Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vitesse Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 06-15-2016, 01:49 PM   #1
Mrbowtie26

Drives: 2015 CRT 1SS 1LE
Pfadt 1.25"lowering springs didn't work as expected

Recently installed Pfadt 1.25" lowering springs on my 2015 1LE and didn't get the results I was hoping for. The front seemed to drop about 3/4" and rear seemed to drop only about 1/2-5/8" and this is after I made sure the bushings were all timed. I have not brought it in for an alignment yet as I was hoping the springs would settle after a few days but I'm not sure how much I want to drive it without the alignment. Any ideas or experience that it may take some miles to settle ? I was under the impression that there shouldn't be much settling with a good quality spring.
Thanks

p.s not sure if the alignment would make the car a bit lower or not depending where the current alignment is. I did mark the struts and all of the bolts and put back to factory locations while doing the job
Mrbowtie26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 02:17 PM   #2
Shawno72
Burnin' corn

Drives: 2015 Black 2LT RS M6
At first my didn't come out as low as advertised but after the alignment and a few weeks she settled down to within 1/16" of the 1.25" expected drop. Plus they ride really well.
Overkill tune/E85/80mm•CAI cold air intake w/my custom maf tube•Apex air scoop•JacFab ported intake/Extendolater•Vitesse•EE EX2 catch can•Innovate wideband•ARH HFC's•NPP exhaust•11386 xpipe•Brembos/cross drilled/slotted rotors•SS M/C•Pfadt 1.25 springs•1LE struts/sways/strut tower brace•BMR diff bush, trail arms/bush, adj toe links•My custom Tunnel brace•Hurst short throw shifter•JDP stage 1 clutch res•1LE steering wheel, shift boot•ZL1 rear diffuser/splash guards•GM splitter•Z/28 grille/flowtie/spoiler/wheels•GM performance pedals•"Chevrolet" door sills•10" Kicker sub•BigWorm overlays
Shawno72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 02:20 PM   #3
JusticePete
5th Gen Master Builder

Drives: Camaro Justice
If you did time the bushings, there shouldn't be much settling. We routinely time bushings and align after. Get her aligned, be sure you get a before and after print out. If they will let you, check the ride heights on the rack, before and after.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 03:16 PM   #4
Mrbowtie26

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
If you did time the bushings, there shouldn't be much settling. We routinely time bushings and align after. Get her aligned, be sure you get a before and after print out. If they will let you, check the ride heights on the rack, before and after.
Do you think it's worth it to wait a week or so encase it does settle a little or no ?
Thanks for the info I appreciate it.
Old 06-15-2016, 03:19 PM   #5
JusticePete
5th Gen Master Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbowtie26 View Post
Do you think it's worth it to wait a week or so encase it does settle a little or no ?
Thanks for the info I appreciate it.
no sir, get her aligned
Old 06-15-2016, 03:48 PM   #6
Mrbowtie26

Quote:
no sir, get her aligned
I'm still debating how I want it aligned being I don't track the car. Possibility I will one day but there's more chance I'll go to the dragstrip than a road course currently.
I was thinking of maybe -1.5 front camber with 0 total toe, and -0.20 rear camber with 0.20 total rear toe. I currently have bmr toe links and trailing arms (non adjustable) along with rear subframe bushings and rear differential relocation bushings in. Any opinions if that would be fine for a street setup that will see some 1/4 mile time ? I'm not too worried about wearing the tires but more so for rear traction in a straight line (I know 0 camber would be better for that but I figured it may be better to have a little negative camber in the rear being the car is my dd in the summer)
Old 06-15-2016, 09:04 PM   #7
MBaseman

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Recently installed Pfadt 1.25" lowering springs on my 2015 1LE and didn't get the results I was hoping for. The front seemed to drop about 3/4" and rear seemed to drop only about 1/2-5/8" and this is after I made sure the bushings were all timed. I have not brought it in for an alignment yet as I was hoping the springs would settle after a few days but I'm not sure how much I want to drive it without the alignment. Any ideas or experience that it may take some miles to settle ? I was under the impression that there shouldn't be much settling with a good quality spring.
Thanks

p.s not sure if the alignment would make the car a bit lower or not depending where the current alignment is. I did mark the struts and all of the bolts and put back to factory locations while doing the job
Very sorry to hear this. I hope the alignment and a little more time yields the results you were hoping for. Keep us posted please. Very interested to see how this turns out.
MBaseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 10:32 PM   #8
Mrbowtie26

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBaseman View Post
Very sorry to hear this. I hope the alignment and a little more time yields the results you were hoping for. Keep us posted please. Very interested to see how this turns out.
It does seem to have settled a bit the last couple of days. Ive taken a couple of short drives to work (8 miles each way) that seemed to have helped a bit. Still not quite down 1.25 but probably an inch. I'll keep you updated. Just deciding on alignment specs at the moment.
Old 06-16-2016, 12:53 AM   #9
CreeperRS

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
It does seem to have settled a bit the last couple of days. Ive taken a couple of short drives to work (8 miles each way) that seemed to have helped a bit. Still not quite down 1.25 but probably an inch. I'll keep you updated. Just deciding on alignment specs at the moment.
If I remembered correctly Pfadt recommends an alignment to make the best out of your upgrade, other wise you get all kinds of weird shit on your suspension geometry.
Old 06-16-2016, 08:32 AM   #10
JusticePete
5th Gen Master Builder

Quote:
I'm still debating how I want it aligned being I don't track the car. Possibility I will one day but there's more chance I'll go to the dragstrip than a road course currently.
I was thinking of maybe -1.5 front camber with 0 total toe, and -0.20 rear camber with 0.20 total rear toe. I currently have bmr toe links and trailing arms (non adjustable) along with rear subframe bushings and rear differential relocation bushings in. Any opinions if that would be fine for a street setup that will see some 1/4 mile time ? I'm not too worried about wearing the tires but more so for rear traction in a straight line (I know 0 camber would be better for that but I figured it may be better to have a little negative camber in the rear being the car is my dd in the summer)
-1.5 front will wear the inside shoulders of your tires. It will turn well, but wear the tires. -1.25 would be easier on the tires an almost as good. In the rear, -0.50 will work well for hard launches and loosen the rear up a bit to lessen the understeer.
Old 06-16-2016, 09:31 AM   #11
Mrbowtie26

Quote:
-1.5 front will wear the inside shoulders of your tires. It will turn well, but wear the tires. -1.25 would be easier on the tires an almost as good. In the rear, -0.50 will work well for hard launches and loosen the rear up a bit to lessen the understeer.
Thanks, I appreciate the input
Old 06-16-2016, 11:40 PM   #12
hawk02
Convertible Three-peat

Drives: 2013 Victory Red ZL1 Convertible
Post #4 in this thread has the Pfadt recommended alignment specs based on how you use your car. I had my dealer do the street performance alignment.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209730
Old 06-20-2016, 02:14 PM   #13
Mrbowtie26

So final input is there's no way the car dropped 1.25" Maybe at most 1" but that's even pushing it. Debating what to do now as I could deal with it but I want another 1/2" lower..... I got the alignment done btw. Suprisingly the before camber was pretty good mainly the toe in front and back was off. Ill post a pic of the current alignment they peft it at. Its not perfect but its better than it was
Old 06-20-2016, 02:19 PM   #14
Mrbowtie26

Current alignment specs

Heres a current pic of the current alignment.
Attached Images