Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Borla Exhausts
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Camaro 1LE Forum Camaro 1LE Package releated discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2015, 03:37 AM   #1
CrystalRedTintcoat

 
CrystalRedTintcoat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bay Area, online, & in my 1LE
Posts: 2,232
SS could get the 1LE package

http://jalopnik.com/chevrolet-ss-rep...-fo-1686348173

Personally I think calling the car the SS is a mistake. Chevrolet should have made a more aggressive and elegant looking sedan to compete with the Germans at this price.
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 03:57 AM   #2
mombo390
 
mombo390's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Red Hot Camaro SS 1LE NPP
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 31
As far as I recall the ss was only brought to the us to satisfy a deal gm made to sell a certain number of holden commodorres in the U.S. I honestly think that if GM brought some of its cars from Holden's performance division such as some of those badass utes to America they would be a strong seller. Who wouldnt buy an El camino for the 21st century?!
__________________
Sanda & Wushu Instructor, Car nut & Gun Lover!
Current Rides: '15 Camaro 1SS 1LE NPP, '91 Nissan 300ZX, '14 Jetta S (Lunchbox)
Life's Too Short To Drive Boring Cars!
mombo390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 12:44 AM   #3
Camaro Dude
and Sledge
 
Camaro Dude's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 1LE, 2SS, NPP
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Québec
Posts: 1,964
This car looks

After its bankruptcy, I predicted GM would have no choice but to swing it around, and they did. When the Camaro, and tight looking (and feeling) family automobiles like the Equinox, and especially the 2nd ten Caddy V's came out, everything was on the up and up , and I still think that it is..

But this 4 door SS watchamacallit, harks me back to pre bankruptcy days, like a bad flash-back almost, did they not learn their lesson(s)? .


Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
......
Personally I think calling the car the SS is a mistake. Chevrolet should have made a more aggressive and elegant looking sedan to compete with the Germans at this price.
Exactly!
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 12:50 AM   #4
Bizaro
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Westchester NY
Posts: 399
has anyone actually been in the ss? fantastic features in that thing!
Bizaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 07:16 AM   #5
Fraxum


 
Fraxum's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 TT IOM 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South NJ
Posts: 3,258
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
If the manual SS was around with MR, 6M, and 1LE level handling I would have bought that instead of my 1LE. Four doors is really nice to have. And they can be styled to look as good as a two door.

Styling doesn't matter that much to me or the name. But Chevy did not do this car any good with either. Most people are not like me. We can all breathe a sigh of relief about that.
__________________
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 07:41 AM   #6
davidcroft
Sellin Chevy's since '06
 
davidcroft's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 SS sedan
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,339
I bought it as a daily and ended up selling my 1LE. It is a blast to drive with the headers and people are always like wtf just flew around me. The interior is waaaaay nicer than the camaro with heated/cooled seats, leather and suede all over the dash and seats too. I'm not saying I don't miss my 1LE, but it drives/handles real similar since they're both zeta chassis cars. A 4dr LS3 zeta is a blast!

edit: In addition please don't knock GM for making more than 1 performance car. We have CTS and ATS-Vs coming out. We have SS sedans, Corvette and Camaro. If you happen to be a FORD NERD you only have the Mustang.....that would suck. 1 performance platform to chose from and everybody looks the same.
KUDOS to GM for making multiple performance car platforms!!!!
__________________
2014 SS Sedan-ARH LTs,rotofab & 510 tune. LSA blower in the works (Houston stock)
SOLD! 2013 Blue Ray1SS/1LE 1of20.
TRADED! 2012 White 1SS/RS
davidcroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 09:08 AM   #7
ST1LE

 
ST1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcroft View Post
I bought it as a daily and ended up selling my 1LE. It is a blast to drive with the headers and people are always like wtf just flew around me. The interior is waaaaay nicer than the camaro with heated/cooled seats, leather and suede all over the dash and seats too. I'm not saying I don't miss my 1LE, but it drives/handles real similar since they're both zeta chassis cars. A 4dr LS3 zeta is a blast!

edit: In addition please don't knock GM for making more than 1 performance car. We have CTS and ATS-Vs coming out. We have SS sedans, Corvette and Camaro. If you happen to be a FORD NERD you only have the Mustang.....that would suck. 1 performance platform to chose from and everybody looks the same.
KUDOS to GM for making multiple performance car platforms!!!!

Honestly, when I heard you bought one of these, I began to wonder how long the 1LE would last. I figured 1 LS3 powered vehicle would be enough, and the options we spoke about on this car when I saw you last seemed like they would win over in the end.

Glad you are so happy with it!!
__________________
Pat G Spec'd Cam, NPP with 1 7/8" Long Tube Headers with High Flow Cats, Intake w/scoop, Ported Throttle Body, and Apex 1.25" Lowering Springs.
J-Rod Built and Matt@FSP Tuned
ST1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 09:47 AM   #8
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701
 
KaBoom1701's Avatar
 
Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: I.E. SoCal (Yucaipa)
Posts: 4,165
Had the SS been around in it's current form when I bought my first 5th Gen a few years ago I may have considered it....

I think it's a great car. Must be a fun sleeper on the road.

R&T mag has a great write up right now with a comparison against the BMW 5 series.
__________________
Mods:
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Reservoir kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 5% Under drive Pulley, Dash-Logic controller, 3m Clear Bra, ZL1 Mirror inserts, GM Interior Ambient lighting, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, Carbon Fiber Bow ties front & rear, ZL1 DRL lighting harness.

KaBoom1701 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 10:00 AM   #9
markgws6

 
markgws6's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
Posts: 901
They should just make a monster supercharged version to go up against the Hellcat Charger... Making a 1LE version makes no sense to me.
__________________
2013 AGM 1SS/1LE, NPP, Camera
(1 of 43)

CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop and washer bottle, ZR1 diff fluid, Hawk Street-Race Pads, Motul RBF 600, Russell steel brake lines, skip-shift override, SRP Pedals, No trunk or hood insulation, No Spare tire inflator (at the track), NPP fuse pull, octane fuse reset
markgws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 02:38 PM   #10
1bad1le
 
1bad1le's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Lebanon, OH
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by markgws6 View Post
They should just make a monster supercharged version to go up against the Hellcat Charger... Making a 1LE version makes no sense to me.
Just needs the wheels IMO.

I traded my G8 on my 1LE. I did like the rear room for the kids much better but this was not being bought to fill the void of the family car. I have a crew cab and she has an Enclave.
__________________
2013 Camaro 1LE - SLP TVS2300, TSP 2" Headers, CAI, ADM FCM, NPP, 562hp/525lbft dyno approved
2005 Twin Turbo Silverado 2500 Duramax
1bad1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 02:47 PM   #11
toehead93


 
Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: wpb fl
Posts: 2,803
Doesn't matter what its performance numbers are, it is pretty lame compared to the competition as far as styling goes. The font is nice but the rear screams Camry, Altima, etc but wants to be side by side with BMW, Audi, etc. This was the problem with the return of the GTO, GM nailed the performance bold failed on sales due due to poor design. The G8 was a nice looking car bu there is no more Pontiac.

Just when GM starts to turn a page with design they snub themselves in the foot, this could have been a big winner.
__________________
Used Racing Brake 2 Peice Rotors for sale:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=344754

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:25 AM   #12
L99CAMA2011


 
L99CAMA2011's Avatar
 
Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Masachusetts
Posts: 2,939
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcroft View Post
I bought it as a daily and ended up selling my 1LE. It is a blast to drive with the headers and people are always like wtf just flew around me. The interior is waaaaay nicer than the camaro with heated/cooled seats, leather and suede all over the dash and seats too. I'm not saying I don't miss my 1LE, but it drives/handles real similar since they're both zeta chassis cars. A 4dr LS3 zeta is a blast!

edit: In addition please don't knock GM for making more than 1 performance car. We have CTS and ATS-Vs coming out. We have SS sedans, Corvette and Camaro. If you happen to be a FORD NERD you only have the Mustang.....that would suck. 1 performance platform to chose from and everybody looks the same.
KUDOS to GM for making multiple performance car platforms!!!!
Ummmmm excuse me, only the Mustang.
Attached Images
 
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:38 AM   #13
Q'smuscle
life with muscle
 
Q'smuscle's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Riverside,ca
Posts: 4,740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
This car looks

After its bankruptcy, I predicted GM would have no choice but to swing it around, and they did. When the Camaro, and tight looking (and feeling) family automobiles like the Equinox, and especially the 2nd ten Caddy V's came out, everything was on the up and up , and I still think that it is..

But this 4 door SS watchamacallit, harks me back to pre bankruptcy days, like a bad flash-back almost, did they not learn their lesson(s)? .


Exactly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by toehead93 View Post
Doesn't matter what its performance numbers are, it is pretty lame compared to the competition as far as styling goes. The font is nice but the rear screams Camry, Altima, etc but wants to be side by side with BMW, Audi, etc. This was the problem with the return of the GTO, GM nailed the performance bold failed on sales due due to poor design. The G8 was a nice looking car bu there is no more Pontiac.

Just when GM starts to turn a page with design they snub themselves in the foot, this could have been a big winner.
100 percent agree! The Charger is killing it and I don't really care for the charger style besides the 2006 to 2010 design! I love those! And the Chrysler 300 puts the Chevy SS to shame!
__________________
Chevy's nothing Else matters
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:31 PM   #14
wakespeak
 
Drives: 2013 2SS LS3/NPP
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 720
The 1LE option would have been a great idea, but I would call it the Club Sport. To me the current SS is too much of a sleeper for Chevy and SS just reminds people of the bad old days. You gotta give people a very compelling reason to shake themselves out of the pickup truck or European buy it for the label mentality.

The Chevy Club Sport fits with the track orientation of the Z/28 and Corvette. The HSV Holden aero and wheels/tires with some home market tweaking would be about right.
__________________
NPP, 1LE front (27mm)/rear (28mm) stabilizer bars, ZL1/1LE rear toe Links, ZL1/1LE shifter, Apex catch can, 1LE oil separator, Goodridge stainless steel brake lines,1LE strut tower brace
wakespeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:36 PM   #15
snarky
you can't say that
 
snarky's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '14 Accord Sport
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: where folks drive like shit
Posts: 190
someone somewhere bought the three GM managed to sell. the SS looks much better in person than pics. the stick available for '15 helps. but for me I couldn't get past the fact that it had little visual wow factor for almost 50 grand. as I told my salesman " it looks like a Malibu with a corvette motor " he didn't agree and I didn't buy one either.
__________________

parked on memory lane: 71 Corvette LT-1, 80 Buick Regal Turbo, 82 Corvette, 82 Camaro Z/28, 82 Cadillac Coupe DeVille, 84 Mercedes 190E, 85 Toyota Tacoma, 85 Fiero, 86 Fiero GT, 89 5.0 Mustang vert, 92 Jeep Wrangler, 98 Jeep Wrangler, 98 Saturn SL2, 99 Chevy Suburban, 2001 custom Chevy Silverado, three Yamahas
snarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:33 PM   #16
sengli
 
sengli's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE and corvette C6Z06
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: northern Indiana
Posts: 114
SS is set to be discontinued

Saw an article that GM only sold like 2100 of the SS cars last year. So this is the last year for the SS. Plus GM is shutting down the whole holden division in Australia as well. I had an 2005 GTO, and a 2009 G8 GT. They both drove great. I just felt when they went by the wayside, that it might be hard to continue to get parts if needed.
__________________
2014 2SS RS NPP 1LE Recaro..YELLOW OF COURSE!
sengli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:22 PM   #17
Q'smuscle
life with muscle
 
Q'smuscle's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Riverside,ca
Posts: 4,740
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarky View Post
someone somewhere bought the three GM managed to sell. the SS looks much better in person than pics. the stick available for '15 helps. but for me I couldn't get past the fact that it had little visual wow factor for almost 50 grand. as I told my salesman " it looks like a Malibu with a corvette motor " he didn't agree and I didn't buy one either.
I think the current Malibu looks way better than and would sell more if it had a V8 option!
__________________
Chevy's nothing Else matters
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:53 PM   #18
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9
 
PYROLYSIS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Summerv1LE SC
Posts: 4,817
The styling isn't the greatest but I get it. It's a sleeper. It does look pretty cool in person with a great interior. If I just had to have 4 doors I wouldn't have a problem owning one. If you could get a 1LE manual version with magnetic ride for around $45k that would be an unbeatable daily driver.
__________________
BRING BACK THE B4C POLICE CAMARO!
2002 V-6 5 speed rally red (current camaro) Also driven:1992 Z-28 305 auto Red w/ black stripes (anniversary), 2001 V-6 auto light pewter metallic,1991 RS V-6 auto Black
PYROLYSIS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.