Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 05-25-2016, 08:42 AM   #1
Mrbowtie26

Drives: 2015 CRT 1SS 1LE
Slight brake upgrade

I just ordered granetelli rotors part #500060 for my camaro and was wondering what brake pads to chose. I plan on doing some hard street driving and theres a slight chance I may take it to a road coarse. My concerns are getting a pad with a bit more bite than the stock pads along with improved fade resistance and a bit less brake dust if possible. Open to suggestions.
Thanks
Mrbowtie26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 11:07 AM   #2
markgws6

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS/1LE
I think these would be fine on the street, even if you drive aggressively. If you want to step up from there on the street, I have the Hawk HPS 5.0 pads and they work great with increased stopping in the cold and very minimal dusting.

CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop and washer bottle, Hypertech 91 tune, ZR1 diff fluid, Motul RBF-600, Russell SS brake lines, SLP skip-shift override, SRP Pedals, Forza 3 way exhaust controller, octane fuse reset
markgws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 11:14 AM   #3
markgws6

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Note: If you plan to do any extended road course driving, you will need to get a better combo of track pad and rotor, especially on the fronts. You will also need some brake ducts. See some of the recent posts on this.

CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop and washer bottle, Hypertech 91 tune, ZR1 diff fluid, Motul RBF-600, Russell SS brake lines, SLP skip-shift override, SRP Pedals, Forza 3 way exhaust controller, octane fuse reset
markgws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 07:53 AM   #4
giant_g2

Drives: '13 1LE, '89 Caprice
I have those rotors and EBC Bluestuff pads. I haven't done a track day yet, but they work well on the street. I plan on doing 3 20 minute sessions at Pocono in June. To me they seem to have the same amount of dust, a little less noise, a little more bite, and less fade. They are marketed as a dual use street and track pad. I think they advertise over 800 C max temp, which is almost 1500 F.
giant_g2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:32 AM   #5
LoneCynic

Drives: 2015 BVM 1SS/1LE
I put Hawks on mine too, and they work great, no noise, very little brake dust. I have just used them for regular driving though. Haven't done any track days or anything. I bought them to accommodate my daily driving set of wheels/tires because the stock brake pads had those big weights sticking out of the back of the calipers. My daily driving set is 18x9 Forgestars with Nitto Motivo rubber all around, so the "roller skates" had to go to fit smaller wheels with larger tires.
LoneCynic is offline   Reply With Quote