Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Borla Exhausts
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Camaro 1LE Forum Camaro 1LE Package releated discussions

Old 02-18-2015, 03:37 AM   #1
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
SS could get the 1LE package

http://jalopnik.com/chevrolet-ss-rep...-fo-1686348173

Personally I think calling the car the SS is a mistake. Chevrolet should have made a more aggressive and elegant looking sedan to compete with the Germans at this price.
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 03:57 AM   #2
mombo390

Drives: 2015 Red Hot Camaro SS 1LE NPP
As far as I recall the ss was only brought to the us to satisfy a deal gm made to sell a certain number of holden commodorres in the U.S. I honestly think that if GM brought some of its cars from Holden's performance division such as some of those badass utes to America they would be a strong seller. Who wouldnt buy an El camino for the 21st century?!
mombo390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 12:44 AM   #3
Camaro Dude
and Sledge

Drives: '13 1LE, 2SS, NPP
This car looks

After its bankruptcy, I predicted GM would have no choice but to swing it around, and they did. When the Camaro, and tight looking (and feeling) family automobiles like the Equinox, and especially the 2nd ten Caddy V's came out, everything was on the up and up , and I still think that it is..

But this 4 door SS watchamacallit, harks me back to pre bankruptcy days, like a bad flash-back almost, did they not learn their lesson(s)? .

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
Personally I think calling the car the SS is a mistake. Chevrolet should have made a more aggressive and elegant looking sedan to compete with the Germans at this price.
Exactly!
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 12:50 AM   #4
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
has anyone actually been in the ss? fantastic features in that thing!
Bizaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 07:16 AM   #5
Fraxum

Drives: 2013 TT IOM 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
If the manual SS was around with MR, 6M, and 1LE level handling I would have bought that instead of my 1LE. Four doors is really nice to have. And they can be styled to look as good as a two door.

Styling doesn't matter that much to me or the name. But Chevy did not do this car any good with either. Most people are not like me. We can all breathe a sigh of relief about that.
Old 02-20-2015, 07:41 AM   #6
davidcroft
Sellin Chevy's since '06

Drives: 2014 SS sedan
I bought it as a daily and ended up selling my 1LE. It is a blast to drive with the headers and people are always like wtf just flew around me. The interior is waaaaay nicer than the camaro with heated/cooled seats, leather and suede all over the dash and seats too. I'm not saying I don't miss my 1LE, but it drives/handles real similar since they're both zeta chassis cars. A 4dr LS3 zeta is a blast!

edit: In addition please don't knock GM for making more than 1 performance car. We have CTS and ATS-Vs coming out. We have SS sedans, Corvette and Camaro. If you happen to be a FORD NERD you only have the Mustang.....that would suck. 1 performance platform to chose from and everybody looks the same.
KUDOS to GM for making multiple performance car platforms!!!!
davidcroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 09:08 AM   #7
ST1LE

Drives: 2013 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcroft View Post
I bought it as a daily and ended up selling my 1LE. It is a blast to drive with the headers and people are always like wtf just flew around me. The interior is waaaaay nicer than the camaro with heated/cooled seats, leather and suede all over the dash and seats too. I'm not saying I don't miss my 1LE, but it drives/handles real similar since they're both zeta chassis cars. A 4dr LS3 zeta is a blast!

edit: In addition please don't knock GM for making more than 1 performance car. We have CTS and ATS-Vs coming out. We have SS sedans, Corvette and Camaro. If you happen to be a FORD NERD you only have the Mustang.....that would suck. 1 performance platform to chose from and everybody looks the same.

Honestly, when I heard you bought one of these, I began to wonder how long the 1LE would last. I figured 1 LS3 powered vehicle would be enough, and the options we spoke about on this car when I saw you last seemed like they would win over in the end.

Glad you are so happy with it!!
Old 02-20-2015, 09:47 AM   #8
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Had the SS been around in it's current form when I bought my first 5th Gen a few years ago I may have considered it....

I think it's a great car. Must be a fun sleeper on the road.

R&T mag has a great write up right now with a comparison against the BMW 5 series.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Reservoir kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 5% Under drive Pulley, Dash-Logic controller, 3m Clear Bra, ZL1 Mirror inserts, GM Interior Ambient lighting, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, Carbon Fiber Bow ties front & rear, ZL1 DRL lighting harness.

KaBoom1701 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 10:00 AM   #9
markgws6

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS/1LE
They should just make a monster supercharged version to go up against the Hellcat Charger... Making a 1LE version makes no sense to me.

CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop and washer bottle, ZR1 diff fluid, Hawk Street-Race Pads, Motul RBF 600, Russell steel brake lines, skip-shift override, SRP Pedals, No trunk or hood insulation, No Spare tire inflator (at the track), NPP fuse pull, octane fuse reset
markgws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 02:38 PM   #10
1bad1le

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by markgws6 View Post
They should just make a monster supercharged version to go up against the Hellcat Charger... Making a 1LE version makes no sense to me.
Just needs the wheels IMO.

I traded my G8 on my 1LE. I did like the rear room for the kids much better but this was not being bought to fill the void of the family car. I have a crew cab and she has an Enclave.
Old 02-23-2015, 02:47 PM   #11
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
Doesn't matter what its performance numbers are, it is pretty lame compared to the competition as far as styling goes. The font is nice but the rear screams Camry, Altima, etc but wants to be side by side with BMW, Audi, etc. This was the problem with the return of the GTO, GM nailed the performance bold failed on sales due due to poor design. The G8 was a nice looking car bu there is no more Pontiac.

Just when GM starts to turn a page with design they snub themselves in the foot, this could have been a big winner.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:25 AM   #12
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcroft View Post

Ummmmm excuse me, only the Mustang.
Attached Images

L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:38 AM   #13
Q'smuscle
life with muscle

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
This car looks

After its bankruptcy, I predicted GM would have no choice but to swing it around, and they did. When the Camaro, and tight looking (and feeling) family automobiles like the Equinox, and especially the 2nd ten Caddy V's came out, everything was on the up and up , and I still think that it is..

But this 4 door SS watchamacallit, harks me back to pre bankruptcy days, like a bad flash-back almost, did they not learn their lesson(s)? .

Exactly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by toehead93 View Post
Doesn't matter what its performance numbers are, it is pretty lame compared to the competition as far as styling goes. The font is nice but the rear screams Camry, Altima, etc but wants to be side by side with BMW, Audi, etc. This was the problem with the return of the GTO, GM nailed the performance bold failed on sales due due to poor design. The G8 was a nice looking car bu there is no more Pontiac.

Just when GM starts to turn a page with design they snub themselves in the foot, this could have been a big winner.
100 percent agree! The Charger is killing it and I don't really care for the charger style besides the 2006 to 2010 design! I love those! And the Chrysler 300 puts the Chevy SS to shame!
Old Yesterday, 01:31 PM   #14
wakespeak

Drives: 2013 2SS LS3/NPP
The 1LE option would have been a great idea, but I would call it the Club Sport. To me the current SS is too much of a sleeper for Chevy and SS just reminds people of the bad old days. You gotta give people a very compelling reason to shake themselves out of the pickup truck or European buy it for the label mentality.

The Chevy Club Sport fits with the track orientation of the Z/28 and Corvette. The HSV Holden aero and wheels/tires with some home market tweaking would be about right.
Old Yesterday, 01:36 PM   #15
snarky
you can't say that

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '14 Accord Sport
someone somewhere bought the three GM managed to sell. the SS looks much better in person than pics. the stick available for '15 helps. but for me I couldn't get past the fact that it had little visual wow factor for almost 50 grand. as I told my salesman " it looks like a Malibu with a corvette motor " he didn't agree and I didn't buy one either.

parked on memory lane: 71 Corvette LT-1, 80 Buick Regal Turbo, 82 Corvette, 82 Camaro Z/28, 82 Cadillac Coupe DeVille, 84 Mercedes 190E, 85 Toyota Tacoma, 85 Fiero, 86 Fiero GT, 89 5.0 Mustang vert, 92 Jeep Wrangler, 98 Jeep Wrangler, 98 Saturn SL2, 99 Chevy Suburban, 2001 custom Chevy Silverado, three Yamahas
snarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:33 PM   #16
sengli

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE and corvette C6Z06
SS is set to be discontinued

Saw an article that GM only sold like 2100 of the SS cars last year. So this is the last year for the SS. Plus GM is shutting down the whole holden division in Australia as well. I had an 2005 GTO, and a 2009 G8 GT. They both drove great. I just felt when they went by the wayside, that it might be hard to continue to get parts if needed.
Old Yesterday, 07:22 PM   #17
Q'smuscle
life with muscle

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarky View Post
someone somewhere bought the three GM managed to sell. the SS looks much better in person than pics. the stick available for '15 helps. but for me I couldn't get past the fact that it had little visual wow factor for almost 50 grand. as I told my salesman " it looks like a Malibu with a corvette motor " he didn't agree and I didn't buy one either.
I think the current Malibu looks way better than and would sell more if it had a V8 option!
Old Yesterday, 08:53 PM   #18
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
The styling isn't the greatest but I get it. It's a sleeper. It does look pretty cool in person with a great interior. If I just had to have 4 doors I wouldn't have a problem owning one. If you could get a 1LE manual version with magnetic ride for around $45k that would be an unbeatable daily driver.