Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 07-23-2017, 03:44 PM   #1
Daspence

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE RS
2014 1LE Supercharger question

So I have been looking to throw a supercharger on my '14 2SS RS 1LE for quite a while now. I have heard you can drop one in without changing much of anything. Is this true? I have looked at several brands and really am looking for the best bang for the buck. That being said, what do you guys think I should look at? It is my daily driver and I track it sometimes.
Daspence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 03:46 PM   #2
appleman22

Drives: 14' 2ss/rs 1le
do a search, this has been covered an insane amount of times.
appleman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 05:10 PM   #3
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1SS/1LE
I'm in the same boat. Search the forced induction forum, and you'll find a good amount of threads on the subject. I also searched generally online, and found a few good sources of info. Bottom line, there are numerous options as far as SC's go specifically, but don't necessarily rule out turbo/turbos. From what I've read, installing a PD or Centi could easily be done by a decent shadetree with proper tools, and if you're gonna run less than 7-8 pounds of boost, you should be fine with what a standard kit from Whipple, ECS, Maggie, etc. include. Those of us with 1LE's have the benefit of having the ZL1 fuel pumps installed, which seem to be solid up to 600+whp with a BAP.

Search, my friend, and you shall find. Budget at least $8000 initially, and I'd figure at least another $2K after that, just for the initial build.
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

Roto-Fad CAI, Kooks LTH/HFC's, Phastek CC, ported TB, BC Racing ER Series CO's, R1 Concepts Premier slotted rotors/Goodrich SS lines, VTC, MGW flatstick, Brey-Krause HB, DynoSteve tune.
Olddudesrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 05:15 PM   #4
jrhagen

Drives: Camaro
A newbie telling a newbie to use search. Lol.

In answer to your question, yes and no. It all depends on your goals. There are bolt on kits that will give you a nice little bump in power and there is stuff available that will put you in the back seat. Are you doing it yourself or a shop? What are your expectations? You need to figure out what you want before anybody can provide advice.

That being said, I would look into the kits available from ADM and either do it yourself with his full instructions or bring your car to his shop and have him do it.
LSX B-8, LSA supercharger, Lingenfelter GT9 cam, Ron Davis heat exchanger, 650 lift springs, 1 7/8 headers, NPP exhaust, Roto-fab reservoir, Dedicated Motorsports reenforced brick, 160 t-stat, ADM intake & FPCM, 2.55 upper & 9.5 lower pulley, Alky Control meth kit, RPM Stage 5 4L80e, B&M Stealth Pro Ratchet Shifter, ZL1 converter, DSS single piece driveshaft, ZL1 rear cradle, sway bar, 3.73 diff and axles, Mighty Mouse catch can, Hurst Line Lock, BC Racing Type BR coilovers, BMR adjustable LCAs and triple adjustable end links, Weld wheels with M&H skinnies and MT DRs, 740 rwhp, 730 tq.
jrhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 07:50 PM   #5
1LEric

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LE
Most cost effective and reliable option is the ADM LSA conversion hands down I did it and I love it
1LEric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 08:29 PM   #6
rgrmoreira13

Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE
There are procharger options as well
LSA is a popular choice. However you need to make sure that the supercharger is well cooled because if not it will heat soak.

Previous Cars
2013 Camaro 1LS 3.6L V6 - Traded
1995 Toyota Pickup 2.4L I4- Sold
1985 Mazda Rx-7 1.8L (Red) - Total Loss
1985 Mazda Rx-7 Turbo 1.8L Rotary ( White)- Sold
1996 Honda Accord 2.7L V6 - Wrecked
1998 Dodge Intrepid POS Engine- Lemon
rgrmoreira13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 09:08 PM   #7
Camaro Dude
and Sledge

Drives: '13 1LE, 2SS, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daspence View Post
So I have been looking to throw a supercharger on my '14 2SS RS 1LE for quite a while now. I have heard you can drop one in without changing much of anything. Is this true? I have looked at several brands and really am looking for the best bang for the buck. That being said, what do you guys think I should look at? It is my daily driver and I track it sometimes.
So you road race.

Ideally, 560-580rwhp is what you want max on your stock Gen5 1LE suspension tire/suspension setup for road course. Of course, Im not talkin 1/4 mile, street, this is a 1LE afterall ; )

If you haven't done mods like headers, cai, cam, etc yet, save all of that cash, and go with an AGP kit, with a spring and controller to dial back PSI down to a bare minimum (5.5psi-6..), and boost it back up once you hit street, 1/4 mile etc. This is your Bang For The Buck period. Actually, there is an AGP kit 3 months old selling in the classifieds for 6 geez as we speak.....

Oh yeah, and fit the largest intercooler AGP can fit with their TT kit, even if it means saving up the extra coin to order one. Tuning tuning tuning, intercooling intercooling intercooing, efficiency efficiency effeciency i will not say it more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEric View Post
Most cost effective and reliable option is the ADM LSA conversion hands down I did it and I love it
For the road course??????

Ok, The most cost effective PD blower, then yes I'll agreee with you. But once his driving skills pick up, and drives his riide deeper into, and harder out of turns into the straights, and double digit lap counts, the Bang For The Buck magic all goes flying out of the window, as he will begin to budget for them costly $$$$ (but effective) "super chiller Watchumacallits" to fight power robbing IAT'zzz.

Best Bang For The Buck Centri, would IMHO be ECS, and for road racing reliability, I would ditch that kit's default intercooler, and spend the extra coin, and again, ask AGP to sell you their LARGEST intercooler, that will fit nicely with a base ECS Novi kit. I totally believe, that you will be $$$$ ahead in a Proactive fashion, with this type power adder setup, in a road race application.

But I'm sure you already knew, Road Racing and Power Adders do not mix if you are after optimal.

A well thought out 600wheel NA setup would be optimal for the 1LE.

*PS
Kraftwerks with their Rotrex kits, are supposed to introduce (finally), a larger head unit, than what they offer now. IF they think this one through carefully, being one who likes to root for the underdog, i predict the potential for a new King to be crowned, Best Bang For The Buck .

Rotrex are a thumbs up proposition for tackling heat and iat on a road coarse.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 10:47 PM   #8
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 L99 LSA SC Z/LE
I've done the LSA kit and I road race. My LONG build thread will show you what I did. LOTS of cooling mods and other things, plus I run e85 now...

Bottom line, it's a lot of work and some $. Nothing cheap about it...

You're ahead as you have a 1LE. Road racing -- you may want to consider staying NA and doing heads, cam, and cooling updates...

-Don
hammdo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 09:03 AM   #9
jeff657756

Drives: 2014 SS 1LE
Like mentioned above, if you dont have any bolt ons already, just go AGP.