job on that car. My favorite part being the hood. I've always liked the V6's as well. I think of all the modern muscle cars out there Chevy did the best job on the V6 lineup.

On a side note: A few of us at Chicago5thGen are talking about a cruise to the Dragon. If we actually end up going, and there will be a lot of us, I'll send you a PM and hopefully you can join in. It would be really cool to have a local there to give us some pointers on that road.
Cool I would be up for it!
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...CAMARO!

The Bird is the word!
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:30 PM   #25
PoorMansCamaro



 
PoorMansCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Really Slow
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 55,212
I really like your TL1 insert!!!
__________________
PoorMansCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:30 PM   #26
Fentito5thgen
RADAR
 
Fentito5thgen's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 AGM 2LT/RS
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 224
I have mine thanks to Becky too!! She is the best. I plan to get my next Camaro down the line, from her too.

Congrats on your aniversary.
__________________
"Hey, you want to lay the fate of the world on the kid's Camaro? That's cool." Agent Simmons (S7) TF 1
Fentito5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:35 PM   #27
CWI
Helping Build America
 
CWI's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Freeport LPG Export
Posts: 3,824
Awesome Angrybird. I am 8 days from celebrating 4 years with my SS. Looking forward to many more. It still drives and feels new every time I get in the seat, even with over 62K miles on it.
__________________
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit, what a ride!"
CWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:58 PM   #28
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
One year ago We were on our trip to Rodgers Chevrolet in Woodhaven, Mi in our 2010 Bumblebee and trade it for our new 2012 Convertible, AngryBird.

This year has seen many changes in AngryBird from the day we picked it up until what it looks like today.
Through it all and the 13,000 miles we have put on the car (most of which have been driving with the top down) I can say this has been one of the most trouble free cars in the first year of ownership that I have had. The only issues were very minor ones, the rubber strip on the passengers side of the top came dislodged. It was fixed with one trip to the dealership that only took 30 minutes, the air box had a broken tab that they replaced and the dash bubbling that disappeared over the winter and has not returned.
We have experienced numerous heavy rains, high winds, snow and ice while either driving or parked in my driveway. Not one drip or leak in the top or water bag so far.
The car is running and performing as I expect. I did add a RX Catch Can, and Ported throttle body and the MRT V2 exhaust.
My opinion of this car on a scale of 1-10 is a 9.95. It does everything I want and it is a beautiful car and never fails to get compliments everywhere I take it.

Thanks again to Becky Doyle for going the extra mile for us before, during and after the sale of our car.
We are looking forward to our next year together.
Here is a picture of Angrybird and Bumblebee together the day we picked it up.
Tim
Greetings Tim,

Awesome story and we're happy to hear everything operating smoothly with your Camaro. It's a very nice looking vehicle and we hope things remain positive for you!

All the best,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:57 AM   #29
AdamEL
Adam E. Lucchesi
 
AdamEL's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1SS/RS LS3 VR
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 1,376
Send a message via AIM to AdamEL
Happy Anniversary! Mine's coming up soon, too!
AdamEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:55 AM   #30
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 14 Chevy Spark 1LT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 20,686
At this time 9:41am on June 18th 2012 we were at Rodgers Chevrolet meeting Becky and doing the final, paperwork on AngryBird. She then took us around to meet Maureen, Joe and the other fine people at Rodgers. We then went out and met Angrybird for the first time. She was stunning sitting there beside Bumblebee, ready to pass the torch. As Becky showed us the particulars about our new car, I just couldn't get over what a wonderful experience buying from her was. She then showed us how to install the tonneau cover and she then took pictures of us with the cars. We swapped all our personal belongings over and She then thanked us and left us. We got in and called Onstar to finalize the setup had directions to the Indianapolis motor speedway downloaded to the car and we were on our way, Sun shining, top down and enjoying every mile.
It was a wonderful three day trip back home. We made stops in Indianapolis, Bowling Green, Ky and Nashville, Tn before making our way home. It was a wonderful week, no rain, mostly sunshine. You couldn't ask for a better introduction to a wonderful car.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...CAMARO!

The Bird is the word!
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:15 AM   #31
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
At this time 9:41am on June 18th 2012 we were at Rodgers Chevrolet meeting Becky and doing the final, paperwork on AngryBird. She then took us around to meet Maureen, Joe and the other fine people at Rodgers. We then went out and met Angrybird for the first time. She was stunning sitting there beside Bumblebee, ready to pass the torch. As Becky showed us the particulars about our new car, I just couldn't get over what a wonderful experience buying from her was. She then showed us how to install the tonneau cover and she then took pictures of us with the cars. We swapped all our personal belongings over and She then thanked us and left us. We got in and called Onstar to finalize the setup had directions to the Indianapolis motor speedway downloaded to the car and we were on our way, Sun shining, top down and enjoying every mile.
It was a wonderful three day trip back home. We made stops in Indianapolis, Bowling Green, Ky and Nashville, Tn before making our way home. It was a wonderful week, no rain, mostly sunshine. You couldn't ask for a better introduction to a wonderful car.

Hello Angrybird 12,

Congratulations on your new Camaro! We are so happy to hear about your great experience with Rogers Chevrolet and there staff. If there is anything we can do to continue providing a great experience to you please do let us know how we can help.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:30 AM   #32
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 14 Chevy Spark 1LT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 20,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post

Hello Angrybird 12,

Congratulations on your new Camaro! We are so happy to hear about your great experience with Rogers Chevrolet and there staff. If there is anything we can do to continue providing a great experience to you please do let us know how we can help.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Well it's not really new any more, it's a year old with over 13,000 miles on it now. But it still has that "new car feeling" every time I drive it.
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...CAMARO!

The Bird is the word!
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:32 PM   #33
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Well it's not really new any more, it's a year old with over 13,000 miles on it now. But it still has that "new car feeling" every time I drive it.

O well my apologies for the confusion there Angrybird 12 . It was a pleasure still reading your story and we are sure you will continue to love your experience. If there is anything we could do to keep that going, feel free to reach out to us.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:57 PM   #34
snizzle
Recalled user
 
snizzle's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 2SS MT 45th AE
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,943
Love the hood. New wheels, new wheels!
__________________

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.