Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
B&M
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions New members, come introduce yourselves here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2013, 09:10 AM   #1
bigssc
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Black 2013 Camaro 2SS (auto L99)
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Long Island N.Y.
Posts: 611
Smile new here

hey guys im probably picking up my 2013 2ss auto (its going to be my daily driver and i live on long island so the 6 speed would be a pain in the ass in traffic everyday lol) on thursday, im pumped. i always wanted one, my uncle had one in 2010 (2ss aqua blue metallic) and he just traded up for the ZL1 about 10 months ago (the car is a nasty beast) ive always owned chevys my first ride was a slammed 85' c10 and i just sold my 2006 Trailblazer ss about 7-8 months ago, so im excited to be gettng back into the chevy prefromance world. what would be the first upgrade u guys think i should do? im going to allow the motor to break in for the first 4-5 thousand miles but i just want to start getting idea. thanks!
bigssc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:25 AM   #2
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush
 
Bodih's Avatar
 
Drives: it like I stoles it...
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 2,051
Post pics when you get it! Congrats!

Enjoy the Ride!
__________________


My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:51 AM   #3
Comrando
SScalator
 
Comrando's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 CGM LS3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 6,362
What color did you pick? Not that any are ugly

Be sure you bed in those Brembos.

Then get a really big right shoe
__________________
Give me fuel. Give me fire. Give me that which I desire.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v87/Slotict/Camaro/Wink-2_zpscd6910bd.jpg
Comrando is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:52 AM   #4
11VicConSSMan
 
11VicConSSMan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Manteca CA
Posts: 139
Welcome aboard... Remember to warn your riders to keep their hands and heads inside of the car at all times, as this is a CAMARO.... and its going to FLY....... and you are not liable for any corrective facial procedures to remove the perma-grin from their faces when they land.....


11VicConSSMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:00 AM   #5
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigssc View Post
hey guys im probably picking up my 2013 2ss auto (its going to be my daily driver and i live on long island so the 6 speed would be a pain in the ass in traffic everyday lol) on thursday, im pumped. i always wanted one, my uncle had one in 2010 (2ss aqua blue metallic) and he just traded up for the ZL1 about 10 months ago (the car is a nasty beast) ive always owned chevys my first ride was a slammed 85' c10 and i just sold my 2006 Trailblazer ss about 7-8 months ago, so im excited to be gettng back into the chevy prefromance world. what would be the first upgrade u guys think i should do? im going to allow the motor to break in for the first 4-5 thousand miles but i just want to start getting idea. thanks!

Hello bigssc,

Congratulations ! We are sure you're going to love the experience. Have fun, drive safe and "find new roads"!

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:01 AM   #6
Switchin2Chevy

 
Switchin2Chevy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2LT RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Milton, FL
Posts: 804
Welcome..! Me personally, I'd upgrade the exhaust. Fairly inexpensive mod. But that's just me. Enjoy that permagrin..!
__________________
2LT/RS Rally Yellow
1100-6/12
Canceled order on 10/06
Ordered again on 10/12
1000-10/12
3000-10/19
3300-10/28
3400-11/11
3800-11/12 VIN: 2G1FG1EV7A9166113!!
4200-11/18 Shipped by railcar ETTX853991
Picked up on 12/04!
Switchin2Chevy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:02 AM   #7
2012-1822


 
2012-1822's Avatar
 
Drives: Black ZL1
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: City of Champions, Alabama
Posts: 3,746
Welcome, congrats
__________________
Check out Alabama Camaros, for Camaro enthusiasts all around Alabama https://www.facebook.com/groups/1739...group_activity
2012-1822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:04 AM   #8
SIN R G

 
SIN R G's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 VW R32, 2011 Synergy Green 2SS
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Randolph, Wisconsin
Posts: 1,100
Welcome, What Color, What Color, What Color?
__________________
2SS L99, CAI, Kooks Stainless 1 7/8 headers, Kooks Catted Oem Connection Pipe, MBRP Exhaust, MSD LS1 Superconductor 8.5 mm Wires. NKG Copper Spark Plug Set, Full Dyno Tune. BMR G8Trailing Arms - Hammertone and BMR Rear Toe Rods, GFX, Devils Tail Side Stripes, Side Vent Stripes, Synergy Green Door Panels and SS Grill & Trunk Badges .
SIN R G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:07 AM   #9
Del's12SS
 
Del's12SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro SS/RS Convertible
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wyoming, MI
Posts: 568
Welcome.
3800 miles here....
First thing to do is the fuse pull.
Second is CAI (waiting for delivery now )
__________________
Del's12SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:44 PM   #10
Jus1dab


 
Jus1dab's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 4,461
Welcome to Camaro5!
__________________
Jus1dab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:47 PM   #11
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado
 
Overflow's Avatar
 
Drives: 7,000,000 lbs. of thrust
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 29,853
Welcome!
__________________
Overflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:53 PM   #12
PalmerGA


 
PalmerGA's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Southwest GA
Posts: 6,028
1. Run out all of the 87 octane the dealer filled it up with, then fill it with 93 and do a fuse pull.
2. Install a Range AFM Disable device
2. Install RX Catch Can
3. Install CAI intake w/ air scoop
4. Ride like the wind and be thinking about aftermarket exhaust.

Welcome to C5!
__________________
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99
CAI Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes
RX Catch Can
Husky Splash Guards
Heritage Grille
Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs
Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges
Emblem Pros Custom Retro SS Kickplates
Emblem Pros Under-hood Bowtie
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:17 PM   #13
MIDNIGHT
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS IBM
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chanhassen, MN.
Posts: 172
Welcome and Congrats.. oh yea "ENJOY"
1st two upgrades should be CAI intake and Muffler.
MIDNIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:22 PM   #14
Mindz
E.B.A.H.
 
Mindz's Avatar
 
Drives: you wild...
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Posts: 18,214
Welcome to the forums
__________________
Blue Rush, 2010 SS [Car of the Week 3/22/2010] Traded in on...ZLZBUBB, 2013 ZL1
Mindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:26 PM   #15
AutoAgenda


 
AutoAgenda's Avatar
 
Drives: 69 Camaro, 02 Escalade, 67 Eleanor
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Scottsdale AZ
Posts: 5,150
Welcome to

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
1. Run out all of the 87 octane the dealer filled it up with, then fill it with 93 and do a fuse pull.
2. Install a Range AFM Disable device
2. Install RX Catch Can
3. Install CAI intake w/ air scoop
4. Ride like the wind and be thinking about aftermarket exhaust.

Welcome to C5!
What he said.
AutoAgenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:34 PM   #16
Apex Motorsports

 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 23,201
Congrats on the new ride. delivery pictures are required.

__________________
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:43 PM   #17
xVengeancex28


 
xVengeancex28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 10,533
welcome
__________________
Click Sig For Graphix Page
xVengeancex28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:58 PM   #18
JDP Tyler

 
JDP Tyler's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 6,794
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
1. Run out all of the 87 octane the dealer filled it up with, then fill it with 93 and do a fuse pull.
2. Install a Range AFM Disable device
2. Install RX Catch Can
3. Install CAI intake w/ air scoop
4. Ride like the wind and be thinking about aftermarket exhaust.

Welcome to C5!
He is right on the spot! If you have any specific questions feel free to call, PM or email me anytime!

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
__________________

Click HERE to send me a PM | Sales@jdpmotorsports.com | www.jdpmotorsports.com | 888.308.6007
JDP Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:14 PM   #19
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things
 
Sir Nuke's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 2LT/RS,'14 Caddy CTS Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Southeast of Houston, Texas
Posts: 16,093
CONGRATS on the ride, and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wive's, husbands, girlfirends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.



oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
__________________
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:22 PM   #20
bigssc
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Black 2013 Camaro 2SS (auto L99)
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Long Island N.Y.
Posts: 611
wow thanks for the love everyone!!! and im getting it in black on black
bigssc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:24 PM   #21
bigssc
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Black 2013 Camaro 2SS (auto L99)
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Long Island N.Y.
Posts: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del's12SS View Post
Welcome.
3800 miles here....
First thing to do is the fuse pull.
Second is CAI (waiting for delivery now )
will do! i already have the intake sitting in my house but whats this "fuse pull"?
bigssc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:25 PM   #22
bigssc
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Black 2013 Camaro 2SS (auto L99)
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Long Island N.Y.
Posts: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
1. Run out all of the 87 octane the dealer filled it up with, then fill it with 93 and do a fuse pull.
2. Install a Range AFM Disable device
2. Install RX Catch Can
3. Install CAI intake w/ air scoop
4. Ride like the wind and be thinking about aftermarket exhaust.

Welcome to C5!
awesome advice! where can i get the range afm disable device? what site do u rec for all the above mods? i have the intake already waiting
bigssc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:26 PM   #23
bigssc
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Black 2013 Camaro 2SS (auto L99)
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Long Island N.Y.
Posts: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
CONGRATS on the ride, and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wive's, husbands, girlfirends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.



oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
haha thank you!!
bigssc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:27 PM   #24
bigssc
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Black 2013 Camaro 2SS (auto L99)
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Long Island N.Y.
Posts: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
What color did you pick? Not that any are ugly

Be sure you bed in those Brembos.

Then get a really big right shoe
all black
bigssc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:28 PM   #25
bigssc
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Black 2013 Camaro 2SS (auto L99)
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Long Island N.Y.
Posts: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@JDP View Post
Welcome!



He is right on the spot! If you have any specific questions feel free to call, PM or email me anytime!

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
thank u very much and i may take u up on that offer!!
bigssc is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.