Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Flowmaster Exhaust
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Camaro 1LE Forum Camaro 1LE Package releated discussions

Old 11-24-2014, 03:40 AM   #1
Miggy

Drives: 2015 RRM 1LE
1LE clutch question and dealer recommendation

So I've decided I'm going to sell my STi and grow up a little and buy a 2015 1LE but the other day when I took one for a test drive at my local Chevy dealer I was surprised by how soft the clutch felt. Is this normal? If so, can it be tighten up at all if one chooses? I'm comparing the clutch in my STi (which has pretty much the same amount of resistance from top to bottom, which I like), to the 1LE which seemed soft up until the point of engagement and then soft again. I understand that I'm comparing 2 very different types of cars and It's a subjective question but I was hoping for some helpful insight from current 1LE owners.

Also, for those of you in the SoCal area, since I'm going to order the car, I'm looking for a solid recommendation to a local dealer to place my order. I'm looking for a reputable dealer that's not only going to give me a good deal on the car but one that also has honest service techs and top notch mechanics to maintain the car going forward. I know, my chances of winning the lottery might be better. Feel free to PM regarding the dealer or post on this thread.

Thanks in advance for the replies.
Miggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 03:48 AM   #2
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Whatever you do, do not use Paradise Chevrolet in Temecula.
Old 11-24-2014, 05:55 AM   #3
gmorcos37

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1LE
Came from a 2011 WRX and noticed the same thing, the clutch feel you are talking about is pretty normal. You'll eventually get used to it, no big deal.
gmorcos37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 09:52 AM   #4
shippingguy

Drives: (On Order)2014 Camaro 1SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMSC View Post
Whatever you do, do not use Paradise Chevrolet in Temecula.

Lol....why do you say that? I have been using them for Service for 11 years now and have never had one issue. I currently have three vehicles they have serviced. I know Curtis Brown was my Service Writer, but now promoted to Service Manager and Joe McCusky is the Service Director and they are always on top of things. You should go in and talk with one of them about issues you have had. OP where are you located in SoCal? For purchasing I have a great hookup at Selman in Orange. PM me if interested.
Old 11-24-2014, 05:55 PM   #5
Scags20142SS/1LE

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE AGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
So I've decided I'm going to sell my STi and grow up a little and buy a 2015 1LE but the other day when I took one for a test drive at my local Chevy dealer I was surprised by how soft the clutch felt. Is this normal? If so, can it be tighten up at all if one chooses? I'm comparing the clutch in my STi (which has pretty much the same amount of resistance from top to bottom, which I like), to the 1LE which seemed soft up until the point of engagement and then soft again. I understand that I'm comparing 2 very different types of cars and It's a subjective question but I was hoping for some helpful insight from current 1LE owners.

Also, for those of you in the SoCal area, since I'm going to order the car, I'm looking for a solid recommendation to a local dealer to place my order. I'm looking for a reputable dealer that's not only going to give me a good deal on the car but one that also has honest service techs and top notch mechanics to maintain the car going forward. I know, my chances of winning the lottery might be better. Feel free to PM regarding the dealer or post on this thread.

Thanks in advance for the replies.
I ordered mine from Quality Chevrolet in Escondido. Talk to Lori, she hooked me up.
Scags20142SS/1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 07:32 PM   #6
14_1LE

Drives: 2014 SS Camaro
I'll second Quality Chevrolet, they have been the best dealer I have dealt with in SoCal. The next dealer I would recommend purchasing from would be Moss Bros. those 2 dealers gave me the best price in the area and didn't try to pull any fast moves or say they're losing money like all others seem to do around here. Good luck.
14_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 09:27 PM   #7
Punisher80

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS 1LE
3 for quality Chevrolet in Escondido
Punisher80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 01:12 AM   #8
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by shippingguy View Post
Lol....why do you say that? I have been using them for Service for 11 years now and have never had one issue. I currently have three vehicles they have serviced. I know Curtis Brown was my Service Writer, but now promoted to Service Manager and Joe McCusky is the Service Director and they are always on top of things. You should go in and talk with one of them about issues you have had. OP where are you located in SoCal? For purchasing I have a great hookup at Selman in Orange. PM me if interested.
They sold me a 2010 2SS Camaro as brand new......it had 10k in damage and never disclosed the damage to me. I forced them to buy it back. I will never use them again for anything after the way they tried to screw me over and the way they treated me.
Old 11-25-2014, 01:16 AM   #9
BigBlock69RS
Ed

Drives: 2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Camino Real Chevrolet, great sales and their service department is very mod friendly.
Old 11-25-2014, 12:36 PM   #10
shippingguy

Drives: (On Order)2014 Camaro 1SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMSC View Post
They sold me a 2010 2SS Camaro as brand new......it had 10k in damage and never disclosed the damage to me. I forced them to buy it back. I will never use them again for anything after the way they tried to screw me over and the way they treated me.

Got it....I don't buy my cars there although I know many people that do, but they deal direct with the owner (Terry Gilmore). As for service I have not seen a better dealership for that in the area.
Old 11-26-2014, 02:05 AM   #11
raoxingpa

Drives: ford
Camino Real Chevrolet, great sales and their service department is very mod friendly.
raoxingpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 10:39 AM   #12
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Back to the OPs question ... Can a spring be added to the clutch or is it just a matter of adjusting?

-CRT

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 10:57 AM   #13
wally mayfield

Drives: 2013 2SS 6M
I bought mine in Pahrump Nevada, got a heck of a deal.
Old 11-26-2014, 11:52 AM   #14
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Live in Georgia so I can not help you with the dealer selection, but I can say that I came from a WS6 which i had drove for about 10 years, and it took me a while to get used to this clutch. I have had the car now for about 1 1/2 years, 23.5K miles, and I love the clutch. I am confident you will get used to it.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 02:29 AM   #15
Miggy

Drives: 2015 RRM 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
Back to the OPs question ... Can a spring be added to the clutch or is it just a matter of adjusting?

-CRT

Thanks to everyone that replied with dealer recommendations but re-read what CRT wrote. I'm sure I could get used to it as is but I wanted to know if anyone here did something to tighten up the clutch in their 1LE?

Next time I have more than one question I'll separate them.
Miggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 03:23 AM   #16
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

As far as I know the only thing to make the clutch different is replacing it or getting a spring added to the clutch pedal to make it harder.
Old 11-27-2014, 10:13 AM   #17
wally mayfield

Not to change the subject but my original clutch sucks, right from the git go…its real easy to slip it..
Old 11-27-2014, 01:56 PM   #18
Fraxum

Drives: 2013 TT IOM 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally mayfield View Post
Not to change the subject but my original clutch sucks, right from the git go…its real easy to slip it..
+1
  1. Install the seperate clutch reservoir. Change out the fluid in the reservoir often.
  2. Buy and install an aftermarket clutch
  3. During the install add a new slave cyl, the Tick clutch line, and Tick bleeder

Problem solved. Otherwise live with the standard clutch behavior and the clutch pedal ocassionally and later often sticking to the floor or not engaging at all.
Old 11-27-2014, 02:41 PM   #19
wally mayfield

separate clutch res.?? got a link?
Old 11-27-2014, 03:01 PM   #20
Bad@ssCamaro
Rogers' Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally mayfield View Post
separate clutch res.?? got a link?
https://www.google.com/search?q=5th+...oe=&gws_rd=ssl
1976 LT Black/White 305 V8 (Bone Stock) except for Cragar chrome rims (yep - #2)
1985 Z-28 Black/Black 305 L69 M5(Bone Stock) I know: slow

Current Camaro:
2015 CRT 1SS/1LE RS/Recaro's/NPP/Nav/Rear vision pkg./BA speaker upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
CAFE STANDARDS! Get used to them or vote our electeds in Washington out of office...........
Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 05:22 PM   #21
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
+1
  1. Install the seperate clutch reservoir. Change out the fluid in the reservoir often.
  2. Buy and install an aftermarket clutch
  3. During the install add a new slave cyl, the Tick clutch line, and Tick bleeder

Problem solved. Otherwise live with the standard clutch behavior and the clutch pedal ocassionally and later often sticking to the floor or not engaging at all.

4. Buy the metal bearing support for your slave cylinder - Seems the salve cylinder has a weak point that can cause the bearing and slave to go south: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=383607

-CRT

CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 01:17 PM   #22
MCSS

Drives: CHEVROLET
Come on over to Simi Valley Chevrolet. I work in the parts department and I'll give you a Camaro5 discount!
MCSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 01:23 PM   #23
yotaman96

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2000 Trans Am WS6
I'm sure you'd get used to it very quickly. Otherwise, maybe add a return spring. That would probably make it feel a little different.

http://www.lingenfelter.com/mm5/merc...gory_Code=C366
2010 Dodge Ram Crew Cab Sport 4x4
yotaman96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 12:15 PM   #24
GR8WHITE1

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSS View Post
Come on over to Simi Valley Chevrolet. I work in the parts department and I'll give you a Camaro5 discount!
That's where I bought my 1LE from.
GR8WHITE1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 11:40 PM   #25
mariodbike

Drives: 2013 chevy camaro 1LE
go to mountain view Chevrolet
mariodbike is offline   Reply With Quote