Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 05:46 PM   #113
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1 #182, 85 AMC Jeep CJ7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexlueger View Post
It's a catch can. I lives under your hood where nobody see's it. It is not a cosmetic mod. It collects blow by oil! 200 miles and it will be coated in road grime. Who cares what the paint looks like...

A lot of people put their cars in car shows!
Old 06-18-2013, 05:48 PM   #114
willhe64

Drives: 2012 45th Vert, 2011 4x4, 9sec Vega
Quote:
It's a catch can. I lives under your hood where nobody see's it. It is not a cosmetic mod. It collects blow by oil! 200 miles and it will be coated in road grime. Who cares what the paint looks like...
Everyone on this forum but you. My engine bay is as clean is the outside.
Old 06-18-2013, 05:50 PM   #115
Bauer2

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE and 2009 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorfmac View Post
As a consumer, this stuff matters to me regardless of how easy the fix is.

I want to know that I'm going to be waiting 7 weeks for a product. I want to know there's a good chance that said product would be of poor quality when I receive it. That way I know who to and not to do business with. When you buy a product, especially one that costs a few bills, you expect it to come ready to go - not that you will have to call anyone to resolve anything.

Sure, it's a simple fix and phone call, but its just one you SHOULDN'T have to make.

All that being said, I have an RX can and while I've never checked it, I assume I'm happy I have it? Haha
I shouldn't have to bring my car in for warranty work!!! Sometimes you do Shit happens things break the QA guy/gal stayed up all night with a sick kid and missed one thing it happens. I don't think all of GMs cars sick and they are a bad company. You bring it in and get it fixed and as long as they do it correctly you leave and all is right in the world again.

Yes it sucks but it's reality and its not ever going to change and as long as you have the people element involved. Some of you guys need to be a little more realistic.

Sent from the fast lane!
Old 06-18-2013, 05:52 PM   #116
Bauer2

Quote:
I keep my engine bay clean so that didn't apply to all.

Sent from the fast lane!
Old 06-18-2013, 07:45 PM   #117
lexlueger

Drives: V10 BMW M5, Supercharged 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer2 View Post
I keep my engine bay clean so that didn't apply to all.

Sent from the fast lane!
If your engine bay is clean you aint driving hard enough. Buy a prius.
IW 8 RIB PULLEY W/ OD COG REARS
NX EXPRESS/NANO KIT

KDI HEAT EXCHANGER/ROTOFAB RESERVOIR
CIRCLE D 2800 TC/FLEX PLATE/ADM TRANS COOLER
DSS DRIVESHAFT/1400 HP AXLES
EATON TRUETRAC -LPE 3.27 GEARS
DYNATECH HEADERS/MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST
SQUASH RETURN STYLE FS ID 850's E85/ FLEXFUEL
BMR/EIBACH SUSPENSION

KILL MODE, ON.

Old 06-18-2013, 07:49 PM   #118
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Quote:
Originally Posted by willhe64 View Post
Everyone on this forum but you. My engine bay is as clean is the outside.

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
Old 06-18-2013, 08:21 PM   #119
bhillakaiceberg

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS/RS L99
Old 06-18-2013, 08:34 PM   #120
SCHUSS
657 RWHP + 585 Torque

Drives: 13' HPE 700 ZL1, IOM vert, M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
This is an EXCELLENT can design here....one of the best I have seen from an individual.

And yes, we apologize to all except the non-customers who are only in these threads to cause trouble.....never will apologize to someone with evil intent.

And we ALWAYS give the best service possible, but due to the demand for these we have been having a much harder time doing the job as well as we have in the past. I want all to understand that we have only been able to produce 100 a week max and orders run 100-300 a week (and the post above shows why when compared to any other can on the market)

and that is with TURNING AWAY all dealer apps to carry our products the past 8-10 months (estimate $1mil worth of sales) and THEY cant understand why we "don't want to sell more". We do, but have been beyond our capacity now for nearly the past year.

and we have (all excuses, but accurate) an extremely poor labor pool to hire from. Seems no one wants to actually work hard, take the time and pride to do their best, down to just plain brain dead people being raised today not taught a single bit of common sense or work ethics. We can train and watch their every move and think they are good to go, but let them loose and this happens......and I cant do it all myself even though my average work day is 12-16 hours 7 days a week, and nearing 60 years old I cannot take the load. Couple that with the few same haters that follow each of these threads I have to address and it takes me out of the shop even more, so I ask PLEASE to call first. I can understand completely not being happy when this is what you see arrive, but this only adds to the issues. And the phones are busy near solid so leave a voice mail and someone will return the call.

The good news? We just merged with a far larger company and have more production capacity right around the corner that will allow us to ramp up to 1000 a week in the next 90-120 days. Does not help those waiting now, and finding quality workers is always going to be a struggle, but there is finally light at the end of the tunnel and I am then going back to 8-10 hour days 6 days a week, and taking my first vacation (aside from being sick) in over 4 years.

So, I apologize for all that are waiting FAR to long for theirs, and quality should always be the best possible, and those pics show totally unacceptable paint finish.

But please, just as we have always been known to do, a PM or phone call will always get you a quick and acceptable resolution.
Being a shop owner myself I can attest to the work ethic comments. I ordered my can well knowing an 8 week back order, I wanted the best and am willing to wait for it. I hope your merger is good for you, don't let quality suffer to get product out, that's the hardest thing when overwhelmed with orders, I know. Haters will hate. Good to hear your taking care of the issue immediately.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:26 PM   #121
Bauer2

Quote:
If your engine bay is clean you aint driving hard enough. Buy a prius.
This is my dd so I doubt that I just spend the time to clean it.

Sent from the fast lane!
Old 06-18-2013, 09:37 PM   #122
danl

Drives: 2013 JSB Camaro 2ss
sorry to hear about this bad experience....I was about to order a Rx also....
maybe elite is the way to go.....
Old 06-18-2013, 09:41 PM   #123
shiner98

Drives: 13 AshGray M6 ZL1 w/Nav/ECF/Sunroof
So after waiting over 2 months for my Rx catch can and emailing them about it. Btw, they immediately charged my bank account prior to the item being shipped which is total BS !!!

I opened a PapPal dispute. I get accused by the salesman for never contacting them which is also total BS! FOr which i get the same dam story each time, item is on back order. But then i receive the can 1 week later with PayPal dispute pressure, WITH THE WRONG FRICKN BRACKET!!!

GOT DAM IT

Too bad i closed the dispute after the box arrived, now I got no leverage to get the correct brACKET!!! FRICK !!!

No invoice or INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS ARRIVED IN THE BOX !!!

THATS NO FRICKN WAY TO RUN A BUSINEESS

Shipping sticker also cost less than the 15 bucks they charge you!

FRICK THEM !!!

And for all the peeps calling us wronged buyers as "haters," there's just way too many consumer complaints to justify that.

Last edited by shiner98; 06-18-2013 at 09:56 PM. Reason: fric
Old 06-18-2013, 10:10 PM   #124
SimpleGreen

Drives: 2013 1SS/1LE IOM
Half the problem is people coming here jumping down the manufactures throat before even contacting them about the issue. But, freedom of speech is alive and well on the internet, and I'm fine with that.

I bought my RX Catch Can just over a year ago. Took about two weeks to arrive. Looked great when it showed up. I also got the breather at the same time. Also a nice item. This was ordered through JDP as a combo.

Fast forward to nearly three weeks ago. I ordered TWO 1LE Style Separators. One for my car, one for a friends. My card has been charged. I'm not super upset about the wait, but I would at least have appreciated a response to my order giving an estimate on the waiting time, etc. But, I have $168 out and nothing to show for it yet. I just hope that the items I receive are as nice as everything else I have bought from RX.

Now, that being said. I work in a manufacturing environment. I know FIRST HAND what it's like to be under the gun with the whole world piled on your with no help on the way. I know first hand what it's like to have worthless employees working for you that skip out on work and do piss poor quality jobs that you find just before the customer gets their stuff and then kick and yell for a raise on top of that. I can totally believe based on the items I have already purchased that he makes quality parts and very well could be over ordered and putting up with employees not fit for digging a septic ditch. I have been there, done that, and worked nights and weekends to get past it, all while fighting the lack of parts, information, and the demands of people that make more money than I do.

I'm not happy about the wait anymore than anyone else. Unfortunately it looks like a classic case of growing pains, and being human, a bad egg gets out now and then.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:24 PM   #125
cbass

Drives: .
Quote:
Now, that being said. I work in a manufacturing environment. I know FIRST HAND what it's like to be under the gun with the whole world piled on your with no help on the way. I know first hand what it's like to have worthless employees working for you that skip out on work and do piss poor quality jobs that you find just before the customer gets their stuff and then kick and yell for a raise on top of that. I can totally believe based on the items I have already purchased that he makes quality parts and very well could be over ordered and putting up with employees not fit for digging a septic ditch. I have been there, done that, and worked nights and weekends to get past it, all while fighting the lack of parts, information, and the demands of people that make more money than I do.
I understand that and I feel the guy's pain. However, knowing this as a customer is valuable. You have to keep in mind that not everyone wants to wait 2 months for a catch can and then get one where the quality has gone down. How long is the turn around time to get issues resolved if it takes 2 months to get a can?

Not everyone is willing to wait that long and the customer should have a clear picture of expectations before ordering and if that's not something that are willing to do, then go with another product.

Look how people got upset when there was a quality hold on the cars or on the first ZL1's that delayed shipments.

I still like the guy. He was very help and accomodating and generally what seemed like a performance enthusiast wanting to deliver the best product he can. However, this may not be the time to buy a RX can considering the issues.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:31 PM   #126
SimpleGreen

Drives: 2013 1SS/1LE IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbass View Post
I understand that and I feel the guy's pain. However, knowing this as a customer is valuable. You have to keep in mind that not everyone wants to wait 2 months for a catch can and then get one where the quality has gone down. How long is the turn around time to get issues resolved if it takes 2 months to get a can?

Not everyone is willing to wait that long and the customer should have a clear picture of expectations before ordering and if that's not something that are willing to do, then go with another product.

Look how people got upset when there was a quality hold on the cars or on the first ZL1's that delayed shipments.
Trust me, I know noone likes a setback, but such is life. I do feel any custom issues should be moved to the top of the list.

Damned if you, damned if you don't really. People will get upset if they don't get their stuff yesterday, and will get upset if they wait forever and get it correct, or wait forever and happen to get the bad egg.

I have just decided to worry less about things like that. I'll live a lot longer if I don't get worked up over everything in life. I hope everyone with problems get them fixed soon, everyone with orders (like myself) will get them without 2+ month waits, and that Tracy and his gang will get their ship sailing smooth in the near future.

Edit: If my wait time gets too out of hand, I'll just be temped to make my own separator. Between seeing what his looks like and how the 1LE one functions, it's not very difficult.

Closed Thread